Matt Striker: "I would love to go to TNA..."

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This from an interview with OffsetTV:

I like wrestling man. So any place that would ask me, to give me the honor of wrestling or work for them in a wrestling company. I have a lot of friends in TNA, a lot. I think TNA has really carved out a place for themselves in wrestling. People give them a bad rap for a lot of things but TNA has a place in wrestling. They have created their own place. Everyone out there is just trying to do WWE. You can't just do WWE because the WWE does WWE.

Yeah, I would love to go to TNA in a myriad of capacities be it in-ring, behind the scenes, interviewer, announcer. Absolutely, if that opportunity came up, I'd be there in a heart-beat. I have a lot of friends there and I like wrestling.

--

Considering how often Colt Cabanna talks about the offers TNA have made to him to join their commentary, I don't see how you don't look at comments like this (humble as they are) and know you've got an opportunity to hire a guy who has real value like Striker if you're Dixie Carter.

I don't know. I was not a fan of Striker in the WWE; way, way too much wrestling jargon and insider references as a play by play guy when he was there that I found him to be a bit too serious as a wrestling commentator. Since TNA is more sports entertainment; I don't think he fits. I would have thought he would have been in ROH by now as a play by play person and he fits their product better.

Also, they have Jeremy Borash, who I like a lot, for behind the scenes, interviews, etc. Maybe a manger again but that is all I can see Matt Stiker doing without clogging the rest of non wrestling roles.

I loved Stryker when he commented on the Rumble a few years back. Booker and Nash's returns...you could tell he was marking out at the announce booth. I think he's better as a colour than a play by play but that kind of passion shines through and if the announcers seem excited about the product it makes you feel excited about the product. That's why JR was so good, he sold so much emotion.

i loved striker on comatary he was my fav at the time. wwe should have kept him. tna should pick him up and eaither do a three man team. hell he could even wreashel for them he was to small in wwe but he mght b ok n tna.

It is hard to believe there is not a position in WWE, TNA or ROH for someone like Stryker. Most of the commentators/announcer we see/hear today are God awful. In ROH Kevin Kelly does a solid good. His color partner tends to rotate but he keeps the viewers informed and entertained. The WWE commentators flat out suck. Cole is just a hype monkey for any social media outlet, seemingly messing his pants over any and every stupid marketing statistic. King’s act is just old and tiresome. He hasn’t been able to evolve with the product. Even JBL is on the short side of average. He needs to resemble old school Jesse Ventura with his own classic twist, he would be amazing. Instead we get a flip flopping tweener more worried about the character on his you tube show. In TNA we have the worst of the worst. I do not have a lot of negative to say about Tennay but feel they could stand to fresh things up with his position. Taz on the other should be taken out back at Universal and shot. I’ve actually turned Impact on mute so that I could enjoy the in ring action.

If I were TNA I would hire the team of Stryker and Corny.

TNA probably can't afford it but they could go with Ross, Striker & Tenay as an announce team. Striker is ok at color. Just ok. But better than most at the position right now.

I like Striker, I agree he could do tons of stuff. I always thought he had a Mr. Anderson vibe going but he was restricked to what he could do by the WWE.

That being said, I would vouch for bringing back Kennely first.

striker could bring a lot to the table i feel. not bringing in star power, but hes very smart about the bussiness i think he would be a good commentator or manager.

It wouldn't hurt to bring him in. I heard the match he did with Scorpio Sky was great over in Hollywood Wrestling. Granted, I saw him briefly when he was in WWE and didn't think much of him. The way that piece read, he seemed sincere in his comments.

Please no! This is the commentator from Championship Wrestling From Hollywood right? Now I'm not going to beat around the bush here, he flat out sucks! Now I don't know too much about him as he hasn't been in CWFH long but I've found him to be extremely annoying from the off. He seems to be very patronising and talks to everyone (audience/co commentators) as if they are 5 years old. Have never seen him wrestle though so perhaps he's better on that front than he is on commentary? People moan about Taz at times but I think those same people would be praying for Taz to be on commentary if Matt Striker showed up in TNA. I suppose he could make a good heel though as he's one of those people you just want to punch in the face for absolutely no reason.

He's not any worse than what they have now in commentary. I didn't think he was quite as bad in WWE as people said he was.

Even if TNA didn't want to bring him in on commentary it couldn't hurt to bring him in with some other role like he mentioned. Make him a producer or something. Give him another shot as a manager only without the teacher gimmick that he had in WWE. I'm sure he could make an annoying enough manager.

I couldn't see him coming in as a wrestler though. He wouldn't be worth the investment in that regard but anything else would be fine.

Please no! This is the commentator from Championship Wrestling From Hollywood right? Now I'm not going to beat around the bush here, he flat out sucks! Now I don't know too much about him as he hasn't been in CWFH long but I've found him to be extremely annoying from the off. He seems to be very patronising and talks to everyone (audience/co commentators) as if they are 5 years old. Have never seen him wrestle though so perhaps he's better on that front than he is on commentary? People moan about Taz at times but I think those same people would be praying for Taz to be on commentary if Matt Striker showed up in TNA. I suppose he could make a good heel though as he's one of those people you just want to punch in the face for absolutely no reason.

Like I said, he was pretty restricked in the WWE. And I don't think he should do the commentating, he should be used in a more active wrestling role.

Of course Matt Striker would welcome the opportunity to go to TNA Wrestling. They are, after all, the second largest pro wrestling organization. Truth be told, I'm sure he'd love to return to WWE. But if you aren't able to ply your trade in the largest company there is, it seems logical to me that you'd have interest in doing so in the second largest.

As I see it, what harm could come from him joining Impact Wrestling? At the end of the day, they could always use him to replace Tazz at commentary. Because anyone would be an upgrade over that guy at the announce table.

Matt Striker always annoyed me on commentary. Way too obnoxious and the barrage of intellectual metaphors were annoying and tiresome. In fact, there was a time I took a break from Smackdown, because I couldn't stand the team of Todd Grisham and Striker (still one of the worst WWE commentary teams in recent memory). Taz is cringeworthy 99% of the time (anyone, who laughs so hard at their own corny jokes is a complete tool), but I wouldn't rely on Striker as a noticeable upgrade.

I would try Striker as a manager. The pair with Big Daddy V was doomed from the start, because you couldn't take him seriously as this monster heel (he was too fat), but I see more of an upside for Striker as a heel manager or another non-wrestling character. Naturally, Striker has an unlikeable persona as this preppy geek, with a superiority complex. Striker playing the snobbish genius role in other areas for TNA is a better fit for him, because if you're looking for a better option to replace Taz's awfulness, Striker is not that guy.

I would be happy to see Matt Striker in TNA. I was never one of the guys who hates his commentary, he is knowledgable about the business and while he is a bit cheesy he is better than most.

He does have a certain "dislikeable" quality about him though, which would work well if TNA brought him in to be a heel manager, of which they haven't really got many. Striker can also wrestle to a decent level too, which is another bonus to any company who is thinking about bringing him in.

I doubt he would cost a huge amount to bring in either, so if TNA are looking at bringing in cheaper talent with some kind of name value, Striker will probably be on the list because of his relatively young age and the various uses they could have for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back