Tara to Return?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
The Wrestling Observer has reported that Lisa Varon – formerly "Tara" of TNA – is believed to be returning to the company.

Get this... story goes, when she was leaving TNA when her contract "expired" earlier this year and they worked the retirement stipulation into her match with Madison Rayne at Sacrifice, apparently before the match even haappened, Tara and Dixie Carter worked out a new deal, but since they already promoted the retirement angle, they went ahead with it anyway.

TNA is reportedly trying to come up with a return strategy for her to explain why she can return, so have at it, folks – if you're in charge, how does she return, and more importantly, why is she allowed to?

In addition to this, how do you see this affecting the Knockouts division?

Please note, while this thread is simplistic in it's form, it's still a non-spam forum, so you'll need to provide an explanation to your answer regardless. Failure to do so will result in warnings/infractions for spamming.

I'd say keep it simple. Have Tara start attacking Madison Rayne, taunting her, but Madison unable to really strike back because she keeps getting surprised. Finally, Madison snaps and demands that Tara be reinstated so that Madison can finally get her hands on her. It's simple, effective, and therefore Russo will never do it. She'll probably have to get banged in by all the members of Fourtune, and then Madison will steal her stupid effing spider for no reason, and then Tara will want revenge, b ut bring in an intermediary to do it for her, and...I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. And I don't even care about women's wrestling. DAMN YOU RUSSO!!!!!!!!

I like your idea Hulkamaniac. I just want to change it a bit. Instead of her showing the attack Madison is attacked off screen, and laying down on screen to sell the attack, then gradually show the attacker dressed in all black including a mask, actually attacking her. Having Bischoff and Hogan try and figure out who it is. Then either during a match or after a match have Tara still disguised and attack Madison.

Hey it worked in my EWR TNA promotion, but could work in real life. The stalker angle hasn't been done since the horrendous DDP angle.

OR...

just have her join Fortune....They are looking to dominate, and why not pick a woman who has retired. their mouth after all has done it before. They need a woman to represent the KO division.

IMO It would make the KO division watchable again.

If you ask me, the simplest way is safest, so I say go the Hardy/McIntyre route and have Tara start showing up as a ticket-holding spectator, distracting Rayne in her matches to the point she loses them. Then have Rayne attack Tara at ring-side and have security hold her back before someone in management – maybe Bischoff – comes out and states that because Rayne attacked Tara while she was not under contract, TNA have rescinded the retirement clause and reinstated Tara, who will subsequently face Rayne in a re-match for the KO title at Victory Road!

I like the ideas here. Tara should be some mysterious person doing the assaults on Madison on and off the screen until she can't take it anymore and goes to Bischoff and Hogan and get something done. Nothing over the top. I simple yet effective way to bring her back.

I really like the idea of putting her in Fortune, because you have never had a dominate female wrestler as a member of a dominate stable like this before, except maybe for Chyna. Flair could say he only wants the best of the best in Fortune and he brings Tara back to bring the Womens Championship into the fold.

If they are going to go with the simple attacker/stalker angle, then go with her in a completely masked outfit, where "no one knows" who this is. But don't just limit her to attacking Rayne and the Beautiful People, have her go after everyone. All the Knockouts would be on edge, wondering who was under the mask. Not trusting anyone and turning on one another. Then Tara reveals herself and capitalizes on the chaos and wins the Womens Championships.

I think the general idea here would work better if Tara came back after Angelina instead of Madison. Madison would never let Tara comeback to challenge her while Love would maybe be open to such a circumstance. It might be simple yet interesting if Love won the title and cut a promo saying she wanted Tara back in TNA so she could beat her and finish their beef once and for all.

If you like something more swervy Tara comes back in the service of the Beautiful People. Tara comes out of the crowd at the PPV and takes out Angelina. The story is Lacey "convinced" the powers in the back (on her back?) to re-instate Tara under their command. So now if Tara wants a job she is the beautiful people's bitch. A little edgy and gives a decent story to work over time about if Tara wants to go full heel or figure out a way to escape their service.

Final option, have several "retired" knockouts without contracts including Tara come attack everyone and pull the ring apart. Have them do this a few times and sometimes people from the back stop them and other times they inexplicably ignore them. Then randomly have a mystery email give them all jobs. Problem solved. Trust me people mark out hard for such gibberish.

