• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The [Official] Royal Rumble General Discussion

It's really hard to pick the Rumble ATM. Too many imponderables. But we can rule out of a view. Edge is holding the belt till Mania, surely. So he won't be in it, and he can't win it. I'm 85 percent sure Cena will retain at Armageddon, so he won't win it either. Which leaves us with what? Well, we need to remember that there are 5 main event slots at Mania: two for the existing champs, two for the winners of the elimination chambers at No Way Out, and one of the winner of the Rumble. Which will give us one Triple Threat and one one-on-one.

Now, we've already included Edge and Cena. That leave us with 3 guys. Jeff Hardy simply has to be one of them. He deserves it purely by virtue of being so insanely over. So he could win the Rumble. Him and Edge in TLC would be incredible. I want it to happen. But I don't think it will. I can't see Triple H not booking himself into the picture. If he didn't, the most he could hope for would be jobbing to Undertaker again, or the brand supremacy match. No way will his ego take that. So a Triple Threat seems likely.

But the problem is that Raw seems likely to be heading for a Triple Threat as well, although god knows how. Cena, Jericho, Orton, and Batista are all in the picture. The problem is that Cena versus each of them has been done already. Mania 25 feels like it should have fresh matches. Batista versus Orton would be fresh, or it will be if the match at Armageddon doesn't end cleanly. So maybe this should be the title match. But I just don't see Cena dropping the belt. Or, if they go with a Triple Threat here, then they have to find a credible way to set this up. And what about Jericho? And surely we can't have TWO Triple Threats. Unless Triple H does the decent thing and gets his butt out of the way.

All this is really rambling, but at the end of it all I am calling Jeff Hardy to win the Royal Rumble. If he doesn't, then Orton may well do, with Triple H and Jericho as outside shots.

I think it's pretty difficult to not say that Jeff Hardy is going to be the 2009 Royal Rumble winner. He is being built to have this outrages fan appeal, and loved so much by the fans that at Wrestlemania he will be getting the gold. If he can stay clean and out of trouble, he is definately the guy that the fans want to see win the title. It reminds me of when Benoit and Eddie won their gold a couple years back. The fans were being built up to it and got what they were awaiting for.

I could definitely see Jeff Hardy win the Royal Rumble. If it's not this year, it's going to be one in the future. He is so over with the fans and he's at his peak right now. Unless he really screws up and fails another drug test he is going to win the championship. We all know it's coming. I called him winning the money in the bank match last year, possibly making the wwe championship match a fatal four way that same night and winning the whole damn thing, but that's neither here nor there. Having him win the royal rumble just seems to make the most sense for his "next" transition into pursuing the championship.

Then of course is Kane. He's dominated the match year after year and he hasn't been wwe champion in 10 years. He's a heel right now, which would definitely go against the whole trend of faces winning for countless years. He seems to be getting over a bit more now than he has in recent years, and I think with the change in entrance music and the possibility of the return of his mask (still hoping for that one) he may become the wrestler that he once was and become a fan favorite, heel or face regardless. Maybe it's finally his time to win you know?

Oh yeah and woot for first post!

What people are forgetting is that the winner can challenge for any world title on any of the three shows..even though i dont count the ecw title a legit world title, but anyways what i see is JEFF HARDY wins the rumble and challenges his brother matt for the ECW strap for a brother vs brother fued. This leaves smackdown and raw to have elimination chambers at the nwo ppv.

So much for our Royal Rumble Jeff Hardy theory with the Royal rumble being the next PPV. I would have rather had the bulid up up to WM and Hardy wining the title then but Im happy he got the title now

I'm going with Jericho wining it. It the only thing he hasn't won in WWE. Plus he's job twice to cena now and clean. So he wont get another title shot at rumble. So he left with nothing to basicly do at the rumble. He could win the rumble and challenge Hardy at Wrestlemania.

