Will Chris Benoit ever be inducted in the the WWE Hall of Fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get some things clear...

1. Although its probable I committed the murders, the case itself was closed "inconclusive" due to a LACK of evidence. In fact many of my one time colleagues in the business STILL believe someone else committed the murders, not from a sense of denial...but from a sense of knowing me for many years on an INDIVIDUAL and PERSONAL basis unlike the media, the police, and the fans.

2. The WWE HOF is exclusively and I repeat EXCLUSIVELY an honor to dedicate a man's contribution to professional wrestling PERIOD. It bears no association to whether he was a humanitarian or ANY other aspect of his life. Will Al Pacino not be given a Actors Guild Award because he was caught the other day sniffing cocaine?? NO...the Actors Guild Award represents his contributions to movies...not his PERSONAL LIFE...will someone be denied a Math Award because they blatatly failed Science...no...because the Math Award deals with math and math ALONE!!! the WWE HOF should deal with wrestling and wrestling ALONE...if not...then DO NOT CALL IT the WWE HOF...its not a lifetime or humanitarian of the year award we are talking about here...

3. Someone here earlier mentioned Tiger Woods...even if Tiger killed his wife...he is STILL the greatest golfer of all time...yes hes a murderer...but that has NOTHING to do with his contributions to golf...does he deserve a humanitarian award??? HELL NO...does he deserve a golfer's achievement award?? ABSOLUTELY YES!!!! thats the difference...

People are biased...none of you were there...and if you blindly believe what the media tells you because they feel its the most probably explanation and not a definite proven one...then i worry about you all...

To answer the question, I don't see it EVER happening, but if you ask does he deserve to be in the Hall of Fame, my answer is ABSOLUTELY, and my argument is simply this, you look at his WRESTLING career and based on that alone,he was going to be a solid lock inductee somewhere down the line and ANYONE who says otherwise is lying to themselves. ECW, WCW, WWE, that man wrestled his heart out every night, and more times then not, we applauded him for it. I'm still saddened that he will only be remembered for his malicious actions, and while I DO NOT condone what he did, he was a tremendous wrestler who i grew up watching and respected. WrestleMania 20, say what you want, but when he and Eddie are in the ring at the end, as champions was one of the best WM moments in history. It was real and you found yourself happy for the two of them. He should be in, but he wont. WWE wont even acknowledge him, which i have personally never agreed with, but i think i the case is pretty open-shut, even if the debate is not. Chris Benoit will never be in the Hall of Fame.

However, i say this, and it may be two complete different things, but O.J. is still mentioned to this day as one of the NFL greats. The NFL does not erase him from their history, and the man was involved in one of the biggest if not the biggest murder trail in history. And is in jail right now. I wish WWE would at least acknowledge his accomplishments and not treat the common fan as if Chris Benoit never existed. We all know he did.

HOLY FUCK you are a COLOSSAL fucking moron. As are the rest of you going "Blah blah blah Benoit didn't mean anything he was a nobody"...umm, what the FUCK are you talking about? Maybe you missed out on Wrestlemania 20, the biggest Mania of them all up that point, but it ended with the entire focus on Chris Benoit celebrating in the ring after defeating Triple H and Shawn Michaels, two men who have basically been the top dogs in the WWE together for the last 15 years and have more pull in the company than anyone else. And Benoit beat both of them, in a Wrestlemania main event, IN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, the sacred ground of the WWE. I'm sorry, if you think that moment can be wiped away with no difference, you are a moron.

SO MUCH fucking ignorance in this thread about Benoit. Benoit was a world champion on several different continents, held world titles in the two biggest companies in wrestling history (WCW and WWE), won the inaugural Super J Cup in 1994 in Japan (AKA the most infamous wrestling tournament OF ALL FUCKING TIME and one of the most acclaimed shows EVER) as well as the shitload of other titles he won in ECW, WCW, WWE, and around the globe. You are a fucking moron if you actually think Benoit wasn't a big deal, the man was one of the greatest wrestlers to ever live and put on more five star classics than half of you could count on both your hands and feet.

Does he deserve to be in the Hall of Fame? No. I mean, yes, his CAREER does, but after what he did there's just no reason to induct him, not for a very, very long time. The wrestling community is still dealing with the horror of that night, and it will be a very, very long time before the WWE is even willing to openly discuss that he existed.

But seriously, all of you shitting on Benoit's career...shut the fuck up, you clearly do not know what you are talking about whatsoever, Benoit was one of the most respected and acclaimed wrestlers to ever live on this planet.

