UFC 128 LD is The Pinnacle of Jon Jones Ruining Rashad Evans' Life

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
What: UFC 128: Shogun vs. Jones
When: Saturday, March 19th
Airing: 8 p.m. Prelims on Facebook. 9 p.m. EST - Two prelim Spike TV fights. 10 p.m. - Main Card on PPV

[YOUTUBE]4FRGP8hdoWc[/YOUTUBE]
This trailer RULES... might even be better than GSP/Koscheck.

128-new.jpg

YOUR MAIN EVENTS

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-4)

ninja-norris-shogun-ma0704.jpg

VS.

Jon Jones (12-1)

Jj3l3.png

BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT

Urijah Faber (24-4)

HowToEatWithYourButt10.gif

VS.

Eddie Wineland (18-6-1)

slam.gif

THE REST OF THE MAIN CARD

• Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Kamal Shalorus
  • Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Dan Miller
  • Heavyweight bout: Mirko Cro Cop vs. Brendan Schaub

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)

• Lightweight bout: Edson Barboza vs. Anthony Njokuani
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs. Elliot Marshall

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
  • Welterweight bout: Ricardo Almeida vs. Mike Pyle
  • Lightweight bout: Kurt Pellegrino vs. Gleison Tibau

If Jon Jones wins this fight, Rashad Evans will get the title shot regardless, and Rashad stated he would be leaving Greg Jackson's camp. Rashad has been training with Jackson since his UFC career began.

This should be a fun night of fights. Shogun vs. Jones is still way too close to call. Faber vs. Wineland should be spectacular. Jim Miller will continue to fly under the radar despite being a top 5 lightweight, and Nate Marquardt and Mirko Cro Cop could be fighting for their jobs.

Also, Edson Barboza is going to leg kick the bejeezus out of Anthony Njokuani's legs. I can't wait for this card.

LOL... I've never seen that Jones picture before. Classic!

Anyways, this video says everything I feel about tonight's main event:

[youtube]YuC0m0hqMho[/youtube]

Should be great. I still can't pick between Jones and Rua, and that says something considering how big of a Jones fan I am.

I'm having the same problem. I want Jones to win, considering he's from WNY in all, but Shogun is a beast, and I like him as well. I think reality will set in, and I'll be picking Shogun.

Sucks the Faber thong would probably lead to a ban, that should've been his photo for this.

By the way, the promo video for Jones/Shogun is amazing, but I still think Kos/GSP was better.

I suppose your right. It definitely wasn't entertaining if you were a Koscheck fan. But, hey, I can't stand that guy, so it was alright by me.

haha, I am a Kos fan and I enjoyed it. Not from the perspective of him getting his ass destroyed but the build up and the environment the fight took place in was great to witness. GSP just put on a terrific performance.

I definitely feel that this is going to be one of the better cards. I think there will be a lot of finishes on this card and a bunch of back and forth wars on the undercard.

My only "complaint" is that I feel the main card is geared toward certain fighters. I know that anything can happen in MMA, but let's be real, Dana created this card expecting certain fighters to win.

Schaub and Cro Cop? Come on. Wineland and Faber? Come on...I honestly believe that Dana expects Jones to win, too.

I can see that but depending on your perspective some of these fights have upset written all over them. I like CC a lot but Schaub is more then capable of beating him, I believe Faber will win but Wineland is incredibly dangerous, and it has felt like a lot of people have been counting Rua out but he has done a great job of overcoming the odds before and I can definitely see him winning tonight.

It will certainly be an intriguing night of fights.

Oh, I think Schaub is going to win. CC would be the upset.

When you look at these fights, it's clear that a couple of these fighters are "supposed" to be stepping stones. Wineland is there for Faber to get the TUF job and a subsequent title shot at Cruz.

CC is there to help Schaub pad his resume and move up the HW ranks.

Hell, even Jones is a Vegas favorite to win this fight.

I'm not saying that CC, Wineland, and Rua can't or won't win, I'm simply saying that, on paper, these fights have an expected outcome. Dana knows that, too.

At the end of the day, I think people will be a little surprised if Wineland and CC win their fights. They might be rooting for them, but I think it's pretty abundant who's "supposed" to win.

Not arguing any of that at all. I should have been more clear when I was talking about CC. I want him to win but I realize that this is a fight to help move Schaubs career along and make him more of a viable contender.

I just realized if Jones wins the title tonight I can say I've met & talked to the UFC Light Heavyweight Champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back