Should Chris Benoit be inducted into the hall of fame?

Should Chris Benoit Be in the HOF?

• Yes, he is a great wrestler and should be based only on that!

• NO! The HOF is for people to be idolized, after what he did, benoit should be banned forever!

• Yes, but quietly in a few years

Results are only viewable after voting.
As hard this is for me to say, no! Why not? I really want to see him in the Hall of Fame. He cared about US [the fans]. He gave it his all for US [the fans]. He gave it his all for the WWE. But personally it breaks my heart that he literally killed his reputation, his legacy and overall image to the public which his move. His move did not only break the hearts close to him but all the people that looked up to him and literally said they want to grow up and be like him. Drugged or not, he did what he did and he made a poor choice that destroyed everything and it breaks my heart to look away from him for what he did.

It's worse due to his son having Fragile Syndrome X which means Daniel needed more loving & care, even if it meant Benoit had to retire and put his son before wrestling (which according to what's being said, he put wrestling over his son for quite some time). It also is heart breaking to hear the kid having action figures of his dad and would smile while running in the home with a Jakks WWE belt saying he beat his dad to become the champ. He idolized his father and his idol did this to someone that was MORE THAN just a fan.

The Hall of Fame is for wrestlers who have greatly contributed to wrestling. So ask yourself, did Benoit contribute to wrestling? If you say no then your a fool, the Hall of Fame isn't based on your personal life, it's based on your contributions to wrestling. I think Benoit should be inducted.

Chris Benoit the wrestler should be inducted into the hof. The classics with eddie, angle, bret hart, jericho and booker t is why he should be inducted. Chris Benoit the person should never be associated with the wwe ever again. Selfishness will never get you in the hof, hell look at randy savage. If the WWE wants to handle this with class......induct Nancy Benoit(Woman) and her son. Now that would be a class act:raven:

No. It's an honor to be inducted into the HOF. Why should he be given that honor? He shouldn't. He may well have been a great wrestler. But that has been eclipsed by what he did this week. Imagine the negative press WWE will get if they induct him. As for inducting him quietly. What? Will he just show up on WWE.com's HOF roster page one day.

If he hadn't done what he did then he would be a star candidate. Much like Bret Hart & Hogan heve been. But Hart nor Hogan have never done something so horrible.

Hey maybe we should have a murderers Hall Of Fame.

''In 2012 Fox News invites you to be a part of the most politically incorect show of all time. The Murderers Hall Of Fame. Inductees include: Ted Bundy, Ed Gein, Chris Benoit and many more.''

He may not have killed as many people as a serial killer. But there's one difference. The serial killers who I mentioned weren't celebrities. This is the closest there will ever be to a murderous celebrity. And there is no way he should be ever inducted into the HOF.

I think he should based on all of his contributions as a wrestler. Outside of what happened with his family, he should be honored for his in-ring worl. If OJ Simpson can go in the hall of fame, so can Benoit.

The difference between O.J. & Benoit is that O.J. was found innocent. Wheather he did it is not to be judged. He was found innocent. Benoit on the other hand killed himself after he comitted those murders. Now who's to say that Benoit might not have got off if he had chosen to not kill himself. We'll never know. But you cant compare the two cases.

No he should'nt be inducted in the Hall of fame.

I think this should and does apply to other sports too.

Now matter how great a person was during his career.

He should never go into the hall of fame if he commited a sickening crime like murder.

No Chris Benoit should never be inducted into the HOF, what he did was a sick and horrible act even tho we can't be 100% sure he did it the evidence points to him. And like it's been said before in any sport or form of entertainment should a person be given an honor like that if he commited a serious crime, WWE has no intent in mentioning Benoits wrestling legacy ever again except for in the title history pages of wwe.com so it's pretty obvious that he won't be inducted. He was great at what he did and we shouldn't take that away from him but if we give him the HOF then that's just glorifying a murderer and no one should ever do that. I know it's hard for a lot people to say it but Chris Benoit is a horrible person just because of what he did.

Chris Benoit the wrestler should be inducted into the hof. The classics with eddie, angle, bret hart, jericho and booker t is why he should be inducted. Chris Benoit the person should never be associated with the wwe ever again. Selfishness will never get you in the hof, hell look at randy savage. If the WWE wants to handle this with class......induct Nancy Benoit(Woman) and her son. Now that would be a class act"

Inducting Women is something that WWE might do but I dought it, and why induct his son? He never did anything for the buisness, it's horrible that he was taken away at such a young age but it's a wrestling HOF and he never wrestled.

^ That is absolutely despicable. If I were still a mod I'd ban you for that. Unbelievable. You can't sit here and pretend like Chris Benoit isn't a hall of famer, he's arguably the greatest wrestler in the history of mankind. Seriously, what is your problem that you'd have to reply with a snide and disgusting comment like that?

No, Absolutely not, I will stop watching wrestling the day that Chris Benoit is put into the Hall Of Fame. The Hall is not just about what is done in the ring, Like Jake said it's an honor to be inducted to the Hall and Chris Benoit doesn't deserve that honor, murder is wrong in any case but to kill a child is just down right absurd, the WWE will not honor a killer.