The WWE Hall of Fame has NOTHING to do with your career IN THE RING... its your impact on the INDUSTRY... business my friends, nothing more, and if blanking out the most horrific event in wrestling history in hopes that the INDUSTRY earns some respect back, then thats what they will do, and they will be all the better for it... pete rose and william refridgerator perry were excelent technicians in the ring, thats why they're in.... i mean its like you guys time traveled to 1999 and are stuck in a bingo hall thinking that the second W in WWE stands for wrestling...Scmiss Schmenoit was a complete waste of everyones time, he sucked, and i felt that way well before he made up my mind for me... MR ECKO... you sir, are a ******

The WWE Hall of Fame has NOTHING to do with your career IN THE RING... its your impact on the INDUSTRY... business my friends, nothing more, and if blanking out the most horrific event in wrestling history in hopes that the INDUSTRY earns some respect back, then thats what they will do, and they will be all the better for it... pete rose and william refridgerator perry were excelent technicians in the ring, thats why they're in.... i mean its like you guys time traveled to 1999 and are stuck in a bingo hall thinking that the second W in WWE stands for wrestling...Scmiss Schmenoit was a complete waste of everyones time, he sucked, and i felt that way well before he made up my mind for me... MR ECKO... you sir, are a ******

Indeed, it is about the impact somebody had on tihs very industry and Chris Benoit might have been a really good worker but the murders are overshadowing everything positive that man has done in the ring, his actions have caused big damage to the industry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's been proven? He never faced trial. What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? He can't be proven guilty or not guilty, because he took his own life.

Look, I'm not saying he didn't do it. I think he probably did, considering all the evidence. But the evidence has never truly been tested, because there can't be a court-case.
What an utterly ridiculous argument. Making a plea in court bears no relevance whatsoever to evidence and how you're found. Yet you think it makes a difference just because a judge and jury didn't try him.

"Innocent until proven guilty..." - do you really think that HAS to happen in a courtroom? Don't be such a fucking mongoloid.

Listen, I wish he hadn't done it too, which I assume is why you're making this ridiculous argument. Either that or you just love your got dang country and lady liberty too much for the terrorists to condemn a man.

As to the point of the topic, no. There is no amount of time that will pass for it to be accepted, and as much as they might try, there's no way WWE will be able to justifiably separate his accomplishments from his final days.

The WWE Hall of Fame has NOTHING to do with your career IN THE RING...

Are you high? How the fuck does one's WRESTLING in the ring have nothing to do with a WRESTLING hall of fame? Surely you must be kidding me.

its your impact on the INDUSTRY

And Benoit had a huge impact on the business and generations of wrestlers. But again, because you're probably fucking sixteen and don't even realize that Benoit was already a worldwide famed wrestler before he ever even came to the WWE, you probably wouldn't know that.

business my friends, nothing more, and if blanking out the most horrific event in wrestling history in hopes that the INDUSTRY earns some respect back, then thats what they will do, and they will be all the better for it... pete rose and william refridgerator perry were excelent technicians in the ring, thats why they're in.... i mean its like you guys time traveled to 1999 and are stuck in a bingo hall thinking that the second W in WWE stands for wrestling...Scmiss Schmenoit was a complete waste of everyones time, he sucked, and i felt that way well before he made up my mind for me... MR ECKO... you sir, are a ******

That was the most asinine run-on sentence I've read in a very long time. Clearly you know very, very little about professional wrestling. Benoit was a waste of everyone's time? Really? Is that why he MAIN EVENTED WRESTLEMANIA 20 IN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN AND WON? Wrestlemania 20, if I remember correctly, scored the highest buyrate in Wrestlemania history up to that point. So this bullshit you're saying about how no one cared about Benoit is fucking ridiculous, the 50,000 fans in Madiso Square Garden cheering their fucking brains out and SCREAMING Benoit's name sure as fuck cared about him.

Do yourself a favor, do some fucking research about Benoit before opening your mouth and spewing verbal diarrhea all over our forum.

I think if youre inducted into hell, you shouldnt be inducted into any hall of fame. He was a good wrestler, but even without the whole murder suicide thing, he doesnt belong in the wwe hall of hame.

I think a Benoits performance in the ring should speak for itself and not be judged on his personal life...For instance,look at Eddie guerrero or Curt Hennig..their lives ended prematurely basically at their own hands,overdosing on either muscle relaxers,pain killers or cocaine related..and theyre in the hall..To me the hall is nothing more than and ego filled political ploy only for McMahon to satsisfy his own self..Too bad that a wrestler has to die before wwe will even think of mentionng their accomplishments elsewhere in the world....WWE has become nothing more than a ROPE OPERA and people will soon turn to TNA if nothing else for a change...If TNA can keep the mindset of not being as ridiculous as wwe then they just might have a chance

