WEC/UFC Mega LD

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Both Zuffa Owned companies are running MMA cards tonight, and they're both FREE. Free MMA is some of the best MMA that fans get treated to. Tonight's WEC card would be a PPV card if these lighter weight-classes got more promotion. The UFC Fight Night card tomorrow night has Lightweight Title implications, as well as two former TUF winners competing.

The WEC is putting on Jamie Varner vs. Ben Henderson for their Lightweight Title tonight. Urijah Faber, who is one of the top pound for pound fighters in the world, is also competing on this card, and with a win, he could very well take on Jose Aldo next for the Featherweight Title in what would be a candidate for Fight of the Year.

The WEC is airing their card on VERSUS at 9:00 EST. If you get Direct TV, you won't be able to watch. Unfortunately we can't give out streams in this thread.

In case you're not sure about checking out tonight's WEC, I'll let these gifs do the talking. They put on some great fights, and you're bound to see something really awesome on each card.

15r00hw.gif
24nilh4.gif

458px-WEC_46_Varner_vs._Henderson_2_poster.jpg

• MAIN CARD

* Champ Jamie Varner vs. interim champ Benson Henderson (to unify lightweight title)
    * Raphael Assuncao vs. Urijah Faber
    * Dave Jansen vs. Kamal Shalorus
    * Mike Brown vs. Anthony Morrison
    * Mackens Semerzier vs. Deividas Taurosevicius

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Akitoshi Tamura vs. Charlie Valencia
    * Bryan Caraway vs. Mark Hominick
    * Wagnney Fabiano vs. Clint Godfrey
    * George Roop vs. Eddie Wineland
    * Will Campuzano vs. Coty Wheeler

This is a very solid card, featuring the Lightweight Title, Urijah Faber, and Mike Brown. There are also a couple of UFC veterans on the preliminary card.

Also, someone actually named their kid "Coty"? Really?

But PLEASE join us here for the LD tonight. There won't be any football on, and there's nothing else on tonight at 9:00 either. Join us!
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Tomorrow night, the UFC and WWE go head to head for UFN 20.

1resk6.jpg

Main card

• Lightweight bout: Gray Maynard vs. Nate Diaz
  • Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Evan Dunham
  • Middleweight bout: Tom Lawlor vs. Aaron Simpson
  • Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Brad Blackburn

Preliminary Card

• Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Jay Silva
  • Welterweight bout: Rick Story vs. Jesse Lennox
  • Lightweight bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Nik Lentz
  • Welterweight bout: Mike Guymon vs. Rory MacDonald
  • Lightweight bout: Kyle Bradley vs. Rafael dos Anjos
  • Middleweight bout: Gerald Harris vs. Mike Massenzio
  • Middleweight bout: Nick Catone vs. Jesse Forbes

Gray Maynard and Nate Diaz have squared off before on TUF. Despite Maynard's perfect professional record, he lost to Diaz on the show. It's very widely believed that with a win here, Maynard will be the #1 contender to BJ Penn's Lightweight Championship. Escudero and Sadollah are former TUF winners, and the rest of the guys are up and comers.

What a fall from grace for Chris Leben. He's main evented PPVs and now is on the preliminary card of a UFN. Hopefully this is a wakeup call for him. He's a good fighter, albeit a dick, and he should be a major contender for the Middleweight Title. This is embarrassing for him. It's also unfair how Jake Rosholt, who submitted him last year is out of a job where he still is able to work. IF he loses to Jay Silva, hopefully Dana releases him to show him that he's really not untouchable like he thinks he is.

UFN 20 airs on SPIKE tomorrow night at 9:00. Join us! Flick back and forth between UFN and Raw if you have to (I know I'm going to)!

Come join the MMA LDs! Brocktoon and Indyjon talking to themselves! Fun all around :lmao:

Well now that Leafy is here.........I am pretty stoked for this Mike Brown fight. Not a fan but he does put on a show.

Welp, that was as elementary as it gets.

Morrison didn't have a chance in hell. This fight was tailor-made for Brown to start regaining momentum.

I haven't actually listened to any of the audio for this show yet, I am splitting my time between watching the fights and a Nitro from 99. Brown looked great though.

Also, if Faber wins tonight, then Faber should fight Brown again to decide who gets Aldo. Brown's already beaten Faber twice. It wouldn't be fair for him to get a shot before Brown did.

I agree with that. I would like to see a healthy three round war between these two one more time with the winner getting a shot at the belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back