[Official] General TNA Complaints Thread

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by It's Damn Real!, Jun 28, 2010.

?

How would you change TNA

1. Production Value

2. Current Talent Roster

3. Management Personnel

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

Been seeing too many threads around here lately disguised as threads with a legitimate direction that are little more than an excuse for users to randomly bitch & moan about TNA in a general sense.

It's one thing to post a thread debating a particular aspect or two about what TNA isn't doing right at any given time (in your opinion), but it's something entirely different to derail threads with real direction otherwise just to get a few slights in against the company.

That's what this thread is for – if you don't care to formulate your points into a more concise and debatable form so they fit the no-spam policies of this site, post them here, however please understand that this is still a no-spam thread, which means even if your complaints are generally directionless, you'll still need to back-up your points with at least one reason.

For example, if your issue is TNA's booking...

Post A
    Post B
    In this case, a post like the one in Post A is SPAM, and the post in Post B is not. Anyone posting something like Post A will still receive a warning or infraction for it – whichever applies in your case.

Also, please note that complaint threads posted as their own threads will have a set amount of time to develop a legitimate discussion reaction, but in the event they fail to, or the complaints are simply too all over the place, they will be merged here.

If you have any questions about a particular rant you have, please feel free to PM me or any of our Global Moderators if you're not entirely sure that your complaint will fit the no-SPAM policy, otherwise, happy whining everyone!

2. BLU3DRAG0N

BLU3DRAG0N New Member

If TNA isn't gonna come up with any original concepts or develop any original wrestlers or storylines, then they should just file for bankruptcy and quite while their, well not necessarily ahead. Obviously...

This is only the latest in a bunch of "blasts from the past" storylines that are apparently gonna get TNA more viewers. We can all agree that they are not gonna surpass WWE. Boy, what a flop that was huh?

Ric Flair, another 80 year old, some guy in a wheelchair, some guy with dyslexia in his early nineties, and the nurses from the nursing home where Ric Flair needs to have been 20 years ago will form an alliance and be called THE FOURSOME in TNA, even though there is more than 4 members.

WWE > TNA

Robindih likes this.
  3. Sting's Bat

Sting's Bat The True Icon

I guess ill get this off my chest i really dont like the ECW retred storyline that is going on for 3 main reasons.

1. It will mean even less time for some of thier talent and it will fill up their already crowded locker room with guys that individually havent been relavent in a long time(if ever).

2. I just have a terrible feeling that when they do decided to come into the company officially they will destroy the ring, attack the wrestlers in the ring whoever they are, and attack the annouce and ring staff which wil be very familiar with a storline currently running about a bunch of guys trying to make a impact.

3. Its not gonna be a rebirth of the tribe of extreme as much as its gonna be another desperate raid into the nostalgia tomb. I doubt we will see scaffold matches, barbwire matches, or landmine matches from this.

In closing id like to say i dont hate TNA, but i wish they would give thier originals(Styles, Joe,MCMG, and Doug Williams) and young transplants(Pope, Anderson,Morgan, and Wolfe)a chance to be at the forefront instead of guys who have been there already.

4. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Originality? In pro wrestling? Really? Because apparently only TNA is "unoriginal" in the world of pro wrestling. Let's ignore the fact that The Nexus are the spitting image of The Alliance before they were watered down by Vince McMahon. Pay no heed to Lay-Cool and the obvious Beautiful People ripoff they are. In the world of pro wrestling, originality means shit.
    Oh yeah, what a flop. Jackasses like you are... what the word that old guy uses a lot? Oh, cancer. That moronic negativity of ignorant little idiots like yourself really pisses me off. "Oh they'll never have the half century history of WWE. They'll never be better than them because they are smaller and have less notoriety." If Rey Mysterio can beat Kevin Nash, then TNA can be a major wrestling promotion. Who the fuck are to think otherwise? God? 8 years running and they have recruited the likes of Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Mick FOley and more. And have helped develop names like AJ Styles, Matt Morgan, Beer Money, Jeff Hardy and Christian. That's right. Christian and Jeff Hardy.
    Ah, of course. The fuck are you watching? The TV program or reading reports? It's "Fortune". Another correction. There are no members in the group yet. Ric Flair is putting over 6 talents with this storyline right now who's names I won't point out because since you obviously don't follow the product, and would rather babble ignorantly, I won't bother. Tell you what. Take your ignorant and oblivious ass and put it to good use. Head for the WWE section. And post there. Where your opinion actually can lead to a healthy discussion rather than drawing my anger and disdain to the so called "smarks" that pollute pro wrestling with their "I can run pro wrestling" attitude and can somehow dictate what the words "success" and "failure" mean.
    Your opinion would mean so much more if there was substance to your complaint. But instead you're yaking about a legend of pro wrestling managing a stable of young talent. Evolution doesn't seem to mean much to you, does it? Didn't an 80 year currently in a "wheelchair" lead it with a guy that was always holding back people? Or was it forgivable because that man was 70 years old when it happened?

