UFC 136 LD is Featuring a Ham and Edgar

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
WHAT: UFC 136: Edgar vs. Maynard
WHEN: Facebook Prelims - Around 6:00 EST, Spike Prelims - 8:00 EST, PPV Card - 9:00 EST.
IS ASKING FOR STREAMS ALLOWED? No.

UFC Lightweight Championship

Frankie Edgar (13-Gray Maynard-Gray Maynard)

f0661s.jpg

VS

Gray Maynard (12-0-1-1)

gray-maynard.jpg

UFC Featherweight Championship

Jose Aldo (19-1)

jose-aldo-cub-swanson.jpg

VS

Kenny Florian (15-5)

bluesteel.jpg

#1 Middleweight Contendership

Chael Sonnen (26-10-1)

chael_sonnen_real_estate_commercial_lolmma.jpg

VS

Brian Stann (12-5)

brian-stann-vs-chael-sonnen.jpg

The Rest of the Main Card
  • Lightweight Bout: Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon
  • Featherweight Bout: Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia

Preliminary Card (Spike TV)
  • Lightweight Bout: Jeremy Stephens vs. Anthony Pettis
  • Middleweight Bout: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
  • Heavyweight Bout: Stipe Miocic vs. Joey Beltran
  • Middleweight Bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Mike Massenzio
  • Middleweight Bout: Aaron Simpson vs. Eric Schafer
  • Featherweight Bout: Tiequan Zhang vs. Darren Elkins

This is an awesome card of paper. My picks for the main card are Phan, Guillard, Sonnen, Aldo and Edgar. I have given that zero thought and it's based on who I want to win.

Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (Decision)
Jose Aldo vs. Kenny Florian (Decision)
Chael Sonnen vs. Brian Stann (Decision)
Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon (Submission)
Leonard Garcia vs. Nam Phan (Robbery)
Demian Maia vs. Jorge Santiago (Decision)
Anthony Pettis vs. Jeremy Stephens (Submission)
Joey Beltran vs. Stipe Miocic (Decision)
Darren Elkins vs. Tiequan Zhang (Submission)
Eric Schafer vs. Aaron Simpson (Decision)
Steve Cantwell vs. Mike Massenzio (KO)

Pettis has been pretty average since making the jump to the UFC. Glad that he won, but it wasn't all that impressive.

The Florian picture is great too.

Also, hopefully Pettis will get the winner of the main even tonight, as he clearly deserves his title shot.

Lolwut? Pettis is barely top 10 at this point. He has a good four fights before a number 1 contender fight, not to mention he didnt look very good tonight. He should be nowhere near a title shot.

What your saying is one loss vs. Clay Guida brings him from facing the winner of Edgar vs. Maynard II to barely being in the top 10? Don't think so.

The Bendo fight was only a couple of fights ago, and that was as good of a win as anyone has right now in the UFC Lightweight Division.

But yeah... I agree tonight's performance was sub-par, though I think Stevens surprised Pettis by taking it to the ground.

All the prelims went to decisions, and the fights were disappointing. Hopefully the main card delivers the goods.

A loss to Guida and a sub-par performance against Stevens drops him to the lower end of the top 10. He did beat Bendo, but I still have Bendo ahead of him in the rankings as of today. I also have Guillard, Guida, Edgar, Maynard, Melendez, Bendo, and Miller ahead of him. Bendo has been more impressive in the UFC, and Miller was on a role before meeting Bendo.

What has Pettis done to show he's higher than Guillard? Go 1-1 in The UFC? Pettis has done NOTHING impressive in the UFC.

I'm so glad Lauzon won. I was sure Guillard would win.

I have to agree with The Best (The Cock Shaped Pillow), Pettis is much higher than you're making him out to be.

Whatever, i'm on my phone. I'm not debating while typing on an Iphone, drinking, and watching the fights. Let's just give him a title shot. He's obviously earned it and everything!

I'm doing the same thing. Don't back down. ;)

Fine. What has Pettis done to prove he is in the top 5 and deserving of a title shot? He got promised one for beating Bendo in the WEC, but due to circumstances, he had to fight for the shot at thetitle. He lost proving he isnt ready for a shot. He then went on to have a very sub-par performance tonight and all of the sudden he is in the upper top 10? Even though Pettis beat Bendo, he hasnt been nearly as impressive lately. Even though they've both lost, Miller and Guillard have looked better for a longer period of time. Pettis hasnt done anything since thw Bendo fight. As of today, pettis doesnt deserve yo be ranked in the top 6 or 7. Im done. I dont think Pettis has been as impressive as the top 6 fighters in the division. No more long posts, im going to enjoy the fights with you all.

Either that, or I can't stand Nam's, or both, or both of them just matched up together. Amazing fight though, and the judges definitely got it right.

Once I heard the 29-28, I got goosebumps thinking, somehow, someway, Garcia got the decision.

He's back! This crowd is terrible, they cheer their heads off when Anderson comes on (which is fine), but boo Chael? :disappointed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back