Will Chris Benoit ever be inducted in the the WWE Hall of Fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a possibility that he will be inducted to the Hall of Fame. I mean don't get me wrong, the unspeakable crimes he committed are horrible... but he was also sick. He was depressed, had brain damage, and on pills and steroids. I'm not making excuses, but from what I've seen prescription pills are probably some of the most dangerous drugs in existence. Most pills are just legal forms of heroin and meth or are derived from the same chemical family as those dangerous and debilitating drugs. But even now I feel awkward choosing Chris Benoit as a character in my wrestling video games... and he is/was one of the best characters to use. So only time will tell if Chris Benoit will be remembered as a cold blooded psychotic killer or another victim of the whacked out drug policies our country loosely enforces.

No offense, but those of you that want to keep possibly the best damn technical wrestler out of the HoF because of what he allegedly did need some serious mental examinations. I personally don't believe that Benoit killed Nancy or Daniel and I sure as hell don't believe that his personal life should be taken into account, but I don't think anyone can deny what Chris contributed positively to the business. If Vince can induct people like Ted Dibiase (who last I checked only won a tag-team title in his WWF career) and Koko B. Ware (who I felt was mediocre at best) he can definitely induct Benoit (though the induction would be cheapened by anti-Benoit ignorants at the ceremony and the mere fact his plaque would be in the same room with Pete Rose, who only got in via 3 beatings from Kane and a stinkface from Rikishi). I say let him in. Maybe some fans will be fooled by the Wild Pegasus gimmick from his Japan days but PUT "CHRIS BENOIT" IN.

lol, you really are insane. You have mental issues. I guess you would like to see Hitler receive some awards or be named man of the year because he was a good leader right? Forget the millions of people he had killed, because he really ran his country well and was well on his way to taking over all of Europe. We should just look past the bad that he did, correct? You are crazy. Seriously, I think you should be examined by a professional. Oh, and the guy who also doesn't care what Michael Vick does in his free time. Chris Benoit killed his family and himself, but he did one hell of a head butt off of the top rope! WTF?!

Never gonna happen. Has no one heard the old saying "one oh shit screws up a thousand attaboys"? And this is a big oh shit. He didn't get caught with a bag of weed, he killed his wife and child. Any conspiracy theorist that says otherwise is just ignorant. It's a damn shame really, because he had the potential, imo, to be a legend. But nobody will remember that. And honestly I don't know that anyone should.

WWE has a image to hold and in light of what happen to chris benoit its was trying it best to hold that image by not mentioning his name and cutting him out wwe/wcw history...there are many theories of what transpired that day unfortunately we can only go by what police came up with ...beniot was a good wrestler in my opinion was always a main even superstar was well liked by fans and peers so yeah its sad that the incident tarnished his career but unfortunately when somethin that bad happens you cant simply said well he was this or that cause in the end this crime only says he can never reach his true potential...

I guess you would like to see Hitler receive some awards or be named man of the year because he was a good leader right? Forget the millions of people he had killed, because he really ran his country well and was well on his way to taking over all of Europe. We should just look past the bad that he did, correct?

Hitler did win Man of the Year lol but thats a totally different thing. But I see people saying he won so many titles and DiBiase only won a few or one so Benoit deserves it more but back when DiBiase was wrestling the titles ment a whole hell of alot more than they do today, they put titles on different people all the time and there are twice as many titles as there were back then so his title reigns are a little bit skewed, if Benoit had been wrestling then he would probably have the same if not a weaker resume than DiBiase.

It's absolutely insane how ignorant all of you are being. Tests were conducted on Benoit's brain by Julian Bailes, the head of neurosurgery at West Virginia University, and results showed that "Benoit's brain was so severely damaged it resembled the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient." Wrestling destroyed Benoit's mind and you people calling him a coward and a heartless murderer are either really sick individuals, don't believe in medical science, or are too lazy to look anything up before you start spouting your half-witted vitriol (how does murder and suicide make someone a coward anyway? You can't throw a word around that has no practical application to the matter).

It was a tragic event, and the peak of irony since it was Benoit's full devotion to professional wrestling that ultimately destroyed him in such a way that he will never get any credit for what he accomplished. Should he go into the HOF, sure, but it wouldn't be for a long time down the road when people are more comfortable with the facts of the tragedy and appreciating him on his career, not his personal life. Even then, with fans like WWE has, that might never happen until after our deaths, if at all.

Reactions: X
No.

No way it will ever happen.

Given what is obviously believed to have been what happened in his life, Benoit will never enter the WWE's Hall of Fame and truly doubtfully in any other mainstream HOF. The situation was too big, it overshadows his entire amazing career.

