RAW LD 8/17/2015

Nothing at all. Just have him partner with Stardust instead of King Barrett. King Barrett doesn't really fit in. Miz as the snobby, delusional "movie star" does.

I read something that wasn't there.

I thought you meant Miz should have been King of the Ring.

Miz would have been much better than Barrett in the feud.

With him busy in the IC feud though I imagine it wasn't an option.

Plus I think they're using him against Big Show to help promote Big Show's movie in an "actor" vs. "actor" thing.

If he wasn't in that feud though, it would definitely make sense to have him tag with Stardust.

The Bellas are the faces here aren't they. WWE really thinks we want to cheer for the Bellas.

I know I say WWE is delusional at times but this is bad even for them.

So dumb. I knew going into the match that Nikki would be the "face" and that Sasha would win with interference.

Laughably backwards.

Sasha should wrestle face there, and given that probably 75% of the vrowd wants her to win.....if she does it should be "face-like". Otherwise, let Nikki win after interference, while Sasha looks strong.

I still don't understand why they changed Barrett's gimmick at all. The Bad News thing was over, there was no reason to kill it.

Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Edge and Brock Lesnar all won KOTR and didn't have a King gimmick. They are the greatest KOTR winners of all time. The tournament should be used to elevate a guy to the next level who is already getting there, not to slap a lame gimmick from the 80s onto a guy and keep him stagnant in the lower midcard. Especially a guy with a fine midcard gimmick that's already over.

Banks nor Bella should've worked as the face. They should've been their usual characters and just one upped each other. Following Naomi inserting herself Team Bella should've come back with something. Maybe a nice brawl as we look towards SS. I wasn't a major fan of the Divas Champ tapping.

I still don't understand why they changed Barrett's gimmick at all. The Bad News thing was over, there was no reason to kill it.

Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Edge and Brock Lesnar all won KOTR and didn't have a King gimmick. They are the greatest KOTR winners of all time. The tournament should be used to elevate a guy to the next level who is already getting there, not to slap a lame gimmick from the 80s onto a guy and keep him stagnant in the lower midcard. Especially a guy with a fine midcard gimmick that's already over.

Edge didn't have a king gimmick but they at least used his win as part of his feud with Christian.

Bret was a face so it made sense not for him to have the gimmick.

Brock's win was used as part of his first year dominance so it made sense for him to win but not have the gimmick. He didn't need it.

I actually argued the point you made about using it to elevate with someone right after Barrett won. Because the person didn't feel like in today's WWE that the tournament would work for that and that it should strictly be used for heels to win and use the king gimmick.

Stone Cold definitely benefited from his win and post tournament promo. I think that's a great example of using the tournament to elevate a guy and not use the gimmick. I think him not even attempting to put on the crown made it even better.

Tell me again why Lesnar whould be heel in this feud? Just because he broke "Streak" and you cant be against Undertaker?

Made sense before Streak but now it doesnt.

Tell me again why Lesnar whould be heel in this feud? Just because he broke "Streak" and you cant be against Undertaker?

Especially when Undertaker used a low blow to get the upper hand on a guy who had just wrestled a long match.

Paul just mentioned this as I was typing the response out.

There's nobody working as a heel in this feud, hasn't that been obvious so far? But if he were, it's because people would rather cheer Taker.

EDIT: I understand he's now getting booed, but it's Lesnars hometown so... not really a fair example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back