this is my final post for this thread, this should just about sum it up for everyone... WRESTLING IS FAKE!!!! technical ability means absolutely nothing in todays product, thats why they put IWCs favorite (and the best technicion since Scmiss Scmenoit) Bryan Danielson (n.k.a.) Daniel Bryan, with the MIZ (a REAL superstar)... sure Danielson could "wrestle" circles around the MIZ, but what else can he do? whats makes me want to watch him? if they put him in a ring with Chris masters (a "professional wrestler" with absolutely no grappling skills to note) is he gonna "wrestle" circles or get squashed, due to the fact that theres no reason to invest any production time in him? now lets step out of our own heads and out of your moms basement and for one second try to invision wrestling isnt fake, how long would it take for a guy like sheamus or batista or masters to absolutely kill Bryan Danielson and all his "wrestling ability"? a few seconds? knowing a few choreographed chain moves is great, i love Bryan Danielson, i love what he is able to do in the ring, but if they introduce him as Daniel Bryan and the only thing that hes known for is his "ruthless aggression" and technical ability, hes never gonna get off the ground, suppose he sticks around long enough, proves hes a company guy and they decide, "eh, lets put this fake belt that doesnt mean anything" around his waist, and he doesnt get over as a champ, then gets relegated to the lower leagues( i.e. Schmenoit drafted to ECW), then fades away, all his international titles, all his praise by geeks on the internet, and all the accolades he had in the INDYs will have been for nothing, he will not have had a HOF career, then why does Schmiss Schmenoit deserve it?... HULK HOGAN, STONE COLD, The Rock, wanna know what they had in common? over the top personalities and larger then life characters, and more then that... no technical ability at all... they could read an audience and call matches (something Schmenoit couldn't), and in the long run will be remembered not for their classic matches but for the IMPACT ON THE INDUSTRY!! Schmis Scmenoit is getting a pineapple shoved up his ass by Mike Awesome in Hell right now... Burn Scmenoit, Burn....

Many schools of thoughts on the Benoit situation, but the simple answer to everyones question, No.

Now, does this mean I am not a Chris Benoit fan, far from it. In fact, I would rate myself up quite highly when it comes to Benoit fans on the board. My favorite match of all time happens to be Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit from Royal Rumble 2003, and my favor feud of all time is the series of matches these two had with each other from 2000 to 2003. Chris Benoit was an artist in the ring.

The big issue is, the issue surrounding his death. I'm a rationale human being. I see that Chris Benoit had a problem, his brain. His brain was beaten to death over the course of a 20 year career. Society now is only starting to take into consideration the seriousness of things like Concusions, hell, the NFL is basically trying to cover it's ass as we speak on the issue.

The problem is, not everyone is a rational human being. People simply don't understand what it means to be a 40 year old man with the brain of an 80 year old. People can't relate to it, so they simply demonize or generalize the situtaion. Chris Benoit killed his wife and son, therefore he is an evil monster. It's simply peoples way of trying to justify why someone would do such a thing.

As far as the WWE is concerned, Vince is going to cover his ass. When Congress is done dealing with the NFL and it's head related issues, the WWE is going to be next. If Vince McMahon can do what ever possible to disassociate himself from the Benoit Incident, he will. Now in fairness, for anyone to solely lay the blame on the WWE for the state of Benoit's brain, that is naive. I'm pretty sure Benoit took his fair share of chairshots in ECW, WCW, Japan, Canada, Mexico, or wherever. It's the type of wrestler he was.

Vince has to answer to his shareholders. The public outcry over putting Chris Benoit into the hall of fame is too much of a risk for the WWE to take on. Hell, the WWE did a complete image change to the PG era right after the Benoit Incident. The PR nightmare of having to explain to people why you put a murderer, no matter the reasons, in the Hall of Fame is too much.

If Benoit was in the Hall of Fame then murdered his family, then he stays in, however, you simply can't put him in now, no matter how much the Wrestler deserves to be in.

this is my final post for this thread, this should just about sum it up for everyone... WRESTLING IS FAKE!!!! technical ability means absolutely nothing in todays product, thats why they put IWCs favorite (and the best technicion since Scmiss Scmenoit) Bryan Danielson (n.k.a.) Daniel Bryan, with the MIZ (a REAL superstar)... sure Danielson could "wrestle" circles around the MIZ, but what else can he do? whats makes me want to watch him? if they put him in a ring with Chris masters (a "professional wrestler" with absolutely no grappling skills to note) is he gonna "wrestle" circles or get squashed, due to the fact that theres no reason to invest any production time in him? now lets step out of our own heads and out of your moms basement and for one second try to invision wrestling isnt fake, how long would it take for a guy like sheamus or batista or masters to absolutely kill Bryan Danielson and all his "wrestling ability"? a few seconds? knowing a few choreographed chain moves is great, i love Bryan Danielson, i love what he is able to do in the ring, but if they introduce him as Daniel Bryan and the only thing that hes known for is his "ruthless aggression" and technical ability, hes never gonna get off the ground, suppose he sticks around long enough, proves hes a company guy and they decide, "eh, lets put this fake belt that doesnt mean anything" around his waist, and he doesnt get over as a champ, then gets relegated to the lower leagues( i.e. Schmenoit drafted to ECW), then fades away, all his international titles, all his praise by geeks on the internet, and all the accolades he had in the INDYs will have been for nothing, he will not have had a HOF career, then why does Schmiss Schmenoit deserve it?... HULK HOGAN, STONE COLD, The Rock, wanna know what they had in common? over the top personalities and larger then life characters, and more then that... no technical ability at all... they could read an audience and call matches (something Schmenoit couldn't), and in the long run will be remembered not for their classic matches but for the IMPACT ON THE INDUSTRY!! Schmis Scmenoit is getting a pineapple shoved up his ass by Mike Awesome in Hell right now... Burn Scmenoit, Burn....

