NFL Week 9 LD.

I hope the Lions win the rest of their games and watch Megatron be a fan again.

Nope. They'll somehow find a way to give the Bills their first win of the season next week. Especially if Stafford doesn't play.

I wanna be positive, but everytime something good happens, 5 bad happens. Watching them lose is irritating enough, but like this, is just, ugh.

Anytime you're up 10 with >4 minutes to go, you shouldn't fucking blow it, no matter who you are. The only way that happens is with bad D and bad decisions. The Lions did both. Why Schwartz threw it on 3rd and 6 when the Jets had 0 timeouts and it was inside the 2 minute warning makes absolutely NO sense at all. Especially with a 3rd string QB.

Talk to xfear about this. NE was up against INDY a couple years back, they went for it on 4th down and it was a bad decision. It happens. It's not the end of the world. Detroit will regroup and rebound.

As for it making no sense. To you, maybe. To others, myself included, it made sense. 3rd and 6, New York is likely lining up to stop a run. Sure it'd run down some clock, but when the ST unit has had problems you don't want to risk a return.

If you make the first down, you can then down the ball and run out the clock completely. If you run for it, obviously not getting it since the run game hadn't been there all day - you give them the ball back, with the chance to return a punt.

Even shitty teams like the Browns know how to hold on when they're up big on a team. Yet, since it's the fucking Lions, we'll find many ways to lose.

Cleveland isn't exactly a shitty team. They have a better record than the Cowboys - who have been called a Superbowl contending team.

I didn't expect these guys to go the playoffs, but losing the way they did today is fucking pathetic and they should just pull a Jerry Jones and apologize for that shit.

No, Jerry Jones apologizing was pathetic and uncalled for. Its no wonder the Cowboys are shit. I doubt anyone has respect for him, especially after that.

You accept the loss, and go back to the drawing board. If the Lions were going to just up and quit, then they should've did it when they lost in the worst fucking way in Week 1.

The Jets played hard, and came back. Detroit simply wasn't good enough, and you need to face that fact.

NO reason should that happen. Part of the rebuilding process is being able to beat superior teams. We did that for 53 minutes (besides the last 2 mintues of the 1st half and end of 4th). Just completely irritating how we do not know how to close out. All 6 losses we've had a shot in, but this one hurts the most since we were up DOUBLE DIGITS late. The others we were coming back.

Again, while beating superior teams is apart of the rebuilding process - it doesn't always happen. You're acting like it SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED, and because it didn't that makes you want to suddenly believe your team is never going to rebuild or find a way to be better.

Seriously.. its a single game, and I've seen worse comebacks and defeats than this. Go talk to the Redskins from last year about their loss to the Saints. Or the Dolphins, for that matter. Comebacks happen.

I'm normally quite optimistic with these guys, but I've hit my last straw, especially since Stafford appears to be hurt (again) depressingly.

Ya know, its not like Hill hasn't proven he can be a reliable QB for the Lions. When did you become a Lions fan, anyways?

Tampa Bay is in rebuilding mode and they haven't beat any superior teams.

:glare: Every team the Bucs have played this year was considered "superior" to them. Coming into the season, anyways. :lmao:

This brings up another interesting point to me. The NFC South has had more turn-around seasons than any other division I can think of.

The Falcons went from dropping Vick, and having a Coach bail on them mid-season.. to suddenly becoming a solid Playoff contending team, and now a Superbowl thought.

The Saints went from having no home due to a hurricane, to rebuilding under Brees and becoming Superbowl winners.

The Panthers went 1-15, got Fox, then had an injury to a starting QB to bring Delhomme in (at the time, a guy not even good enough to be 3rd string behind Aaron Brooks).. and suddenly they drove to the Superbowl, only to lose because of a botched Kickoff.

Now, the Bucs with a team of young unknowns are becoming someone.

As for it making no sense. To you, maybe. To others, myself included, it made sense. 3rd and 6, New York is likely lining up to stop a run. Sure it'd run down some clock, but when the ST unit has had problems you don't want to risk a return.

If you make the first down, you can then down the ball and run out the clock completely. If you run for it, obviously not getting it since the run game hadn't been there all day - you give them the ball back, with the chance to return a punt.

When you have your 3rd string QB, the D has no TO's, you run the damn ball and hope you can squeeze out 6 yards. If it was Stafford I could see it, but it was Drew Stanton. No reason that play should be called.

Cleveland isn't exactly a shitty team. They have a better record than the Cowboys - who have been called a Superbowl contending team.

I've meant recently, they've been quite bad, yet even they are able to sometimes beat teams like the Steelers and Pats and Saints. We haven't done that in over 3 years.

Again, while beating superior teams is apart of the rebuilding process - it doesn't always happen. You're acting like it SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED, and because it didn't that makes you want to suddenly believe your team is never going to rebuild or find a way to be better.