I got a feeling that neither hardy or edge will be in the rr since they will have a match on the ppv and the same goes for orton, batista and cena. So I think the final 6 will be as follows, three young guns and 3 older guys, I think that john morison will finnaly get a push in the rumble, not win but last over 30 mins and eliminating a fair share of people, I think that cody rhodes will make it to the final three of the rumble and come so close to winning but yet so far. For the old dudes I believe that HHH will make top six, not win the event but make it to the final two, I believe HBK will be sixth place and get eliminated by john morison who super kicks the icon out of the ring and gains major credibility. Undertaker will be the wild card in all of this and it will look that hes got the win till kane runs into the ring and disposes of him setting up another kane undertaker fued to take place in WM. The winner of this years rumble will be none other then jack swagger, heres my opinion, he's rising up the card like lesner did and he has simmular looks and skills and it would be a smart idea to move him to raw and add some credibilty to the youth on this show as well as give cena a fresh oponet that he hasnt faced 10000000000 times.

I think that Orton will be the one to face Cena. The matches to determine the fatal four way elimination match for the No. 1 contendership are as follows:

Kane vs. Shawn Michaels
JBL vs. Rey Mysterio
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
Batista vs. Randy Orton

Looking at that list, I think Kane'll go over Shawn Michaels, because of something to do with JBL, I don't see JBl cming close to getting a shot, so Rey over JBL. CM Punk will win, just to spite Jericho and prevent him from getting another shot at the title at RR. And I think that Orton'll go over Batista. Because I think Orton will win the match, and will go on to challenge Cena at RR, coming close but not winning the actual match.

As for the actual Royal Rumble match, I think the Final Four will be Jericho, Michaels, Taker and.... MVP. MVP will win the whole thing by surprising Taker and throwing him out just as Taker thinks he's won. And since he won the Royal Rumble, he's WON A MATCH!!!! And he gets out of the losing streak, and goes on a winning streak, which will end with him facing the champ at Mania, and finally winning the title.

The MVP idea is totally way out of left field and something WWE could potentially try if they're no longer soured on MVP's in-ring work but I think it is simply too good to be true. My initial prediction to win the Rumble, as I am sure it was the prediction of many others as well was Jeff Hardy but since he is already champion, that might be out of the plan. It is completely impossible to correctly predict a win from a talent pool of over a dozen legitimate main eventers and considering we have no idea what the SmackDown title picture scene is anymore, it becomes even harder to predict. Will Jeff even still be champion by WM? Will he be the challenger? Hell, he might even get thrown into MITB at the last minute if he's not in the title match.

Mr. Kennedy might make a strong showing in the Rumble, possibly even end up in the final four but I don't think they'll give him the win. Jericho has already had two recent title reigns so he's out of the question. Who's left with a chance? Not Punk, he's destined for IC gold. Not Mysterio, he's already won it and WWE seems to no longer see him as a main eventer. Benjamin isn't ready. Umaga is due to return but his character winning the Rumble would be confusing and turn people away, especially the kids. The Great Khali is purely comedic shtick. Miz & Morrison are tag champs. Jack Swagger is an ECW guy and they won't waste a Rumble win on an ECW guy, no matter how much into him they are. Creative has soured on R-Truth. The Brian Kendrick doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell, which is sad really. Guy is a great heel. I could go on and on about who won't win, but there are a few obvious choices who may win.

Namely Batista and Orton. Hell, either one may be the final two depending on which one gets the World title match at the Rumble. If it's Batista/Cena at the Rumble, Orton wins the actual Rumble match and vice versa but, considering it is the 25th anniversary of Wrestlemania, Orton is still young and has many Manias ahead of him, whereas Batista does not, I think they'll go with Batista. Cena retains the title against Orton, Batista takes the Rumble (le sigh.)

Final two? Batista and HHH, I'm betting. Final four? Batista, HHH, Jericho and Edge. HHH eliminates Jericho and Batista eliminates Edge, or vice-versa. Undertaker will probably get eliminated by Umaga in the Rumble match to set up for their likely Mania match. JBL will find a way to force Michaels to eliminate himself, which will be funny, then someone else eliminates JBL and he will blame Michaels somehow.

