[Official] Posting Guidelines & FAQ for the TNA Section (Please Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
Alright. I've noticed a lot of rather poor threads and posting in here lately. I'm not down on anyone for posting. I just want to make sure we have the most fun and create the best discussions possible. So I'm listing some guidelines on posting here and where certain topics would go. That way, there's less infractions and more discussions. And if there are any questions, feel free to PM me or our G-Mods or Slyfox if I'm not here.

1. SPAM

Spam is clearly defined in our Wrestlezone Rule book. It's your responsibility to read that rule book before posting. Once you post in here, the perception is that you read our rules and are violating them willingly. First time spammers get a warning. Habitual spammers will be infracted and banned according to my discretion. DO NOT SPAM.

2: ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT TNA

The Ask a Question thread is for QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS only.

Example:

Q: 'Who was the first champion in TNA?'

A: That would be Ken Shamrock, who was the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion when the National Wrestling Alliance was in conjunction with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

Anything besides a definitive question and definitive answer will be INFRACTED. No questions asked.

3. General Complaints.

How hard is it to figure out? If you have a complaint about the TNA product, put it in our General Complaint thread. I've infracted and banned people on a consistent basis because they make a thread dedicated to an idle complaint about TNA's product. Here's how to figure this out... if you think your TNA Thread could be negative about the product as a whole and doesn't focus on a particular wrestler, title, or angle, then it should go in the General Complaint thread. Not very hard guys and gals.

Now, I'm going to answer some questions you may have concerning this section and what we can and can't do. If you have questions of your own, PM me and I'll put them in here for future reference.

Q: What is a 'spoiler'? Because I don't want to be infracted for posting something I thought was fine.

A: A 'spoiler' is when you give away a match before anyone has had a chance to watch it. This typically is for the taped episodes of iMPACT. And the etiquette for posting a title change, a debut, or return to a live iMPACT is to simply wait until the show's over. And of course, no spoilers are allowed from any taped shows until after that show has aired.

Q: My thread title looks a little different. What the hell did you do to it?

A: Not very much in all likelihood. I'm only allowed to amend capitalization or shortening a thread title while keeping the integrity of the original thread title. If I amend something too much or just flat out reword it, PM me or Slyfox and I'll be reprimanded accordingly. But I assure you that when I edit a thread title, it's merely for manicuring purposes only. Like trimming hedges.
:)

Q: I don't see a thread about a match at the next TNA PPV, can I make one of my own?

A: Yes you can. Sometimes, I may not be on here for a day or two due to real life or whatnot, but if there's not a thread about a match that's on a PPV, you can make the thread on it. Making a poll on the match is optional, but not required.

Q: What's the difference in spam and non spam?

Read our WZ Forum Rule Book.
However, since you asked nicely, I can provide an example of what's considered spam and non-spam.

NON SPAM POST :
"I think Hulk Hogan should be featured more prominently on TNA programming because he's the biggest name in pro wrestling and you want to feature someone that people recognize."

This is a non-spam post because it explains WHY Hogan should be featured more often in TNA.

SPAM POST:

"Hulk Hogan has to be featured more on TNA iMPACT. That's all there is to it."

This is a spam post because it doesn't give a reason why he has to be featured.

Q: "SO AND SO" debuted on iMPACT. What's the protocol on making a thread about him or her?

A: I encourage it. As long as you make the thread AFTER the iMPACT episode airs and not the day after a taping. Otherwise it's a spoiler and you will be banned for it.

If there are any questions about this or if you feel passionate about something I didn't address, PM me. And if I don't answer within 48 hours, PM
Slyfox or a Global Moderator on the issue.

Thanks for all your posting.
CROSS THE LINE!

The Lariat
TNA SECTION MODERATOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members