The Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament

Who Will Win the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament???

• The British Bulldgos

• Edge and Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.
Due to issues caused with the voting of the last several rounds, I have decided to make the voting public and keep it on the forums. I want a clean winner to be determined in this tournament.

The Following Match takes place in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Due to what appears to be a rigging of the vote, and a loss of faith in OpinionPowers ability to limit votes to only being calculated once, and someone taking this tournamet way to seriously, I have made a change to this match. Not only will this match have a third team added to it, but it will also have a fourth team added to it as well. This match is now a Fatal Four 4 Elimination match. Teams are eliminated one by one until only one team is left, (Think WM 16 Main Event.)

Wild Card #1
The Outsiders
Scott Hall and Kevin Nash

nashall.jpg

vs.​

Wild Card #2
The Steiner Brothers
Rick and Scott Steiner
steinerstags1.jpg

vs.

WWE Regional Champion
The Hart Foundation
Jim the Anvil Neidhart and Bret the Hitman Hart

041hartfoundation.jpg

vs.

ECW Regional Champions:
Edge and Christian

christianedge38.jpg

This Poll will close on Tuesday, August 21st at whatever time Wrestlezone decides to close there polls. This thread will be merged into the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament thread after wards. You may post in this thread, or the tournament thread, it's your choice.

So I'm starting to think that the Outsiders wouldn't ahve beat the Harts two rounds ago, so I'm stuck in a dilemna here.

Well, since the time has passed now, there is really not much you can do to rectify the Outsider situation. However, you can try and correct a possible mis-justice on the Steiners end.

Or, Eric Bischoff can come out, order this current match null and void, and use his executive power to order a restart to the current match, only with the Outsiders competing in a triple threat with Bulldogs and Harlem Heat. Basically, close and delete this thread, and create a new one.

See who Voted Here

I Posted on here because some may be interested to find out who voted for who. But I went with the Bulldogs on this one. You have Tom Billington who Bret Hart and Numerous other people have called the Best Wrestler Pound for Pound in the World. Add to that Davey Boy Smith who can really hold his own in the Ring and you have the Duo that will beat Harlem Heat.

Here is where you can see who voted for who

Im going with The Hart Foundation on this one this is a WWF/E ring and while almost all of them have had experience in the Ring with the exception being Rick Steiner. The Team with the most compatibility combined with Experience in this environment is going to win this one, thereby meaning The HArt Foundation will win this one.

I think this match is a hard one to call. I went with E&C because I think they are sneaky enoguh to pull it off. They may be out classed by Bret Hart, but, one man can't win a tag team match. E&C till the end!

I voted for Harlem Heat.Honestly I think they are just the best tag team ever and would beat the British Bulldogs.Although both are great teams Harlem Heat just has it all and they even have enough talent and wits to put away the Bulldogs and make it to the finals.

Are you kidding me!This would eb such an amazing match.Four amazing tag teams and three of them happen to be all time greats. Outsiders with the first elimination by Bret Hart.The second elimination goes to the Steiners by Christian.Leaving the final two being Canada's best tag teams.Hart sends out Christian and brawls with him outside and as Neidhart turns around he is speared moving Edge and Christian to the finals.

You know I really have to say couldnt say it better myself. Hart is good but really neinhart always was the weak link of the team. If you can neutralize Bret then Jim was easy pickings imo.

Alos havent been here for a few days and suprised that the Dudleys lost in the ECW arena but if they ahd to lose to somebody i am glad it was E&C. They had such great matches that I am so sad that they went to seprate feds where they can never tag again
Are you kidding me!This would eb such an amazing match.Four amazing tag teams and three of them happen to be all time greats. Outsiders with the first elimination by Bret Hart.The second elimination goes to the Steiners by Christian.Leaving the final two being Canada's best tag teams.Hart sends out Christian and brawls with him outside and as Neidhart turns around he is speared moving Edge and Christian to the finals.

Holy Hell....

How in fuck's sake is Edge and Christian beating The Steiners, the Harts or even the Outsiders? God, I hate Attitude era marks.

