TNA Region, Nashville Subregion, Second Round: (1) John Cena vs. (16) Arn Anderson

Who Wins This Matchup?

• John Cena

• Arn Anderson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the TNA Region, Nashville Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.

travel_g_bridgestone1x_288.jpg

file_279929_1_John_Cena_New_2013.png

#1. John Cena

Vs.

WWE-Superstar-Arn-Anderson.jpg

#16. Arn Anderson

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I'm a huge Arn Anderson fan. He was a simple man who worked his ass off in the ring. He was in the most dominant faction of all time, and holds wins over Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, and numerous others.

That being said, he's not beating John Cena. Cena overcomes pretty much anything thrown at him, even if it's JJ Dillon or a cowboy boot from Tully Blanchard. Cena takes this in a hard fought match.

AA's time's up.

Arn Anderson is an A+ kind of guy, he left a powerful impact on the fans and because of that they will always love and respect. Not like John Cena who's stale act has gotten him booed up the ass from the fans. The TNA crowd is a different vibe than the WWE crowd, that's just facts. Seriously, no ifs and's, or buts about it. The TNA vibe will destroy super untalented hack John Cena.

AA wins due to the living off the TNA Impact Zone Vibe.

Arn is the type of heel of is fed to Cena. For weeks Arn would get the upper hand, likely with the help of The Horsemen, only for Cena to overcome those odds and win in the blowoff match.

Also, we are overlooking one key element. Arn's initials are AA. Cena's finisher is the AA. Coincidence?

Arn wasn't really the type of heel the top guy squashed. He would give Cena a solid beating, but no, he wouldn't win.

Cena has that next gear guys like AA can't overcome. Cena wins after a twelve or so minute smash fest.

Under special skills on Arn Anderson's resume it says "Always puts over popular baby face." I'm sure it would be a good match but this has Cena win written all over it. Need I go on? Didn't think so.

I'm going to defend Arn here, Arn was known for always doing the right thing, and he did. But Arn Anderson is one of the best guys around, and he's beaten the likes of Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, and the Great Muta. He's the only person in history to beat Hulk Hogan two straight week, he also is one of two men to defeat Hogan and flair by pinfall in a six month span.

I don't believe Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan (Arn's two biggest opponents) ever defeated him. In other words when Arn was against the best, he was his best. It wouldn't totally shock me to see a monstrous upset. But in truth John goes over here.

Winner- Cena with an AA to Arn.

THis match would be right down Cena's alley. I love Arn Anderson, but he is the definition of a wrestler Cena would beat. Cena would overcome Arn and the Horsemen interference to move to the next round.

Cena wins easily. AA shouldn't have even gotten out of the first round. You can talk about it being hard wrestling in Flair's shadow but in 1991 and 1992 Flair was in WWE and AA had a chance to shine. Instead he did what he always did. Stay on the lower end of the card in tag teams and occasional be part of a multi man main event (ie War Games). In a time when Ron Simmons had a world title run and the Barbarian and Dr Death were getting world title matches, AA was still not even sniffing the main event scene. It'll be a hard fought match but the outcome will never be in doubt.

The latest in a long line of people who were in the midcard in the 80s in the NWA (or TNA '88, as it may as well have been called) against one of the biggest stars in the history of professional wrestling. When we're in the last 64 of all time, it really shouldn't be this clear cut. Cena wins.

Anderson was definitely better than Christian, but he's not beating Cena. Arn actually had a pretty good record against top guys, but Cena is one of the biggest stars of all time and is not losing in the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back