I can see The Brian Kendrick being the number one entry into the Rumble and having a strong showing until come big main event guy comes down and eliminates him. This year's Rumble should be exciting. Look at all the names you have. I think there are well over thirty guys I'd like to see in the match itself but unfortunately, some won't make the cut but hopefully, they will be in title matches on the rest of the card.

Ok i could be completly wrong but i still think jeff hardy will be in the rumble and win it. Yes he has the belt now but hear me out... I think this friday on smackdown vickie will come out and strip hardy of the belt due to the interference of his brother and koslov. Yes there is no DQ in a triple threat but she pulled the same stuff with undertaker. I think she will then deny him another chance which is where he wins the rumble and gets the belt back at mania. This would also be a great way for him and edge to start a good fued.

In my opinion I think we see either Randy Orton winning the Rumble or an ECW new comer. I like the previous statement of Jack Swagger winning the rumble and taking on Matt Hardy or whoever the ECW champion is at the time.

The title matches at the Rumble I see as Edge vs Jeff Hardy for the WWE Title and i know it seems repetetive, but I see it being JBL vs Cena for the World Heavyweight title. JBL will make his way into the fatal four way for the number one contender shot, and his "business opportunity" for HBK will be HBK laying down for him in the fatal four way. This would lead to HBK costing him the match at the rumble and a JBL HBK feud to continue in the future.

So this leaves us with HHH, Batista, Jericho, CM Punk, Orton, Undertaker, Kane, HBK, Mysterio. Its gonna be a good one. I see the final four being Orton, Undertaker, another member of the Legacy, and Batista.

I'm quite disappointed with the whole Hardy thing. They've been teasing a title reign for years and everyone knew that he was going to win the title at some point. I was hoping that he would win the Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber at No Way Out (pending) or the money in the bank but instead he wins the title at a mediocre ppv. So much for that wrestlemania moment. Good for him, but now as to who wins the rumble, I couldn't even say. I feel like it might be Randy Orton. Way I see it, he'll win it, probably win the World Heavyweight Championship (or possibly the WWE Championship and move back to Smackdown) and start another "reign of terror." Maybe with this title reign, he can finally establish a much larger stable of young "legacy" wrestlers, including guys like DH Smith, TJ Wilson (both will undoubtedly jump onto the main roster one of these days), Snuka, and possibly even Neidhart. Dibiase will return, and the entire group will run rampant on the WWE, taking the championships and asserting dominance. I'd love to see that.

I feel like it's a heel time to win the rumble. and well there aren't many good heels left because edge just recently won the title and if he wins the rumble and wins the title back at mania what was the poitn of dropping it. jericho jsut had to runs and there should be heels challenging it now not more faces. orton as already had 1 and a half feuds with cena. adn him goign to smackdown would be jsut pointless. so this leads to my conclusion.

Kane will be the winner of this years royal rumble. why? because 1) he is a heel, 2) he has dominated the rumble and it would just be stupid if teh dominaters never get the wins at rumbles and you let peopel like cm punk win it ( he hasn't but probably will). like batista he should win the royal rumble. he could face cena. and this could be good. giant killer vs gaint. champion vs monster at wrestlemania. And this could also mean that for once the royal rumble winner doesn't win the title at mania.

I no it would be a boring match but still kane deserves it.

royalrumbe09.jpg

Do not just list cards. Give reasons.

Royal Rumble 25th January 2009

Well, I thought I would make the official Royal Rumble pay per view discussion thread since nobody has yet. It's usually one of the best pay per views of the entire year and I personally can't wait for it. The promotional poster is decent but nothing special.

Apart from the Royal Rumble match itself, I expect John Cena to defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Chris Jericho in some sort of gimmick match to end their feud. I say this because Batista is busy feuding with Orton, Punk is busy chasing the IC title, HBK is busy feuding with JBL, and Rey is busy with Knox. So it really only leaves Jericho.

I see Jeff Hardy defending the WWE title against Triple H or the Big Show. I really have no idea what's going to happen there. Edge vs Hardy seems too good for the Rumble and Hardy vs Triple H has been done 10 times already. It certainly is an interesting situation, especially because many expect Jeff to lose the title here.

