The Election

Been a while, no doubt. Not that it matters, I could post one up right now and it wouldn't make me any better or worse for the job. It's not all about posting threads. Quite a few current mods barely do it and barely did it before they got the bold name.

It does when Jglass is calling people out for not recognizing how great a candidate you are to do something that you don't actually do. You write about people just in it for the glory like you aren't one. That is the real Crock.

Because you never even post in your section. Shat is criticizing me for not posting in these last two weeks. Big difference.

I don't read the WWE section regularly but I strongly suspect this problem extends well beyond 2 weeks.

Jesus Christ. You know, I used to post threads and try to post in pretty much every thread back when I desperately wanted to be a mod a year or 2 ago. That led to me making a lot of shitty posts and basically giving myself a worse reputation, basically minimizing my chances. Crock is more than active enough in the WWE Section to handle it. This notion that we need someone to drive discussion in the WWE Section, the most active forum here, is fucking laughable. Jackhammer has it covered.

It doesn't hurt to be a bit active though. Not that Crock isn't. I don't have much of a clue on what he does.

Copy and pasted from the ABC thread where I made my final summation, for what it's worth.

I have made my stance abundantly clear, so I won't go on and on about it again. My intention is to become the newest moderator, and to co-moderate the TNA section. As a wrestling forum first and foremost, with an emphasis on the non-spam variety of discussion of it, I think this should be the focal point of selecting a new staff member. All due respect to sports, VG &T, music, spam, or anything else, non-spam wrestling should be the bread and butter of these forums. While IDR is doing a masterful job with the TNA section, this section is growing as TNA continues to improve, and I think it is time to add a second mod to this section, to lighten his load a little. And I think with my longevity on these forums, and with the fresh perspective which I can bring to TNA in a respectful and thought provoking manner, I think I would be a more than reasonable choice to fill this niche.

Some people have suggested that I am not active in the TNA section. While I agree this has been the case in the last couple of weeks, while I have been preoccupied with this damn election and getting my party's position established, I don't agree with it in the grand scheme of things. I do tend to pick and choose my posting in there, because I am not a believer in quantity over quality as some guys tend to fall victim to. But I do feel that I typically have sufficient activity to qualify for a mod position there, and I would expect my activity there to increase if I were named to the staff.

Admittedly I am a WWE guy first, that's obvious to anyone who bothers to read my stuff. But there is no need for a fourth WWE mod, or at least, not as much as a need as there is for a second TNA mod. I believe that my WWE disposition actually makes me a unique candidate for the TNA position, because I won't be a mod that blindly espouses TNA no matter what they do. I will bring balance to the discussion, at times a dose of reality when needed, and as such, can drive some pretty significant discussion from a diametrically opposite standpoint. I have done this many times, just ask shattered, or IDR, or JJYanks, or Slyfox. Ask Sly about our three day debate over the aftermath of the Angle/Roode post Bound For Glory situation. This is what I think TNA needs: a fresh perspective.

I think I have proven myself in non-spam wrestling in general. I can definitely do it in the TNA section. A second mod is definitely necessary there. And not a IDR version 2.0 (no disrespect to IDR intended there and he knows it). Someone who can respect the two divergent opinions and keep a clear head in the discussion of both sides of the coin.

I never said you sucked Crock, I just said that in the unlikely event there was some great need for a WWE conversation driving mod (see Nate's post) that you are far from the top candidate. You admitted that you get on and shoot the shit (spam post) and keep up with the election (seek glory) instead of posting in the section you want to mod. I am not grasping at straws. I am pointing out a fundamental flaw in your entire approach here. WWE section has pretty much never been your priority here and your recent actions do nothing to convince anyone otherwise.

To be fair Habs isn't doing much better. If I read another word fort of his that isn't followed up with actions I might vomit. He has at least posted TNA in the last two weeks though.

Who said I would need to be that guy? I never said I wanted to be the next Jack-Hammer.

It's no fundamental flaw, it's me not wanting to post trash when I don't have the computer time to post well.

EDIT: My primary non-spam section, the one where most of these thousand posts came from, is WWE. This Summer, I ran a faction dedicated to posting there.

Then you shouldn't have trouble telling me when the last time you started a thread there was. That is the premise of driving discussion isn't it?

November 20th. And no, that's not the "premise" of driving discussion. Keeping existing threads hot is just as important as creating new topics of discussion.

Nate still does his job rather well despite being living with his partner, having a child and being a college student. And that has been the case for a long time, if I am not wrong.

You are wrong. Nate has only been a mod for a few months. He has done his job pretty well, but there have been a few weeks where he's been too busy to mod.

