My Endorsement for the Election

JGlass

Unregistered User
I have been watching the elections from atop the ivory tower of the Board Room, and I have noticed one thing... nobody is making any noise.

Nobody, except Coco the Monkey.

"But JGlass," you say, "why should that matter? The best moderators aren't necessarily the most outspoken, right?

Wrong!

Look at the names we've had running the asylum around here: Y2Jake, IrishCanadian25, NorCal, Slyfox696. They are among the largest personalities we've ever had on this forum. Confident, outspoken, authoritative... these are just a few of the words you could use to describe some of the greatest mods of all time.

You don't get your name in bold face for knowing the rules. You don't get access to the Board Room for being smart. You don't get to be a moderator by being a people-pleaser. You get there by getting in faces, stepping on a few toes to display that you're not just worthy of being a mod, but being a mod is worthy of you.

Coco the Monkey doesn't waste time trying to be polite, nor does he tone himself down to avoid causing conflict. Coco the Monkey does, and he does it well.

There's nobody more worthy of being a mod than Coco the Monkey. Vote Coco this coming election.

And there are some who get the spot as a favor and stick. We get it, J. But the initial part of this thing is to gain support and numbers.

And this passionate and heartfelt speech isn't going to gain him more supporters... because?

I know the education system in Puerto Rico isn't anything to write home about... that is, if they even taught you how to write, but generally when you list qualities that someone has which qualifies them for a position, people will be more likely to acknowledge that said person is a good candidate for the job. It's why things like resumés exist. For instance, if I worked at a real restaurant and saw you worked at McDonalds, I'd be more likely to hire you than someone who had no experience at all.

Coco has what it takes to be a mod. You, and most of the other candidates, don't. It's as simple as that. A vote for Coco is a vote for a quality mod.

And this passionate and heartfelt speech isn't going to gain him more supporters... because?

I know the education system in Puerto Rico isn't anything to write home about... that is, if they even taught you how to write, but generally when you list qualities that someone has which qualifies them for a position, people will be more likely to acknowledge that said person is a good candidate for the job. It's why things like resumés exist. For instance, if I worked at a real restaurant and saw you worked at McDonalds, I'd be more likely to hire you than someone who had no experience at all.
You know, normally I don't give a shit about you making fun of me or where I'm from. But I'm not in a good mood. Funny how you ask if anyone taught me how to write. What I'm I doing now jackass? Puerto Rico's a cesspool, I know. I have a crappy job, I know. Then again, at least I'm not on the defensive 24/7 like you with a sense of entitlement because of a spot you were simply handed for knowing people.

Coco has what it takes to be a mod. You, and most of the other candidates, don't. It's as simple as that. A vote for Coco is a vote for a quality mod.
Well sure. I'll gladly take advice from the guy running a Hall Of Fame who was on "internship only" at first. What is it? I don't have the gall or the attitude? I don't have the popularity? Gimme a fucking break. I'll take my chances and work it out on my own. Or find advice from a guy who isn't a stuck up cunt.

JGlass earned a spot from Sly, for one, and impressed with his internship. It took him 6 months of being active to do what you and I have yet to do. Don't go down that road, you'll look like a jackass.

You know, normally I don't give a shit about you making fun of me or where I'm from. But I'm not in a good mood. Funny how you ask if anyone taught me how to write. What I'm I doing now jackass?

Typing.

Puerto Rico's a cesspool, I know. I have a crappy job, I know. Then again, at least I'm not on the defensive 24/7 like you with a sense of entitlement because of a spot you were simply handed for knowing people.

Yes, because Slyfox is happy to hand out moderation positions like candy to people with connections.

It seems you underestimate the dedication of our administrators to making this forum the best they possibly can. That doesn't sound like a team player to me.

Well sure. I'll gladly take advice from the guy running a Hall Of Fame who was on "internship only" at first. What is it? I don't have the gall or the attitude? I don't have the popularity? Gimme a fucking break. I'll take my chances and work it out on my own. Or find advice from a guy who isn't a stuck up cunt.

Funny thing about the "internship," it turned into a job. Was it because I was a shitty mod or a good one? The smart money says the good one.

You're reacting quite hostilely to someone who questioned you. Losing your cool like this is not a good quality for a mod. That's why I like Coco: he always keeps his cool.

Look at the names we've had running the asylum around here: Y2Jake, IrishCanadian25, NorCal, Slyfox696. They are among the largest personalities we've ever had on this forum. Confident, outspoken, authoritative... these are just a few of the words you could use to describe some of the greatest mods of all time.

You also have guys like JMT, Jack-hammer and Brain become mods. They are also confident and authoritative but not outspoken. Why? Because that is a quality you do not neccesarily need. It's an entertaining facet of Coco's personality but it won't help him become a good mod.

Here is what is going to happen with Coco as mod. More flame wars. More people leaving this forum never to return. We will lose some of our best posters.

Not really sure I agree with your assessment of how one gets to a be a mod. In fact, it's not really true in any circumstance other than this. Most of the time, mods are brought on because they're good posters and are dedicated to a section.

You also have guys like JMT, Jack-hammer and Brain become mods. They are also confident and authoritative but not outspoken. Why? Because that is a quality you do not neccesarily need. It's an entertaining facet of Coco's personality but it won't help him become a good mod.

Both Brain and jmt can be tremendously outspoken when the time comes.

I never said that one NEEDS those qualities to be a good mod, just that those qualities are indicators of whom would make a good mod.

