Should Chris Benoit be inducted into the hall of fame?

Should Chris Benoit Be in the HOF?

• Yes, he is a great wrestler and should be based only on that!

• NO! The HOF is for people to be idolized, after what he did, benoit should be banned forever!

• Yes, but quietly in a few years

Results are only viewable after voting.
I

Insanity_X

While this could be posted in the hall of fame 2008 thread i think that this merits its own thread because it is specifically for discussion of whether or not Benoit should be inducted in to the hall of fame. if i have posted this thread in error then i appologise.

personally do you think Chris should be inducted to the hall of fame in 2008 (or at all for that matter) in light of what he has done? in my opinion he should be, because despite his actions he was a damn fine wrestler and you just cant ignore that. while the WWE is (quite rightly) removing benoit merchendice from thier site I dont think that they can avoid putting him in the hall of fame eventually. he was, the best worker of his generation, and one of the all time greats. you cant ignore that.

Realisticly i dont think that benoit will go in this year. but I do feel that he will eventually be inducted, in spite of the controversy surrounding his death.

no doubt about it he should you go in there for your work in WWE not outside i know hes down for murder but beein put in the hall of fame is for how you was in the ring he helped alot of people and got the best matches out of near enough everyone he was one of the best if not the best wrestlier of his kind i just wish all this wasnt going around for his death if they do induct him do it in a couple of years not 2008
Like i said its just a dam shame he had to go like this by taking his own life after taking his wifes and childs
R.I.P you will be missed in WWE not so much as Christopher Michael Benoit

jonny why dont you think he should (i'm saying this because as soon a a mod decides to read this thread you will get a warning of spamming)

Im not really sure, on one hand he was an amazing wrestler, one of the bests, no doubt. On the other the public image of benoit is not a wrestler, but a murderer. I think he should be inducted, but i know WWE wont induct him because of the media attention this has gotten. And i understand that, but how would you feel if you worked at WWe and news reports said that you inducting a murderer in the HoF. So yeah, i think he should get in, but they wont let it happen.

No he should not be entered in the hall of fame, Despite the fact he was a brilliant wrestler and i know we dont the full details or his mental state but he killed his wife and child.You cannot say he was a great wrestler and lets honor him when you know what he has done.

My personal opinion on this is that they leave it for quite a few Years if he is found to have killed them and there is no actual other possibilities still out there, which there still are from the weirdness of the whole event, there are infinate amounts of Grey in this event. But they will Induct Benoit but it will be done on the quiet side, until this event occured you were all saying that he was a Hall of Famer, this event does not reduce the skill or hard work that he put into the Wrestling Industry in his 22 year Career. And TonyMc you can say he was a great Wrestler, because that is what he was a great Wrestler. While he may have killed his family that is seperate from Wrestling. but putting Benoit in in a Decade or so on the quiet would be just as Important to the fans of his that feel that on his contribution to the Wrestling Industry alone should get him into the Hall of Fame. Look at American Football, OJ Simpson is in the NFL Hall of Fame and he killed his wife apparently so you can have controversial personal lives and still be in the Hall.

He should get into the HOF evntually but definatly not this year. His image right now is way to bad to put him in this year. Eventually he should be inducted into the HOF because of what he did in the ring. He was one of the greatest technical wrestlers and should still be recognized for that. Right now though it's way to early to do that and would just look bad to induct him in 08. In maybe a few years I think then they could induct him.

But the real question is would they induct him. They might never put him in to preserve their image. They don't want to induct and honor someone that is a murderer and people won't want to see in there. And for awhile no one is going to want to see him in there. They'd have to wait a long time and even then there would still be some backlash.

I think if they waited until maybe 2013 then they could induct him without much controversy but right now would just be a bad idea. But he does deserve to get inducted eventually for his in ring talent but they have to wait a few years.

Chris Beniot the Wrestler Deserves to still be in the HOF the account of what happened should make them think about when to put him in if at all. I for one hope they put him in but before they put Chris in the HOF they should put someone else in the Baseball Hall of Fame and pave the way for a pressidet.(sp?)

If u look at the what the wwe has done in the last day. Pulling his profile and pics removing his merchindice and pulling his matches from the wwe dvds. Its clear that the wwe is rubbing there hands clean of Benoit ever being in the wwe. I dont think it will ever be conciderd to put Benoit in the hall of fame. Even though he is on of the best wrestlers to ever be in the ring.I hate to say he will always be known as the wrestler that took the life of his wife and son.

