UFC 104 Live Discussion

Except...Rampage was limping and noticeably favoring the leg. Lyoto was not.
Lyoto almost dropped from the Leg kick he he got in his shin area. He was winded, which would be the result of the rib cage damage he took from Shogun.
I counted 13 blows in that first one, while Shogun got 1.
And how many of those were grazes or barely landed? I'll keep an eye out for them, but since they didn't do any damage, it doesn't count for effective striking. So it doesn't change anything.
He did, but Lyoto was fine. Again, I did say it should have been split decision.
A split decision for Shogun. Just because Lyoto landed more punches that did nothing that gets him a win? I never knew punches were valued more then kicks, news to me.
You sound like Rogan. Lyoto was checking almost all leg kicks, and blocked quite a few of the body kicks.
He moved out of the way of a few, but if he actually was blocking kicks, his rib cage and thighs wouldn't be red with welts.
Shogun had a knot in his back, and his ribs were read for a duration too.
Red for maybe the first two rounds, by the time the fight ended it can barely be seen. While Lyoto's damage can be clearly seen from afar.
Lyoto, however, was still not showing the hurt.
He couldn't move as fluently, looked winded, and almost got dropped by a shin kick.
I'd give both of them 2 rounds, but 1 was a throw up and I believe Lyoto over all was better in most aspects EXCEPT aggression. The man needs to find the fire inside to be a champion..
Most aspects? How the hell do you give Lyoto effective striking? What effective striking did you see? I didn't see any, which is clearly evident by how Shogun came out looking in the fight. The closest thing would be the knees that Lyoto landed in the first few rounds, which the damage of can barely be seen at the end. While the effective striking Shogun did, actually had results, which is Seen on Lyoto's body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back