If your going to put Chris Benoit into the Hall of Fame then you might as well put Pete Rose in the baseball Hall of fame, while your at it put O.J. Simpson in the football Hall of Fame

his legacy will always be "the wrestler who killed his wife and kid" so a HUGE NO I admit it, Benoit was my fav wrestler, which is probably why Im so annoyed at the situation. Things could of course change but as they stand, no, I dont want Benoit in with names such as Piper, Andre, Hogan, Hart and Co ... there are people in the HOF who werent moral humans but Benoit = huge no for me ... no matter how hard u push his wrestling achievements, his legacy will be the fore mentioned

OJ is in the pro football hall of fame, has been since 1985.

its sickening and he definately shouldnt be put into the hall of fame it saddens me that he did this [ also oj wasnt found innocent he was found not guilty] he shouldnt be inducted

WWE needs to keep it's Hall Of Fame honorable. The WWE Hall of Fame is actually taken seriously by SOME mainstream sports journalists like Michael Wilbon from PTI. If WWE inducts Benoit, forget it, the whole thing would be made out to be a farce. Also, think of how many wrestlers might refuse the induction down the line because Benoit is in there.

People can say that "he did this for wrestling...he did that for wrestling", but in the real world outside of the entertainment, this is a cynical and media run world.
Putting him ( i wont say his name) in the HOF will do nothing, he will allways be remembered as the sick family killing madman.
So no he shouldnt be remembered, he should be forgotten...this world still turns, it still moves on and the sooner he is forgotten the better.
You take a 7 year olds life...that is all you should be remembered for in my opinion.

Why wouldnt he be put in. He deserves it. ITs not about personal life. Its about wrestling. Thats the name of the game and thats what Benoit did better than a lot of his peers. Besides we shouldnt judge. maybe he suffered from something. Remember a couple weeks ago on HBO Real Sports, Chris Nowitski was on there talking about how later in life football players and wrestlers suffer from concussions later in life in they suffer from depression and want to kill themselves. Maybe he had that condition. Just something to ponder.

Why wouldnt he be put in. He deserves it. ITs not about personal life. Its about wrestling. Thats the name of the game and thats what Benoit did better than a lot of his peers.

WWE is a media covered company.......putting him in the HOF advertises someone who will allways be associated with the murder of his family.
The WWE cannot and i repeat cannot afford to promote because of what he did.
Public relations suicide.
The man deserves nothing but to be forgotten.

I think the only way this happens is way down the road maybe 10 years at least but with it WWE would have to give this big old speech about how it's Benoit the wrestler and not the man that slaughtered his family that there inducting. It's a very long shot but I personally I think he shouldn't be.

No disrespect to you,guy. But seeing has how OJ wasn't in trouble with the law until 1994,I don't see why you even brought this up.
my post saying that OJ is in the football hall of fame is in responce to a guy who said that OJ Simpson isnt in the professional football hall of fame. I was merely correcting the person in error.

I think Benoit should be honored for what he did in the ring. The hall of fame is more for the in ring career of the wrestler. Benoit made a very bad decision, but that should not keep hin out. I do agree that he should not be inducted in 2008 though. I think they should wait for a few years when things have calmed down.

While I agree that it would be a terrible move for WWE to induct him, it also defies logic for you guys to pretend that he doesn't deserve it. This is a WRESTLING hall of fame, nothing else. I understand it'll never happen, but in a just world, he would be inducted into a hall of fame for his contributions to WRESTLING. People say it's an honor and Benoit doesn't deserve that honor...he doesn't? He spent 30 years of his life busting his ass off and providing the world with some of the greatest wrestling, ever. That deserves to be honored. No one is honoring him for his murders. This is the same(to a much lesser extent obviously) as I feel about Pete Rose. The man is the all time leader in hits and aside from Ted Williams is easily the greatest hitter to ever grace the sport of baseball, but he's kept out because he freakin' gambled on his team a few times? Ridiculious, Babe Ruth himself admitted to gambling on one of his games, yet he's still in the HOF. Obviously Rose didn't kill anyone, but its the same scenario to a much lesser extent.

Benoit will never be inducted unfortunately. He deserves that honor. What he did to his wife and child are despicable and he should forever be ostracized for doing it, but to ignore his contributions to wrestling is mind-baffling. The man deserves it, but he'll never get it.

how are they going to induct him if they are acting like he never exsisted? They have taken down all recollection of him, stopped his dvds, and romved all his stuff from the store..i would love to see him in the HOF but i dont see how the WWE is going to pull it off

In NO way, shape, or form should Chris Benoit be inducted into the Hall of Fame until Owen Hart, Bam Bam Bigelow, Brusier Brody, David Von Erich, and Kerry Von Erich are.
1. Owen dies while performing a stunt for Vince
2. Bam Bam died from an overdose as a result of depression after saving three childrens lives from a fire and getting over 60% of his body burned.
3. Brusier brody was stabbed in Puerto Rico by another wrestler in the locker room and left to die.
4. David von Erich died from an intestinal disease while wrestling in Japan.
5. Kerry Von Erich wrestled with a prostetic foot during his WWF/E career.

Owen Hart in '08

Reactions: X
Benoit Murdered his wife and his 8 year old son. The WWE would never survive the P.R. nightmare that would come with this. Who would possible want the job of putting him into the hall of fame.

The boy was 8 and strangled by his father.

The WWE would not recover from that. Vince likes press but not that kind of press

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back