You could be the stupidest person I have ever seen that has come across these forums. Stone Cold and Hogan could go in the ring and put on some of the greatest matches in this business as has Chris Benoit. Ability to wrestle in the ring has everything to do with being in the hall of fame. You are asinine to think that those with great impact couldn't wrestle. Benoit could outwrestle anybody in his prime and put on classic matches and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. It may be a long, long time but I believe he will get in.

I'm not defending Chris or anything but would you all call Verne Gagne a monster. He killed a pensioner (can't remember his age) with his finisher around the time he was inducted into the WWE hall of fame.

Are you high? How the fuck does one's WRESTLING in the ring have nothing to do with a WRESTLING hall of fame? Surely you must be kidding me.

And Benoit had a huge impact on the business and generations of wrestlers. But again, because you're probably fucking sixteen and don't even realize that Benoit was already a worldwide famed wrestler before he ever even came to the WWE, you probably wouldn't know that.

That was the most asinine run-on sentence I've read in a very long time. Clearly you know very, very little about professional wrestling. Benoit was a waste of everyone's time? Really? Is that why he MAIN EVENTED WRESTLEMANIA 20 IN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN AND WON? Wrestlemania 20, if I remember correctly, scored the highest buyrate in Wrestlemania history up to that point. So this bullshit you're saying about how no one cared about Benoit is fucking ridiculous, the 50,000 fans in Madiso Square Garden cheering their fucking brains out and SCREAMING Benoit's name sure as fuck cared about him.

Do yourself a favor, do some fucking research about Benoit before opening your mouth and spewing verbal diarrhea all over our forum.

BTW... Yes, I am High.. and its nice, you should try it, itll make you feel a little less self-important, it also explains bad grammar and run-on sentences (what a burn, btw) and YES, wrestling ability has nothing to do with getting into the HOF, otherwise the HOF would read the same as PWIs top 100 wrestlers of all time... it doesnt, in fact it neglects... i dont know 75 guys? the WWE HOF has to do with guys that Vince thinks made an impact. Koko B. Ware was not a good wrestler, he wasnt even all that famous, but he was the first african american that Vince put his faith into to get over with a mostly racist crowd, junkyard dogg, not so much, but he still got the call(lets face it 50% of fans are bigoted white trash) also as a note, im 26, not 16, i know all about Schmiss Schmenoits career before he died, and as noted before, he never ever did ananything for me, not in WCW, not when he jumped ship with saturn, malenko and guerrero, not when he won the rumble (him dragging the big show out of the ring with a head scissors was unbelievable, and by that, i mean i didnt believe for one second that he could do that if it wasnt the planned spot and show wasnt pulling himself off by the apron), and not when he ended one of the most dissapointing wrestlemanias of all time. as a wrestling fan im just someone looking to be entertained, and he never had that ability... also, anytime you wanna challenge my wrestling credentials... please... try...

Alright. I read these forums to view the state of professional wrestling from the fans point of view.

I can't sit here and watch you uneducated morons speak about things you don't understand.

I'm currently in med school. BOTH of my parents are in the medical field. I did a little research after the Benoit tragedy.

You have to understand the horrible shape his brain was in.

His brain looked like an 85 year old with Alzheimers plus Dementia.

I've treated patients with similiar symptoms. You don't understand what's going on in these people's head because their entire perception on life and reality becomes twisted and warped beyond anything you could imagine. You can't image and all of you who haven't studied medicine should shut your mouth honestly. As a wrestling fan and soon to be surgeon? I actually KNOW what I'm talking about.

The Hall of Fame is about what impact you had on the industry and your accomplishments. Does Benoit deserve it? More than most of the guys already in the HoF and who will be in the Hof. Does this excuse his actions? No, but people for God's sakes... the man was not a cold blooded murderer. He was not a heartless, corrupt, and evil man. He was not some roid raged crazy psycho who ran around harming people. He was SICK. It's just a shame he wasn't able to get medical help. Do you people even understand WHY his brain was in that shape?

