TNA Global Title now the TNA TV Title

I was ecstatic to hear that TNA was renaming the Global title to the TV Title when AJ announced it on Impact last week. That belt has been a complete joke from the beginning and was basically completely buried during it's time as the "Global" title in which the thing would just disappear from TV for weeks at a time with no explanation given. Now with a top guy like AJ holding the belt and likely for awhile, the title can regain some prestige and become a legitimate mid-card title for TNA, something they've desperately needed since they decided to relegate the X-Division to basically just a cruiserweight division with no room for growth.

Great news and I hope AJ holds it for many months and defends it regularly to prove how damn good he is just as Tully Blachard would do in the Horsemen days. This is (thankfully) one of the few things TNA has done right lately

Well the TNA TV title will most likely be on par with the ECW World Television Championship not the WCW World Television Championship. I had ust gotten used to the Global title and although a tad redundant I thought the name fit because Terry vowed to defend it throughout Europe. Truly a globe trotter he was so it was a name that had merit. TNA can't constantly change a title's name when it sees fit though, you can't do that period in any fed. They need continuity but I think a TV title that meets the text book deffinition and the obvious criteria will do them alot of good. But this has to be the final name change.

Great move. Global title was the most useless title that TNA had. Love the idea of a TV title, like how great the WCW TV title was. If used properly, this can be a great addition to TNA. And so far, im liking it, and AJ Styles is the perfect guy to elevate this title and take it to the next level.

A TV title isn't anything revolutionary and isn't going change TNA exponentially. But it's miles ahead of the failure of a belt that was the Global title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back