Also, I am a regular at the WWE section and I really do not see anything wrong with it. To be more precise, I do not see how adding Crock or for that matter any other poster to the team would make it a better section.

The WWE section isn't bad by any means, but it could be better. Another pair of hands to help clean up the mess, and he could also help drive the discussion.

Or to state things better, I feel TNA needs a mod more than WWE needs one right now.

I don't disagree, but I don't think there's a huge difference between them. TNA doesn't gets as much action, and IDR does a more than adequate job of modding the section.

Just because I have written less does not mean I have not given reason for what I have written. For a guy supporting another guy's ambition to be spam mod, you sure seem to have double standards.

I don't see the connection. Coco has made a tremendous case for why he should be the next mod.

The same reason for which I do not feel HHF should mod the TNA section. He is a great wrestling poster but does not often post in the TNA sections. You need to be a frequent poster in that section to identify with it's problems better. Else it just looks as if you are just becoming mod for the sake of being a mod.

Tell me this, when Nick started posting well in the WWE section did you guys make him mod of the Cigar Lounge?

1) Harthan isn't just a great wrestling poster. As good as he in that department, I think he's an even better non-wrestling poster, and could very well be one of the most intellectual posters we have, which would make him a perfect fit for the Potluck.

2) Nick expressed no interest in modding The Cigar Lounge. Why would we make someone the mod of a section they're not interested in?

But TNA needs it more. TNA is expanding itself and so posters in that section are bound to increase. It should at least have 2 mods. It gets much more traffic than the Old School and the General Wrestling or HOF sections wherein I feel that only one mod can do the duty.

Your logic isn't exactly sound, but even if the amount of TNA posters did increase, I doubt it'd be to the point that IDR couldn't handle.

Additionally, that's a bridge we can cross when we get there. As of now it doesn't need another mod, so why waste a vote on it?

I chose the ABC party in the first place because I thought that most guys were mod worthy material.

You were wrong.

Also, I have criticized my own guys in this very thread. I have praised other party members where and when they deserve it.

Seems like you're doing it to all the wrong people.

The implication is that every single administrator was a fool in NOT having a spam mod for so long?

Calling them foolish is a little harsh. I'd say behind the times.

Besides, it is not as if that the spam sections are not moderated. G-Mods and admins, some of whom moderate no one section in particular, moderate it. A mod exclusively for spam isn't needed.

G-Mods have to worry about every section. It'd be nice for D-Man, X, and jmt if they had someone whose primary focus was on the spam sections.

Yeah, but one of them has to resort to personal attacks and trolling. Sly rarely insults anyone personally.

Uh... you're joking, right?

That's praise. Not reasoning why they are more qualified.

Did you read what I wrote? At all? How is that not explaining why he's qualified?

It could be said that HHF is a better wrestling poster than Crock. It could be said that Merk knows his stuff more about video games more than Crock knows about wrestling. It could also be said that VGAT needs a guy more than the spam sections do.

1) HHF is not a better wrestling poster than Crock.
2) Irrelevant.
3) It could be said, but I disagree. The V&T section pretty much runs itself right now. If there comes a time that we need a mod for the section, Sly and KB will appoint one.

So let's not have new mods at all. Being new to a job means nothing if you can learn the ropes fast. It's not a huge advantage, not certainly one that would render you twice as qualified as the other candidates.

Now you're just being silly. At no point did I say we shouldn't get new mods because it would mean training them, but you can't deny having someone with prior experience is a tremendous help. Why do you think real companies hire employees with prior experience in the field.

If you want more reasons why Harthan is better qualified than most other candidates here are a few: He's the smarted person running, he's extremely confident, he's a NorCal protege which means he's destined for greatness, and I hear he's not too hard to look at either.

And if a poster like Jackiz, God Forbid, comes into the forums even today with Coco as mod and starts posting similar threads, there is nothing Coco would do that existing mods won't.

He'll get to it quicker because he'll have his ever watchful eye on the spam sections.

And tell me this, what are the chances of having another poster like Jackiz? You want a mod for something that has odds of something like 10000:1.

Very... VERY high.

Well, despite not having been a mod, I have very few infractions which suggests that I have a decent understanding of the rules. I know spam sections have few rules and a number of g-mods and mods hang out in the spam sections who have the power to moderate spam sections.. So the few rules that need to be enforced are enforced swiftly.

Except they aren't. D-Man, X, and jmt all have lives of their own that prohibit them from spending a lot of time in the spam sections, as do Sly and KB. Having Coco in there would mean a dedicated spam mod that can take care of business when the admins and G-Mods can't.