Reflection likes this.
  5. ABMorales787

A complaint with substance? Nah, couldn't be.
    Reasons. I'm liking you already.

Not exactly. Think of it as a backwards version of The Nexus. This may be similar to when TNA had the MEM around. The talent was elevated due to being consistantly dominated and eventually rose up each by their own accord rather than as one group (The Frontline). AJ Styles became World Champion by beating Kurt Angle. Matt Morgan elevated himself by drawing the Mafia's attention. Samoa Joe became relevant (albeit for a short time) by siding with them. Eric Young overthrew them. Maybe they failed with Eric Young, but not with Matt and AJ. And this time, the ECW group may also include Abyss and Samoa Joe. Joe is doing great, but he needs a story. Abyss is... Well Abyss, he can't help himself. At least he's on a role he can work right. THe point is that a supergroup can still elevate lots of talent at once and not exactly take up all the air time. In the end, what counts is who wins the war.
    Maybe. But it looks more strategic than The Nexus story going on in Raw. Its not one guy from the shadows manipulating rookies, it's a group of legends looking for revenge.
    I don't recall a Landmine match in ECW, but I see the ECW guys as the orchestrator, not the whole group. This group already has Abyss as sort of an avatar for them and hints of Joe being associated by the kidnapping a few months back link him to it as well. The group may have them as leaders, but TNA already knows that they have little to offer in the ring.

I wouldn't worry. Kurt Angle vs D 'Angelo Dinero, Mr. Anderson getting a shot at the World Title, Jay Lethal and Fortune, the talent is being pushed. That can't be denied.

6. Ismackayouface

Ismackayouface Dark Match Jobber

I think the majority of the things people complain about regarding TNA are trivial. I think their biggest problem is a negative brand image. No matter if they pull of something amazing, it will only be met with limited praise. In a lot of people's eyes, TNA can't do anything right.

Wrestling isn't necessarily "good" these days, no matter what program you watch but TNA will always get judged more harshly because the fed already has a bad public image. Once they get rid of what people feel are the negative aspects of the company, people will go easier on the bashing or might even follow the fed weekly. Even if the changes don't have a positive impact on the company.

There is no reason that a wrestling fan should wish for the closing of a promotion. Doesn't make any sense. Just stick to what you like. Why go picking a fight?

ABMorales787 and It's Damn Real! like this.
  7. Reddannihilation

Reddannihilation Championship Contender

First of all they're not going to dismantle the ring as that was already ******ed and pointless enough on RAW. Secondly they're not going to attack the ring staff because that was pointless enough on RAW, however you can guarantee that at TNA you wouldn't be fired for choking someone in a rehearsed spot. And they're certainly not going to attack the announcers when one of them is Taz. Seriously I'm confused as to where people are getting this idea that the NXT-blood storyline is good. It's lacks any fucking logic at all and yet that's the go-to complaint about TNA.

Is there any complaint in this thread that isn't really dumb?

8. knoxj24

knoxj24 New Member

Not sure if anybody mentioned this, but one critical piece of TNA booking that I still am unable to comprehend is this whole Eric Young/Nash/Band love triangle. Let me see if I got this right, Nash turns on the Band, Nash turns on Young to join Band in a 'swerve' that could be seen a million miles away, and then Young randomly turns to join the Band. Granted I have never been a fan of Eric Young, but I find it difficult to jeer or even cheer a guy who has flip flopped more times than the Giant in 1998.

9. ABMorales787

I know. This was very badly handled. But it wasn't all Eric Young's fault. At first he was supposed to feud with The Band and go that way. But then Syxx Pac contracted an illness and had to leave. Leaving the group shorthanded for other ideas. Since Eric already had a connection with Nash they decided to put them back together but then Scott left due to his issues. In the end it all collapsed. The overall booking of the group was badly handled. Best it met its end.

