Greatest forgotten Tag Team

Some people said New Age Outlaws and Demolition.. I didn't think that they counted, but if they do I'd easily pick either of them.

Other wise, I'm going with The Nasty Boys.. Jerry Saggs and Brian Knobbs. These guys were nothing but trouble in the early 90s for opponents. If I'm not mistaken they even convinced Jimmy Hart to drop the Hart Foundation and join the Nasty Revolution. Even when they briefly showed up in TNA I couldn't help but mark out. Unfortunately these guys are just too much trouble outside the ring for anyone to hang onto, not to mention their age.

The Fabulous Ones, Stan and Steve, are another great forgotten team from the 1980's ! They weren't your typical babyface team as they didn't do any high spots but rather some good old Southern style brawling.

Man oh man the brawls they used to have with the Moondogs were crazy !

I remember a very young Chris Jericho and Lance Storm working as The Thrill Seekers in Smoky Mountain Wrestling........for about 3 weeks. Lots of big name wrestlers stopped there on their way to someplace else, but these two guys created a lot of excitement in their brief visit.

alot of great teams already mentioned so i'm going to throw some different names out there.

The Dynamic Duo - "Gentleman"Chris Adams and "The Handsome Half Breed"Gino Hernandez. these guys ran threw everybody in 1985 down in the World Class territory. Adams, a one time friend to the Von Erich brothers, turned his back on Kevin VE, joined with Hernandez and wreaked havoc. they won the American tag team titles, started cutting every wrestlers hair, even Kerry VE. this all came to a head in October 85 at the Cotton Bowl with the famous hair vs hair match. these two guys got unbelievable heat back then. they played the cocky, arrogant, rich heel type perfect. and they came out to "Bad to the Bone" by George Thourogood. awesome.

alot of great teams already mentioned so i'm going to throw some different names out there.

The Dynamic Duo - "Gentleman"Chris Adams and "The Handsome Half Breed"Gino Hernandez. these guys ran threw everybody in 1985 down in the World Class territory. Adams, a one time friend to the Von Erich brothers, turned his back on Kevin VE, joined with Hernandez and wreaked havoc. they won the American tag team titles, started cutting every wrestlers hair, even Kerry VE. this all came to a head in October 85 at the Cotton Bowl with the famous hair vs hair match. these two guys got unbelievable heat back then. they played the cocky, arrogant, rich heel type perfect. and they came out to "Bad to the Bone" by George Thourogood. awesome.
Great job by you my man ! The Dynamic Dou were a GREAT heel team back in 1985 ! The hair match at the Cotton Bowl was fantastic but they also had a better match on 7-4-85 in Ft. Worth with one of the hottest crowds you'll ever hear !

its a shame the Gino died so soon. i would have loved to see what he became. there was always the rumors that he would have eventually been called up to Crockett's NWA. he would have made an awesome Horsemen. remember the promo with him and Chris at the nightclub?? pure gold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back