Who is your pick to win the 2017 Royal Rumble Match?

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
Personally my pick to win the Royal Rumble assuming they keep him off of WWE TV until the Royal Rumble would be The Demon Finn Balor with him as a surprise entrant but then knowing the WWE it won't be a surprise knowing how the Internet is now we all would know that he is a surprise entrant and if he doesn't win it then people would start booing the event like how they did in 2014 and 2015

But if AJ Styles is no longer WWE World Champion by the Royal Rumble then Styles would be my pick to win the Rumble or have it be someone who the WWE universe wouldn't expect to win it...imagine if an NXT guy like let's say Samoa Joe, Nakamura, Bobby Roode or Austin Aries were to win the Rumble Match in his main roster debut could you imagine?

I have 4 choices, the first one i also think it could be Finn Balor, the WWE will push him one way or another, Seth Rollins could be another possibility, he is a strong candidate to main event Wrestlemania, Dean Ambrose is another one of my picks, or if he looses the title before the Rumble it could be Kevin Owens......

I'd say Randy Orton. Orton hadn't been world champ in over 2 years. Since then, he's put over The Shield, Reigns, Rollins, Sheamus, lost to Brock.

Now he's feuding with Bray, probably through the rest of the year. Then, he should come in RR on fire. Meanwhile RAW could determine their #1 contender at the February PPV.

Cena. They're building up him equalling Flair's title reigns. They're not having him do that on any show but Mania.

Wins Rumble, loses title opportunity through nefarious means, wins title opportunity back, wins title.

Cena. They're building up him equalling Flair's title reigns. They're not having him do that on any show but Mania.

Wins Rumble, loses title opportunity through nefarious means, wins title opportunity back, wins title.

This is the whole scenario that makes sense, specially since they are building this "Cena's not the same" story. He needs to prove otherwise and prove that "Humble, Loyalty and Respect" always prevails.

The only reason why he may not win it, it's because of his status. In othet words, he can always get a shot without the Rumble. After all, he's John Cena. Also, the winner gets to choose between the WWE Championship and the Universal Title right? So se could easily see a Bray Wyatt win and a challenge for the RAW Championship.

As of right now, this are the most likely:
- John Cena
- Seth Rollins
- Brock Lesnar

The rest is justo a huge bet. Balor included, because he does havê a rematch clause.

Not Finn Balor. He was on the main roster for 30 seconds when he was given a world title. I"m definitely not ready for him to main event Wrestlemania. Is he great? Absolutely. That's not the issue. I just don't want him in the main event and mania.

Is there anyone built up enough to main event mania? I don't see it. There are really only 3 choices. John Cena, Seth Rollins or AJ Styles if he's not WWE champion at the rumble.

Every year, I pick Chris Jericho, and 2017 will be no different. I also think he should win the next Money In The Bank ladder match, since he did “create” it after all.

The 2017 Royal Rumble winner will probably be someone no one saw coming. Someone who hasn’t been WWE Universal / World Champion yet. I could see something along the lines of having 2 SuperStars in the ring, lights go out, lights come back on and both SuperStars are out on the floor, with Bray Wyatt standing in the ring alone, and declared the winner.

This is one year I don't care really, as long as the choice is fresh and leads up to something good at Mania.

They have lots of talent in the same spot: Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Owens, Wyatt, Styles. The winner has to be the one that breaks out of these names and the top singles star.

Crazy booker me, would love a heel Roman Reigns winning. Imagine the heat. Then he goes on and beats 16-time champ John Cena at Wrestlemania. He destorys Cena with multiple spears. Again, imagine the heat. Tremendous heel heat. Plus he becomes the first wrestler to win the rumble as a heel and also walk out of Wrestlemania with the title.

Crazy booker me, would love a heel Roman Reigns winning. Imagine the heat. Then he goes on and beats 16-time champ John Cena at Wrestlemania. He destorys Cena with multiple spears. Again, imagine the heat. Tremendous heel heat. Plus he becomes the first wrestler to win the rumble as a heel and also walk out of Wrestlemania with the title.

This scenario would be awesome. Though impossible because turning Reigns heel seems to already be as futile as turning Cena heel awhile back. Funny too, because in beating Cena you've already gotten a starting point for cheers, since most of the time it is cheered by at least a portion of the audience. This would eventually lead back to a face run for Reigns.

This scenario would be awesome. Though impossible because turning Reigns heel seems to already be as futile as turning Cena heel awhile back. Funny too, because in beating Cena you've already gotten a starting point for cheers, since most of the time it is cheered by at least a portion of the audience. This would eventually lead back to a face run for Reigns.

