UFC 128 LD is The Pinnacle of Jon Jones Ruining Rashad Evans' Life

Wow. Just wow. He made one of the best fighters on the planet his bitch. Just complete and total domination. I'm lost for words. When I first saw him fight, I knew he was going to get the title, it was just a matter of when.

Lets put it this way. I'm not a die-hard MMA guy, but I'm gonna do everything I can to see Jon Jones next fight. Hell, I'd probably go to a bar airing it just to watch it, that guy is that fucking awesome.

Shogun lasted 2 rounds longer then he should have given his condition after round 1. Credit to him, but even more credit to Jones.

You see, that is the mentality I love in a fighter. Not the petty bullshit "Wah he is my friend I won't fight him." If it really is your dream, fight your own brother if it comes down to it.

That's because Jones learned how to use his reach. He gave Shogun NO opportunities to hit him. Struve should take lessons.

Incredibly dominating performance by Jones. The first time I saw him fight was the Hamill fight, and like many others, I knew when I first saw him that he would be special.

But I had no idea he'd be able to completely dominate the much more experience Shogun the way he did tonight. Damn he's impressive. I don't see Rashad Evans being able to beat him either.

Incredibly dominating performance by Jones. The first time I saw him fight was the Hamill fight, and like many others, I knew when I first saw him that he would be special.

But I had no idea he'd be able to completely dominate the much more experience Shogun the way he did tonight. Damn he's impressive. I don't see Rashad Evans being able to beat him either.

No doubt. Jones will dominate Evans. He's much more athletic and bigger. As long as he uses his reach doesn't get taken down, he'll knock Evans out.

I've been on the Jones bandwagon since I bought the UFC 87 DVD when it first came out and saw his fight buried on the prelims. The fact that he's come this far in such a short time is nothing short of phenomenal.

He fought the best Light Heavyweight possibly ever, and he wasn't even in trouble ONCE. The scary thing is, he's only going to get better.

so much for the idea of jmt not showing up. He's here now.

And Rogan made a good point about Evans being the 1 guy who might know Jones weakness, being his friend/sparring partner. That might be his only chance.

I'm fucking gutted for Shogun, but man... all the props in the World to Jon Jones. The kid is an absolute monster. I don't see how anyone in the Light Heavyweight Division stands a chance of beating him, unless by some miracle Rashad has better wrestling than the guy (which I highly doubt), or if Anderson Silva moves up to Light Heavyweight full time (which I think is possible, and Silva vs. Jones is definitely sexier than Silva vs. GSP right now).

But yeah... Shogun's still a legend and one of the greatest to ever compete in this sport, but if Jon Jones keeps the same mind-frame and work ethic he's has right now, then we very well could be in for many years of his domination.

I think the UFC has their poster boy for the next decade. After that fight, the only way he is going to lose is against someone who has nearly his reach or if he beats himself. Tonight's win was just that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back