The mystery attacker angle is the way to go. Have a "hooded stranger-like" Tara backstage take out a different Knockout every week. Then Tara goes after all the members of the Beautiful People in one night. Maddy Rayne just got done with winning another match and Tara comes out and attacks Maddy, but Maddy appears to be prepared for it in advance and starts beating the crap out of her. Tara appears to be begging for mercy and Maddy tries to take off the mask, Maddy is shocked to realize it's Tara and in her shock leaves her wide open for a Widow's Peak. I'll cry cause Seattle's Finest got taken out, but at least the Knockouts division will be more entertaining when Tara's back.

The "retirement" angle was so dull that somehow I think the fans wouldn't even care. Plus how stupid was that? Was a double DQ or double count out that hard to book? Is this more made up shit? That's what it smells like. Why not repackage her? Put a mask on her and give her a new moveset and gimmick. She might actually draw attention to the division this time. She was shit at the end of her run. This is a good chance to change her and find a new way to get her over with the crowd.

I liked the Matt Hardy/ Mcintyre comparison. Make sure it burns slowly and when they actually meet in the ring, it will be awesome because of the intensity that will be behind it. There would be no reason to throw this match away on Impact with no build.

I'm not Rayne is the best target though. I'd rather see he vs Love to be honest. Let that feud continue. Tara can be a really good heel and the only hesitation would be how truly over Angelina can be as a face.

I liked the Matt Hardy/ Mcintyre comparison. Make sure it burns slowly and when they actually meet in the ring, it will be awesome because of the intensity that will be behind it. There would be no reason to throw this match away on Impact with no build.

I'm not Rayne is the best target though. I'd rather see he vs Love to be honest. Let that feud continue. Tara can be a really good heel and the only hesitation would be how truly over Angelina can be as a face.

Well the concept of Love being a really good face (which I'm not entirely sold she's capable of doing) aside, the reason I went with Rayne is because Rayne is the current KOC, and the reason Tara was "fired" (kayfabe) to begin with – why alleviate that follow-up just to build Tara up as a heel? She was already heel turning before leaving anyway – I don't think she needs much of a reason to go back.

Riaku, U certainly have a point there about putting a mask on her, and have her work like that. As or the stupidity of having a double dq or double count out, look what WWE did the other week with the Diva battle royal....they were eliminated when they went through the middle ropes. Now that's F'd up!!!

The McIntyre/Hardy story? Hell no! If what you have in mind is to have Tara continuously and repetitively attack Madison week in and week out, then no. Why? Because the BP already have to feud with the returning Angelina Love. The month before that, they feuded with the returning Roxxi. Now you want another "return to feud with champ" angle? Is this gonna be what the Knockout Division is about? Hide and Seek and Destroy? Tara hasn't drawn since her debut, when the damn spider was new. She's not gonna do it now by "returning" following a 2 month hiatus caused by Dixie's blunders. Either re-package her or keep her off TV. We saw enough of Tara last year. Give someone else a try. You have Hamada, Taylor, Sarita and a few others I can't recall. Use them.

is the wrestling observer reliable? because theirs many fake reports out there

If Tara worked out a new deal with TNA before her match with madison, why didn't she just go over Madison and win the title??? it doesn't make sence, i know TNA doesn't have a problem with short title reigns seen as though most of the knockout title reigns don't even last 20 days

I'll believe it when i see it but tara should really stay retire because she's had a great career and she should leave on the top of her game, not end up old and beat up

I'd say book it kind like Lesnar/Goldberg style. Maybe at a pay per view, have Tara show up in the audience, merely as a spectator. Then after Rayne wins her match, she comes over and spits in Tara's face, resulting in a slap. Then over the weeks leading to the next pay per view, Rayne keeps mentioning Tara in her promos, so Tara shows up at the new pay per view , again merely as a spectator. Only this time, Rayne comes out to slap Tara who stops her and jumps the barricade and they start brawling. On the next Impact that airs, Bischoff comes out and says due to the obvious animosity that these two have for each other , Tara has come out of retirement to finish off where they left off or something.

That's how I'd book her coming back, however, I don't want her to come back. Don't get me wrong, I love her ring work, and I love her booty, but she's done enough in the industry to solidify her place in history. She's had a great career in both WWE and TNA and honestly has done all she can, so as much as I'd love for her to come back, I'd also like for her to consider staying retired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back