10. Sting's Bat

The main reason i fear this is because of the Montreal screw-job redux done earlier this year, not due to its being silly or stupid. In fact it would be very ECW-like to go apes**t trashing everything and everyone in sight.

I agree the WWE really did do DB a raw deal with that spot, But politics are muddy and bloody waters.

Its seemingly new and exciting, a invasion angle done right so far.

The reason i stated point two is because i don't want more "See TNA is ripping off WWE again" type things to go around because it undermines the company, not a dumb reason since i certainly dont want that nor do you. I want TNA to have it own identity so the TNA detractors are outed as the anti-marks that most of them are.

I could very well see a attack on both Tazz and RVD i mean all u have to do is insert cliche reason here(they are traitors, they left them behind to be successful or for shit that happened in ECW all those years ago). Also kayfabe wise Tazz terrorized and beat the shit out of everyone in ECW and RVD kayfabe wise is very self centered and arrogant, which would grate on the modest Tommy Dreamer.

Edit: One thing Riaku i'd rather not see Joe in a group since he is better off alone in my opinion, in groups he seems to become a thug that can be interchanged with anybody else.

11. Suneeboy

Suneeboy Big Boot, Leg Drop, 1....2....3

It’s not so much that I have a general complaint about TNA, because there isn’t one thing that I can specifically point out without addressing multiple issues at the same time. The complaints would make my contribution here more of an article than a forum post.

In a nutshell, all I can say about TNA is that it is not entertaining. It is difficult to follow, I am unable to connect with the characters. I get considerably annoyed when I do decide to watch, and I find myself only watching just to A) see if it’s going to get better and B) I am a wrestling fan.

I don’t like how many of the characters and stories take complete 180 degree turns without explanation. Why are so many people turning heel and face at the drop of a dime without any build up, and all at the same time? From 6 months ago, just about everyone who was a face turned heel, and just about every heel turned face…some of them twice (Brother Ray, Homicide, Matt Morgan, Nash, Eric Young, and it looks like Mr. Anderson and AJ Styles are next).

I’m unhappy with the people they’ve let go, versus the people they’ve brought in and the people they are pushing. I’m not entertained by Shannon Moore, Orlando Jordan, Brian Kendrick, Jesse Neal, or Eric Young. In the upper portion of the card, I am not entertained by Rob Van Dam, Kevin Nash, Abyss, Jeff Hardy, and others. This could be a booking issue, but their characters do more to annoy me and turn me away than entertain me on a weekly basis. Their promos fall flat, and come across sloppy and unrehearsed, and their segments are poorly timed (ie run-ins look awkward, and brawls look unimaginative). I’m upset that many of the entertaining Knockouts are either gone, or don’t get any TV time such as Hamada, Awesome Kong, Alyssa Flash, and Tara.

What I can generally say is that the show is for a lack of better words, not fun to watch. The product is unorganized, and difficult to follow, and I feel like I am wasting precious time when I do decide to sit in front of the television. It was great to watch last year when I first discovered TNA, but once Hogan and Bischoff came on board it became an unwatchable show. They need to do something fast. From what I’ve been seeing, ratings are either down or flat week to week, and fans are getting restless. I just don’t think there is anyone who can honestly say this shit is fun to watch. There may be good “parts” but the overall product is just unbearable. The ratings and fan outcries reflect that.

Big Nick Dudley likes this.
  12. kissfan85

kissfan85 Pre-Show Stalwart

What I like about TNA is, there's no PG rating
    Now just cause there's no PG rating does that mean that Rob Van Dam has to make pot references on tv?
    Or does that mean that they have to get even more skanky with the females?

When the hell did if become ok to just say a**hole on tv? Now when Anderson does it once or twice it is funny, but when he says it over and over and over again he just killed it completely and it isn't the slightest bit funny anymore

Once and a while TNA will have something good and then they'll just kill it

Why would they give a skank like velvet sky a pay raise, when they have a real woman who actually wears cloths like ODB...even the WWE Diva's don't look as skanky as these nasty women on TNA,
    It looks like you could catch an STD just by standing in the ring after one of those women leave....

I loved beer money, and now there working for flair and I can't stand team flair...killed it
    I loved black machismo, they took away the gimmick and now he's dead to me
    I'm running out of reasons to watch TNA

13. WWE.IS.AWESOME

WWE.IS.AWESOME Future Women's Champion

Ok well i have a few complaints about TNA.

1. Bad Advertising: I almost ALWAYS hear WWE commercials on the radio and on TV stations but i rarely see any for TNA. If they want to get more fans than they need to get more people to know about it. 6 months ago I didnt even know that TNA existed.