Concussions. Simple as that. So for all of you ignorant teenagers who think he never accomplished anything, or anyone else who thinks he was just a monster do me a favor. Go suffer multiple concussions for roughly 20 some years and see how your world looks.

You should all be ashamed. Does Benoint deserve the honor? Absolutely. Anytime soon? No. Out of respect for both families it shouldn't happen for quite some time. I wouldn't even turn it into a big thing at the ceremony. Personally, I think they should quitely mention that due to his career and out of respect for his FAMILY (that's right, Chris Benoit had parents too people) they're putting him into the HoF and it doesn't even have to be at Wrestlemania time. It can be anytime. Just move him into the Inducted section. Post a small article about his Father accepting the award and how Chris Benoit is a perfect example of how dangerous multiple concussions over an extraordinary amount of time can be.

It will NEVER, EEEEEEEEEEEEEVER happen. I mean, WWE removed every bit of information about him and distanced themselves from him. This has never been done before even and they definitely have a reason for it. What he done before he died is just too severe that it totally erased his existence in the perception of the WWE.

The only way he'll ever get inducted is if someone actually can prove that someone else killed him and his family and made it look like he killed his family himself before taking his own life.

Will Chris Benoit ever be inducted in the the WWE Hall of Fame?

Simple Answer: Absolutely not

There is no simple answer , your suppose to explain your answer moron.

I don't think Benoit will ever get inducted in the hall of fame because of the controversy surrounding his death , if it were based on his time in the WWE , then hell yeah. He would have been inducted into the Hall of Fame class of which ever year he died in but yes because of the controversy surrounding his death prevents him from getting into the hall of fame so therefore, it won't happen anytime soon , unless the WWE does the unthinkable and does induct him, well then we would see Warrior and Savage inducted soon too if that were the case.

You could be the stupidest person I have ever seen that has come across these forums. Stone Cold and Hogan could go in the ring and put on some of the greatest matches in this business as has Chris Benoit. Ability to wrestle in the ring has everything to do with being in the hall of fame. You are asinine to think that those with great impact couldn't wrestle. Benoit could outwrestle anybody in his prime and put on classic matches and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. It may be a long, long time but I believe he will get in.

now heres your perfect example of a 16 year old kid spewing verbal diarhea... can you read, like, or do you have your mommy there helping you out with all the big words? are you gonna honestly sit there and tell me that Hogan could put on a great match? technically? have you ever seen a Hulk Hogan match? and when did i say all wrestlers who made an impact couldnt wrestle? i was intentionally leaving Ric Flair and HBK out of this because not only were they technically savvy, not only could they call a match and carry it against a broom, but both were over the top, larger then life characters, hence why they are "arguably the greatest". hulk hogan, along with austin, rock, and cena all wrestle the same match, the same moves, the same outcome, but they could read an audience, they could call it in the ring and they had great characters, their wrestling did not make them stars, they are the reason why WWE is in business... the WWE will always need technically gifted wrestlers to help put over the real stars, and thats what schmenoit was, someone to put the belt on untill Randy Orton was ready, nothing more, it was just a way to avoid the RKO vs HHH and/or RKO vs HBK match. he was an interim champ and thats it. the day hes inducted is the day i lose all respect for Vince McMahon as a human being and the WWE as a product.... get off your high horses and smell whatchoo shovelin... ******

Chris Benoit may have done wonderful things for WWE at the Time and everybody during that time loved him for it, BUT ONCE YOU MURDER YR OWN SON AND WIFE (ok your wife that happens a lot in the world unfortunately, not saying its right) but your SON?? Whether you're on drugs or roids or whatever the hell your on, your own son? Come on, for real?

He was a great wreslter before and during WWE but he will never ever ever evveerrrr be in the Hall of Fame after his murders.

Alright. I read these forums to view the state of professional wrestling from the fans point of view.

I can't sit here and watch you uneducated morons speak about things you don't understand.

I'm currently in med school. BOTH of my parents are in the medical field. I did a little research after the Benoit tragedy.

You have to understand the horrible shape his brain was in.

His brain looked like an 85 year old with Alzheimers plus Dementia.

I've treated patients with similiar symptoms. You don't understand what's going on in these people's head because their entire perception on life and reality becomes twisted and warped beyond anything you could imagine. You can't image and all of you who haven't studied medicine should shut your mouth honestly. As a wrestling fan and soon to be surgeon? I actually KNOW what I'm talking about.