I'm not saying they should beat every single team on their schedule, but how they played today for the entire game up until the 5 minute mark of the 4th, they should've won. No reason why the game was blown. Absolutely none. Except for the fact that they choked when they actually had a chance to do something positive. You have to learn how to win when the chips are down. When Stafford went out, they all got deer in the headlights look and folded.

Seriously.. its a single game, and I've seen worse comebacks and defeats than this. Go talk to the Redskins from last year about their loss to the Saints. Or the Dolphins, for that matter. Comebacks happen.

Difference between all of them and this one is that this is the Lions. When it rains, it pours. Case in point -

We lose
Stafford appears like he might be out again this year.

Ya know, its not like Hill hasn't proven he can be a reliable QB for the Lions. When did you become a Lions fan, anyways?

He's hurt. That's why we have shitty Drew Stanton playing.

Late 01-02. Only 07 were they even respectable, and even that they weren't that good. It's disappointing when most teams have matched the Lions win total from the past Decade in only 4 years.

So what you're saying is that the Panthers will win the Super Bowl in a couple of years?

Yes, actually. I know thats kinda stupid to say with a 1-7 team, currently. However..

We'll pick up a new Head Coach next year. We'll go in a different direction with our players. We'll likely get rid of DeAngelo Williams (mistake) and Steve Smith (worse mistake) because their contracts (or Smith's case, age) are up. And we'll begin fully rebuilding.

Beginning next year our rookies and young'uns from this year will have much experience under their belt. And we'll hopefully make the move to fucking use Free Agency to our advantage.

Richardson has never been the type of Owner to rebuild through signing FA's, or known guys. However, a new Head Coach and GM may move him to consider it.

Looks like Austin Collie may just have a concussion. He's sitting up and alert so that's great. I hope the second defender doesn't get fined because he wasn't trying to lead with his helmet.

The Defender who hit Collie wasn't going for his head, he was going for his chest and Collie was trying to go to the ground. I get why it was flagged, as in real life motion - it looks like a hit on a defenseless WR.. but after the replay, that was a bad call on the flag.

If I had to give a guess as to the best team in the East, I'd instantly say the Giants. But the fact is - when Vick is QB'ing for the Eagles, they're simply deadly.

All I have to do to win my fantasy matchup is to get nine points from Brandon Jackson, Rashard Mendenhall, Heath Miller, and Terrell Owens. After last week, nothing is guaranteed.

Don't be sorry, Clausen has stunk up the place. He's the next Chad Pennington from the way he's played thus far this year. He can't throw beyond 20 yds. His lone TD was to a RB.

Also, I 3rd with the dislike for Mangini. But I'm a Delhomme fan, so I adopted the Browns for that reason. I'm glad they're turning their ship around, but its thanks to McCoy and Hillis (on Offense) and the strong play of their Defense.
1. If Claussen is the next Pennington, then be happy, cause Pennington was a VERY good QB.
2. I hate Mangini with a passion, but he's beaten NE on numerous occasions. Not surprised he did it again this year.

I'm happy with how our D is playing, but lets get a few more throws towards Megatrons way. He's had like 3. Idc if Revis is on him, if he's a top 5 receiver, like he is give him at least a few chances to get up and get it.
You don't throw to covered receivers. Megatron was covered. Throwing to him would have likely resulted in an INT.

Ah, this is the Sanchez that I've known and loved...

(Hint: He sucks)
Till the 2 scoring drives with less then 5 minutes to go. 330 yards, 2 scores (1 pass 1 run) is a good game.

This is depressing. Please don't be hurt Stafford.
It's the 3rd time he's been hurt. Don't be surprised. It'll happen again.

Don't want Trooper to come back here talking do you?

Excellent drive by Sanchez. That was impressive.
Very. He had a great game today (especially in the last 10 minutes of the game (5 in the 4th and 5 in OT). He should be winning people over with his play, but some people will never change.

Tough break for Detroit. Good comeback for New York, but in the thick of things lets be real here..

New York's offense didn't come on until late. And if it wasn't for a bunch of Lions mistakes, and one very lucky pass in OT.. NY would be going home with another loss. Still, good game. Wins are what they are, regardless of how they come.
Detroit did make a lot of mistake, but the Jets still had to execute. And Detroit has done those things for years, so it's not surprising.

That's fucking it. I don't care anymore. Enough of me wasting my Sundays each and every fucking week to watch these guys lose. I've had it.
Calm down, man. The Lions are a good team. In a couple years they will be a playoff contender. They are in year 2 of a rebuild.

Fuck this team. I don't even give a shit anymore. On a 3rd and 6, you FUCKING RUN. DUMBASS. Give them 1:20 to work with, not 2 whole fucking minutes.

