AJ Styles is New TNA Global Champion

AJ as Global Champion is about the best possible thing you could do for that belt. He's the most decorated champion in TNA history, and one of the (if not the) most entertaining young stars in the company who always makes the best of his championship reigns.

I couldn't agree more with your post. AJ is the BEST choice to be Global Champion and to add something to this title that lacks meaning. I honestly would really enjoy Desmond Wolfe as the Global Champion but maybe we will see that happen if he ends up feuding with Fortune instead of being alligned with them.

For some unknown reason I enjoy Rob Terry and want to see the guy succeed but he needs alot more training and ring experience before he should have any title put around his waist. Congrats to AJ Styles.

I am with Zionist in that I do not see why people think this automatically takes AJ out of contention for the TNA WHC. They could easily have an Undisputed champion type scenario if they wanted to. AJ was 6th in the rankings this month and has been winning while Lethal in 5th lost. So AJ is clearly in the mix. However, I think it is a great thing for making the title credible if they want to go that route. AJ could feud with Lethal over the belt (TNAs first ever feud over the upper mid-card belt that anyone would care about could be a huge step in the right direction) or it could be Wolfe or maybe even eventually Kaz. The possibilities sound pretty good to me so I am a fan of the change. The WHC picture still has plenty of intrigue even if AJ is less active in it.

AJ has made Rob Terry look decent twice now. Imagine what he can do for wrestlers with a lot more talent.

This makes AJ the first 2 time Global champion now, seeing as Legends Title reigns are included by TNA. Good stuff, with AJ actually being on screen each week and getting to defend the title often, the global belt might actually mean something. This is a good way to build up a midcard belt, so long as AJ has a decent reign (3 months+).
Actually Kevin Nash is the first 2 time TNA Global Champion. He won the belt from AJ Styles the first time at Victory Road '09, lost it to Mick Foley on iMPACT! and won it back from him at Hard Justice '09.
I would love to sit in on TNA's creative meetings, assuming of course they actually have meetings. The last one seemed to go a little like this:
"Hey for the first in history one of our guys is #1 on the PWI top wrestlers. What should we do with him? I know! Let's give him the least credible championship we have! Genius!!"

Stupid Fuckin TNA
More like fucking stupid you. "Most decorated wrestler in our company, meet our most discredited belt in history. Raise the bar and work your magic." It's a no brainer.

How the hell was it a bad thing? He beat #10. For a title. He's #6. It's a win. It makes him go higher in the rankings. With belt with him. He's always on iMPACT!. Can't say that about the 2 previous champions.

Like a lot of people, I'm kind of mixed on this. I thought the match last night was awful and I can't recall a time in which AJ Styles was booked to look as weak and ineffectual as he was last night. The match in and of itself lasted for about 3 minutes and was for a championship. Shitty and outright lazy booking overall.
I liked the match. For one, it showed the unity of the group, it got them their first piece of gold and how could you not like AJ's shuffle? I realize AJ got little offense in, but he's a heel. He should win in a way that draws heat. So he cheated. Plus that was easily Rob Terry's greatest performance.
The Global title is a big step down for Styles, it's far removed from the world title, and it doesn't really mean squat right now. However, Styles is a far superior wrestler to Rob Terry, so maybe this could potentially be the first step towards actually making the title mean something.
I don't think it's a step down for AJ. Not by a long shot. He's #6 in the rankings and has collected 2 wins since the last ranking with no loss yet. He's taking the belt up.

For some unknown reason I enjoy Rob Terry and want to see the guy succeed but he needs alot more training and ring experience before he should have any title put around his waist. Congrats to AJ Styles.

I agree, Rob Terry has a lot of potential, but he needs more training. His actual wrestling skills suck a big one. His beatdown moves are the best, but thats where his skill ends. Maybe he should get "injured" and go back to wrestling school for a month or two.

I also agree that with the Global Title around Styles waist the status of the belt will be elevated.

my only real beef with last night's match is 1) it was way to short, they coulda easily gone 7-10 minutes on it. and 2) I feel AJ should have won it clean, pull a ton of dirty shit during the match...but get a clean pinfall to get the title.

as for the name, "global"...hmmmmm basically means world.

then you have TV like ECW did, what does that actually mean? only defend it on TV?
well, isnt the WHC defended on TV too? cant win either way,

but global sounds cool, and it is a sweet looking belt. so I'm cool with it! :icon_biggrin:

Yea the match was a peice of crap but Aj styles deserves some sort of gold since hes kind of been kicked out by mr anderson, rvd and but not so much jeff hardy.

Its stupid, because they were suposed to be building rob terry as a big man and he an take out anyone, along comes AJ and Terry is now a former Global Champion...

I know there was no reason whatsoever for this defeat, what ever they were going to build on Rob Terry has now been buried because they wanted to give the Fourtune stable its first title..

Way to go TNA....AGAIN!!

More like fucking stupid you. "Most decorated wrestler in our company, meet our most discredited belt in history. Raise the bar and work your magic." It's a no brainer.

How the hell was it a bad thing? He beat #10. For a title. He's #6. It's a win. It makes him go higher in the rankings. With belt with him. He's always on iMPACT!. Can't say that about the 2 previous champions.

Well if this just isn't the ****** calling the numbnuts a dumbass. You have to be only person using a completely arbitrary "ranking system" (made up entirely by TNA so that they don't have to actually write storylines in order to determine the next challenger for the world title) as an arguing point. Congratulations assclown!

I'll tell you how the hell it was a bad thing. AJ Styles isn't the most decorated wrestler in their company but he is the most decorated wrestler made by their company. He was just named the #1 wrestler this year by PWI and is the first TNA guy to have done so. People who have never watched TNA or have never heard of AJ are now interested in seeing this guy in action. They tune in and what the fuck do they see? A 3 minute bullshit excuse for a "match" in which he barely wins the least credible championship in all the company. This was not a smart move at all.

I think that this is a good thing firstly they got the belt of Rob Terry. That belt badly needs some prestige and what better person to give the belt prestige than the longest reigning TNA world heavyweight champion in the companys history. This also gives fortune some prestige as noe they have some gold. The only thing that im worried about is that this will relegate AJ down the card but I doubt that even TNA are that stupid. I suppose that he is still no 6 in the rankings and has a match with Kurt coming up aswell as being mentored by Ric Flair so I doubt he is moving down the card.

I like seeing a title back on AJ but i hate the manor it happened in. A title change that doesn't air on TV till 9 days after the switch happened loses much of its value. I really hope to see TNA film less episodes more often because its very easy to come across these results online even if you weren't looking for them. Takes away from the shock and credibility of the belt changes and winners of matches in general. To get back on topic though awesome that AJ got a title, hopefully we can see him build this title up a little and make it into somewhat of a bridge way for future world champs.

This is the end of Big Rob as we know it, no doubt. He barely made it on TV when he and the title. Now? Won't see him for months. A shame, really, as I had hopes for Rob to actually rise like a phoenix throughout the company. He's burned to the ground now.

As far as AJ winning, it gives him something to do. That's cool. It also means the Global Title might be mentioned, a lot actually, considering the whole Fortune thing will get a lot of airtime. Doesn't really matter though as the belt is completely pointless and has been since Bookah gave birth to it.

Hopefully we don't see a series of AJ/Kaz matches for the belt, which may happen.

I just hope that now The Global Title can turn back into The Legends Title or some other name.

I knew as soon as AJ lost the belt that either he would win another title or beat RVD for it. Obviously option #2 was a long shot, so i'm just glad he's a champion again.

Smart move by TNA...as far as AJ Styles is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back