The Hall of Fame is about what impact you had on the industry and your accomplishments. Does Benoit deserve it? More than most of the guys already in the HoF and who will be in the Hof. Does this excuse his actions? No, but people for God's sakes... the man was not a cold blooded murderer. He was not a heartless, corrupt, and evil man. He was not some roid raged crazy psycho who ran around harming people. He was SICK. It's just a shame he wasn't able to get medical help. Do you people even understand WHY his brain was in that shape?

Concussions. Simple as that. So for all of you ignorant teenagers who think he never accomplished anything, or anyone else who thinks he was just a monster do me a favor. Go suffer multiple concussions for roughly 20 some years and see how your world looks.

You should all be ashamed. Does Benoint deserve the honor? Absolutely. Anytime soon? No. Out of respect for both families it shouldn't happen for quite some time. I wouldn't even turn it into a big thing at the ceremony. Personally, I think they should quitely mention that due to his career and out of respect for his FAMILY (that's right, Chris Benoit had parents too people) they're putting him into the HoF and it doesn't even have to be at Wrestlemania time. It can be anytime. Just move him into the Inducted section. Post a small article about his Father accepting the award and how Chris Benoit is a perfect example of how dangerous multiple concussions over an extraordinary amount of time can be.

just quickly, i believe your a med student like i believe undertakers really is a dead guy! but for the most part, i dont think people think of him as a monster, most fans, especially the ones that frequent this site, know all about post-concussion syndrome and the affects it had on his brain. with that being said, the mans "signature" move was a flying headbutt, no wrestler has to be hit in the head with a chair, ask foley, he WANTED to be hit in the head, because it creates more drama then a chair to the back (case in point, the end of RAW last night, 1 head shot wouldve been more effective then the 12 shots to the back batista gave cena) any and all head trauma that schmenoit took was of his own accord, it wasnt called for by Vince, the wrestlers and producers call the matches themselves, but more then anything, this guy was a massive roid freak! ok med student, dig into your med journals and let me know what prolonged steroid abuse will do to not only the body, but the mind... once again, noone forced schmenoit to cycle like hes lance armstrong, he did that all by himself, he was a 40 year old man and made decisions on his own, that is why there is no sympathy for benoit, not because us "simple-minded" cant comprehend what the brain of an 80 year old in the body of a 40 year old running like a 20 year old will do to you... take responsibility for your own actions, and he did, by hanging himself and it was absolutely the right thing for him to do... because he sucked... and he did it to himself. period.

BTW... Yes, I am High.. and its nice, you should try it, itll make you feel a little less self-important, it also explains bad grammar and run-on sentences (what a burn, btw) and YES, wrestling ability has nothing to do with getting into the HOF, otherwise the HOF would read the same as PWIs top 100 wrestlers of all time... it doesnt, in fact it neglects... i dont know 75 guys? the WWE HOF has to do with guys that Vince thinks made an impact. Koko B. Ware was not a good wrestler, he wasnt even all that famous, but he was the first african american that Vince put his faith into to get over with a mostly racist crowd, junkyard dogg, not so much, but he still got the call(lets face it 50% of fans are bigoted white trash) also as a note, im 26, not 16, i know all about Schmiss Schmenoits career before he died, and as noted before, he never ever did ananything for me, not in WCW, not when he jumped ship with saturn, malenko and guerrero, not when he won the rumble (him dragging the big show out of the ring with a head scissors was unbelievable, and by that, i mean i didnt believe for one second that he could do that if it wasnt the planned spot and show wasnt pulling himself off by the apron), and not when he ended one of the most dissapointing wrestlemanias of all time. as a wrestling fan im just someone looking to be entertained, and he never had that ability... also, anytime you wanna challenge my wrestling credentials... please... try...

The most disturbing part of this whole post is the fact that you are twenty-six years of age. I hope and pray that you are bullshitting me. According to the posts you have written you have don't have a fifth grade education, let alone wrestling credentials.

The end of Wrestlemania 20 was one of the most satisfying, inspirational moments in professional wrestling history. Anybody that considers themselves a fan of the business knows the history and pasts of Benoit and Guerrero. Friends for decades, rivals, partners and champions. Two men that were considered at one point to be too small for the industry had become the champions in the most successful wrestling promotion in the world. I'm not really sure how anybody on Earth would be disappointed by that ending. I also recall the crowd, a sold out MSG crowd nonetheless, chanting Benoit's name. This fact alone negates your statements regarding Benoit's inability to hold an audience and put on a show.

I have always been a big Benoit mark. With that being said, he will never be inducted into the hall of fame. Nobody takes the WWE's HOF seriously as a legitimate hall of fall meant to honor the most impactful wrestlers to ever lace up the boots. Vince will induct whomever he feels could possible make him money again, whomever can make an appearance and could sign a legends contract. Seeing Benoit's situation, that cannot happen. So why would he piss off an incredible amount of people and possibly lose sponsorships to put Benoit in the hall of fame? There's far more negatives that would come from it then there are positives for Vince, so it wouldn't make sense. I'm sure he will be inducted into other hall of fames though, the ones where the owners wouldn't lose anything by doing so. As he should because he was one of the best.

