UFC 148 LD: Cheap Shots vs. Double Leg Shots

Justin, going into this fight, nobody expected to see a huge brawl. Anderson is to technical, Chael is a wrestler. It was going one of two ways, a decision for Chael or a finish for Anderson. This fight was as exciting as it could have been and I couldn't be happier with the result

I didn't see Silva's post-fight as good sportsmanship, I think he was rubbing Sonnen's nose in the result of the fight. Which is great, because Sonnen has acted like a complete assclown.

By the way, has anyone dialed the suicide hotline for Guysenberg yet?

The outrage from the knee is mind blowing. The cesspool known as shitdog and the UG are going fucking crazy over it.

By the way, has anyone dialed the suicide hotline for Guysenberg yet?

I just hope he saw the replay of the knee. There's a chance he threw something at the tv or simply turned it off out of disgust thinking Chael lost because of the knee, which in live time it did look illegal. However, the replay clearly showed that it wasn't.

Speaking of which, MAJOR props to Yves Lavigne for not separating them after that knee. The fight could possibly still be going on if he did.

The outrage from the knee is mind blowing. The cesspool known as shitdog and the UG are going fucking crazy over it.

People are upset Silva landed a legal knee, which really didn't change the fact Silva was already in the process of battering him senseless?

They should be far more upset with how stupid Sonnen looked when he tripped over his own feet.

I wouldn't define the posters on Sherdog and the Underground as "people." More like mindless drones. Venture into the forums at your own risk if you wish to know what I mean.

I chuckled when Chael tripped, he looked like an idiot.

At first I thought the knee was illegal, but no... the replay showed it was to the body.

Anyway, too depressed for words right now, for some reason I'm more gutted over this than the Patriots losing the Super Bowl. Just like the Dan Henderson fight, I can't comprehend why the fuck Chael would decide to kickbox with fucking Anderson Silva. I mean, come on, what the crap was that spinning backfist for?

God, that first round couldn't have gone better and was easily a 10-8 round. I woke the house up yelling "YES" after that first takedown.

I'll accept my name punishment and signature punishment.

Also, I have a really hard time seeing where Chael goes from here. That was a really decisive win for Silva and I can't see him getting another title shot any time soon. At the same time too, he's 35, and although he has the ability to be like a Couture and Henderson and fight in to his 40s, 35 means you're getting long in the tooth in MMA.

Honestly, I think he should make the jump to 205 and make one last run for a title, rather than be the Koscheck of the Middleweight Division, which as of right now, appears to be his destiny. I can't foresee a trilogy here when Silva's won both times.

Anderson bull rushed Chael in the 1st, which is why he was able to get the takedown. In the 2nd he was more cautious and since his ribs weren't broken this time around ( ;) ), Chael wasn't able to get him down so easily and Anderson made it his kind of fight.

Anderson looked absolutely brilliant in that 2nd Round.

And I'll have your sig ready for you by tomorrow or Monday. :)

I want Anderson to retire right now or go up to 205. There's nothing left for him at 185 except for Lombard, who might not even make it to a title shot (and who Anderson would kill anyway). And maybe there's the possible fight with GSP, but there are a lot of contenders at WW right now, so GSP is going to be busy for quite a while.

I say Anderson should vacate the belt and we have a Chael/Lombard fight for the title. If Anderson wants to stick around 185 though, then yeah Guy... Chael should move up to 205 himself.

Anderson bull rushed Chael in the 1st, which is why he was able to get the takedown. In the 2nd he was more cautious and since his ribs weren't broken this time around ( ;) ), Chael wasn't able to get him down so easily and Anderson made it his kind of fight.

Anderson looked absolutely brilliant in that 2nd Round.

And I'll have your sig ready for you by tomorrow or Monday. :)

I disagree with your assessment. Chael wasn't able to get the takedown because he bullrushed Silva, he tried the same thing in the second round and wasn't successful. The difference wasn't with Sonnen's gameplan, it was in Silva's.

In the first round, Silva came out ready to unload bombs and he left himself open for the takedown. In the second, Silva was more cautious, like he normally is, which allowed him to avoid the takedown and keep his distance.

In the first round, Silva came out ready to unload bombs and he left himself open for the takedown. In the second, Silva was more cautious, like he normally is, which allowed him to avoid the takedown and keep his distance.

That's exactly what I meant. I said Anderson bull rushed Chael in the first and that's why Anderson was taken down. I should have just worded it better I guess.

Anderson is the top guy right now. I was pulling for Chael, but Anderson is the man. Also, I really did like the respect the two showed toward each other after the fight.

I want Anderson to retire right now or go up to 205. There's nothing left for him at 185 except for Lombard, who might not even make it to a title shot (and who Anderson would kill anyway). And maybe there's the possible fight with GSP, but there are a lot of contenders at WW right now, so GSP is going to be busy for quite a while.

I say Anderson should vacate the belt and we have a Chael/Lombard fight for the title. If Anderson wants to stick around 185 though, then yeah Guy... Chael should move up to 205 himself.

Yeah, I have a really hard time seeing who's next for Silva as well. Tim Boetsch could very spoil it for Lombard. Guys like Bisping, Belcher, and Stann need 1 or two more wins to be worthy of a shot, and even if Lombard beats Boetsch, let's be serious, most casual fans still won't know who Lombard is. I mean, there's also Jake Shields, but he has to get past Ed Herman, who is surging right now. I guess the best candidate would be Mark Munoz and even then too, I don't see people rushing to buy Silva vs. Munoz.

Silva already said he wouldn't fight Jones.

Figure if Chael goes to LHW, he could fight Rampage, which would sell PPVs easily and be a winnable fight for him. He could be a win away from a title shot at that point when LHW is going to be thirsting for guys who Jones hasn't beaten soon.

That's exactly what I meant. I said Anderson bull rushed Chael in the first and that's why Anderson was taken down. I should have just worded it better I guess.

Ahh, fuck, my bad, I misread what you wrote. What you said was correct, for some reason I switched the names in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back