TNA Region, Nashville Subregion, First Round: (1) John Cena vs. (32) Earthquake

Who Wins This Matchup?

• John Cena

• Earthquake

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a human being with an opinion that I'm willing to explain.

Oh yeah. What opinion is that then?

Don't quote my entire post and then make your argument into a cheap attempt to put me on the defensive that doesn't in any way reference any of the points I made.

You're no fun at all. I think we're going to have a rocky friendship from here on in Jack.

If it's so obvious that Cena should win here, then I imagine that even you wouldn't have trouble describing why you've reached that conclusion.

Well let me put it this way He's got muscles in places my places don't even have places and he'd hoist that big nasty baldy man onto his back and slam him down like BOOOOOOM. He's also really nice to kids and one time when I went to a show I said it was my birthday and he gave me a great big hug that felt like it lasted forever.

Whereas I get the feeling Earthquake is mean. He looks like the sort of guy who would put a kitten in a knapsack and throw him off the Golden Gate bridge. He also looks like the sort of nasty guy who can't reach his feet to put his socks on in the morning. John Cena will take advantage of that unathletic so and so like he's done before with the sweaty Big Slow.

You would pay money to watch an eight second match just so you could soak in the aura that you see surrounding John Cena? I hate to break it to you, but the people around you might kill your vibe by booing the shit out of him.

What? What do you mean? Everyone likes John Cena. He rosed above Breats cancer and he gives kids wishes like when they ask him if they can go to the Moon he says yes and he takes them up there personally. I never heard Cena be booed but I don't have the sound on when I watch RAW. I listen to serene noises of the Apalachian footpaths.

I'm not aware of the fact that I like John Cena?

Damn skippy hippy.

You're just a little mind fucker aren't you?

You've got a real bad potty mouth. I've a good mind to call my parole officer on you.

Trying to plant the seed of an idea in my head won't work on me young grasshopper,

I've got this really neat hypnotheraputic video montage of Cena set to Bhangra. I'll PM it to you... old... Lamprey...... I dunno, you're funny. Grasshopper, GOOD ONE!!

especially one as stupid as the idea that the punchline to the worst joke ever told in pro-wrestling history that is John Cena will get me liking him eventually.

Look, I think you and Mr. Cena got off on the wrong feet. I think you need to open your head and give him another chance because when you feel how lovely he really is and all the good vibes he gives to kids all over the world (but not in a bad way) yo must will feel a great sens of wrongedness for not liking him all the time before that. And you will see he is the best and you will love him back too in a Abrahamic monotheistic sense, but without all the silly kneeling down.

Oh, I already voted for Earthquake. I really don't give a shit if I violate the social contract you imagine that we have.

Sniff. You made me cry You really just made me cry just then. Yo appy, you just made a grown man crying himself so that his vest gets all soggy and he catches a cold. I'm gonna call my lawyer and he's really good. He'll get you to apologize for making me hit a record low I feel like I'm in a ravine right now and it's like "Iceberg to the left of me, iceberg to the right but here I am, stuck in the middle with frostbite.

Just ask KB if you can reverse your vote man. He's a good guy, he'll understand your change of heart.

Crowd reactions mean fuck all when you generate over 100 million dollars of revenue per year for the WWE. That's what a DRAW is. That's what John Cena does. That's why if he were in TNA, they would make sure he would win every match. Even over a mid-card giant like Earthquake.

The WWE doesn't book John Cena to win every match, even over a mid-card giant like Tensai. Sometimes, losing is what John Cena does to help generate over 100 million dollars of revenue per year for the WWE.

Wrestlemania 29 is the highest grossest WWE event in it's history. That had Cena defeating The Rock for the WWE Championship.

I've already shared the links, but here I go again repeating myself. Wrestlemania 28 was the highest grossing WWE event in it's history, that had Cena losing to The Rock.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1379509-ranking-the-15-highest-grossing-wwe-pay-per-views-of-all-time/page/16

The WWE released a premature announcement claiming that they projected a 1.2 million buyrate, which still wouldn't have beaten Wrestlemania 28 but they wanted to brag anyway.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1617891-wwe-announce-wrestlemania-29-as-its-highest-grossing-event-ever

The actual numbers came in, and the accountants at WWE had to admit that they were a little off in their projection. Wrestlemania 29 took a 16% drop in buy-rates from the last year, that had Cena defeating The Rock for the WWE title.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1653556-wwe-wrestlemania-29-suffers-drastic-drop-in-buys-from-previous-year

I've already shared the links, but here I go again repeating myself. Wrestlemania 28 was the highest grossing WWE event in it's history, that had Cena losing to The Rock.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1379509-ranking-the-15-highest-grossing-wwe-pay-per-views-of-all-time/page/16