The most disturbing part of this whole post is the fact that you are twenty-six years of age. I hope and pray that you are bullshitting me. According to the posts you have written you have don't have a fifth grade education, let alone wrestling credentials.

The end of Wrestlemania 20 was one of the most satisfying, inspirational moments in professional wrestling history. Anybody that considers themselves a fan of the business knows the history and pasts of Benoit and Guerrero. Friends for decades, rivals, partners and champions. Two men that were considered at one point to be too small for the industry had become the champions in the most successful wrestling promotion in the world. I'm not really sure how anybody on Earth would be disappointed by that ending. I also recall the crowd, a sold out MSG crowd nonetheless, chanting Benoit's name. This fact alone negates your statements regarding Benoit's inability to hold an audience and put on a show.

I have always been a big Benoit mark. With that being said, he will never be inducted into the hall of fame. Nobody takes the WWE's HOF seriously as a legitimate hall of fall meant to honor the most impactful wrestlers to ever lace up the boots. Vince will induct whomever he feels could possible make him money again, whomever can make an appearance and could sign a legends contract. Seeing Benoit's situation, that cannot happen. So why would he piss off an incredible amount of people and possibly lose sponsorships to put Benoit in the hall of fame? There's far more negatives that would come from it then there are positives for Vince, so it wouldn't make sense. I'm sure he will be inducted into other hall of fames though, the ones where the owners wouldn't lose anything by doing so. As he should because he was one of the best.

ok... so because my opinion differs from you, im a moron? i have not used a single bad word nor referred to any single forum member as a moron for not sharing my opinion, im just stating it. but, because its in a public forum, you have every right to judge and criticise what i have to say, as does everyone on here... im sorry if i have zero typing skills and that im typing these out stream of conscience and dont have the time nor the care to go back and fix grammar- so in response to all that have a problem with grammar, you need an (pre-pg) additude adjustment, what do you know about me- other then that i dont like Schmiss Schmenoit? what if we were on a different forum and you had nothing to do but agree with me? then is my grammar still an issue? i hated wrestlemania 20, mostly because i didnt care for guerrero and benoit, i like heels, and i like big guys, neither fit that category, i wouldve preferred Angle winning against EG and HHH retaining, and i dont really care HHH either. My opinion on whether it was a good show has nothing to do with my knowledge of pro wrestling history, its a matter of opinion, a-hole. and guess what? that same MSG crowd that went nuts for Benoit at the beginning of the show, went even more bazonkers when Cena won the opening bout, they also laughed at stupid gimmicks and backstage antics then booed brock lesnar and goldberg out of the building... hows about that for a bunch of "smart fans"? Of course they cheered, thats what Vince McMahon wanted, the good guy underdogs on top at the end... you just fed into the system, i guess that makes you the moron... because you like whatever WWE tells you to like and cant form an opinion of your own? ******!

I loved benoit. "Toothless agression" haha....
In all seriousness tho, I doubt he will EVER be induced simply off the fact that WWE doesn't typically "shed light" on those who have went "bad" granted, IMo he was a PHENOMENAL technical wrestler, probobly one of the best EVER. Had great matches and has a whole pile of matches won against some of the best.
it deffinatley does bug me, on account of all is acomplishments, that he would/will get "snubbed" for a HOF spot b/c of the murder/suicide. (Which by the way, still makes me sick)
He was a great WRESTLER. Period. That's the whole idea of a HOF, is to induct people who have gave there all in that ring, and were dam good at doing it.
If there was a petition for Benoit in the HOF, I'd deff. Sign, but him entering on WWE's accord... That's another story IMO

now heres your perfect example of a 16 year old kid spewing verbal diarhea... can you read, like, or do you have your mommy there helping you out with all the big words? are you gonna honestly sit there and tell me that Hogan could put on a great match? technically? have you ever seen a Hulk Hogan match? and when did i say all wrestlers who made an impact couldnt wrestle? i was intentionally leaving Ric Flair and HBK out of this because not only were they technically savvy, not only could they call a match and carry it against a broom, but both were over the top, larger then life characters, hence why they are "arguably the greatest". hulk hogan, along with austin, rock, and cena all wrestle the same match, the same moves, the same outcome, but they could read an audience, they could call it in the ring and they had great characters, their wrestling did not make them stars, they are the reason why WWE is in business... the WWE will always need technically gifted wrestlers to help put over the real stars, and thats what schmenoit was, someone to put the belt on untill Randy Orton was ready, nothing more, it was just a way to avoid the RKO vs HHH and/or RKO vs HBK match. he was an interim champ and thats it. the day hes inducted is the day i lose all respect for Vince McMahon as a human being and the WWE as a product.... get off your high horses and smell whatchoo shovelin... ******

Simpleton, I'm 21 as you clearly see on my profile but I wouldn't expect you to find it.