In 1985 O.J. Simpson was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Had he not been inducted prior to 1995 do you think he still would have been inducted? No way, and he was acquitted of the charges.

People just don't forgive murder very easily, whether proven or not. The public's perception is everything; if people think of Chris Benoit and murder synonymously then that's that and the fact that he's dead means there's no one to try to defend him. People don't forget trauma; they never do. This will be remembered forever just as Owen Hart's death will be remembered.

The only way Chris Benoit will ever get into a hall of fame would be if there was some catastrophic event that killed every adult and just happened to destroy every bit of the record of this event (meaning all the newsfootage, pictures, websites, magazines, etc.) and all that remained was his WWE DVD but seeing as that is just about impossible I'll stick with no, he will not.

No way...not ever. I did however think it was funny to see the night after he died. To see all the wrestlers crying and talking about how much of a family man he was. How he loved his wife and son. Then the next day it was announced he murdered them...lolOpen foot insert mouth. I guess he was called the crippler and the rabid wolverine for a good reason. He was a good wrestler but never will be in the HOF. You cannot murdered your wife and son and make it in. You can however beat your wife if your one of the companies biggest drawing superstars (Stone-Cold).

Everyone's saying "not in a million years". Well I know it has nothing to do with Benoit's situation...but we all said Bret Hart will NEVER return, "not in a million years" will Bret Hart return. But he did. I don't know why, but I never was a fan of Benoit's, but you have to admit, he was one hell of a wrestler, and he loved the business. Many of you might disagree with me...but next year's Wrestlemania is in Atlanta right?...so why not induct Benoit...

It's absolutely insane how ignorant all of you are being. Tests were conducted on Benoit's brain by Julian Bailes, the head of neurosurgery at West Virginia University, and results showed that "Benoit's brain was so severely damaged it resembled the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient." Wrestling destroyed Benoit's mind and you people calling him a coward and a heartless murderer are either really sick individuals, don't believe in medical science, or are too lazy to look anything up before you start spouting your half-witted vitriol (how does murder and suicide make someone a coward anyway? You can't throw a word around that has no practical application to the matter).

It was a tragic event, and the peak of irony since it was Benoit's full devotion to professional wrestling that ultimately destroyed him in such a way that he will never get any credit for what he accomplished. Should he go into the HOF, sure, but it wouldn't be for a long time down the road when people are more comfortable with the facts of the tragedy and appreciating him on his career, not his personal life. Even then, with fans like WWE has, that might never happen until after our deaths, if at all.
Let me stop

He might of Been in no mind to, absolutly screwed up in his head and everything, it does not make it ok to kill your child and wife, Nothing ever will, Throw out all the excuses it doesnt change the fact he took 2 lives,

Everyone is responcible for his actions, No matter what state of mind he was, IF i was blind drunk and someone pissed me off, and i punched him, that doesnt mean i can immediatly shed any responcibility of what i did.

He definatly deserves to be in on pure wrestling ability and what he achieved in the ring (Im a huge fan of Him) Put Purely of his actions he assured himself of Never being inducted into the hall of fame,

If Hulk Hogan went and killed his wife and children You bet your ass he wouldnt be such a highly respected (To some people) anymore, and He certainly wouldnt of been in the Hall of Fame,

Benoits Actions at the end of his life Was inexcusable, Im sure brain damaged alzheimers patients dont go out killing people

To be honest with you as a fellow canadian, guys like Bret Hart and Chris Benoit were unbelivable in the ring. The Tech skills were crazy. Just look at the match that Angle and Benoit had at the Royal Rumble. Look at that match Bret Hart and Benoit had in WCW (tribute to owen match). I honestly feel that Benoit should be inducted into the Hall of Fame. However we all know that Vince McMahon wont allow WWE to become affiliated with Benoit, due to the actions that i truly dont want to remember him for. I mean if VInce McMahon is going to remove his name from the record books and off of the website or anything else for that matter. We will probably never see Benoit inducted into the hall of fame. However we never thought Bret and Vince McMahon would ever come to terms again, and look they made a book. We never thought we see Bret Hart on RAW again and look here is building up one last storyline with Vince McMahon for WM26. All i am saying is we can never count out the possibility of Chris Benoit not being in the HOF. It just may take a long time before WWE and Vince McMahon may ever concider putting him there.

R.I.P Chris Benoit

Mark

what happened with Chris Benoit is a tragedy, the guys brain looked like a alhzheimer's pateint and obviously was so mentally deranged due to phyiscal injurys he was no longer in our relam of sanity. He went physco, murdered his wife and son, who according to people close he cared about deeply. They guy went NUTS, and when he came too and realized what happened he couldn't live with it, and I can think of very few people who in his positon would want to , or try to live on with that on there hands.

