[YOUTUBE]o99b4H2CKaU[/YOUTUBE]​

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout: Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson
Interim Bantamweight Championship Bout: Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland
Heavyweight Bout: Matt Mitrione vs. Brendan Schaub
Middleweight Bout: Costa Phillipou vs. Francis Carmont
Lightweight Bout: Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

Two title fights tonight!

That fight.... Wow.

I'm not surprised the decision went to Jones, but I was surprised one judge had it 49-46. Thought Gustafsson had at least 2 rounds with relative ease.

Great fight. Holy shit.

I cant help but feel a little like Guffstoffsen got robbed.

I had the fight tied going into the 5th, and I thought Jones won the 5th. VERY close fight though. I wouldn't have been mad at all if Gus got the decision.

Anyways, yes... AWESOME fight. Gus is a flat-out BEAST. I didn't think he stood a chance in this fight and he of course ended up giving Jones all he could handle and more. I'm very, very impressed.

I hope Gus gets an immediate rematch. He deserves one.

I had the fight tied going into the 5th, and I thought Jones won the 5th. VERY close fight though. I wouldn't have been mad at all if Gus got the decision.

Anyways, yes... AWESOME fight. Gus is a flat-out BEAST. I didn't think he stood a chance in this fight and he of course ended up giving Jones all he could handle and more. I'm very, very impressed.

I guess it just felt like the rounds Gus won were MUCH less close than the ones Jones won. Even in the rounds Jones won, Gus was still hitting him with combos and stuffing his takedown attempts.

How fucking EPIC was that back elbow Jones hit on the top of his melon though? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkk

How fucking EPIC was that back elbow Jones hit on the top of his melon though? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkk

Epic indeed, and the reason he won the fight imo. Gus was cruising in the 4th when Jones finally landed that with under a minute left I believe. And Gus wasn't the same after that, which is what gave Jones the 5th so convincingly.

But man, such great heart and chin shown in this fight by both men. For Jones to fight 4 rounds with that cut and not letting it phase him one bit was INCREDIBLE. And for Gus to even survive that elbow and flurry afterward showed how tough that motherfucker is. These two are a major blessing to MMA.

I had it 4-1 for Jones but could see why it people had it even going into the final round. Epic fight and well worth the money.

I also had it tied going into the fifth with Jones doing enough to win the fight in the final round. I really wouldn't say Gus was robbed. I can understand giving him the first three rounds, but it was very close. Hard to choose a flat out definite winner of those three rounds. Fight of the year bar none and maybe the best fight I've ever seen. ANYBODY with ANYTHING bad to say about Jon Jones after a showing like this needs to stop watching MMA. The guy is an absolute monster with a serious chin and heart. The guy is a treat to watch and we are lucky to have him. As for Gus, what can I say? I gave him no chance whatsoever. He showed working with Phil Davis has paid off and looked flat out amazing. I don't think there's another fighter in the world outside maybe mark hunt that could have survived that onslaught and still hang around in the fifth. Epic, epic fight. My hat is fucking on the floor to these two. What a special treat and a special night. Bring on a rematch!

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the fight as well. I don't think Gustafsson got robbed by the judges last night by any means, but I would not have argued it at all had the judges scored the fight 48-47 for him. I definitely do not agree with the 49-46 scorecard though.

I really didn't know what to expect from Gustafsson. A small part of me had always thought that he was a little overrated even though he does have wins over Thiago Silva and Mauricio Rua, but at the same time I didn't think Jones should have been a -900 with the bookies. I expected Jones to win, but I didn't expect him to have to mount a comeback win like he did.

I do hope there's a rematch. If there is, then I want to see Teixeira fight Davis for the number one contender spot instead of having Teixeira sit on the sidelines while he waits for the rematch to take place.

I also had it tied going into the fifth with Jones doing enough to win the fight in the final round. I really wouldn't say Gus was robbed. I can understand giving him the first three rounds, but it was very close. Hard to choose a flat out definite winner of those three rounds.

This here reminds me of the term in combat sports that you need to decisively beat the champion in order to take the belt. I just don't think Gustafsson won 3 rounds decisively enough last night.

Can anyone think of a better 5 round fight?

Long time UFC watcher, and can't think of a better 5 rounder...ideas?

Can anyone think of a better 5 round fight?

Long time UFC watcher, and can't think of a better 5 rounder...ideas?

I don't think so. I've only been a UFC/MMA fan for about 5 years now, but this was the best five round fight I've ever seen. These two have set the bar incredibly high, and have probably set unrealistic expectations, for the next time they meet down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back