He may have done what he did but in the wrestling world he was one of the best ever and gave us so many moments. He had some classic moments in WCW / WWE & ECW.

What he did on the side and why was down to him but in the ring will forever go down as one of the best in history.

To me a hall of famer in any sport or anything is a person that you can look at and say "i want to be just like that person"

Now would any of you want to be like Chris Benoit....show of hands......no....yeah thats what i thought

Absolutely not. Not in 2008. Not ever.

Personally I don't think the name Chris Benoit should ever be spoken in the WWE ever again in any context. All video/DVD's should be archived/buried if not burned. All merchandise and memorabilia should be discarded and never available again. WWE should distance itself from Benoit 100%.

The HOF is for people to be idolized. Who can idolize Chris Benoit after what he's done? Smothered his 7 year old son, strangled his wife, then stuck around a while before committing suicide. He should never be considered to be a candidate for the HOF, and if WWE ever suggests it, people should boycott the event and WWE entirely.

Now of course, as all of you conspiracy theorists believe, the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny is going to turn out to be the culprit and exonerate Benoit. If this happens, Benoit should receive a formal apology and then definitely he would deserve consideration for the HOF, as up to a few days ago, this would have been a mere formality. But as any logical person posting here realizes, this will never happen; the police have the correct culprit. And as such, of course he does not ever belong in the HOF.

NO! It will be rewarding him for the thing he did, as soon as he killed his family he should be barred from the HOF forever and Vince should NEVER make reference to him again on any level. I don't care what he did in the ring, he did one of the worst things you can ever do outside it and we as a society should never reward such behavior and he should be banned forever for what he did. If the WWE did something so disgusting as to induct him I would never watch them again. He is a killer and unless proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he didn't, he should be banned forever.

Hall of fame should be based on his wrestling skills not what he did outside the ring but because everyone knows about it he may never make it to the hall of fame which is a dam shame.

They Need To Put Chris Into The Hall Of Fame!!! He Was A Great Athelete,a Great Competitor And Nobody And Nothing Can Ever Take That Away!

He had some of the best matches I had ever saw in wrestling and some of the best feuds ever. It would only be right to place him into the hall of fame. If he never made it then it would be one big joke if you ask me. Eddie went in not long ago but I would have never thought only just under two years later Benoit would have died.

Chris Benoit was one of the best. No doubt about it. But you are put in the HOF because of you legacy to the business. And like it or not what he did gave the whole industry a black eye. Look at how it's being reported. So there is no way he should be put in. What he did in side the ring was awe inspiring, but what he did out side the ring also had it's effect on wrestling as a whole. And what he did out side far out shadows what he did in.

RIP Nancy and Daniel

Honestly, I'm having a tough time with this. Chris Benoit the wrestler, easily in the hall of fame without question. Chris Benoit the person, not in the hall of fame.

I still think the jury is out on how much we should be judging Benoit at this moment. The saddest thing in this world, and it's a sad comment about society, is how easily we dismiss people with mental illness. We think that if there is nothing physically wrong with a person, then they are okay. While what Benoit did is disheartening, disgraceful, and all in all horrible, whose to say what state of mind he was in. If he had a legit mental health problem, my opinion only, people should cut him a fucking break.

The big thing right now, WWE has washed their hands of Chris Benoit. There will be no push by the WWE to get him in. I'm sure his friends will have opinions on it, and push for him, but he won't get in. The WWE is too busy trying to have a good public image.

I really think it should be up to Chris Benoit's two surviving children. When they reach an appropriate age, and say they are 40 or so, contact Shane McMahon and say, we've come to terms with what our father did, it's time to recognize the 22 years of work he put in, not the 72 hours he did to undo that. Then and only then the WWE should induct Benoit into the Hall of Fame. Granted Benoit's first two children were not Nancy's, but if his children could ultimately forgive him, who are we to judge.

There are just as many scumbags in other hall of fames as well. Babe Ruth, Drunk, womanizer.
Ty Cobb- Racist piece of Shit
OJ Simpson - Non Convicted murderer.
Shoeless Joe- Finally got in after being out for nearly a century for throwing the world series.

Chris Benoit did zero in his wrestling career to hurt the sport of Wrestling. His work ethic is top notch.