What happened is a tragedy, in the worst possible way, and three people lost there lives due to it. Things that terrible though, and that tragic cover up every other thing that your life meant. I would like to think benoit made one of the biggest mistakes any person can make, I want to think that due to his physical injurys he was not in control of himself wehn that happened, and obviously he wasn't without any sense of right and wrong, or he would never of killed himself after it.

You can't blame the WWE for distancing themselves from this guy though, the fact is you cannot put a guy who commited a greusome double murder into what is considered the biggest honor you can attribute to someone in the buisness. No matter how good of an employee he is no company can take that kind of publicity hit, especially when you are in the buisness of entertaining.

As others have said, I seriously doubt that Chris Benoit will be inducted in the future, no matter how much wrestling talent he had.

After what he did, WWE would never want to mention his name again, to avoid further pursuit and heat from the media and fans.

lol, you really are insane. You have mental issues. I guess you would like to see Hitler receive some awards or be named man of the year because he was a good leader right? Forget the millions of people he had killed, because he really ran his country well and was well on his way to taking over all of Europe. We should just look past the bad that he did, correct? You are crazy. Seriously, I think you should be examined by a professional. Oh, and the guy who also doesn't care what Michael Vick does in his free time. Chris Benoit killed his family and himself, but he did one hell of a head butt off of the top rope! WTF?!

Apples to oranges. There was concrete proof that Hitler committed the atrocities, and I haven't seen any yet that says it was Benoit and only Benoit. That investigation was over way too quickly. Michael Vick is, in my opinion, merely guilty of not keeping a close enough eye on his assets and estate; it doesn't mean that he was a bad football player. And as far as my mental state, it's very clear thank you very much. The headbutt made him famous in WWE and the latter days of WCW, but what stands out for me is his sheer athletic ability as well as the genuine intensity brought to the ring that you rarely see anymore. We've all done something stupid and senseless in our lives, it's just that the mistakes of famous people tend to be huger. Vince probably doesn't see it as such but the HoF is MEANT for the best of the best IN THE WRESTLING INDUSTRY. Even YOU, wrestlingxp, cannot deny that Chris Benoit was one of the best wrestlers ever and will remain as one of the best ever no matter his personal life. Therefore, I stand behind what I believe: Benoit NOT being inducted would be a bigger black eye on the wrestling industry than him being inducted.

Perhaps maybe a mod would like to close this thread seeing as it's turning mainly into a Benoit-bashing session instead of addressing Benoit the wrestler?

As much as i will like for Chris to get inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame,Honestly i dont think that will happend.Yeah Chris was in some awesome Feuds with MVP,Randy Orton, ect.But what he did wasnt right to murder his family and then to commit suicide that wasnt the right thing to do,But hey it happend.The reason why he would never be in the Hall Of Fame is because of that,How will the WWE have wrestler that did that to his own family and to his own self.

Absolutely not, not in a million years. After what he did, and the backlash that the WWE would ever face if they even considered it, not to mention that they never would even consider it in the first place, it will never, ever happen.

It doesn't matter whether it's been proven definitively or not. For those of you naive enough to think that maybe he didn't do it because it hasn't been "proven," give your head a shake. Of course he did it, and even the likelihood that he may have done it is enough to keep him out of the Hall of Fame.

Suggesting he had severe brain damage, either from steroids or repeated trauma, and wasn't responsible for his actions may be accurate (although I don't believe this to be accurate myself), but it's irrelevant. The fact that he did it, whether he was responsible for it or not, is again irrelevant.

Comparing Bret Hart's return to the WWE, which supposedly would never happen in a million years, to Benoit's induction never happening in a million years, is just stupid. It's not the same thing at all, so why make such a silly statement?

Look at what Vince has done to attempt to improve the WWE's image in the main stream media. PG rating, lack of blood, drug policies which I believe to be more legitimate than many believe, as well as distancing itself from Benoit almost entirely, like he never existed, all things Vince has done to improve the WWE's perception by non-wrestling fans. He's not going to take a major step backwards by inducting a man who murdered his wife and son in their prestigious Hall of Fame.

At most, the name Chris Benoit may eventually creep back into the history books of the WWE. They may stop avoiding his name altogether, or avoiding any footage of him whatsoever, but forget a Hall of Fame appearance. I'm an avid Canadian longtime WWF/WWE fan, and I personally would stop watching if the WWE ever even considered such a move.

