[Official] General TNA Complaints Thread

How would you change TNA

• Production Value

• Current Talent Roster

• Management Personnel

Results are only viewable after voting.
For me, right now, really the thing that seems wrong with TNA is that, again to me, it's starting to go backwards.

Beginning about this time last year, maybe a little before, TNA started making some good steps forward by putting emphasis on fresher talent. Wrestling content overall started to mean more, older veterans that were still left in TNA were no longer being made the focus of the company, the outdated faction wars storylines that'd long since been the primary angle in TNA had finally fizzled out, etc. In all honesty, since Vince Russo left TNA, the overall booking of the company & its product have dramatically improved.

Throughout this year, TNA's continued to make good progress and put out and overall pretty good product, better than it's been in years in my opinion. I think TNA has been at it's peak, overall, during the BFG Series. Since the BFG Series ended, however, I think TNA has started to go backwards a bit. For instance, you know that the Aces & Eights angle is ultimately leading up to another full blown faction wars storyline. For nearly 6 months, TNA has invested in this angle and it's really become the focus of the company over the past couple of months. Heading into BFG, the biggest TNA show of the year, it's really felt like the only really relevant happening and that sucks if you're someone that's just not into it. After BFG, Aces & Eights is only going to become an even bigger presence and focus in TNA.

Also, over the past little while, Hulk Hogan had had MUCH more emphasis put on him than he has at almost anytime this year. Adding Sting to the mix and you've got Hogan & Sting in the center of what feels like the only significant angle going on in TNA as they head towards their biggest show of the year.

The tag team scene, which used to be TNA's crowning jewel, is on the same level that the WWE's has been for most of the last half decade, at least. Whatever progress TNA had made with the X Division with Austin Aries as champion is gone with the wind as the X Division now feels every bit as irrelevant as ever. The TV title picture might show some signs of life as Joe has only just gotten the title, so it's too soon to tell one way or the other on that yet. Unfortunately, for Austin Aries, he's been booked to come off as pretty irrelevant all in all during his run as champ. His program with Jeff Hardy continues to be lackluster and we're just barely a week before BFG and, like everything else in TNA, he's taken a backseat to the Aces & Eights storyline. As I said, TNA has invested a lot of time in this feud but I just don't see the money to be perfectly honest.

I was excited about TNA's Gut Check concept when it first started but it's quickly dissolved into a showcase for mediocre developmental TNA wrestlers that either aren't nearly ready for the big time or will never be ready for the big time. Each week, aside from Joey Ryan, it's been one lackluster performance after another. The allure of Open Fight Night, for me, has faded. There's nothing really bad about it, but there's nothing really good about it so it's just kind of there. The Championship Thursday thing does nothing for me. Listening to four to eight guys bitching to the GM as to why they should have a title shot just isn't riveting television for me. While #1 contender matches are quite common, they're vastly more entertaining.

I've been enjoying TNA much more than I have in quite a while. Right now, it just feels to me like they're going backwards and, as a result, are losing a lot of momentum that they've spent more than a year building. i

What's wrong with TNA? Everything.

The constant pushes of guys that aren't draws, the fact they don't have a top face, the fact that they have a completely different product from WWE and hope to compete with them. It's ridiculous.

The only professional wrestling company to continue over the last 30 something years in the United States in WWE. Why? Because of their top face mentality. A guy who the show evolves around, the guy who draws the most money, who's involved more than any other wrestler. There's no "line," no "everybody get's their chance." With guy's like Hogan, Austin, and Cena, they were pushed above and beyond everyone else to look the most dominate and powerful. Professional wrestling in, in essence, a television show. With every television show, there is a main character. That's the top face, the wrestler who the show is based around.

TNA pushing different wrestlers every few month obviously isn't working to their advantage at all. First, they push Bobby Roode, didn't draw. They push Austin Aries, that's not working either. As long as TNA continue's to not have a top face, or even a top heel, their not going anywhere. WCW and ECW didn't have a top face, and look where they are now. In Vince McMahon's tape library.