The WWE released a premature announcement claiming that they projected a 1.2 million buyrate, which still wouldn't have beaten Wrestlemania 28 but they wanted to brag anyway.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1653556-wwe-wrestlemania-29-suffers-drastic-drop-in-buys-from-previous-year

Accept you are totally wrong here. The WWE didn't say that in fact this is what the WWE said.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/29/highest-grossing-event-26110564

If you read that you'll see the WWE admitted to exceeding 1 million buyrates at wrestlemania 29 which it did. It also says that Wrestlemania 29 is the highest grossing Wrestlemania of all time. Which is indeed correct. 72 million dollars, has nothing to do with buyrates. It has to deal with how much profit the WWE made from WM 29 which is more than they made from WM28 when Rock beat Cena. That was his point and you're totally wrong.

Yes, BUT Cena wrestles a LOT more in a six months than Sammartino did in a year. The problem isn't with Cena, but with the booking he gets AND the refusal to change the character up a bit.

I'm growing very tired of having to do this, but here goes.

I was presented an argument from someone else, that person made the point that John Cena has a more consistent record as a top tier guy than any other performer in history. I wasn't told to take into consideration the exact amount of days on the road or minutes on tv. From his debut to today, this person was suggesting that John Cena is unmatched in terms of amount of time as a number one guy.

At this point, changing Cena's character up a bit would be too little too late for his image. You can't just throw a different costume on him and make him behave like a different person and expect any change in how he's received, the damage has been done.

Backstage pull aside, Creative ultimately pulls the strings. The problem is saturation, not Cena.

I'm pretty sure that I've already pointed out how John Cena is a living example of Poe's law. He's been so deep in his character that there's no other way to perceive him.

Accept you are totally wrong here. The WWE didn't say that in fact this is what the WWE said.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/29/highest-grossing-event-26110564

If you read that you'll see the WWE admitted to exceeding 1 million buyrates at wrestlemania 29 which it did. It also says that Wrestlemania 29 is the highest grossing Wrestlemania of all time. Which is indeed correct. 72 million dollars, has nothing to do with buyrates. It has to deal with how much profit the WWE made from WM 29 which is more than they made from WM28 when Rock beat Cena. That was his point and you're totally wrong.

I was hasty, unto you and him I stand corrected. Wrestlemania 29 made more money than Wrestlemania 28.

Oh yeah. What opinion is that then?

You quoted an entire post of opinions. Stop acting like a deep cover intellectual who's only playing a moron to annoy me. I'm pretty sure that you can do better than that.

You're no fun at all. I think we're going to have a rocky friendship from here on in Jack.

I think that rocky friendships are the most interesting kind Jill.

Well let me put it this way He's got muscles in places my places don't even have places and he'd hoist that big nasty baldy man onto his back and slam him down like BOOOOOOM. He's also really nice to kids and one time when I went to a show I said it was my birthday and he gave me a great big hug that felt like it lasted forever.

You're playing on the fact that I've shared a few personal feelings toward the man that John Tenta was. Cute, but maybe you should try to make an actual argument as opposed to just pissing away this time mocking me for what was said outside of the quote you used in the first place.

Whereas I get the feeling Earthquake is mean. He looks like the sort of guy who would put a kitten in a knapsack and throw him off the Golden Gate bridge. He also looks like the sort of nasty guy who can't reach his feet to put his socks on in the morning. John Cena will take advantage of that nonathletic so and so like he's done before with the sweaty Big Slow.

And I'm sure that very few people have the time or concern to invest even that small amount of creativity into an opinion of you. I realize that humoring you puts me in a very deplorable minority, even so I believe that you're better than this sometimes.

What? What do you mean? Everyone likes John Cena. He rosed above Breats cancer and he gives kids wishes like when they ask him if they can go to the Moon he says yes and he takes them up there personally. I never heard Cena be booed but I don't have the sound on when I watch RAW. I listen to serene noises of the Apalachian footpaths.

If you're going to play this game, try not to be so uncanny when you play the part of a complete moron. Maybe relate a few of your facetious points more directly to something that I actually said, playing on my choice of words or my overemphasis toward a point that's already been rendered moot using serious means as a few examples.

I don't expect you to get better at trolling over night, I just want you to know that what techniques apparently work in your select online community might need a little refurbishing.

Damn skippy hippy.

Darn tootin' Putin.

You've got a real bad potty mouth. I've a good mind to call my parole officer on you.

Do you have a good mind to argue the merits of Cena vs Earthquake? I'm pretty sure that you do. I'm giving you my attention for that purpose, not so that you can audition for people who respect the kind of behavior from the quote above.