I can see Matt Hardy defending his ECW Championship against either Vladimir Kozlov or Jack Swagger. Probably Swagger actually, seeing as the WWE likes to take risks with the Royal Rumble pay per view in terms of championship matches and contenders.

CM Punk vs William Regal for the Intercontinental Title is a good possibility and could be a good match, if given enough time. I hope this happens at the pay per view rather than on Raw as the Rumble needs decent matches apart from the World title matches.

I also expect a Melina vs Beth Phoenix match for the Womens Title as Melina seems to be ready for a title shot and Beth hasn't defended the title in months. The match just seems fresh for some unknown reason.

It should be a good pay per view and I hope many big names are in the Rumble match itself.

Jeff Hardy v. Edge/Big Show- WWE Title: I'm assuming Edge will use his rematch clause for the Royal Rumble or if he decides to use it early, Vickie will name Big Show as the #1 contender.

CM Punk v. Regal- Intercontential Title: Since Punk and Regal didn't wrestle each other on RAW, I assume they will do it here provided Punk doesn't decide to use it before then. This match will be one of the best on the card as their styles compliment each other well. It probably won't be given the time it should have considering the other championship matches

Matt Hardy v. Jack Swagger- ECW Title: Matt Hardy has had a decent run as the champ and I think it's time to see what Swagger can do in a championship match...He is becoming a solid performer and I believe these do can put on a solid 10-minute match...Hopefully this is not the opening match because Hardy has been opening a lot of pay-per-views as of late.

Melina v. Beth Phoenix- Women's Championship: These two have a good feud before Melina got injured and she has been good since her return. Beth hasn't done anything as of late and a Melina win will hopefully rekindle the women's division.

John Cena v. JBL- WHC Tilte: Why JBL you ask? I expect JBL, HBK, Orton, and Jericho to win their respective matches and compete in the fatal four way. Since HBK is working for JBL, I predict JBL will order HBK to help him win...This is your traditional filler match for the Royal Rumble like Edge/Mysterio last year. These two aren't great together but have put on some decent matches in the past provided most were gimmick matches.

Royal Rumble: Before Survivor Series I would have said Edge or Hardy would win but things are getting a bit complicated. This would probably be the match before the Rumble and Edge is probably going to use his rematch there....The most likely choice left is Randy Orton but a surprise choice is John Morrison...He has the ability and the mic skills to be a decent champion...He will stay heel unless John Cena loses the title to either Jericho or JBL.

MVP's gonna win the rumble. How? Ok its down to MVP, Michaels and Undertaker. Michaels starts beating up on MVP (keep in mind Michaels is still heal because of the JBL storyline), so people start chanting for MVP. MVP gets up and behind him is UT by the ropes. MVP ducks from sweat Chin Music last minute, and SCM hits UT over the top rope, so that sets up Michaels and Taker. Now the crowd really gets behind MVP. Michaels and MVP beat each other up and MVP delievers a running boot to Michaels (whos by a rope) and both men go over, but MVP hangs on, or UT comes out of no where and pulls on Michaels. Whys MVP going to win? The losing streak has gone on way to long, so its obviously I think a storyline with him overcoming all the losses and his real life problems (jail time, robbing and kidnapping), and he will be the winner. The man has to much damn talent (both ring and mic) to not get a HUGE reward for doing this losing streak gimmick. The man said a comment to a drug tester, ok punish him for a week or two. This is not a punishment with what there doing IMO, as Jeff Hardy who has failed TWICE, and passed out on an airplane :beer: is a champ, and MVP has failed a drug test 0 times. MVP beat Hardy at SS cleanly, so he can also use that by saying he could beat him or any current champ. I dont think he will challenge Jeff at WM (I think its gonna be Jeff vs Matt title vs title extreme rules match, but if it's not going to be that then this sets up Jeff vs MVP at WM), but maybe Cena (if hes champ) and beat Cena. WWE knows if this were just a punishment (the loosing streak), he could jump ship to TNA and become a HUGE star there. There are to many reasons why I think this is to make MVP a bigger star, and like others said his first win will be the rumble match. :thumbsup:

Ahh, the Rumble. I do so love it. It's generally my favorite PPV of the year. I'm expecting 5 matches including the Rumble, given the last 4 Rumbles all featured five, excepting one with 6 featuring a two minute bout with Boogeyman vs JBL which we will, for all purposes, ignore entirely. So, 5 matches. I believe I may have posted some predictions elsewhere, but a lot of my thoughts have changed since. Anyhow, the two world titles are a given, so let's get those out of the way.

