The Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament

Who Will Win the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament???

• The British Bulldgos

• Edge and Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well as we have seen the winners of the previous matchups are as follows.

First of all, I am very impressed with the outing that Harlem Heat received. I never would have thought that Harlem Heat would have gotten the love by the people on line. I am very surprised, just knowing that WCW has been gone for going on 6 years now, and people still remember how good they were.

So onto the finals.

The British Bulldogs: I must say, I'm kinda surprised, but in a good way, to see this team in the finals. I thought for sure that we were going to have Road Warriors vs. Hart Foundation/Steiner Brothers in the finals. It just looked to be going that way, so to see a different team in, I am pretty happy with that.

Edge and Christian: I'm not surprised that they won the ECW Region. The Dudleys are very good in gimmick matches, and had the good fortune of drawing pretty garbage tag teams throughout the tournament. Edge and Christian, as Slyfox said, are very good gimmick match/no rule match wrestlers. They thrived in this environment, and personally feel if they didn't have the benefit of the ECW Rules, they wouldn't be this far.

Now going onto the Fatal Four Way. I had a tough time deciding this match myself. I really feel that it was down to the Steiners and Edge And Christian. Simply put, the Outsiders don't have the endurance to go that long, even though if it was single pinfall I would have made them the favorite. Bret Hart, as good as he is, couldn't carry the Anvil past 7 guys of this calibre in the ring. It comes down to the Steiners and Edge and Christian. I personally feel the Steiners were better, but I understand, and I think most people are missing the point in that match. Edge and Christian have absolutely dominated multiple tag team matches they have been in. They have the advantage in that type of match, and always found a way to win. The Steiners are probably the better team, but the stipulation of the match determined that matches outcome it looked like.

So...
The British Bulldogs vs. Edge and Christian are the Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament Finals Representatives.

So we are now at the end of this long tournament.

This thread will be merged with the tournament thread at the end of the voting period, so feel free to either post in this thread or the official tag team tournament thread.

You have your teams:

The British Bulldogs (Davey Boy Smith and the Dynamite Kid)
vs.
Edge and Christian

Only one team will become the first annual Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament Champions.

Edge and Christian being here is a disgrace. How they are considered better than the Hart Foundation or the Steiner Brothers is way beyond me. Ladies and Gentleman, do the right thing. Don't give an undeserving team the title.

Vote for the British Bulldogs.

Edge and Chrisitian helped carry the Tag Team Division for much of the 90's. They were NOT only good at gimmick matches, rather, they were so good at gimmick matches that it overshadowed how good they were normally.

Also, Edge and Christian are BOTH former 2-time World Heavyweight Champions. Bulldogs? Big fat goose-egg, unless you could the DGWF (Dead Guy's Wrestling Federation.)

Soda's rule. Vote for E & C.

Edge and Chrisitian helped carry the Tag Team Division for much of the 90's.
How is that possible when they didn't even get teamed together until 1999?

They were NOT only good at gimmick matches, rather, they were so good at gimmick matches that it overshadowed how good they were normally.
Bull. Name me three good non-gimmick matches they've had, together or as singles wrestlers.

Also, Edge and Christian are BOTH former 2-time World Heavyweight Champions.
I didn't realize the TAG TEAM tournament was based on singles success.

Bulldogs? Big fat goose-egg, unless you could the DGWF (Dead Guy's Wrestling Federation.)
Yeah. Of course, they do have that whole Dynamite Kid being the best pound for pound wrestler ever thing (according to Bret Hart and Chris Benoit..but what do they know right?), and the whole Davey Boy Smith in great matches thing. Oh, and together they could put on great matches with or without gimmicks...

A vote for The British Bulldogs is a vote against the injustice that occurred against the Hart Foundation and The Steiner Brothers.
Soda's rule. Vote for E & C.
Quality rules. Vote for The British Bulldogs.

I have to agree with both Sly and Irish here. I think the Hart Foundation and the Steiner Brothers were both better teams than Edge & Christian. However, I think Edge & Christian were better than the Bulldogs. Dynamite Kid was amazing, but Davey never really impressed me that much. It's a shame that this is the final match- but I have to vote for Edge & Christian.

Edge and Christian all the way and know its not based on singles careers that was a cheap stab. I think that the Bulldogs were good but E&C were great. Edge and Christian were both entertaining as hell as heels and faces. Their matches were historical and intense. Without Edge and Christian the tag team picture in their era wouldn't have been the same. Without the Bulldogs in their era the tag team picture would have been just fine. So who made an overall bigger impact in their rightful eras...E&C thats who. Davey Boy was stale Dynamite was good but Edge and Christian come on now no contest E&C should take it by a land slide in my opinion.