It makes me sick what Chris Benoit did to his family and to himself heck he wasnt even my favourate wrestler actually i thought he was quite boring but what WWE is doing is alomost as worse as what he did...they are not even egknoldging his existence which i do not agree with...this just proves if vince wants to remove all history of a wrestler he will do whatever he can to make the fans forget about him...he dedicated his life to wrestling and put so much effort into wrestling WWE should not close the door on him...the younger fans dont even know some of the great fueds his been with...

No, But HELL NO.

What he did will forever tarnish his reputation. My former Platoon Sgt used to tell us "It takes 1000 atta'boys to get a good guy award, but it only takes 1 AWW SHIT! to screw it all up.

WWE seperated itself as much as possible from Benoit. If They induct him then ALL of that negative press that they are trying to stay away from will come back in their face and the company will get shit on to no end.

Just Joe has a better chance of making the HOF

While his career makes him easily worth of the Hall of fame, I doubt they will. The way he passed is just to much of a stain for the company. Many would see it as rewarding a murderer

At one point in my life I may have been one of the biggest Benoit marks in the world.
I remember in the late 90's telling all the kids on AOL (haha) he should be the WCW world champion. Then the night came when he won the belt and threw it in the trash. I was like fuck yeah Benoit showed them hes going to WWF and will be their next champ. Then The Radicals showed up on WWF tv, I thought only a matter of time now. Anyway I thought Benoit was all that and a bag of chips you could say, but......then he did the most fucking heinous, disgusting thing any human could do. HE KILLED A CHILD!!!!! Do people not fucking get that through their heads? Even the most hardcore street thugs have the simple rule you don't fucking kill kids. Period nothing needs to be said about it.
If he wanted to kill his wife fine. If he wanted to kill himself fine. Killing a kid makes you worse than shit, words don't even give justice to the scum that you become.
I don't want to hear no one say anything about his brain damage that's obvious if you hurt kids your brain has to be fucked. The roids aren't a good excuses either. Do you see HHH, Hogan, Schwarzenegger, or even Lex Lugger killing kids?

So despite the way I used to mark out for the man and what ever he did for the sport my answer is not only a no but HELL NO. Child killers belong in hell not the HOF.

If Benoit ever made it into the HOF it would be a damn shame. To the people saying he was one the greatest yeah he really was but the way he left this world was as a murderer! He killed his wife and child which is such an unforgivable offense why would you want to reward his legacy? And for some of the people still thinking their isn't enough evidence Charles Manson is technically in jail for life when there is no proof HE himself killed anyone.

Like Vince McMahon's theme song would go... NO CHANCE IN HELL!! would Chris Benoit ever get inducted into the Hall of Fame. The most obvious answer being the latest impression, which was the murder of his wife and son, then killing himself, so ask yourself if you were running a multi-billion dollar corporation, would you want one of the main faces of the history of your organization to be a murderer? I wouldn't either. plus the steroid use, obviously without a doubt even though there is usage for sure in WWE, you do not want a man who did what he did because of roid-rage to be inducted either. It's a pure business decision, and Vince is smart about this. Sure Chris Benoit, is one of the greatest technical wrestlers of all-time, a good case for that. But Actions outside of wrestling speak louder than wrestling itself sometimes. (other than Steve Austin) anyways that's my 2 cents on this topic.

There's no way a child-killing murderer should be in any sort of HOF. "Hall of Shame", perhaps. But I think the WWE is right to attempt to delete his existence and their association with him from their company's annals and I see no reason nor need to induct a man who killed his son with his bare hands into the company's HOF.

To hell with Chris Benoit, the murdering scumbag.

Will Chris Benoit ever be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame? Does he deserve it? Will his career forever be buried and overshadowed by his last terrible act in life?

NO! Nor should he be. Chris Benoit's sick act on his last days on this earth will always, and SHOULD always overshadow the career he had in the ring. Wrestling is fake. What he did was methodical, plodding, and just heartless.

It pains me to say that, too - being a (former) huge Benoit fan. But Vince is giving him the proper treatment now, acting like he never existed.

Put REAL deserving folks in the HOF; Sammartino, Savage, Warrior. Benoit? No thanks. I hope he NEVER gets in. Time does heal old wounds, but he's a scum bag and doesn't deserve to be enshrined for anything.

He's not even looked at by the wwe as ever existing. His name is out of all the match history, and his name is never spoken of. Hell, Triple H has done the crossface and they act like he's the first one to ever do it. here's what would have to happen first:

All walmarts world wide will shut down.

All fast food resturants will sell only healthy food.

Sting will wrestle for WWE.

Vikings will win a superbowl.

Then maybe chris beniot will be inducted into the HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back