Is Miz Officially A Jobber?

He's bordering on becoming what I refer to as a "Main Event jobber." This is a guy who is frequently in main events (often times multiple man matches) but never wins them. Since he's a former champion, he lends at least SOME credibility as a contender in a main event match, although usually he's not involved in the storyline surrounding the match.

I hate to say this, because I do like Chris Jericho but I think his presence on RAW has really hurt the Miz. Miz would be a perfect guy to feud with Punk. Sure, Punk is a thousand times better in the ring but Miz is good enough on the mic to build up the feud and he could learn a lot from Punk.

It could be the doghouse for Miz, but I think there is a category of performer in WWE that came into existence fairly recently; the guy who is near the top of the card but currently doesn't have a program. When he's in this version of the twilight zone, he jobs to some of the big names.....then, when Creative comes up with something for him, he starts his push back to the top.

I see this happening with Miz and R-Truth, yes. But I think Daniel Bryan was in that mode not that long ago; remember him losing to Sin Cara and just about everyone else for a while? I believe his course to the title was being mapped out then and he was told he would be losing until they deemed it time to send him to the top. It worked, didn't it?

The thing is, this is a category for guys who have reached the top without really being major stars. You won't see John Cena or Randy Orton playing this subordinate part, only guys whom many questioned what they were doing fighting for titles in the first place (and sometimes winning).

Certainly, this applies to R-Truth. He used his psycho personality to get to the position where he fought for the championship, as weird as that seems now. Miz actually won the damn thing, but I never really saw him as championship material. Daniel Bryan suffered his "jobbing phase" on his way to the title. Add Dolph Ziggler to all this; he was hovering at the top before taking a step down to Jobberville.

There's a new kind of jobber in town, folks......the label doesn't apply anymore just to perennial losers; sometimes it's the guy who's just a heartbeat from the top.

Miz is this generations version of a temporary jobber. He's doing it on a consistent basis and there's no denying it. The proof's in the pudding at this point.

At least until WrestleMania has passed, yes, he is a jobber. He's stuck in limbo right now. Without a match for Mania and with enough crediblilty left to make a win against him mean a little bit. Unfortunately, this means that he'll likely be jobbing his ass off for the next month or so.

I legitimately feel bad for the Miz. He's fallen out of favor with the WWE...and for what? Because he got ZERO build heading into Survivor Series and the WWE made him the scapegoat whenever the PPV underperformed? Aside from John Cena, there probably isn't another guy on the roster that has busted his ass as much as the Miz in the past couple years. The blame should fall on the creative team for failing to evolve his character. When the Miz's music hit, I used to get a rush. There was anticipation. What's he going to say? Whenever he become a monotone that repeated the exact same shit every single week was whenever his popularity started to wane. I really believe that if the Miz had turned face a year or so ago, he would have been absolutely HUGE. However, that ship has sailed and it's going to take a lot of work just to make the Miz important again, period.

The Miz is losing match after match and they are entering squash territory but it doesn't really alter a lot, his heat never really came from results as he's not that type of heel, I mean he's still getting mic time and they are working in his apparent doghouse situation to his promos about how he's being overlooked.

Personally I don't see him back on the top anytime soon or maybe ever, but he'll turn this around enough to be a key mid-card champ or part of a championship tag team during the course of this year.

Apparently, there is talk of Miz interfering(?) in the Rock/Cena match, and starting a program with Cena post-WM. I personally think this could be great, they could have Miz getting progressively more angry about not being on the WM card until he decides to do something about it, interferes and Vince McMahon rush down to ringside with security, yelling that Miz is ruining his big show and stuff like that. I think that sort of blurring the lines of reality is good in storylines.

A loss to Cena, Sheamus, and Big Show isnt going to hurt him. These guys are huge stars and Miz is still trying to get to where they are. A jobber would be someone like McIntyre or Heath Slater. Someone who is so insignificant and so weak that the last relevant thing you can remember then doing is lose. Miz has character substance, mic time, and a storyline (not being on Mania) to back him up. Hes not a jobber.

Is Miz a jobber? No. Is he being used as one currently? Yes. That's only because WWE has their backstage politics that have NOTHING to do with merit or talent. Which is why Teddy Long & Johnny Ace have a Mania match and Miz doesn't. Or how about the Extra chick having a tag match?

Honestly, I do believe Miz will be used again and will be WWE Champion/World Champion again. I hope they continue to keep him relevent and they could even draft him to Smackdown next time and make him a World Champion. A first for him, which would be cool to see. People with talent usually have rough bumps in the road to becoming great superstars and I expect Miz will do the same.

First off dont disrespect the jobber role by putting the Miz in there. The Miz is just sorry. And its not his fault. Morrison was always better and Vince didnt like that so he had Miz go over everytime and forced us to watch him untill we said fuck that. And 2011 Servivor series and very low buys. Just because you pure syrup on shit dont make it pancakes.(quote explains the teaming of miz n r-truth with cena and Rock)

After what transpired at WM 28, I'd say it's safe to say that The Miz is definitely not a jobber.

He will now be Johnny L's go-to guy. Expect Johnny L. to put the Miz in the title picture and stack the odds in his favor in many matches. This will be Miz's post-Wrestlemania angle. It could also set him up for a face turn by having Johnny L stab him in the back.

I don't see that face turn but I do see a Miz push coming now for sure. I think he'll be feuding with CM Punk soon.

Maybe not a face turn right away for the Miz, but I can see it happening later this year because it looks like he does a lot of publicity for WWE, and I am guessing they would rather have him as a face.

The Miz will be the one that takes the strap from CM Punk. Mark my words.

As has been said, he will be Jonny's go to guy, and will stack the deck, especially against CM Punk. It's been good to see him finally win matches again. :D

Hopefully Y2J is still around when Miz wins it, would love to see that feud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back