I realy don't think these should be the two teams left in here. Not a huge fan of either but when it comes down to these two then i have to take edge and christian easily..

You guys are missing the point. A vote for Edge and Christian is a vote for the injustice that is their win over The Hart Foundation and The Steiner Brothers. How anyone can say they are better than either of those two teams, particularly the Steiners is way beyond me.

I didn't vote for The Bulldogs simply because they are better. I voted because I refuse to acknowledge the gross miscarriage of justice that occurred in the earlier round.

Do yourself a favor, and right the wrong. A vote for the Bulldogs is a vote for those who are deserving.

You guys are missing the point. A vote for Edge and Christian is a vote for the injustice that is their win over The Hart Foundation and The Steiner Brothers. How anyone can say they are better than either of those two teams, particularly the Steiners is way beyond me.

I didn't vote for The Bulldogs simply because they are better. I voted because I refuse to acknowledge the gross miscarriage of justice that occurred in the earlier round.

Do yourself a favor, and right the wrong. A vote for the Bulldogs is a vote for those who are deserving.

But sweetie, if you look at it like that, the Steiner's derserved to lose anyway due to the injustice that occurred during the RVD/Sabu v. Steiner's match.

You have to vote strictly on the match at hand and try to forget any wrong doings that occurred along the way. I have. ;)

But sweetie, if you look at it like that, the Steiner's derserved to lose anyway due to the injustice that occurred during the RVD/Sabu v. Steiner's match.
Unless memory fails me, the Steiner vs. RVD/Sabu match wasn't a bong smoking or a special brownie making contest. So, really, what injustice was done? The Steiners outclassed and out...integritied.... RVD/Sabu. (is that a word? oh well, it is now)

You have to vote strictly on the match at hand and try to forget any wrong doings that occurred along the way. I have. ;)
Wait...what are you doing out of the kitchen? ;)

mat_2ACV06_1.jpg

Hahahaha. Nah, I'm just yankin' your chain. You're all right! :)

Unless memory fails me, the Steiner vs. RVD/Sabu match wasn't a bong smoking or a special brownie making contest.

Well, I guess those are just 2 more things that RVD / Sabu are better than the Steiner's at. Just pointing out the facts. And the fact at hand is that Edge / Christian are better than the Bulldogs.

Wait...what are you doing out of the kitchen? ;)

Oh shit....what was I thinking. Sorry.

*ties on an apron and heads for the kitchen*

While I wish that my team The Hart Foundation was here in the finals, they're not so I have to go with the next best thing which is The Bulldogs. Davey may be the weak link as all the Peeps and EdgeHeads pointed out but that doesn't mean he is bad.

The Bulldogs are one of a few teams that make me miss great tag team wrestling. They were a solid, rounded, well put together team, but most of all there matches unexplainably felt awesome. Watch them and then watch Cade and Murdoch, Deuce and Domino, but most of all Cryme Tyme and tell me you don't want to cry.

Edge and Christian were of a different breed and a different time. They were great tag champs and had some sweet TLC and Ladder matches, however there title runs were a little stale due to there non pay per view matches being below average.

If I can't have the Harts, I'll stll gladly take the Bulldogs.

So stuck on this one. I can't think. E & C are one of my favourite teams of all team and I still like them both apart, but in a match situation, I think the Bulldogs would absolutely make them their bitches in a fair contest. That, and they're representing my home nation. But you never know, Edge and Christian are sneaky little bastards that'd do anything to win. So hard. I'll wait for a few more people to comment before I make my decision.

To Everyone Complaining / Whining about "The Two Teams in the Finals:"

The votes have been open for WEEKS. If you didn't want these two teams in the finals, you should have either a) voted differently, or b) if you voted differently you should have posted a more compelling case for other teams. No excuses.

Don't blame ME. I voted for Kodos...

I voted the Bulldogs for the reason I stated before - they would absolutely own E & C in the ring. I'm sure E & C will come out on top though.

When this tourny started, there were a handfull of teams I KNEW were going to be a part of the final 4 teams. Edge and Christian were one of those teams. I'm voting for them, simply because I never experienced the Bulldogs. But one thing I do know is that at their time back they were viewed as one pof the most exiting things around!

Anyone who references Bender is a friend to me.

