My Endorsement for the Election

Yeah, it had to do with the fact that your endorsement was prejudiced and naive.

It was neither prejudiced nor naive. I provided more than enough reasoning for why I think Coco is a good candidate, and I have a proven track record within the Bar Room of backing good mods. In fact, I'd like to pat myself on the back for being the one that introduced Nate's name into the mod conversation, and he's proven to be a tremendous asset to the forums. The fact that you think you know how to pick a mod better than me is laughable.

So is your pronunciation of Hacksaw Jim "Doogan"

So is your ability to find the garden from a subway stop that lets out right in front of the arena.

Oh, I know, I'll walk in the opposite direction of the giant building that says TD Bank Garden on it.

It was neither prejudiced nor naive. I provided more than enough reasoning for why I think Coco is a good candidate, and I have a proven track record within the Bar Room of backing good mods. In fact, I'd like to pat myself on the back for being the one that introduced Nate's name into the mod conversation, and he's proven to be a tremendous asset to the forums. The fact that you think you know how to pick a mod better than me is laughable.

Great. Why are we having elections then? We can just let Classy JGlassy act as the judge, jury and the executioner. Get over yourself. Nate would have gotten the mod spot regardless of your backing. Kinda funny how Nate is more like any member of the ABC party than your beloved Coco.

Great. Why are we having elections then? We can just let Classy JGlassy act as the judge, jury and the executioner. Get over yourself. Nate would have gotten the mod spot regardless of your backing. Kinda funny how Nate is more like any member of the ABC party than your beloved Coco.

I disagree. Vehemently. It's funny you should say that, as earlier in this thread Nate posted his support for Coco as well.

Me? Get over myself? Motherfucker, I'm in a position to make an endorsement. I've been in the boardroom, and while I'm not usually one to toot my own horn, I like to think I've garnered a bit of respect from others on this forum.

I don't pretend to know everything, I'm not a psychic, I just gave a perfectly reasonable opinion and provided more than enough logic to support that opinion. However, a select few individuals took issue with my opinion and decided to ridicule me for it and try to shake my beliefs.

You talk about Coco flaming and trolling... maybe you need to take a long hard look in the mirror, Rattlesnake.

Coco has had unneccesary flame wars with a lot of reputed posters on here. LSN, Hamler, Dragon Saga are just a few names in a long list. When he gets modded he will have the power to infract people who cross him. I just do not want to see a crossed line against their names.

I'm not defending the idea of CoCo as a moderator, in fact, I'm against it. But this won't happen. None of us are permitted to infract based upon simply disliking someone, or getting into it with them. Could it be something someone like him may try just to push the line a little bit further? Maybe. But he won't get very far in doing so. In the end, we all have to follow the same rules as the rest, and enforce them as written. The fear of seeing someone with their name crossed out because of vindictiveness is unfounded & isn't going to happen. I've seen what happens when mods have tried.

I didn't ask for you to come in here and debate me. I made my endorsement and that was that.

I'm not speaking for Rattlesnake here, but you know how things go. If you bring an opinion, prepare to have it debated and discussed, especially within the Bar Room.

And on to other matters:

I would argue that the wrestling spam zone does need a mod. It's often a cluttered mess overflowing with threads that have been discussed a million times before. Basically, it's a dumping ground for threads that don't belong in any of the non-spam wrestling sections.

And why did they become dumped there in the first place? C'Mon, JGlass, I know you're just trying to provide reasoning for whom you're throwing your support behind, and I'm not here to bash it, or him. But many of the threads that have been "dumped" into the Wrestling Spam Zone are there because moderators put them there. So we'ld have a moderator to undermine what a section Mod or G-Mod has already done? It's a spam zone, the criteria for a thread requires far less. Why should we impose restrictions on what should and shouldn't be there, when by rule, the only true requirements are people don't flame & make prejudiced remarks? How hard is that for a collective effort of us to maintain? Why don't we just have him moderate the Bar as well, to, you know, ensure no tits or illegal streams are posted?

Coco could organize the section, make sure there aren't 5 threads on the first page that discuss the same topic. He can drive discussion and make sure the best threads stay on the top of the page.

Organize the section? It's a spam zone. If someone wants to post the most generic thread about the most generic topic, why shouldn't they be able to? What exactly is there to organize, and why should it be to one man's discretion as to what the "best threads" are? Heck, we don't do this in our own non-spam sections, we just make sure threads are on topic and not spam, contribute by starting threads, and drive discussion, and of course enforce the rules on flaming and the like. Even we don't "decide" what the "best" threads are, and we Mod non-spam zones. Why should there be someone determining 'best" threads in a spam zone, a zone where requirements are less? It's cluttered by the very nature of what it's there for- Threads that don't belong in the non-spam zone.

Furthermore, while spam rules don't apply to the spam zone, other ones certainly do. Coco will be there to make sure posts don't have prejudiced language, advertising, or flaming.

This truly is funny. You'ld suggest CoCo, who flames and starts issues with people more then anyone on this site, should be in charge of eliminating the things he's most guilty of? Laughable in statement, hypocritical in theory. I'm not calling you out in any way- I consider you a friend. But I couldn't disagree with you more here.

Slyfox loves flaming. Guess he's not fit to clean up the forums. And how about that xfear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back