2. Make their own talent!!!: This is a big one for me. There are a bunch of old WWE stars coming over to TNA. WWE is building stars and making legends while TNA steals them after they are done with WWE. They need to start making more of their own talent and building new characters.

Stolen WWE Fighters/Figures :

Hulk Hogan
    Ric Flair
    Eric Bischoff
    Jeff Hardy
    RVD
    Sting
    Tara/Victoria
    The Nasty Boys (formerly)
    Mick Foley
    Kurt Angle
    Mr. Anderson/Kennedy
    Jeff Jarret
    And their are probably more that I forgot!

3. Too much talent, so little time : Their roster is huge and they are barely fitting half them into the show. UGGGGHHHH TNA URKS ME!

14. Sting's Bat

Well in Jarrets Case he founded TNA so TNA didnt really steal him he stole himself

Sting was NEVER a WWE guy not ever in fact when WCW folded he refused to go over to WWE because he doesnt like WWE

Bishoff was a WCW guy first before he was in the WWE so he not a former WWE star he has his own fame from leading the charge during the original monday night wars beating the then WWF in the rating for 1 period.

As far as Flair goes it hard to judge which promotion made him more famous WWE or WCW so call him a WWE outright is suspect.

15. Unsold Bacon

Unsold Bacon Shucky Ducky Quack Quack

I'm pretty sure the only person on their roster who hasn't been in WWE at one point is Sting(that includes Styles and Joe). But don't complain about it,they have to go somewhere, so I don't blame them.

16. It's Damn Real!

One, stolen? Really, kid? Really? Stolen? I wonder, what does that make Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Triple H, The Undertaker, Mick Foley and a number of other ex-WCW stars that the WWE "stole"?

I hate this line of thinking, anyway. While I want them to develop their own stars as well (and they are in Styles, Morgan, Wolfe, etc.), all wrestling talent comes from somewhere else, just as it did for the WWF in their infancy – back then they were known as territories, so I'm curious, is Hulk Hogan "stolen" too, considering he came from the AWA before he ever stepped foot in a WWE/F ring?

Talent is talent, regardless of where they worked prior. I'd contest that the Burke you see in TNA is far more valuable than the Burke you saw in the WWECW anyway, and the same could be said for Mr. Anderson, Mick Foley, Tara and a number of others.

Oh, and Sting never wrestled for the WWE or the WWF, so kindly remove him from your list.

17. Sting's Bat

I think the stolen thing comes from people believing that a particular company built the wrestlers the most, which is why i dispute Flair since I think he had a more notable run in WCW then he did in WWE/F.

But i wont dispute Hogan since Hulkamania was born in the WWF.

18. It's Damn Real!

Who cares? Why does that matter? Good or them. WWE made Hogan. Awesome. How does that possibly make it not OK to capitalize on that popularity simply because you didn't popularize the character yourself?

It's that type of backward ass thinking that makes the "WWE Universe" look like a conglomerate of brain-washed assholes with a holier-than-thou attitude.

Again, who gives a fuck where talent comes from, who they worked for before they worked [insert company here], or more importantly, what they worked as there?

WCW should have repackaged Bret Hart as anything but Bret Hart because they didn't make him? Or perhaps they should have run Savage as something brand new, because well, the Macho Man was a WWF creation, right? How about DiBiase, Hennig, Rude, Nash, Hall, etc? Should all of them have had to go through the same?

19. Bobby B

Bobby B Time to play the game

IDR, I agree with you on the whole. As a rule, I don't mind TNA re-using old gimmicks from other companies (he'll - it would look odd if they didn't). But that only works if you have a use for that gimmick and the person in question has something to offer.

Do Kevin Nash and Scott Hall have anything to offer TNA. Personally I think not. Does Hulk Hogan, I think not. If you're going to bring people in from other companies, make sure each of these signings is well thought out and that you have a direction for them. Maybe if this was the case (and I'm not saying it never is) more often, TNA wouldn't be being marked with the tag of a WWE/WCW safety net. At times, it seems like TNA signs people simply on the basis that they are former WWE stars.

