Whatever happened to Jesse Neal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2012isbs

MCMG: 1-696-696-6969
If I got his name wrong some please tell me what it is. Anyway Jesse Neal is the sailor turned wrestler that Rhyno trained and he had some potential but he had his first match against Matt Morgan and got squashed to death. Next week he loses to Jefro Holiday. Did TNA just waste 2 min every week for about a month to debut a jobber that could be used for others that need it? and is his backround legit or kayfabe?
P.S. sorry about the title thought he hasn't been wrestling I've just missed him wrestle

I personally feel it was a waste a time debuting this kid, whether he was in the Navy or not doesn't matter if you have no basic training whatsoever in wrestling. TNA needs to go back to the drawing board with him.

Probably the same thing that happened to a lot of new wrestlers that come in. The creative team doesn't have any plans for them so they just get lost in the shuffle. Same thing has happened to Amazing Red and Holliday. There simply isn't enough time for them on Impact. With all of the wrestlers in TNA it's really hard a new superstar to contribute, especially someone like Neal who hasn't gotten much ringtime at all.

ECW-Mikey whipwreck & Mick foley
WWE-Colin Delaney & Tommy Dreamer
TNA-Jesse Neal & Rhino

You would have thought that they would have seen WWE's failure with Colin to not try this gimmick.

Really terrible idea. The guy didn't have much goin for him. Waste of time. If he really was in the Navy, thats admirable. As far as wrestling wise, the guy sucked and there wasn't really any direction as to where they were goin with the story.

he wasnt in the navy and i think if i remember correctly wrestlezone even had an article about this kid just being a wrestler that was out of tna's minor league

The real qustion is:What the fuck happened to his hair.It's like he shaved off his hair on the side,but grew it up in the middle.Actually that's what he did do.It looks like the mane of a horse.

Rhyno and the Horse.

Anyway,I never gave a real damn about him.Don't get me wrong,I appreciate the army risking their lives to protect people,but I just never really got into this storyline.Probably because I'm not from America,and our Army barely even have guns,never mind fight.Maybe I'd rather,I dunno,the wrestlers competing.Imagine that.Who needs to push amazing red or Jay lethal when Jesse neal is there.Maybe he'll be a good jobber.He sure looked like one against Morgan.

The Kid stank, If he spent a cup of cofee in the WWE then TNA would probably have given two sents about this kid, he has no real talent, no real potential no real anything just the hair really?, the fact is TNA needs to start pushing Rhyno better, he would have had a better chance in the WWE if he actually just apologised for yelling at his wife during wrestlemania weekend because In TNA Rhyno is nothing more then enhancement talent for everyone TNA wants to push.

Jesse is still on the roster. Give the kid a chance. I'm sure he'll come around. For now, he's being used as a jobber and it makes sense given the storyline. Maybe in 3-4 months, I'll judge him based on his progress.

RDJ said:
The Kid stank, If he spent a cup of cofee in the WWE then TNA would probably have given two sents about this kid, he has no real talent, no real potential no real anything just the hair really?, the fact is TNA needs to start pushing Rhyno better, he would have had a better chance in the WWE if he actually just apologised for yelling at his wife during wrestlemania weekend because In TNA Rhyno is nothing more then enhancement talent for everyone TNA wants to push.

I doubt it. The fact is that Rhino is a former world champion in TNA. That is enough security that he'll be main event once again in the future. Hell, just a few months ago, he was leader of the Frontline and facing Sting for the world title. I think his spot in TNA is secure. Once the uppermidcard scene gets less cluttered, I can see him hopping back into the picture.

I doubt it. The fact is that Rhino is a former world champion in TNA. That is enough security that he'll be main event once again in the future. Hell, just a few months ago, he was leader of the Frontline and facing Sting for the world title. I think his spot in TNA is secure. Once the uppermidcard scene gets less cluttered, I can see him hopping back into the picture.

The fact is he was only world champion for a day, he then dropped the belt the next night, secondly he is being used as enhancement talent for everyone on the roster TNA wants to push, he hasn't done anything useful in the company , im sure they are only keeping him on the roster in hopes that he doesn't go back to the WWE if TNA lets him go.

This Jesse Neal situation is probably going to develop into a feud with his mentor Rhyno, I dont see this benefiting anyone not even the fans

Lot of mis-informed here.

Jesse Neal is a graduate of Team 3D's wrestling school. He has been wrestling for quite some time now even before signed to TNA. In the indys he went by the name Tribal with a look resembling a sort of MMA fighter.

Unfortunately, i believe TNA really dropped the ball on him. I think their idea was to show some sort of character/wrestler development. Instead it hasn't quite worked out that way. Still, when this is all over, I think we could have ourselves a viable TNA original here.

Jesse's Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jneal67

Pics of Tribal

25pkf1l.jpg

xmpicp.jpg

The fact is he was only world champion for a day, he then dropped the belt the next night, secondly he is being used as enhancement talent for everyone on the roster TNA wants to push, he hasn't done anything useful in the company , im sure they are only keeping him on the roster in hopes that he doesn't go back to the WWE if TNA lets him go.

This Jesse Neal situation is probably going to develop into a feud with his mentor Rhyno, I dont see this benefiting anyone not even the fans

No I'm sure TNA has something in the works for him and truly believes in him. Rhino is still pretty young and has plenty to offer. I'm sure TNA puts him in these angles just to tie him up to keep him away from the crowded uppercard picture. I honestly feel that TNA sees him as an asset and will have something in works for him in the future where they will unleash him one of these days. Afterall, this is the same man who was the first person to ever win the world title at TNA's ultimate PPV, Bound For Glory before Sting. As for WWE. I think Rhyno has pretty much burned all of his WWE bridges although WWE may still offer him a contract just to bury him.

everything that tna has said about jesse is completely true. he was on the cole when it was attacked. so he is an american hero. from what i've seen on him he's actually a pretty good wrestler. but in tna his character has never wrestled hence why he's been stomped in his first few matches. as time goes by and he gets more "training" from ryno you will definately see a drastic improvement in his ablities. just going to take some time. just you are not going to see him on impact every week because of the M.E.M. pretty much taking up half the show.

Where TNA messed up with this character was the point where he went one week from the clean cut American hero in the sailor outfit to next week being the Balls Mahoney wannabe. He went from one positive 'role model' image of the US Navy to another back alley brawler wannabe. If they had stayed with the US Navy character and did promos with Rhyno's training combined with the "work ethic" mentality of discipline that is taught to Navy seamen of a 12 week basic training type of regiment, this angle could have easily worked but it would have to be a long-running angle to make it more believeable.

Instead, they brought him out quickly and he looked awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back