Official Unoffical Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

IF the Outlaws get in I will campaign for them until I die(or they get beat). I have a Tag line and a sig picked out already

NAOSig.jpg

^^There it is. The Tag Line I'm gonna keep secret. It's not the one in my sig already. I'm campaigning early.

Easily the Outlaws..."Oh you didn't know??"

Brothers of Destruction: Held both WCW and WWE Tag Team gold during the Invasion...

Rock n Sock Connection: Very entertaining, 2 main eventers that easily combined and took 3 Tag Team titles together

Los Guerreros: Worked great as either heels or faces!

La Pareja del Terror: Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr. Pure entertainment every time they stepped in the ring, and their feud with Hijo Del Santo and Octagon was huge!

I see the outlaw movement starting up, I'll be listing all of the nominated teams when I get a chance. Just hope that a mod doesn't come along and ruin it. For me, I think I'm going to go with an unknown team to get them some recognition, not sure yet. But there are still 14 more mods out there with a vote.

Monkey you are a mod, so you can pick a single team that gets a guaranteed spot in the tourney, whose it gonna be, ew the pressure, the pressure.

Continuing the 80s theme, I'd like to nominate Strike Force. While not that well known, they held onto the tag titles in the late 80s when it actually meant something. Martel was a former world champion in the AWA and Santana is almost always good for a great match. Not that well known but could be a low seed.

Also in the Guns/NAO debate, hard to not go with NAO. Is there anyway we could get an updated list of all teams in?

Also in the Guns/NAO debate, hard to not go with NAO. Is there anyway we could get an updated list of all teams in?
i don't think there is a set list yet. Basically we're telling who we want in the tourney Admins get 2 picks in Automatically and Mods get 1 pic in Automatically.

Everyone else gets to debate who they want in.

I am he New Age Outlaw's Campaign Manager.

Monkey has selected The Brainbusters into the tournament. For future reference all the teams that are officially in are located on the first post of this forum.

Honestly, I don't know how we could have this tag team tourny without the NAO, they were THE team of 98/99.

Ok, now I enjoyed the New Age Outlaws during the Attitude Era, but the only, and I mean ONLY reason they got any reaction was due to thier affiliation with DX. Don't believe me? Then how come the only time in TNA that they got over was when they referenced their old DX counterparts. How sad is it that despite being the same team, they couldn't get a pop unless they were bad-mouthing Vince McMahon. The Smokin' Gunns, however, got over because they were a cohesive, exciting team comprised of two good looking guys. Go back at look at some of their matches against teams like the Heavenly Bodies, Zip and Skip, and Bob Holly and the 1-2-3 Kid. The crowds ate that team up. And they always put on a decent match, every night, and actually worked as a team. New Age Outlaws? They were pranksters, cheaters, and they were not a cohesive team. Hell, the only reason they were paired up was because they were failing as singles wreslters. And the same thing is happening now in TNA. What have they done since they split. A short fued that got blown off quickly, and now you don't even see them weekly. They were stinking as a team, and TNA, in all their infinite wisdom, thought they might fair better as singles stars. Turns out, they still suck. And don't tell me it's because they're ten years older. Point out one classic New Age Outlaws match OTHER than the dumpster match with Foley and Funk. That match barely even counts as classic to begin with. New Age Outlaws, within the stable, are legendary. As a standalone team, they're beyond subpar. This isn't a stable tournament, it's a tag team tournament. Now some mod better get their ass in here and pick the Smokin' Gunns right NOW, dammit!

The New Age Outlaws might not have any classic matches, but the Smoking Gunns don't either. At least people liked the Outlaws. The only time I ever enjoyed watching the Smoking Gunns was when they had Sunny as their manager because I could just watch her instead of the Gunns taking on "great" teams like the Godwins.

The New Age Outlaws might not have any classic matches, but the Smoking Gunns don't either. At least people liked the Outlaws. The only time I ever enjoyed watching the Smoking Gunns was when they had Sunny as their manager because I could just watch her instead of the Gunns taking on "great" teams like the Godwins.

Did I ever say the Godwinns were "great'? No. I said the Gunns stood out because they managed to have really good matches with only average teams like the Godwinns. NAO had Edge and Christian, the Hardys, the Dudleys, the APA, countless other good teams to work with. And they were completely overshadowed by them. Whereas the Hardys, Dudleys, and E&C's matches have stood the test of time, NAO have relatively faded. And why? Because they were not as good. They were overshadowed by teams that knew how to be innovative, something the NAO did not know how to do. The Smokin' Gunns, however, knew how to utilize tag team wrestling. They're tag team matches are actually tag team matches.

THe Rockers. they deserve the chance at gold. THese guys are legends. people are still to this day talking about them and refering other teams as the modern day rockers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back