Edge and Christian can't hold a candle up to The Steiner Brothers or the Hart Foundation. And, The Outsiders may have been the biggest tag team in wrestling, in terms of importance to the business. Not many tag teams can claim the enormous sweeping changes to the industry they were a major cause of. But, I suppose the cool heel getting cheered was regular before they came along right? :rolleyes:

It should be:

Steiners
Harts
Outsiders
E&C

Absolutely ridiculous.

Holy Hell....

How in fuck's sake is Edge and Christian beating The Steiners, the Harts or even the Outsiders? God, I hate Attitude era marks.

Edge and Christian can't hold a candle up to The Steiner Brothers or the Hart Foundation. And, The Outsiders may have been the biggest tag team in wrestling, in terms of importance to the business. Not many tag teams can claim the enormous sweeping changes to the industry they were a major cause of. But, I suppose the cool heel getting cheered was regular before they came along right? :rolleyes:

It should be:

Steiners
Harts
Outsiders
E&C

Absolutely ridiculous.

I can tell you why.My opinion is that Edge and Christian just swept tag teams by storm in a short time.They had amazing matches and both had great talent and generated sooo much heat.

The Outsiders I agree were off huge importance but honestly werent a great wrestling tag team.

Harts team.I never enjoyed Neidhart at all.The team to me was basically all centered on Bret.

Steiners are the only competition.Why are they being beaten?I dont know.

I just think Edge and Christian are the better team.

I went with the Hart foundation. The Harts and the Steiners have the experience but more importantly Bret Hart has the heart and endurance to go the distance in this one.

Order of Elimination

Outsiders
Edge and Christian
Steiner Brothers
Winners: Hart Foundation

gentlemen, steiners have won state championships in michigan, 5 yrs apart, as amauture wrestlers. harts have their own "dundgon". i gotta believe that the steiners have the better mat skill as a team than any team here. the harts have just that, the heart, but not the skill.(sorry, neidhart).

Holy Hell....

It should be:

Steiners
Harts
Outsiders
E&C

Absolutely ridiculous.

I wouldn't call myslef an attitude era mark. I will say my first instinct was to vote the The Hart Foundation as I have been doing for most of the tourney. I just think in a match with three other teams who many would rate about E&C that E&C have an Edge (excuse the pun). I think they are a team that was always good at overcoming the odds and seeing their advantage in a match and seizing any little oppurtunity they could. I think this match leaves them a lot of room to watch, wait and strike when the iron is hot. That's just my opinon.

I'd glady call myself an Attitude Era mark. Simply because the Attitude Era is wrestling's greatest era so far, and E & C are the best teams within that era. Not only are Edge and Christian the innovators of WWF's TLC matches, and a fantastic tag team in their own right, they've proved that they do not rely on each other for success, each winning multiple world championships since splitting. I do dispute the Steiners and the Outsiders being thrown into the mix, but it's Shocky's tournament and if he suspects foul play, he can do what he wants.

I went with Edge and Christian for many of the same reasons that others have. Edge and Christian were at their best when there were multiple teams involved in a match. I feel as though they could just lay in the weeds for a while and let the other three teams beat on each other before they actually got involved in the match.

Order of Elimination:

1. The Outsiders, despite them being a highly influential team (due to mainly to Nash's politcking and not in-ring ability IMO) they were no where near as good in the ring as a team as either of the other 3 teams in this match.

2. The Steiners, once the Outsiders were gone, a non-verbal agreement is made and the Canadians decide to say down with America and isolate Scott Steiner, he finally hot tags Rick who cleans house, or so he thinks, he turns and BAM Spear, Steiners gone.

3. Now it's down to the two biggest tag teams in Canada's history. Back and forth action after about forty minutes from the start of the match, Bret gets tossed to the outside and appears to tweak his knee. The ref is distracted with him on the outside, in the ring, CON-CHAIR-TO! They pull the ref back in and Neidhart is pinned with Bret in agony on the outside.

Winners and advancing to the FINALS: Edge and Christian

I'd glady call myself an Attitude Era mark. Simply because the Attitude Era is wrestling's greatest era so far,
No, no it wasn't.

and E & C are the best teams within that era.
Yeah, they're better than the bunch of spot monkeys that are the Hardyz and the no-talent hacks that are Team 3D. What other tag team was worth a damn during Edge and Christian's time? NAO were already broken up and had went their own way.

