TNA Region, Nashville Subregion, First Round: (9) Jerry Lawler vs. (24) Jimmy Snuka

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Jerry Lawler

• Jimmy Snuka

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the TNA Region, Nashville Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.

travel_g_bridgestone1x_288.jpg

2283286-lawler.png

#9. Jerry Lawler

Vs.

wwf-snuka-real.jpg

#24. Jimmy Snuka

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Nashville's close to Memphis, therefore Lawler wins. Right?

Yep, but I'll go into more detail for you.

Lawler was dominant in his territory and ultimately ended up being the AWA World Champion in its dying days. Lawler's also fought nearly every meaningful wrestler in the 70's and 80's. He even beat Hulk Hogan, albeit Hogan was Terry Boulder at the time. He also fought Race and Flair to time limit draws and defeated Curt Hennig for the AWA World Title.

Snuka did a splash off of a cage back when that wasn't done at all. That being said, he lost in any meaningful match he was booked in.

Vote The KING! Jerry Lawler.

Why Jerry Lawler should win this match.

1. Only whimps kill their girlfriend.
  2. It's looking pretty evident Jimmy Snuka killed his girlfriend.
  3. Jerry Lawler is a whimpbuster ~!

See;

[YOUTUBE]ilWWGnH0Nbk[/YOUTUBE]​

Thank God Benoit isn't in this region, mirite?!

Jerry Lawler in a romp.

I think this is the first one where location makes a difference. Lawler spent his career being strong at home, I can see this going his way against an opponent that achieved less but was more inspiring.

Snuka was the more talented wrestler, but Lawler absolutely dominated in his territory. His in-ring psychology is among the top-ten of all time. He won a rediculous amount of championships, his most memorable likely being his unification of the AWA Championship with the WCCW championship against one of the Von Erich boys. Snuka? His biggest accomplishments were being the cornerman for Hogan and Mr. T at Wrestlemania 1, and doing a splash off the top of the cage onto Don Muraco in a match for the Intercontinental Title. He still lost.

It's a lopsided match in any area, but this being so close to Lawler's hometown swings the advantage ridiculously in his favor.

That, and I can't consciously cast my vote for a man who killed his girlfriend 30 years ago, and was never brought to justice. In irony, his avoiding a conviction thusfar may be the biggest victory of his career. :disappointed:

I met Jerry Lawler once. Pretty cool guy. I saw a local show where he and Bill Dundee wrestled in the main event. Both guys stuck around about ninety minutes past their advertised times to talk to fans. Total class act on their parts. I still have Dundee's autograph somewhere.

Lawler could be a womanizer, but he never killed any of his girlfriends. Looking at you Snuka. Even if Snuka hadn't pulled an OJ, can anyone tell me what he really accomplished in his career? Outside of the splash from the cage, which was super cool, what did he ever do? I think he was the first ECW Champ right, back when they were Eastern Championship Wrestling? Outside of that I don't know what he accomplished really. Jerry takes it.

Damn if only Daniel Bryan had drawn Lawler again this year. I would have had a field days listening to all the fanboys cry. Even though Bryan's receiving the push of a life time, he still wouldn't beat Lawler. Especially not in Tennessee.

Snuka looks like a walking, breathing corpse at his old age. Lawler doesn't look a day over 30. He must have gotten tips from George Hamilton.

Anywho, Lawler would still win even out of Nashville. In Nashville? GG Snuka.

Lawler is at home and he dominated there. That is enough for me in this first round match against Snuka. He would put up a good fight, but Lawler is just too good at home.

I don't like to put too much stock in the regions but how do I vote against Jerry Lawler in the first round in Tennessee? I don't. Lawler has beaten every big name that's come into his town to wrestle him. Jimmy Snuka just doesn't cut it here. I'm not saying Lawler will automatically coast through Tennessee but he gets by Snuka no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back