November 20th. And no, that's not the "premise" of driving discussion. Keeping existing threads hot is just as important as creating new topics of discussion.

Thanks for listing another thing he failed to do.

Who said I would need to be that guy? I never said I wanted to be the next Jack-Hammer.

Blame Jiggles. This is all his idea.

It's no fundamental flaw, it's me not wanting to post trash when I don't have the computer time to post well.

So you had time to make 300 spam posts (likely mostly trashy) but you couldn't come up with a decent idea to write up in 5 minutes for a whole month? Don't bullshit us by jumping on the excuse Jglass came up with for you which you already admitted wasn't accurate.

EDIT: My primary non-spam section, the one where most of these thousand posts came from, is WWE. This Summer, I ran a faction dedicated to posting there.

Nice follow through. I remember these factions. They flamed out quickly and were mostly used to build a long thread in the cage. I am not saying you could not do it. I don't think it is hard. I am just saying you sure have a curious way of selling yourself and you should quit spammin' it up singing your own praises while putting down others and add some substance to your campaign if this is something you really want to do. Talk is cheap, so is bullshit.

Thanks for listing another thing he failed to do.

Blame Jiggles. This is all his idea.

So you had time to make 300 spam posts (likely mostly trashy) but you couldn't come up with a decent idea to write up in 5 minutes for a whole month? Don't bullshit us by jumping on the excuse Jglass came up with for you which you already admitted wasn't accurate.

Nice follow through. I remember these factions. They flamed out quickly and were mostly used to build a long thread in the cage. I am not saying you could not do it. I don't think it is hard. I am just saying you sure have a curious way of selling yourself and you should quit spammin' it up singing your own praises while putting down others and add some substance to your campaign if this is something you really want to do. Talk is cheap, so is bullshit.

That's the point of spam -- I don't have to sit down and take my time for a well thought out post.

You're trying really hard to make a point, but you're failing. Nate, a WWE mod, said I'm more than active enough.

I like the smell of mod endorsement all over my campaign. Smells like... victory.

That's the point of spam -- I don't have to sit down and take my time for a well thought out post.

You're trying really hard to make a point, but you're failing. Nate, a WWE mod, said I'm more than active enough.

Nate and JGlass may have their points, but the one's you gotta get behind you are Sly and KB.

And my point is you have always preferred to make 10 not well-thought out posts instead of one well-thought out post. Why should that convince me you would be a good non-spam mod?

Nate, a WWE mod, said I'm more than active enough.

He also said there was no need for a mod in the section you want :shrug:

He also said there was no need for a mod in the section you want :shrug:

There's no need for someone to drive discussion. We could always use help cleaning up, Nick and I seem to be on a weird times so there's a few gaps of time without either of us (or D-Man who does just as much) where another pair of eyes would be helpful.

And my point is you have always preferred to make 10 not well-thought out posts instead of one well-thought out post. Why should that convince me you would be a good non-spam mod?

Not at all true. There were times where I would log on and make a bunch of great non-spam posts and log off. You're trying to argue something, while not knowing the facts.

Not at all true. There were times where I would log on and make a bunch of great non-spam posts and log off. You're trying to argue something, while not knowing the facts.

And there were 10 more times for each of those times that you did the opposite. Like today for instance. I see how busy your schedule has been. There is no possible way you could have posted in the WWE section :wtf:

What started all of this was Jglass repeatedly claiming there was a need for such a person and Crock was a great fit for such a role.

Well I sort of disagree with that. Nick and I post pretty regularly in the section but neither of us really create threads. There's no shortage of threads there and Jackhammer makes plenty of them. We're mostly clean up mods, and I have a tendency to disappear for a couple of days here and there. Crock is on like, every day.

It doesn't really matter to me though. Crock could be put anywhere and excel, he has the most important quality you need to be a mod; Common sense.

The way I see it, what section someone is running for is almost irrelavant. If I were still on staff I'd want someone who excels in at least two of these areas: personality, intelligence, work ethic, and vision. If there's one thing I learned while on staff it's that having a speciality is nice but at the end of the day we are a team that works and discusses things together. My picks to win - MTM, Coco, and Harthan - have all of these qualities I would look for in a staff member and each also has that X-Factor that makes me see them as mod material. Harthan has experience. Coco is popular and can bring change to the table. MTM is very responsible and easy to approach with issues, ideas, or a game of Littlebigplanet. All three would make excellent additions to the staff because they excel and they get what it takes to be on staff.

While at the end of the day a mod position is a glorified janitorial job with less respect, there is something to be said about those who feel like natural appointments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back