You're both right. It's a questionable call with a 3rd QB, but the run wouldn't have worked, you're 6 yards from victory, and the pass was a high-percentage pass. And even a 3rd QB is expected to make an accurate swing pass.

The Jets played hard, and came back. Detroit simply wasn't good enough, and you need to face that fact.
This is the truth. The Jets played hard and made the comeback (thanks to 2 under 5 minute scoring drives from the "shit" QB Mark Sanchez). It wasn't the Lions day.

Looks like Austin Collie may just have a concussion. He's sitting up and alert so that's great. I hope the second defender doesn't get fined because he wasn't trying to lead with his helmet.

The Defender who hit Collie wasn't going for his head, he was going for his chest and Collie was trying to go to the ground. I get why it was flagged, as in real life motion - it looks like a hit on a defenseless WR.. but after the replay, that was a bad call on the flag.
He will get fined. He will get suspended. He CLEARLY deserves both. He led with the helmet, and connected with a helmet-to-helmet hit, AFTER the NFL told players a hit as such will cause a massive fine and suspension. Regardless of your opinion on the rule, the players are WELL-INFORMED of the rule/punishment, and this guy broke it. And intent doesn't mean shit, and the players are well informed of that too. It was a penalty, and it WILL definitely be a fine, and BETTER be a suspension. And I was/am rooting for the Eagles.

Nick Collins, join Eagles defender #42 on the $50,000 fine and hopeful suspension. BRUTAL UNNECESSARY helmet-to-helmet shot on Roy Williams, who didn't get up. No need to do lead with the helmet ever, but especially with the Pack up 35-7 and the Cowboys O doing nothing.

OK, Roy Williams apparently got back up, but doesn't matter, Collins damn well better be $50 G's poorer.

Jerry Jones just needs to put Wade Phillips out of his misery. This Dallas team is not even trying, and is putting all the players safety in jeopardy. Felix Jones didn't even try to block the blitzing defender, who easily stripsacked Kitna. And Mike Jenkins didn't even try to make a tackle on a 3rd and goal when he could have easily made a play.

Nick Collins, join Eagles defender #42 on the $50,000 fine and hopeful suspension. BRUTAL UNNECESSARY helmet-to-helmet shot on Roy Williams, who didn't get up. No need to do lead with the helmet ever, but especially with the Pack up 35-7 and the Cowboys O doing nothing.

OK, Roy Williams apparently got back up, but doesn't matter, Collins damn well better be $50 G's poorer.

That Eagles defender doesn't need to get fined or suspended. Wasn't a helmet to helmet hit.

That Eagles defender doesn't need to get fined or suspended. Wasn't a helmet to helmet hit.
That's funny, since his helmet CLEARLY made contact with Collie's helmet. Last time I checked when the defender's helmet hits the receivers helmet, that makes it a Helmet to Helmet hit.

He led with his shoulder and the hit from the first defender caused it to be a helmet to helmet hit. Totally different from the hits that Harrison and others have had. The defender wasn't lowering his helmet to hit him.

Erm, I think Dallas should forfeit the rest of the season, seeing as how they aren't even giving an effort anymore.

I mean, I didn't think they'd win, but this game was ugly pretty much from the start.

And why are the Steelers on a prime time game for the 3rd fucking week in a row? Christ, just because they weren't on for the first 6-7 weeks doesn't mean you need to pack them all in consecutive weeks.

He led with his shoulder and the hit from the first defender caused it to be a helmet to helmet hit. Totally different from the hits that Harrison and others have had. The defender wasn't lowering his helmet to hit him.
So you just admitted it's a helmet to helmet hit, but it's not a helmet to helmet hit? What the fuck is wrong with you man? The NFL mandated that intent doesn't matter, you hit a guy helmet-to-helmet, you're getting fined, and possibly suspended. If I shot a gun towards nothing, and it ended up hitting someone killing them, I'm going to jail. I didn't intend to shoot them, but I'd get charged with murder. The NFL let the players know that similar rules apply. Hence he BETTER get fined, and he SHOULD get suspended.

Erm, I think Dallas should forfeit the rest of the season, seeing as how they aren't even giving an effort anymore.

I mean, I didn't think they'd win, but this game was ugly pretty much from the start.
It's dangerous for all parties involved. When guys stop caring, players get hurt.

And why are the Steelers on a prime time game for the 3rd fucking week in a row? Christ, just because they weren't on for the first 6-7 weeks doesn't mean you need to pack them all in consecutive weeks.
I agree completely. Honestly this game likely should have been Monday Night, and the Eagles/Colts should have been Sunday Night. Those were the 2 biggest matchups when the schedule was made before the season.

I have a bunch of respect for Martellus (sp?) Bennett. The Cowboys pass-catching guy (don't know anything about him), just made guys miss tackles and took 4 packers to bing him down. I think he's the only guy on the Cowboys actually trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back