That being said, this isn't even a question to me. Bulldogs all the way. E&C were amazing, much better then I think Slyfox gives them credit for, but the Bulldogs were better then amazing, they were astounding. Forget the crappy bulldog gimmick, just remember the matches. Every single time you went to a WWF show in the 80s, you would always end up leading amazed at the awesome match you just saw between the Bulldogs and usually the Hart Foundation(god what a feud). Now of course Slyfox will reply to this saying "THEY CAME TO SEE HOGAN YOU ANTI-CHRIST YOU!" :D

Bulldogs all the way. Personally though, my pick was the Hart Foundation for this all. I am seriously in absolute shock that E&C beat them. What the hell is wrong with you people?

I voted for the Bulldogs because Edge and Christian became great singles competitors and Main Eventers so they do not need this title for the sole fact that IMO, they are ten times better on their own than together as a Tag Team(they were a great tag team but I wouldn't put them above the many legendary tag teams that were eliminated throughout this tournament). Davey Boy Smith and The Dynamite Kid both never had as many opportunities to become huge stars like Edge and Christian, but they did make one hell of a tag team and that is what they are best known for today. They deserve this more than Edge and Christian because they haven't used their Tag Team position as a stepping stone to reach higher achievements like E+C have both done. Edge and Christian could care less if they were the winners of this tournament because both of their goals was to become top singles stars, which they have done, but the Bulldogs would be honored to be the winners of this tournament because they took pride in their tag team and was fine with their position in the wrestling world.

Sadly, it is inevitable that E+C is going to win the whole thing because they are more "cool" and half of the members on WZ has Edge's avatar because it is the so called "Rated R Era", Christian is also very popular as well. At least the damn Hardy Boyz didn't win:lol2:

Anyone who references Bender is a friend to me.
:D

Every single time you went to a WWF show in the 80s, you would always end up leading amazed at the awesome match you just saw between the Bulldogs and usually the Hart Foundation(god what a feud). Now of course Slyfox will reply to this saying "THEY CAME TO SEE HOGAN YOU ANTI-CHRIST YOU!" :D
Actually, my understanding is that Hart Foundation and Bulldogs were on the "C" house show circuit, and so weren't on the same card as Hogan.

Personally though, my pick was the Hart Foundation for this all. I am seriously in absolute shock that E&C beat them. What the hell is wrong with you people?
Damn Attitude marks...

Sadly, it is inevitable that E+C is going to win the whole thing because they are more "cool" and half of the members on WZ has Edge's avatar because it is the so called "Rated R Era", Christian is also very popular as well. At least the damn Hardy Boyz didn't win:lol2:

That and most IWC wrestling fans grew up with the Attitude Era.

Well not being able to see the british bulldogs fight and i watched Edge and Christian i am going still going with the british bulldogs for everything they accomplished. they were Amazing together. E&C were only good in gimmick matches other than there tlc matches i believe as a tag team they were unbearable to watch. so therefore i am going with the bulldogs because i believe and agree with everything sly said i would quote but that would be way to long. Edge and Christian are best known today as singles competitors and Davey boy smith and the dynamite kid never got to experience singles success. But together as a unit they were meshed together and became one great tag team.

I too thought that the Harts were going to take this thing, but oh well.

Anyone saying they are voting E&C because they have never seen the Bulldogs wrestle has no business voting in this thing. This is the internet... youtube that shit.

However, being familiar with both teams, I have to go with E&C myself. Their matches were not as incredible as the Bulldogs', but overall I liked watching them more. I was always interested in E&Cs feuds and what they were going to pull off next and they worked together well and really worked as a unit, and so that gets them the vote in my mind.

*Swiftly changes avatar* Anyway, how far did the "Hardyz" go again? I believe they were knocked out by Harlem Heat in WCW Regional Semis, weren't they?

*Swiftly changes avatar* Anyway, how far did the "Hardyz" go again? I believe they were knocked out by Harlem Heat in WCW Regional Semis, weren't they?
Because some people were around to watch Harlem Heat, not to mention Booker T still wrestles. Not to mention, neither Hardy has really had significant singles success.

Nice sig by the way.

I have to go with E&C myself. Their matches were not as incredible as the Bulldogs', but overall I liked watching them more. I was always interested in E&Cs feuds and what they were going to pull off next and they worked together well and really worked as a unit, and so that gets them the vote in my mind.

this is exactly how i feel about this whole issue as you said the Bulldogs probably put on better matches but E+C were one of the most entertaining tag teams in a long time and even though there matches werent as good as the Bulldogs they put on some damn good matches themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back