They continue to try and compete with WWE and think it will work with a completely different product to WWE's. While WCW was beating WWE, WWE were still "family entertainment." It obviously wasn't working and thus they were on the brink of bankruptcy. So, they went "Attitude" and were more edgy to compete with the more edgier WCW. Thus WWE got their fans back and eventually won the MNW's.

See, in the 90's, WCW was getting the higher ratings, viewership, and fans. In essence, WWE had to copy the way they did their storylines. Since NWO was a big stable, WWE had DX. Than, they have the Ministry, the Corporation, the Nation of Domination. The reason for that was WCW's success with stables. Instead of continuing to push the "do the right thing" top face like Hogan was, they pushed a trash-talking redneck, and it was the the most essential thing WWE had in their company. Since WWE is now the bigger company, TNA has to copy them if they want to compete. Go PG, go family friendly, kid friendly. Have a top face.

As long as TNA continues to be TV-14 and a edgier product, they won't compete with WWE. In order to compete you have to be similar in your product. It's like Bud Light trying to compete with Pespi, it wouldn't make sense.

I love all these people bitching about TNA. When they push homegrown stars, people bitch about them not being a draw. When they push established stars, they bitch about not giving the younger stars a chance. Here's the bottom line about posters like Cena boy above and the moderator on the "E" board above. TNA can't win no matter what they do. These people will pick it apart regardless cause it has the letters "T" "N" "A" before the word wrestling. It's absolutely hilarious when these "E" fanboys try to break down the TNA shows. I don't give a shit which product you like or dislike, the blatent bias towards one product is absolutely amazing to me. Keep posting fanboys. I love the entertainment value you bring to me with each and every one of your posts.

i don't think TNA is doing anything wrong. they just don't have the name recognition that the WWE does. i also don't think that the two companies are competing. TNA offers an alternative to the watered down, stale product (in my opinion) that the WWE produces on a weekly basis. its much more entertaining to watch guys like Aeries, Storm, Roode, Samoa Joe, and the veterans they have then watching Cena always over come the odds, limited move sets, a small emphasis on tag team wrestling, and the IC & US Titles basically being ignored.

The constant pushes of guys that aren't draws/
How do you think draws are created? Do you think they're just created out of thin air?

the fact they don't have a top face

Jeff Hardy?

the fact that they have a completely different product from WWE and hope to compete with them. It's ridiculous.

Aren't they shown on different days now?

First, they push Bobby Roode, didn't draw. They push Austin Aries, that's not working either.

Dixie herself said they're looking to make new stars and that it will be time before they actually draw money on name alone. Rode had one of the best title reigns in TNA history and was universally praised. Aries is also universally praised. How are either "not working"? They're not doing any worse on top than those before them, are they?

As for the rest of your post, it's laughable.

So only top faces can draw? Who is this VKM's autobiographer! So guys like Flair and HHH who drew as dominant heels are just pieces of shit? Hate to tell you buddy the art of face vs heel died around 95. Attitude worked cause you had a variety of possibilities. Cena is no better of a draw than Bret with less wrestling skills. Its all in the numbers and don't complain cause there isn't enough talent around him blame the boss who makes the final call in the writing. Even Heyman has stated the reason why UFC is popular cause certain cities of particular fans can make or break the popularity of a fighter. The days of good vs evil in wrestling has been over for a while. If that isn't the case then why is PUNK and why had SCSA gotten over more as a heel than as a face? By the way Roode is the best heel since HHH. If it wasn't for mismanagement by JCP and WCW one of those promotions would be the top dog. We can talk all about the ideas VKM ripped off from other promotions for the next 100 years. Yes I know other execs have done the same thing. The difference is VKM calls it an original concept when the "Smart" fan knows otherwise.

What's wrong with TNA? Everything.

The constant pushes of guys that aren't draws, the fact they don't have a top face, the fact that they have a completely different product from WWE and hope to compete with them. It's ridiculous.
Look at what I underline. Realize how unbelievably fucking redundant that looks. You want one top face, but piss when they push someone? How do we get from point A to point C if we can't go through point B? Wait, let me dumb it down for you? How do you get a top draw without pushing him? Magic? The part I bolded also doesn't make a fucking wiff of sense. They have a "different" product, but that makes them all wrong and shit.