Hogan was a great technical wrestler in the 70s and 80s and people like you hate on his "limited moveset" but he was the best wrestler in the world with that moveset for two decades.

Benoit may not have had the charisma that Flair or HBK but he was arguably better in the ring than both of them. Orton got the championship only to become the youngest champ ever after Lesnar left, nothing more. Benoit was one of the best wrestlers in his era and what happened in his personal life will not take that away in my eyes.

Should he be inducted? Yeah, probably. His career more than warrants an induction, since the guy did everything there is to do in the business. He won titles in many different countries no matter where he was on the card, he was a superb wrestler and he headlined arguably the biggest wrestling show of all time in Wrestlemania 20. This is a wrestling Hall of Fame induction, not a Person of the Year award. If what happened in your personal life mattered, then Austin would've never been in the HoF.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what Benoit did should be forgotten or forgiven. But it shouldn't change what he was as a performer and it shouldn't make his matches any harder to watch. He wasn't Chris Benoit the person in the ring, he was Chris Benoit the Performer. And as anyone who's mildly intelligent will know, Benoit's brain was incredibly messed up from all the shots he took to the head. I'm not gonna say it wasn't his fault, but the severe brain damage should be taken into consideration. It's the cases of schizophrenic people murdering someone, but not being themselves while they do it, not knowing what they're doing. It was clear that Benoit wasn't just an evil man who killed people. He needed help, desperately.

But will he ever be inducted? I don't think so. It's not impossible, but I doubt it'll happen while Vince is around since Vince is trying to distance himself as much as possible from all that stuff. When (If?) Stephanie and Triple H take over, they might do it. But that's a very big might. While Stephanie might taker her father's approach of sweeping anything Benoit related under the rug, Triple H's love for the business must surely mean he appreciates what Benoit did in the industry.

But, at the end of the day, only time will tell.

ok... so because my opinion differs from you, im a moron? i have not used a single bad word nor referred to any single forum member as a moron for not sharing my opinion, im just stating it. but, because its in a public forum, you have every right to judge and criticise what i have to say, as does everyone on here... im sorry if i have zero typing skills and that im typing these out stream of conscience and dont have the time nor the care to go back and fix grammar- so in response to all that have a problem with grammar, you need an (pre-pg) additude adjustment, what do you know about me- other then that i dont like Schmiss Schmenoit? what if we were on a different forum and you had nothing to do but agree with me? then is my grammar still an issue? i hated wrestlemania 20, mostly because i didnt care for guerrero and benoit, i like heels, and i like big guys, neither fit that category, i wouldve preferred Angle winning against EG and HHH retaining, and i dont really care HHH either. My opinion on whether it was a good show has nothing to do with my knowledge of pro wrestling history, its a matter of opinion, a-hole. and guess what? that same MSG crowd that went nuts for Benoit at the beginning of the show, went even more bazonkers when Cena won the opening bout, they also laughed at stupid gimmicks and backstage antics then booed brock lesnar and goldberg out of the building... hows about that for a bunch of "smart fans"? Of course they cheered, thats what Vince McMahon wanted, the good guy underdogs on top at the end... you just fed into the system, i guess that makes you the moron... because you like whatever WWE tells you to like and cant form an opinion of your own? ******!

You have referred to myself and other forum members as ''******s''. I can refer to you as whatever I'd like as it only pertains to the choice of words you have made and the way you have represented yourself.

You have every right to an opinion, no matter how incredibly stupid in my seem to almost everyone. Just as I have every right to counter your points. You stated why you think Benoit shouldn't be in the hall of fame, and in less and more poignantly put words, I offered my thoughts as to why he should be but will not be. Then you say the crowd was stupid for booing Lesnar and Goldberg? The fans were pissed at the fact that both of these men were leaving. They paid to see the match, they have every right to act accordingly.

So because I liked the way they ended that particular Wrestlemania I ''fed into the system"? Besides the fact that what you said makes little to no fucking sense, the fact that I formed an opinion on the subject all by myself without Vince or anyone telling me to do so makes your arguments comical. You say that the crowd was crazy for Benoit winning, and in the same breath you say that he couldn't connect with the crowd the same way Hogan or Austin could. So does he or doesn't he? When you have tens of thousands of people chanting your name, I'd consider that a connection.

Nobody is bashing you for your opinions, they're saying your an idiot because you make outlandish claims while not backing a single one of them without a high level of hypocrisy. You are incredibly misinformed and you do not convincingly display your opinions without trying to degrade whoever is disagreeing with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back