I agree that a Hall of Fame should have moral consideration as well, and for that Chris Benoit shouldn't get in.

It's a tough issue. Can people seriously separate Benoit the Wrestler from Benoit the man. Was the kind Backstage Benoit the Character or was the man actually the Rabid Wolverine?

I can't decide, and like I said, I think his children should be the one that ultimately decide whether he is in or not. If they ever bring the issue up, then that's when you consider it. If they never say a thing about him, well Benoit should never get in. Of all the stuff that has gone on, the two biggest people are Benoits surviving children that everyone needs to worry about. I think he has two surviving children, I could be wrong.

No!..How can you still admire a man who murdered his family. He was a great athlete, no doubt about it but he should never ever go into the hof.

Another problem with putting Benoit in the HOF is think about the young fans now and the kids that are yet to be wrestling fans. Even though people like us that had the honor to see Benoit wrestle and know how big of part he has played to the sport. Think ten years fom now when you ask one of those fans who was Austin they will say that is the hall of famer that changed wrestling in the late 90s. Who was Shawn Michaels. Thats the hall of famer that came back from all odds and made it back to the main event in the mid 2000s. Who is Chris Benoit. Thats the hall of famer that killed his wife and son. I know it sucks but this is how Benoit will be known to fans ten years from now and beyond no matter how great he was.Perfect example its been about 10 years since OJ Simpson trial i bet just a hand full could tell u how many tds simpson scored in his career. But i bet everyone can tell u what kind of car he was in when he tried to escape from the cops.

I would love to see Chris Benoit in the HOF for his wrestling, but I would hate to see him in if he did what it looks like he did. I'm a huge Benoit fan, and I'm still in denial, and I would love to see Benoit inducted. But like it has been said before, WWE is washing their hands of him, and I can't say I blame them. Up until three days ago, I respected Chris Benoit as much as any other person, and if we were asking if he should be inducted three days ago, every single one of you would have said yes. But as much as this sucks, I cannot see the WWE inducting Chris Benoit into the Hall of Fame, ever. I want to see it, but I won't.

Benoit deservest o be in the HOF. the HOF as stated before is to recognize in-ring skill not outside the ring activities. He should go in but not right away due to all this murder-suicide talk. Though if he does go in this year I say that they make sure they state that Chris Benoit the wrestling character is going in not Chris Benoit the person.

Again if it does get proven that he didn't do it than he and his whole family deserve a formal appology from the WWE and he would go in the HOF in 2008.

For the 40 years of his life Chris Benoit was a great, well kept, polite, respected man. It is believed that his son had Fragile X Syndrome which can cause mental ******ation. It is also believed that Benoit has recently been deeply depressed and saw "no light at the end of the tunnel". When parents kill their children they usually do it by smothering them because they believe that it is the least painful way for their child to go and because of his son's disorder it put Alot of stress on Benoit and his wife which probably didn't help his depression. Because of all these factors (some of them common in depressed parents and murder-suicides) it is believed that because of Benoits deeply saddened state of mind he believed life wasn't worth living for himself or his family and he killed his son so he could be with his mom and because he didn't want his son to be parent-less and live a sad depressed life with no parents whilst having a disorder that caused mental ******ation. Therefor, i believe that Benoit should be remembered for the great man he was during the 40 years of his life and the incredible athlete and performer he was not the potential mistake he made caused by depression.

Before people jump all over him for being this and that and no respect blah blah blah. You people should ALL educate yourselves. What he went through must have been very very tough depressed peoples minds think differently. Also for his whole life other then the last few days, he was a well-respected well kept, solid straight forward guy and that is something to respect. So please, please research and actually educate urselves before u go all ape shit.

Having said all that, i think based on his talent alone he should be in the HOF some-day.

Benoit OUT. No doubt.

The WWE Hall of Fame is a respectable program, a chance for fans to reconnect with some greats. But if Chris Benoit is in the hall, all of that respectability goes out the window. PR nightmare, insult to fans across the world. He should be forgotten / ignored. If fans want to look back on his career with a smile, buy a damn DVD on ebay.

yea guys imagine IF he did go in the HoF, what kind of example he would set for children, how would they induct him, would they mention his death and theories on what he did to his family.? (yes, theories). Would the fans boo Benoit, if they did, what an awkward posistion for WWE. I for one think he should go in the HoF, but my question is how would they do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back