The only professional wrestling company to continue over the last 30 something years in the United States in WWE. Why? Because of their top face mentality. A guy who the show evolves around, the guy who draws the most money, who's involved more than any other wrestler. There's no "line," no "everybody get's their chance." With guy's like Hogan, Austin, and Cena, they were pushed above and beyond everyone else to look the most dominate and powerful. Professional wrestling in, in essence, a television show. With every television show, there is a main character. That's the top face, the wrestler who the show is based around.
So because TNA doesn't put the brunt of the work on one sole guy, they suck? Maybe, just maybe, they like their choices wide because maybe, just maybe they wanna put emphasis on multiple guys rather than producing a one trick pony.
TNA pushing different wrestlers every few month obviously isn't working to their advantage at all. First, they push Bobby Roode, didn't draw. They push Austin Aries, that's not working either. As long as TNA continue's to not have a top face, or even a top heel, their not going anywhere. WCW and ECW didn't have a top face, and look where they are now. In Vince McMahon's tape library.

And where are you getting this "they don't draw" crap from? Call me crazy, but WCW failed due to backstage politics and failure to have a steady direction while ECW has a financial mess. Neither company failed due to not having some top draw.

They continue to try and compete with WWE and think it will work with a completely different product to WWE's. While WCW was beating WWE, WWE were still "family entertainment." It obviously wasn't working and thus they were on the brink of bankruptcy. So, they went "Attitude" and were more edgy to compete with the more edgier WCW. Thus WWE got their fans back and eventually won the MNW's.
You're clearly a jackass. What the hell is TNA supposed to do to not compete? Get off TV? Stop having wrestling matches? No matter what they do they will always be in some way, shape or form, be competition. Why? BECAUSE BOTH ARE WRESTLING COMPANIES. THEY CANNOT FUCKING AVOID IT. ROH? Competition. CHIKARA? Competition. Why? They are wrestling. They have influence on that market, therefor they are competition.

See, in the 90's, WCW was getting the higher ratings, viewership, and fans. In essence, WWE had to copy the way they did their storylines. Since NWO was a big stable, WWE had DX. Than, they have the Ministry, the Corporation, the Nation of Domination. The reason for that was WCW's success with stables. Instead of continuing to push the "do the right thing" top face like Hogan was, they pushed a trash-talking redneck, and it was the the most essential thing WWE had in their company. Since WWE is now the bigger company, TNA has to copy them if they want to compete. Go PG, go family friendly, kid friendly. Have a top face.
Oh, so now you want them to compete? They can't be however they want and have their own core fanbase?

As long as TNA continues to be TV-14 and a edgier product, they won't compete with WWE. In order to compete you have to be similar in your product. It's like Bud Light trying to compete with Pespi, it wouldn't make sense.

Or you dictating how a company should present itself as if you had a degree in marketing and booking experience for a wrestling company. Why isn't Fanta, Sprite, Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper like Pepsi and Coke? They.... wanna be different? Maybe?

What's wrong with TNA is that it's not named WWE. It's main show isn't RAW and screening on Monday nights and it doesn't have many, many years of loyal fanbase, the name recognition, all of that jazz.

If you took the TNA wrestlers, characters, story lines etc, plonked it all in the WWE RAW set, I have little doubt that it would rate just as good if not better than RAW currently does.

