• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Week 9 LD.

The Lions get Thanksgiving.

I can count on my hand the amount of prime time games the Lions have had in the past 10-15 years (excluding Thanksgiving).

Yes, I know they don't let bad teams air on prime time like, ever, but when they get just as many as the SB Champs, despite missing the playoffs, somethings wrong. And the Cowboys getting more then them both is ridiculous too. The Steelers aren't the only good team in the league. Not good enough that they deserve 3 in a row.

Especially this one. Was probably only the 3rd or 4th best matchup of the week at the beginning of the year.

I can count on my hand the amount of prime time games the Lions have had in the past 10-15 years (excluding Thanksgiving).

Yes, I know they don't let bad teams air on prime time like, ever, but when they get just as many as the SB Champs, despite missing the playoffs, somethings wrong. And the Cowboys getting more then them both is ridiculous too. The Steelers aren't the only good team in the league. Not good enough that they deserve 3 in a row.

Especially this one. Was probably only the 3rd or 4th best matchup of the week at the beginning of the year.
The Primetime games are not necessarily the best looking matchups, rather the most marquee matchup, which is why this was chosen. When the schedule was made, both teams were considered Super Bowl contenders, and it's a matchup of 2 huge franchises with a big history. And can you name any game that was a better matchup then this during the preseason? MAYBE Indy/Philly, but the Eagles weren't expected to do much this preseason. Vikings/Cards wasn't anything special, Jets/Lions wasn't, Bills/Bears sure as hell wasn't.

If they had the option to flex games with less then a weeks notice, MAYBE, MAYBE Oakland/KC, but I doubt it, since there isn't anything to market with that matchup. Unfortunately flexing doesn't happen for a week or 2, and until the last week of the season, the schedule is finalized 13 days before the game, and they can't flex to Monday.

And Megatron, I know you're down on the Lions now, but know that Darelle Revis just called Calvin Johnson a top-5 receiver in the NFL. Here's the Tweets:
@Revis24 on Twitter said:
OCNN NEWS: I feel that calvin johnson is top 5 wrs in the league.
and
@Revis24 on Twitter said:
What a tough win for us today. Megatron was a tough matchup for me but we managed to get the win today.

They are on the upswing. That's very high praise, coming from someone whom has been known to downgrade receivers (calling Moss, TO slouches). If Stafford can stay healthy (BIG IF, he's getting an MRI tomorrow) in the next few years, then they will be a playoff contender.

Damn this game will probably be well in hand by Half. The Bengals have fucked themselves over here early.

Nick Collins, join Eagles defender #42 on the $50,000 fine and hopeful suspension. BRUTAL UNNECESSARY helmet-to-helmet shot on Roy Williams, who didn't get up. No need to do lead with the helmet ever, but especially with the Pack up 35-7 and the Cowboys O doing nothing.

OK, Roy Williams apparently got back up, but doesn't matter, Collins damn well better be $50 G's poorer.

This just goes to show how awful NFL players are at tackling these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back