Last week's Smackdown, when Ambrose DDTed Cena, he got booed. Edge rarely got cheered against Cena. I remember in 2006, Cena's top booed out of arenas year, Edge got the crowd to cheer Cena. Cena was also over as a face against Batista in 2010 as well.

My point? If you are a good heel, the crowd will cheer for Cena. Plus a storyline where Roman rejects the fans for rejecting him, with Cena saying that the fans have rejected him for a decade, but he never turnt his back on them, could be awesome. No way fans cheer Roman. Cena seems to have the nostalgia/legend factor with him these days, meaning that he has the crowd's respect and they are happy to see him.

Last week's Smackdown, when Ambrose DDTed Cena, he got booed. Edge rarely got cheered against Cena. I remember in 2006, Cena's top booed out of arenas year, Edge got the crowd to cheer Cena. Cena was also over as a face against Batista in 2010 as well.

My point? If you are a good heel, the crowd will cheer for Cena. Plus a storyline where Roman rejects the fans for rejecting him, with Cena saying that the fans have rejected him for a decade, but he never turnt his back on them, could be awesome. No way fans cheer Roman. Cena seems to have the nostalgia/legend factor with him these days, meaning that he has the crowd's respect and they are happy to see him.

I agree here. Cena has been garnering respect lately for putting guys over in a more obvious way then in the past...and also at least from me personally due to his performance in the ring feeling as good as it ever has (adding new moves, etc).

Roman has none of that going for him. He is the most hated man in the Fed and will basically turn anyone face against him including a Bulgarian "brute" who once came out to the old Soviet Union anthem and dedicating his matches to Putin.

I'm going left-field and saying Daniel Bryan. They're going somewhere with this story and it won't be towards a 1 on 1 match with Miz, it'll be something much bigger and surprising.

I'm going to go out of left field too and say that Sami Zayn should be the favourite to win the Royal Rumble this year. And this all comes down to the fact that I firmly believe that Kevin Owens will be holding the Universal Championship at WrestleMania next year. With Triple H as his mentor, I really think that this will be the makings of Kevin Owens and he will have a decent reign until Mania at the least. So with that being said, I really think that Operation Zayn will take full effect at the Rumble and we'll have the final showdown between Owens and Zayn.

I have a feeling that Cena will be up against The Undertaker at WrestleMania next year and I don't really believe that either of those two will be holding the WWE Championship at Mania. The WWE seem desperate to put this match together. So whilst I do think that Cena is a great choice to win the Rumble, given that they seem intent on giving him that final reign to match Flair, there's plenty of time to accomplish that but this might be the final time to make Taker versus Cena happen.

I'll freely admit that Zayn is a huge underdog right now, given that he can't make any headway on Raw. But I do believe that the WWE has faith in him and want to give him the slow build treatment like they did with Daniel Bryan. I have to believe that the Rumble will be the watershed moment for the underdog and he'll go onto have a great match with Owens at Mania.

Right at this moment I have 2 major thoughts on who will win the Rumble.

Finn Balor: While I have officially established him as my least favorite wrestler, I do think him winning the Rumble to take on Owens or Rollins makes the most sense as a Mania main event. Would be hilarious to see a guy win the Royal Rumble after only wrestling 3(?) matches on the main show. Don't think that's ever happened before, correct me if I'm wrong

John Cena: This is the way I think they'll have to go, Finn's injury might keep him out an extra month or so, and Cena if anything deserves it at this moment. If they still have AJ as champ heading into the Rumble I feel fully confident picking Cena as the winner to get his win back at Mania for the record tying 16th world title win.

All of that being said, I must throw in a few honorable mentions

Owens: If he loses the belt I could see them having him win the Rumble and going into Mania to win it back

Reigns: I feel like at this point they'll be done "punishing" Reigns and very well might have him win it to take on Rollins at Mania? Maybe Ambrose?

Sami Zayn: If Owens is still champ, and Balor isn't back in time I could see them going this route. Not saying I'm a fan of the idea, but it could set up a big Mania match (last man standing?)

Yup, pretty much what I think.

I said in an earlier thread that John Cena will, at least, equal Ric Flair's 16 World Championship wins and WrestleMania seems like the only place where it goes down. Whether you like Cena or not, tying Flair would be historic and WrestleMania is the biggest show of the year, so it all just seems to fit.

I expect AJ Styles will still be champ by then and Cena has yet to score a 1 on 1 victory over Styles, so WrestleMania just seems like the ideal stage for Cena to earn retribution and make history in one fell swoop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back