I mostly watch WWE and haven't watched TNA for over a year however, I've kept vaguely up to date and tonight I thought what the hell and streamed Bound for Glory. I'm not a fan so I didn't pay for it or anything but, I figured "Hey, if they convert me, they'll get my money one day..." but, I digress. Here are the problems I saw in TNA from Bound for Glory: The production is poor, they don't seem to have any pyro and only a few of the wrestlers have their own lighting that makes them stand out. Also most of the entrance music is bland and unremarkable with the best songs (well the best everything going to the few at the top e.g Rob Van Dam gets The Whole F'N Show song which is easily the best in TNA, Storm's catchphrase starting his theme makes it quite appealing but, overall RVD's is the best. Similarly, Sting is the only guy who's lighting I can remember from Bound for Glory.) Another problem with TNA is that the commentary seems sloppier than WWE in parts and one of the thing that annoys me about it on top of the fact it is sloppier is the use of phrases like "The Angle clothesline" "The Bully Ray clothesline" as if they are signature or finishing or patented maneuvers when they've just been used as just another move. I also think the camera work is a bit shoddy for example there was a submission victory early in the PPV but, I can't remember who it was that got it, I think Samoa Joe made Magnus tap out and there was no cameraman even attempting to get a close-up of Magnus selling the move and tapping out, you just had to hear him tapping loudly and then the bell go to know he was tapping. Also, there's no way of denying that it is a poor man's WWE when you watch it, it uses former stars, it has a set that looks like a bad WWE house show or an episode of NXT and it has the same crowd every week. Onto the wrestling aspect... The roster is great if you don't consider Hogan part of the roster or some of the other dinosaurs that used to be sniffing around all the time... What I saw however, at BFG was refreshing it showed that TNA is now focused more on new stars and less on former WWE stars, they could still do with focusing less on former Attitude Era WWE stars but, if they continue to hold this balance it'll probably work out well, it should tip a little more to the young TNA guys' side though. Finally, most of the matches on Bound For Glory had people kicking out of finishing moves and I've heard people saying about how TNA always does this and when it does happen in every other match it completely devalues it. If they had reserved it for just one match the whole pay-per-view would have seemed a whole lot better. Overall, Bound for Glory as a PPV in general for me was about a 3. If I then consider it only as a TNA PPV I'd have to give it a 5 and say that if TNA was all I knew then most of these faults wouldn't matter and it'd be the best they could do but, I am aware of these faults and TNA shouldn't let stuff this simple hold them back.

You mostly watch WWE but you are complaining about TNA matches with people kicking out of finishers lol?

People kick out of finishers on regular TV in WWE frequently now.

At this point you aren't at all surprised when peopke kick out of two finishers in WWE, even kicking out of three or four finishers isn't out of the question. WWE is much, much, MUCH worse for this than TNA is. TNA actually routinely has wins from just one finisher

People ranted on about how good the last Punk vs Cena match was, how many finishers were in that like 10 or something?

The fact that, that is all you can respond to essentially says how right I am about everything in TNA. However, the thing you seem to have misunderstood is that I was talking in the concept of a single PPV in Bound for Glory which seemed to have a spot in almost every match in which someone's main finisher got kicked out of. WWE does not have near as many of those spots and the match you mentioned was one out of the whole card in an epic main event which that sort of spot is supposed to be reserved for which was what I was trying to imply, clearly it has to be spelled out for people like you.

TNA is doing well and I like their roster etc which you'd know if you read what I wrote... You'd also know that I was judging solely from Bound for Glory. TNA is the b-show it looks like shit so most people think it is shit. I liked what I saw but, WWE as a product is far easier on the eyes and something I like watching frequently a lot more. I don't want to watch a PPV with no pyro, crappy lighting and matches in which the sound of the ring and turnbuckles are louder than almost anything else. It's amateurish and that's their biggest problem. I wish I could say "TNA is just as good as or better/ more enjoyable to watch than WWE" but, I can't because of the reasons I gave in my first comment and the fact is the only one that I was probably wrong about was the finisher thing and that was only because everything I was saying was judged on their biggest PPV of the year which to me just felt like a bad episode of the old ECW mixed with a good episode of WCW.

The fact that, that is all you can respond to essentially says how right I am about everything in TNA. However, the thing you seem to have misunderstood is that I was talking in the concept of a single PPV in Bound for Glory which seemed to have a spot in almost every match in which someone's main finisher got kicked out of. WWE does not have near as many of those spots and the match you mentioned was one out of the whole card in an epic main event which that sort of spot is supposed to be reserved for which was what I was trying to imply, clearly it has to be spelled out for people like you.