John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship

I was thinking either JBL or Mysterio here, but I decided it probably would not be JBL as they're more likely to utilize JBL vs HBK here. So, given that Rey Mysterio was thrown into the same situation last year, being the pre WM filler for Edge as 'Taker was occupied with the Rumble and NWO, I don't see why Cena vs Mysterio is out. Now, it is a face vs face match up, but given this is the Rumble I think they could use it, as, like I said, it's pretty much just a filler match.

Jeff Hardy vs. the Undertaker for the WWE Championship

Because I believe 'Taker is better served putting Hardy over than competing in the Rumble again. Jeff vs 'Taker is a match that will sell this PPV big even on top of the Rumble itself, but it's not really a WM match given the situation in the Hardy angle with HHH/Edge. A clean victory over 'Taker for Hardy gives him mad credibility as champion and will help build him up to potentially main eventing WrestleMania. I'm not positive how they'll set this up, but I think maybe one final Edge vs 'Taker qualifier match might do it. However, I wonder about setting up Edge vs 'Taker as it might stir the feud. But it's been awhile and I think the feud is cold enough to pull out a TV match. It also puts Edge and Triple H into the Rumble itself, as it seems like that's where they're headed with it.

So we're probably gonna two undercard matches as well. I'm expecting an ECW Title defense and HBK vs JBL.

Shawn Michaels vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

We've got 5 more Raws before the Rumble, I believe, or maybe its four, but either way it's plenty of time to turn this angle into HBK vs. JBL instead of them working together or whatever. A decent opener to the Rumble, anyhow. Not much to say for it, really. It won't be anything great or worth remembering, but, y'know. It's a match.

Matt Hardy vs. Vladimir Koslov

Again, not much justification needed for this. Koslov has a clean pin on Hardy and is clearly being sent towards the ECW Title. So undefeated Koslov beats out Hardy for the title. Possible this would be a gimmick match, ECW style, but doubtful.

And now, the Rumble itself...

2009 Royal Rumble

So I see basically three contenders coming out of this. Randy Orton, Edge, and Triple H. Orton is the only man off of Raw I can see winning this, and setting up Orton vs Cena at WM, with the potential addition of Batista in a Triple Threat. I'm not entirely sure about Orton, however, because they did basically the same match last year except for Triple H being in the Triple Threat. So not positive on it. Triple H is another choice, but once again, given how many times we've seen Jeff Hardy vs Triple H on PPV, I highly doubt it. So, really, my true pick is Edge. Edge vs Hardy seems to be where they plan on going with this, and I'm excited about the possibility. Given there hasn't been a singles match between these two since the somewhat weak SNME main event, and definitely well built as a championship match is potentially an enormous main event. So, Edge is my overall pick to win the Royal Rumble and go on to challenge at WM.

I won't list a card, but I'll give my thoughts on who should win the Rumble, that being the most important part, obviously. I'd give the win to Stone Cold Steve Austin. Why I hear you cry? Well, because I just thought of it off the top of my head, happy? If Austin is in the right physical condition, then he SHOULD be a part of WrestleMania 25, and why not go for the title? Last night, might aswell. Have him face Cena, beat him, who cares. He'll have the title and retire on the same night, then at Backlash there can be a tournement to see who is the new champion.

Don't rip into it, because I'll end up changing my mind in about 5 minutes, but meh.

I won't list a card, but I'll give my thoughts on who should win the Rumble, that being the most important part, obviously. I'd give the win to Stone Cold Steve Austin. .

I think you're wrong, but I do think there is a strong possiblity that he will be involved. Every year there is a suprise return at the Royal Rumble. Often, it is someone crap like Haku or The Godfather, but every now and again we get a treat like Superfly. I think this year's suprise will be Austin, who will be eliminated by some heelish means which will set up a match at Wrestlemania, but I have no idea who with at this stage.