20. JackBurton

JackBurton Pre-Show Stalwart

This pisses me off to no end. Then again, anyone who's read my posts would argue it doesn't take much - and they'd be right. Vince Mcmahon's empire is built on the blood, sweat and tears of workers who were top guys in other companies. Why, WHY, is it soooo hard to understand this? Why, WHY, do people who claim they have a love or affection for this industry not:

1. Accept it when the guys who make the business you claim to love seek employment anywhere else other than WWE. Not much love there imo

2. Understand the very simple fact that the business has always been this way and will continue to be this way.

Its not fuckin' rocket science people. Please, PLEASE, stop this stupid tribalism horseshit. That goes for both sets of fans who have taken sides. Grow the fuck up please.

21. cmmccaig

cmmccaig New Member

As best as I can remember, Flair made his name in the NWA, Foley was in Texas and wrestling in Japan, Jarret started in Memphis, I remember Hogan in Memphis for a short time....I saw mentioned about Hennig, he was AWA.
    I also agree with the post about griping about where they go. I like seeing some of the old guys move around if they aren't getting any action elsewhere. Hogan and Flair can't even make it look good anymore so that is a bit too old. I also agree they need to bring up a few more new guys. Some heavyweights would be nice to see for a change. Lots of high flyers already.

JMO

22. Schizophrenic

Schizophrenic iMPACT! Player From The Start

My big complaint right now is only the fans. TNA NEEDSto get out of the Impact Zone. Half the people are theme park goers and the other half are just moronic smakrs who are more interested in getting themselves over. I rewatched Impact and on thing that bugged the shit out of me was when Madison was talking the fans started doing the ******ed "What?" bullshit. That was mabe funny for the first ouple of time 10 years ago but now it's as played out as the comments about Montreal. I still say that Orlando fans are simply spoiled and could use a good does of NOT having TNA around for free for a good while.

23. It's Damn Real!

And I might be inclined to agree with you as well, but we're not going to see eye-to-eye on this, because I think Kevin Nash absolutely has plenty to offer, as did Scott Hall, and as does Hulk Hogan.

Halls issue was that he simply couldn't put his vices aside in order to really apply himself to his full potential – a problem that's plagued him his entire career. He sabotages himself, really. A sober Hall, however, is a fantastic veteran presence to have in a wrestling company.

Hogan, when not attempting to wrestle, is one of the most recognizable names in all of pro-wrestling history, and as a result, Hogan is in fact a valuable component to TNA in that he's capable of selling himself to rake in better advertising and sponsors, as well as sell others through him – though I'm not entirely sure the whole red & yellow tribute is entirely necessary. See Jay Lethal most recently.

Kevin Nash, on the other hand, can still go, and is still one of the most personable characters in all of pro-wrestling history. As a result, though older, he still brings the most bang-for-buck among the veterans in that locker room, and has been instrumental in pushing young talent. Like Alex Shelley? You can thank Kevin Nash for that. Like Jay Lethal? You can thank Kevin Nash for that. Did you like Eric Young? Austin Aeries – err Starr? Sonjay Dutt? Thank Nash for all of them. He was the first vet who really pushed the youth movement for TNA – long before Hogan.

So what's so evil about signing these guys despite the fact they made their claim to fame elsewhere? Are they still not relevant names in the wrestling industry? Are they still not capable of helping new talent get over?

goodlay likes this.
  24. ABMorales787

Kevin Nash has been there for moral support backstage. At least taht's what I understand. He's very well liked backstage and having him around is like having Jeff Jarrett. An older figure they can relate to. He can still offer a lot. Not much in the ring, but the guy is quite sharp. He can do business. Is always good to have a guy like him around. As for Scott Hall, his deal wasn't long term to begin with. He just cut it even shorter.

For now TNA is under contract there I believe. They can't get out until it ends. No clue how that one works. But the iMPACT! fans are not the only people to do the "What" thing. It's in WWE all the time as well. TNA does need to go elsewhere, but for now they really can't. The audiences would be so much bigger if they got out. Just watch Lockdown.

25. psykohurricane

psykohurricane Championship Contender

We can complain all we want about TNA but the fact of the matter is that until Dixie understand how to create an identity for TNA. For the longest time, TNA have been banking all their success on nostalgia. From Sting all the way to ECW right now, TNA has been were nostalgia angle happens.

TNA needs to create their own history instead of trying to remake history all the time. Trying to remake stuff that WWE did before is pointless and you got to realise that most fans are guys weren'T even watching these angles before and probably don'T even remember those guys they are bringing so it's time for TNA to create their identity and drop all this nostagia stuff. It doesn'T work and the newer fans don'T want to watch this veteran get all the t.v time while the younger guys that could be the face of the company gets the shaft.

Sting's Bat likes this.