TNA is doing well and I like their roster etc which you'd know if you read what I wrote... You'd also know that I was judging solely from Bound for Glory. TNA is the b-show it looks like shit so most people think it is shit. I liked what I saw but, WWE as a product is far easier on the eyes and something I like watching frequently a lot more. I don't want to watch a PPV with no pyro, crappy lighting and matches in which the sound of the ring and turnbuckles are louder than almost anything else. It's amateurish and that's their biggest problem. I wish I could say "TNA is just as good as or better/ more enjoyable to watch than WWE" but, I can't because of the reasons I gave in my first comment and the fact is the only one that I was probably wrong about was the finisher thing and that was only because everything I was saying was judged on their biggest PPV of the year which to me just felt like a bad episode of the old ECW mixed with a little bit of WCW.

James Storm vs Bobby Roode is better than anything I have seen in the PG WWE era.

I agree on the production side of things but in terms of the roster the matches and storylines far superior to WWE at the moment.

Who wants to watch botchathon Ryback or 3 move Cena against your only decent heel in the entire company CM Punk.

TNA is doing well and I like their roster etc which you'd know if you read what I wrote... You'd also know that I was judging solely from Bound for Glory. TNA is the b-show it looks like shit so most people think it is shit. I liked what I saw but, WWE as a product is far easier on the eyes and something I like watching frequently a lot more. I don't want to watch a PPV with no pyro, crappy lighting and matches in which the sound of the ring and turnbuckles are louder than almost anything else. It's amateurish and that's their biggest problem. I wish I could say "TNA is just as good as or better/ more enjoyable to watch than WWE" but, I can't because of the reasons I gave in my first comment and the fact is the only one that I was probably wrong about was the finisher thing and that was only because everything I was saying was judged on their biggest PPV of the year which to me just felt like a bad episode of the old ECW mixed with a good episode of WCW.

Not really it's just difficult to respond to you because it seems the concept of the paragraph is completely lost on you.

WWE does have PPV after PPV where everyone is kicking out of finishers though lol, people are kicking out of finishers on RAW. Yeah that Cena/Punk match was one on the card, it's also one in a long list of supposedly "epic" WWE matches that consisted of about 10 finishers being kicked out of because kicking out of finishers is such commonplace in WWE at this point that kicking out of 1 or 2 finishers simply isn't enough because everyone expects it to happen anyway and they have no clue how to build suspense in a match any more but to just have people kick out of finishers over and over and over and over again to create an "epic" match. I watch both companies every week, kicking out of finishers is far from an issue in TNA lol, especially in comparison to WWE.

You resort to calling out the commentary for them saying things like the "Angle clothesline" lol? how petty do you want to get it. Tenay is a vastly superior commentator to anyone going round in WWE, at least until JR came back around for a while.

You called out the production, and that's something nobody can disagree with, the production isn't up to WWE standard, but that isn't bringing anything new to the equation, people know that already. I don't need pyro to enjoy the show like you do, there's little reason to go back and forth over something like that, it's a personal thing. I can quite happily watch ROH which has even crappier production and really enjoy watching it, obviously you would most definitely not be able to do that. Each to their own.

The problem I've noticed with TNA is the way they constantly flip flop wrestlers between heel and face. For example, Austin Aries just turned face a few months ago, only to turn heel again and fued with Jeff Hardy. He was a focal point in the whole Aces & Eights thing, and then when the BFG series is over, they don't care about him anymore?

TNA has some great in ring performers. Most of them are solid on the mic. But the storylines and writing behind everything is atrocious. The idea of the Aces & Eights is interesting, but I feel like they are going to screw it up somehow.