Other typical Rumble spots include the monster eliminating about 9 people. I see this honour going to a returning Umaga, or if he isn't back, Kane will get his classic spot and the comedy 20 second elimination. If this doesn't happen to Santino I'll eat my hat.

As for the title match, I think Cena will retain against a randomer in a one PPV feud, maybe JBL who'll get there thanks to Michaels. The same goes for Jeff, with all of the big guns going into the RR match itself, with the Big Show being a possible. Even though the RR is a top 4 ppv, I foresee poor title match-ups so that the bigger names go in the rumble.

Raw announced that the 4 winners of their respective matches would be placed in a Fatal Fourway to determine who could challenge Cena at the Royal Rumble, and if I remember correctly, the matches were:

Batista/Orton
Jericho/Punk
HBK/Kane
JBL/Mysterio

Clearly, Punk is not making it. He is only thrown in there because there isn't another former world champion on Raw. I can't see Mysterio challenging Cena, nor can I see JBL or HBK, as I too agree that HBK/JBL will happen at the Rumble (unless Orton/Batista wins the Royal Rumble and we have HBK/JBL at No Way Out rather than in an Elimination Chamber). I think it'll most likely come down to either Kane or Jericho getting the title shot. Clearly Cena is going to retain no matter what, and I can't see anybody other than Batista or Orton challenging him at WrestleMania, so one of them needs to be in the Royal Rumble as they have the most likely chance at winning it.

Since I didn't read any spoilers for Smackdown and I have no clue what the situation is for who is challenging Hardy, I'm sticking to my guns that I'm really hoping we don't get HHH gaining the WWE title at WrestleMania. He doesn't need it. He should be involved in the McMahon storyline instead and leave it to be Edge/Hardy. Overall, since Hardy has now won the WWE title, and that throws an enormous wrench into the general prediction, it seems like the only choices for Royal Rumble winners could possibly be Batista (hope not), Orton, Edge, and HHH (REALLY hope not).

It's still too early for me to make any match predictions for the entire PPV, but a while back, I did my Wrestlemania 25 prediction, and had Kane winning the Rumble, mostly becasue I thought he deserved a good push...

Now, in the aftermath of RAW, it looks like Kane is getting that push, so I'm goign to stick with him winning the Rumble. I don't see Cena or Hardy losing the belts just yet, and maybe Punk beats Regal, but that should be it for the titles...

There are a few guys that may make an impression in the Rumble match...

Miz - Got flattened by Kane on RAW...Maybe tries to settle a vendetta
Kofi - Got a push with the IC belt and tag belt, gets a pop, needs something to keep the roll going
'Taker & HBK - If WWE is going to push this for 'Mania, it needs to start here...again...

Orton or Batista to win the Rumble, easily. I mean...is anyone else even a slight option at this time?? Anyone?? *crickets chirping* nah, not really. I think Anti-Hero Orton winning and a showdown with super man Czena at WM25 could be absolutely epic. Its two different walks of life, two different sects of fans, all clashing for the highest prize in the game. Add to that these two havent really ever had a bad match together. Orton begins to look strong here, being further built all the way up til Mania.

So itll probably be Cena Vs JBL, with JBL being aided by HBK, to further their feud, which god can only hope. ends by NWO, so we can have the HBK-Taker showdown. So hopefully HBK turns on him during the WWE title match, then JBL dicks him over back during the RUmble match, followed by the blowoff at NWO. Cena retains when HBK SCM's JBL in a return to facedom.

It also appears Edge will get his rematch. Hopefully Hardy retains, as there is something much bigger for them waiting at Mania, and I feel this could be the Mania capper.

I think Anti-Hero Orton winning and a showdown with super man Cena at WM25 could be absolutely epic. Its two different walks of life, two different sects of fans, all clashing for the highest prize in the game. Add to that these two havent really ever had a bad match together. Orton begins to look strong here, being further built all the way up til Mania.