Say E&C is the best of their era is like saying Carl Crawford is the best player on the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Sure, it might be true but it isn't worth a damn.

Edge and Christian were good at one thing and one thing only, and that was gimmick matches. They are known soley for gimmick matches. No denying they were really really good at them. But, throughout their rather long run as a tag team, they never could do much else. The Hart Foundation and The Steiner Brothers had great matches without gimmicks.

they've proved that they do not rely on each other for success, each winning multiple world championships since splitting.
Singles success does not matter in this tournament. If it did Hogan/Savage would still be in it.

I do dispute the Steiners and the Outsiders being thrown into the mix, but it's Shocky's tournament and if he suspects foul play, he can do what he wants.
Well, the right way to do it would have been to re-do the Hart/Outsiders match, and then the winner against the Steiners. But, that would have set the tournament back. Considering the vast difference in votes, I can understand why.

Just out of curiosity...how many people who voted for Edge and Christian actually watched wrestling in the 80s? I don't mean go back and do it now. I meant watched it as it happened.

Just out of curiosity...how many people who voted for Edge and Christian actually watched wrestling in the 80s? I don't mean go back and do it now. I meant watched it as it happened.

I'm gonna guess none. Taking nothing away from Edge and Christian but I never say to myself, man I miss watching Edge and Christian make a run for the tag titles.

In the 80's and early 90's, I loved watching the Steiners and Hart Foundation, but most of all I miss watching what was some of the best tag team matches ever. The attitude era has nothing on this with the exception of Ladder matches and TLC.

First and Foremost i like what is going on here for the semi finals. Good Work Shockmaster as usual.

Onto the match. Two very good teams one from the 80's and one from the 90's. Dynamite is a great all around wrestler and the bulldog brings the power, making them a damn good team. But the same can be said for Harlem Heat. I see these teams being very equal so its gonna come down to who will do whatever it takes to win. With that said i think Harlem Heat will pull out all the stops for the victory.

Harlem Heat...........Sucka!!!!!!!!!

No, no it wasn't.

Say E&C is the best of their era is like saying Carl Crawford is the best player on the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Sure, it might be true but it isn't worth a damn.

Edge and Christian were good at one thing and one thing only, and that was gimmick matches. They are known soley for gimmick matches. No denying they were really really good at them. But, throughout their rather long run as a tag team, they never could do much else. The Hart Foundation and The Steiner Brothers had great matches without gimmicks.

Singles success does not matter in this tournament. If it did Hogan/Savage would still be in it.

I personally fell that the Attitude Era was the best as well.It was more popular at that time than any other era.

I think it has to be worth something.They are an amazing team and actually have put on some good matches that don't involve gimmicks.

If it was based on singles careers Hogan/Savage would have won.

I watched from 88-on and voted for Christian and Edge.

i voted for the steiners because in my book they are the best tag team ever because of everything they have ever accomplished. Edge and christian isnt in the same league as the harts and the steiners. so therefore i voted for the steiners because they have accomplished so much where ever they have gone. they also have worked so great as a team so i give them the advantage and because they are so powerful

Whether Edge and Christian are the better team and if the Attitude Era is wrestling's greatest era are matters of opinion. Simple as. In my opinion, they are.

i voted for harlem heat i believe they are the second greatest tag team ever besides the steiners but htat discussion is for another day. i think harlem heat has enough power and athleticism to defeat the bulldogs. i beleive booker t and Stevie ray show enough power and athleticism to defeat the bulldogs

I went with the Bulldogs. One of the all time great combinations of power AND speed with Davey and Dynamite. Worked well as a team before the truly in-synch teams started showing up.

This is a close match but I have to pick the Bulldogs. I thought the best match for the finals would be a classic Bulldogs vs Harts 2 out of 3 falls. Harlem Heat is one of the best tag teams ever but one of the few better teams is Dynamite and Davey. The would take their lumps in this one but still be able to use their strength and wrestling ability to win it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back