Here is what is going to happen with Coco as mod. More flame wars. More people leaving this forum never to return. We will lose some of our best posters.

This is totally unfounded. When has Coco ever driven away posters? Which "best posters" would leave simply because Coco is a mod? I demand a list. Otherwise you look like a fool that's resorting to lying to get attention.

Typing.

Yes, because Slyfox is happy to hand out moderation positions like candy to people with connections.

It seems you underestimate the dedication of our administrators to making this forum the best they possibly can. That doesn't sound like a team player to me.

Funny thing about the "internship," it turned into a job. Was it because I was a shitty mod or a good one? The smart money says the good one.

You're reacting quite hostilely to someone who questioned you. Losing your cool like this is not a good quality for a mod. That's why I like Coco: he always keeps his cool.
It's the Bar Room. You do it. So can I. You got your spot. Great. I want to earn mine somehow. This election thing came by, so I'm going by it.

More like get bored and leave or stir drama. He's only done it in WZCW 3 times.

It's the Bar Room. You do it. So can I. You got your spot. Great. I want to earn mine somehow. This election thing came by, so I'm going by it.

I've never lost my cool a day in my life, I don't know what you're talking about.

You can go for it, but hopefully you make a serious attitude adjustment before you win. You are certainly not exhibiting qualities that make a good moderator.

I've never lost my cool a day in my life, I don't know what you're talking about.

You can go for it, but hopefully you make a serious attitude adjustment before you win. You are certainly not exhibiting qualities that make a good moderator.

We'll see, I guess.

Let's be honest with ourselves here. If Coco is a mod, he'll get tired of it in two weeks and stop doing everything he promised to do.

Both Brain and jmt can be tremendously outspoken when the time comes.

I never said that one NEEDS those qualities to be a good mod, just that those qualities are indicators of whom would make a good mod.

Outspoken isn't really the word that defines Coco. Brain and JMT are outspoken. Coco is a flamer. Brain and JMT do not flame or make personal attacks on posters. Coco lives on flaming and personal attacks. He is kind of like a poltergiest, feeding off and gaining strength from the drama on this forum.

This is totally unfounded. When has Coco ever driven away posters? Which "best posters" would leave simply because Coco is a mod? I demand a list. Otherwise you look like a fool that's resorting to lying to get attention.

Coco has had unneccesary flame wars with a lot of reputed posters on here. LSN, Hamler, Dragon Saga are just a few names in a long list. When he gets modded he will have the power to infract people who cross him. I just do not want to see a crossed line against their names.

Coco has had unneccesary flame wars with a lot of reputed posters on here. LSN, Hamler, Dragon Saga are just a few names in a long list. When he gets modded he will have the power to infract people who cross him. I just do not want to see a crossed line against their names.

1. Those 3 people are still here.

2. Don't you think the admins or g-mod's would do something about it if he started wrongly infracting people?

Outspoken isn't really the word that defines Coco. Brain and JMT are outspoken. Coco is a flamer. Brain and JMT do not flame or make personal attacks on posters. Coco lives on flaming and personal attacks. He is kind of like a poltergiest, feeding off and gaining strength from the drama on this forum.

You just said Brain and jmt aren't outspoken. You're flip flopping now?

Coco doesn't flame. He tells the cold, hard, truth. It's not his fault most of you aren't ready for it.

And LSN, Hamler, and Dragon Saga are all still here and thriving as posters.

Coco wouldn't infract people for no reason, and there's no reason to accuse him of potentially committing such an egregious crime. I might as well go ahead an accuse you of kicking ******ed kids in the nads simply because you have the ability to.

You just said Brain and jmt aren't outspoken. You're flip flopping now?

Coco doesn't flame. He tells the cold, hard, truth. It's not his fault most of you aren't ready for it.

You said that Coco was outspoken, isn't it so? He isn't outspoken, he is a flamer through and through. He cannot be compared to Brain and JMT. I was disagreeing with your definition of outspoken.

And no, you are wrong, Coco does flame. If he wanted to say the cold hard truth, he would have just said it once or twice and moved along. Nope. Once Coco enters a thread he keeps nagging a poster till he loses his cool. You know why? Because he freakin enjoys it. He is not some saviour of the forums, he just enjoys what he does. Unfortunately what he enjoys is downright creepy.

And LSN, Hamler, and Dragon Saga are all still here and thriving as posters.

Coco wouldn't infract people for no reason, and there's no reason to accuse him of potentially committing such an egregious crime. I might as well go ahead an accuse you of kicking ******ed kids in the nads simply because you have the ability to

I said people will leave. Read what I wrote. Or better still they may be forced to leave. Coco has said a number of times that the forums would be a better place without them. Let's hope that he does not try to act on that.

You said that Coco was outspoken, isn't it so? He isn't outspoken, he is a flamer through and through. He cannot be compared to Brain and JMT. I was disagreeing with your definition of outspoken.

And no, you are wrong, Coco does flame. If he wanted to say the cold hard truth, he would have just said it once or twice and moved along. Nope. Once Coco enters a thread he keeps nagging a poster till he loses his cool. You know why? Because he freakin enjoys it. He is not some saviour of the forums, he just enjoys what he does. Unfortunately what he enjoys is downright creepy.

I said people will leave. Read what I wrote. Or better still they may be forced to leave. Coco has said a number of times that the forums would be a better place without them. Let's hope that he does not try to act on that.

Holy shit why do you care so much, how fucking hideous are you? Five chins? Nipple on your forehead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back