I think a Cena/Orton showdown at 'Mania would definitely be a great match, with the huge build-up to who hits their finisher first, with Orton trying the "punt" (it needs a name...badly), and Cena getting the STFU on Orton as a good, suspenseful build-up...However, I think it'll either be a greatly epic match, or it will be just a mix of all their past matches, and fall flat...

...HBK SCM's JBL in a return to facedom.

I'd love to see HBK go face quick...But, I'm hoping aligning with JBL for any amount of time hasn't hurt him with the masses...I know it's a short alignment, and that it'll be over, and HBK will be the face he's supposed to be, but will a lot of fans turn their backs, considering more people loathe JBL, than love HBK...

Maybe he doesn't go face yet, and they use his connection to JBL to set up his match with Undertaker at 'Mania...It'd be incredibly ******ed, but we've seen worse. Maybe 'Taker, JBL, and HBK are the last three at the Rumble, and the Deadman eliminates JBL, and HBK retaliates for his "boss" and takes out 'Taker...

I'm not saying I'd like it...I'm just thinking out loud...

Don't kill me for it

You know what i miss? When guys used to have to compete for the #30 spot in the Rumble. It was pretty much guaranteed that they wouldn't win it, but it was usually someone with a lot of momentum and could lay some smack down. But now the #30 spot has lost all of it's significance imo. It was great when 'Taker won from #30 last year, mainly because he'd never won it before, but because someone FINALLY won after drawing the last entry, but then they went and had the #30 entrat win it again the very next year, which was a shit idea imo. I know that was the whole shock Cena return, but to have #30 win 2 years in a row after 20 years of no one ever winning it with that number kinda ruined the whole allure of the number.

But, hey i guess it doesn't really matter.

I for some reason see Cena defending against Kane at RR, mainly because he needs to face a heel and Kane is the only one not involved in a proper storyline, although god knows what's going on with JBL and HBK. And then, furthermore, who knows what's going to happen with this Kane/Kelly Kelly angle either, unless she confesses she loves Cena or something (but that's more likely going to end up being Kofi or Punk imo, coz he attacked during their title rematch, except Kane attacked Miz, who Kelly later revealed is NOT who she was talking about). If Kane does challenge Cena it would also be pretty stupid because Kane has NEVER beaten Cena, so the fuck would think he would this time around? Jericho is another option i guess, but are they really going to give us Jericho/Cena 3? If so, it better be a gimmick match.

Jeff is most likely going to face Edge and Matt will probably defend against Koslov with HHH running in to cost Koslov the title much like Sunday night.

As for the Rumble itself, it's got to go to Eith Batista or Orton, surely. I mean who else is there in the Main Event category that you can honestly see winning the Rumble? Maybe Big Show? If he's even in it, that is. But it's been nearly 10 years since a heel won the Rumble (unless you count Batista, which i don't because he was tweening at that point), so maybe it IS time that a heel won the Rumble itself, although the Rumble is supposed to be the beginning of a fan favourite's climb to glory at the greatest stage of them all, allowing the fans to get behind them as well, which obviously wouldn't work with a heel, because the fans wouldn't want him to win the title......... unless of course, it's Orton.

My pick to win the 2009 RR match is Randy Orton, and i'm going to stick with that pick, regardless of wht happens between now and the PPV (unless he doesn't get in it for some reason)

Jesus, everyone is looking 2 step ahead, everyone jeese take a step back and realise whats goin on, JERICHO will win royal rumble, Why do i think, think about it jericho came back to "save us" he saved us now he is saving himself, Jericho winning the royal rumble will be the tip of his carrer, think about this, it will fit in so well with the hbk/y2j story also because jericho is jealous of hbk for his acheivements ect, JERICHO HAS NEVER WON A RUMBLE AND HBK HAS, this will cap off jerichos year very nicely, plus he wont be in the tittle match a royal rumble because thats were orton gets his shot, either orton or jbl will get the shot at royal rumble, but Jericho winning the royal rumble,

If my theory is wrong then this royal rumble winner will be someone who nobody thought would win it, someone like TBK or helms or carlito or someone like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back