The UK General Election [2017 Edition]

Gideon seems so conflicted - on one hand this is hysterical as he gets his revenge, but if he hung on he'd be Prime Minister by week's end.

Odds are being slashed on Corbyn being the PM. Not sure how that'd work frankly.

Amber Rudd appears to be on the brink. Oh what a terrible shame.

It's HELD? Bye, Theresa. Well done on going down as the dumbest fucking prime minister in modern history.

So it's confirmed that the conservatives lost their super majority?

Why is Theresa May the dumbest prime minister ever? Because she's Trump friendly? Because she blew the super majority? Other reasons?

Sorry for being American af.

So it's confirmed that the conservatives lost their super majority?

Why is Theresa May the dumbest prime minister ever? Because she's Trump friendly? Because she blew the super majority? Other reasons?

Sorry for being American af.

It's looking extremely likely - though the DUP of Northern Ireland will likely prop them up in government (vote by vote as opposed to coalition governance).

She's stupid because she didn't need to have an election and outright said no less than seven times there wasn't a need to have one before deciding there needed to be one. She was in a position of strength and had practically everything in her favour: no party derision or division, the press (on the whole) largely backing her and an apparent wet blanket opposite her in Corbyn.

Unfortunately for her she ran a fucking awful campaign and more or less came across as a robot that wanted to rob pensioners (one of her core voter bases), refused to confront issues head on and saw her supposedly Thatcher-esc mystique pissed away by trying to run a personality based campaign where it turned out she had no personality and was in fact a horrible leader. And she's lost her majority.

Conversely Corbyn ran a populist, hopeful campaign being extremely positive refusing to drop into mudslinging and offering a genuine alternative to the Tories. And it turned out that he's actually got not only a personality, but a rather likeable one.

It's HELD? Bye, Theresa. Well done on going down as the dumbest fucking prime minister in modern history.

Fantastic.

Eltham, Bermondsey, Hove, and Ilford - the four constituencies that I personally tried to keep Labour and will be especially fucked off about if we lose them.

All red. I might have had a little bit of a happy cry this morning. I'll be campaigning in 326 constituencies next time to guarantee a Labour majority.

Laura Kuenssberg is reporting that May will stay on, which I'm actually in favour of. She's incompetent and evil but, and this is a damning indictment, still the best Prime Minister that the Tories are able to field. She's also evidently very, very beatable.

Labour might actually be able to cobble together a decent shadow cabinet now. I'm expecting even the biggest Corbynsceptics to bend the knee.

Whether it's in October or it's in 2022, this is my solemn vow to the Conservative Party:

We're going to fucking have you.

4 to go. Kensington will be this afternoon. Cornwall can't count. so there's a potential that there's 319. Take the 7 Sinn Fein's off the 326 then that's enough for a majority.

All of Leeds was Labour except for Pudsey, Rothwell and Morley. 3 of the most affluent areas in Leeds what a surprise.

Fuck Scotland. So disappointed in my country this morning. If those seats had gone anything just blue, Corbyn would probably be in 10 Downing Street.

Conservatives and DUP have enough to gain a majority without taking into account the abstaining of the Sinn Fein.

Fuck Scotland. So disappointed in my country this morning. If those seats had gone anything just blue, Corbyn would probably be in 10 Downing Street.

Blame the SNP for not being all that great at being in government.

Барбоса;5707029 said:
Conservatives and DUP have enough to gain a majority without taking into account the abstaining of the Sinn Fein.

Blame the SNP for not being all that great at being in government.

I don't blame the SNP actually. A lot of people in Scotland want a referendum again, whether any news outlet report it way. There is sentiment for it but Scottish people aren't stupid. They knew that it was a two horse race and that the SNP couldn't actually be a proper opposition to the Tories. They voted tactically for Labour and that is why the SNP seats are down.

As for the Conservatives going up, I am at a loss. I am disgusted in people for that. I seen it remarked that Scottish people extrapolated the desire to make sure their was no second referendum to this vote and thought that the Tories were the more stern party on that and voted for them. For me, this is the most likely.

There is an interesting dichotomy between the treatment of the leaders of the parties who look like they are going to be the government.

Theresa May was castigated for shirking TV debate and public appearances, while without many people noticing, the DUP hid Arlene Foster quite well.

Story coming out is the Tories are looking for a new leader over the summer (ergo a new Prime Minister) and another election well before the five year term is up.

Барбоса;5707035 said:
There is an interesting dichotomy between the treatment of the leaders of the parties who look like they are going to be the government.

Theresa May was castigated for shirking TV debate and public appearances, while without many people noticing, the DUP hid Arlene Foster quite well.

The UK at large has grown quite adept at ignoring Northern Ireland, to the point that people don't seem to have noticed the DUP have already been propping up the Tories for two years.

So much British, so much wow.

So Corbyn's in? What does this mean?

The news is making me dizzy, they said you were hung.

The Tories put a nutcase up in Hove and Peter Kyle is genuinely incredible as a person and an MP so I'll be crushed if that one changes hands.

Just in case anybody thought I fucked around when I knocked on doors:

6wXEhDv.png

Dp4kIXp.png

I'm not saying I knocked on 18,000 doors, but it was around that number.

Барбоса;5707029 said:

I know that. My point is they're only 1 seat away from a majority without DUP factoring in Sinn Fein.

Now my main point:

For the last three elections the Scottish have thrown toys out of their prams blaming the English for skewing the results for the UK. A 12 seat gain has allowed this in Scotland. Bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back