The only fued I've liked in the past year was the James Storm/Bobby Roode fued. Other than that, the rest has been garbage.

i have a hard time following what the story line is in tna. hulk hogan always has to make it about him, just pay attention and you'll see it. i hate that they keep catering to jeff hardy, im tired of see his face and his divas title. austins title match was let jeff win or your fired. the prerecorded segments are so bad and obviously scripted it gives me cancer. when Mr.Kennedy beat up austin and when it was over you heard the camera guys say "ok thats a wrap". when people fight its so obvious their not hitting them. like on thursday wen aces beat up kurt angle it was so fake it gave me herpies and they got crabs and they had kids called herpacrabs, and they got aids when hulk hogan came down to the ring with A FOAM BASEBALL BAT. and they got hepatitus, aids, and diabeties when hulk hogan came down and "knocked everyone out" with one punch and went "immortal". so together TNA gave me hepatitaherpacrabaidabetes. Thats the best way i can explain how bad tna is.

You know that your production value is bad when you film a backstage segment between Aries and Anderson and there beating the hell out of each other only to hear the director of the segment says ''Cut'' and ''Were good''. I laugh so hard when i heard that because it made TNA look like a complete indy level company and after 10 years, if they don'T know how to edit a taped segment or do live TV, they really have a problem.

Yeah they really fucked up there. Took me out of the moment a bit. How could they have messed up like that? I mean that part was actually taped so they have no excuse. Shaking my head. Although I'm not a fan of Anderson's at all lol

And while I'm here, another segment I hated was the one where we were hearing Hardy's thoughts. Super lame and I bet it was Hardy's idea. Hardy is not some supernatural character like Taker, Kane, or Abyss. It it were them I'd still hate it, but not as much. Yeah, didn't like that at all.

Yeah they really fucked up there. Took me out of the moment a bit. How could they have messed up like that? I mean that part was actually taped so they have no excuse. Shaking my head. Although I'm not a fan of Anderson's at all lol
That was most likely the director with too loud a mic. Mishaps like that happen all the time. Not long ago, WWE was having a backstage skit and you could hear JR and Michael Cole mumbling about the script in the background.

And while I'm here, another segment I hated was the one where we were hearing Hardy's thoughts. Super lame and I bet it was Hardy's idea. Hardy is not some supernatural character like Taker, Kane, or Abyss. It it were them I'd still hate it, but not as much. Yeah, didn't like that at all.
It's more artistry than wanting to look supernatural and stuff. Not that I'm excusing it. Hardy has had a poor sense of clothes lately with that ridiculous long sleeve skintight vest.

That was most likely the director with too loud a mic. Mishaps like that happen all the time. Not long ago, WWE was having a backstage skit and you could hear JR and Michael Cole mumbling about the script in the background.

Yeah but this backstage segment was tape before the braodcast, there no way they couldn't have found a way to edit this up before the actual broadcast. The WWE would never have heard a tape skit with a mistake like that in it.

Another problem i saw with TNA this week was the 2 braodcast team. I actually loved the first hour with Borash and the other guy but then the most ackward moment happenned when they left so that Tazz and Tenay could do the second hour. If they want to do 2 braodcast team i don't mind but make the switch during the break. That way it does look less ackward.

Who gives a shit? You can find gaffes in anything. Fuck dude, movies spend months shooting and there a tons of stupid mistakes you can find throughout them.

Shit happens. Besides, it was funny.

I think TNA's biggest problem is a lack of confidence in a way.

To compare to WWE for a second...

If WWE wanna push someone, they push them. For 6 months or so they are PUSHED. Whether the crowd or the Internet agree or not.

TNA have storylines, pushes, concepts, and when some fans are vocal about it, they change their mind mid storyline...

Off the top of my head...

Top 10 rankings, Abyss leading an ECW heel stable, return of the MEM, Storm's Championship run, X-Division flip-flops. Aries face turn.

All of them, TNA lacked the focus to follow through. And that seems to be a constant problem, They react to the fans instantly.

If WWE chose to push a wrestler and the fans didn't care (Recent-ish, like Sheamus for instance, to begin with anyway; I know he's pretty over now.)

I'm a big TNA fan, I only watch an occaisional bit of WWE to keep up to date with the 5 or 6 guys on the roster who aren't awful. But their product shows experience. I think TNA would improve immensely if they just decided what they were going to do, and stuck to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back