I've got this really neat hypo-therapeutic video montage of Cena set to Bhangra. I'll PM it to you... old... Lamprey...... I dunno, you're funny. Grasshopper, GOOD ONE!!

Kung Fu was a hit show at one time, grasshopper is a common urban nick-name for an amateur.

An opinion that relates to this match please?

Look, I think you and Mr. Cena got off on the wrong feet. I think you need to open your head and give him another chance because when you feel how lovely he really is and all the good vibes he gives to kids all over the world (but not in a bad way) yo must will feel a great sens of wrongedness for not liking him all the time before that. And you will see he is the best and you will love him back too in a Abrahamic monotheistic sense, but without all the silly kneeling down.

I think you're putting an undeserved amount of effort into humiliating me. Occasionally my mind runs away with thoughts that I can only pin down effectively if I use a five-dollar word or two, I admit that doing so is often more an effort in intimidation than it is an effort in being understood. Since I've obviously offended you with my writing style, I ask that you overlook something so petty and make your next response something that relates to the topic. John Cena is fighting Earthquake and we're supposed to be debating that, this isn't a tournament to determine how well you can expose my supposed character flaws through parody.

Sniff. You made me cry You really just made me cry just then. Yo appy, you just made a grown man crying himself so that his vest gets all soggy and he catches a cold. I'm gonna call my lawyer and he's really good. He'll get you to apologize for making me hit a record low I feel like I'm in a ravine right now and it's like "Iceberg to the left of me, iceberg to the right but here I am, stuck in the middle with frostbite.

Did my response to your original reply not make it clear that I'm aware of the joke, and that it has no effect on me?

It amazes me just how determined some of you are to pull this away from the topic at hand. I can admit when I'm wrong, I've already admitted as much to ByTheDockOfTheBay. All he had to do was make a serious argument and provide a link as proof, that disarmed me.

You're trying to disarm me by exploiting a hyperbole ridden series of brain farts that very loosely mock my writing style, you're not considering any of the points I've made in an effort to recognize how they may be invalid. If someone makes a stellar point using the grammar of a six year old, the only person they should take seriously are the ones that regard what was said for what was meant.

Just ask KB if you can reverse your vote man. He's a good guy, he'll understand your change of heart.

I'm sure KB would rather I just stick to my decision regardless of anyone's ability to sway my judgement after the fact. While I'm sure you're a very persuasive person, I'm still not convinced of your argument because you haven't made a legitimate argument yet.

Earthquake once entered a 19 man battle royale (WM XVII) and was eliminated fourth. Bushwacker Luke and Butch, Jim Cornette, Brother Love and the Brooklyn Brawler outlasted him.

In what world are people voting for him?

This world, the real world, where apparently Cena fans are more rallied than ever to put their favorite performer into the next round.

The bad news for me and the three other people that voted for Earthquake; we're probably not going to get that Earthquake vs Ultimate Warrior dream match.

The good news for me and the three other people that voted for Earthquake; we were allowed to participate and I was able to display for the over two thousand people that have browsed this thread that there are some good reasons to appreciate John Tenta's contributions. Even if those reasons might not be good enough to get him past John Cena, this was an interesting way to pass the time.

This world, the real world, where apparently Cena fans are more rallied than ever to put their favorite performer into the next round.

The bad news for me and the three other people that voted for Earthquake; we're probably not going to get that Earthquake vs Ultimate Warrior dream match.

The good news for me and the three other people that voted for Earthquake; we were allowed to participate and I was able to display for the over two thousand people that have browsed this thread that there are some good reasons to appreciate John Tenta's contributions. Even if those reasons might not be good enough to get him past John Cena, this was an interesting way to pass the time.

You did that and honestly you made me look up Tenta, and as unpopular as you may be around here I did get to see more of his work and understand that he did have more talent than I'd thought in the past.

You did that and honestly you made me look up Tenta, and as unpopular as you may be around here I did get to see more of his work and understand that he did have more talent than I'd thought in the past.

In honoring Earthquake's work, I'm going to make a pledge that needs to be made even though it might make me look a little cocky to the more discerning readers.

It's not a mystery that I don't like John Cena, but I chose to back Earthquake for this tournament because my feelings for him are genuine. I'm not going to just take what I imagine are my debate skills into the next round to criticize Cena's chances of winning again.

I know, I know, the general impression is probably that I did more good than bad for Cena. I can already hear the sarcastic pleas for me to help Cena win the entire tournament with my criticisms that have apparently lit a fire under the ass of his fan-base.

Again, I was here as an Earthquake supporter first and foremost. If he's gone, then it's back to being a regular forum junkie for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back