Petition - Wrestlezone Tournament Change

I'm not totally against ICs idea, simply because there will never ever be a shortage of wrestler to fill the spots that the previous winners leave, if anything his idea would give a little more exposure to some of the lesser known guys

The otherside of that is every year we get new posters, who bring in new arguments, so the outcome is never really gonna be the same anyway

However I really like the idea of changing the brackets, I wouldn't mind seeing a tournament where he have say a Winners Bracket, like Prax suggested, and then maybe an Old school bracket, Hardcore bracket, Global Bracket (this is where you'd stick all the non-North American wrestler), & IDK the fourth one could maybe a WildCard bracket? That could make things a bit more interersting and maybe even a little more fun

Why bother with things like an international and old school bracket though? If they aim (or one of the aims) of the tournament is to get people interested in guys they don't know about, surely it would do more to have those guys lumped in against wrestlers people know and care about. And a winners bracket would only serve to let some undeserving wrestlers in other divisions make it farther than they should, as was the case this year.

I'm not liking those ideas.

Simply put, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I thought the tournie this year did a great success, the selections were easy to organise and KB's method of drawing was better for the situation. Basically unpredictability is the way to go, which is what the Tournament is about, I'm expecting D-Man to try and get Owen Hart to win it next year while there will a heavy amount of love for The Miz which will get some controversy brewing.

As long as alts don't spoil it next time :suspic:

Owen never stands a chance in that tourney. As much as I love the guy, I know where his limitations are.

Simply put, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I thought the tournie this year did a great success, the selections were easy to organise and KB's method of drawing was better for the situation. Basically unpredictability is the way to go, which is what the Tournament is about, I'm expecting D-Man to try and get Owen Hart to win it next year while there will a heavy amount of love for The Miz which will get some controversy brewing.

As long as alts don't spoil it next time :suspic:

Pretty much this. I thought the random seeding worked well. Sure, there ended up being a "group of death" that let others through, but that unpredictability is what would make me interested in doing this annually. No solution is going to be 100% fair and perfect, and I think trying to separate the wrestlers into division or brackets will only lead to more people crying foul and sabotage when their guy goes down.

Owen never stands a chance in that tourney. As much as I love the guy, I know where his limitations are.

Part of the appeal of the tournament to me is not only picking winners, but pushing your guy as far as he can go. Dusty winning this thing? HA! That'll be the day. I just got excited about getting him far into the thing, and making damn sure that he got past Big Lazy. And I'm not the only one that loves this tournament for those reasons.

I don't really think there is a need at this point to eliminate previous winners. I do feel that a one year break for winners would be interesting. Perhaps in a few years the "repeat" problem will be more obvious, but for now it seems fair.

Somehow a Royal Rumber match should be involved in next years tourny.

I enjoyed the randomness of this years tourny, and if a repeat happens, it would be a well deserved win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back