I Have Not Voted for Dagger, Here's Why

FunKay the Inevitable

People Like Me, We Don't Play
Allow me to share with you why I haven't voted for Dagger. This is a popularity contest. That is what this is. This isn't a "who deserves thios the most" contest. If that were the case, they could've gone and just given the prize to Mitch (though he hasn't stood so whatever). Dagger, and this is by no means a shot at you, is not anywhere near as popular as either Mitch, Theo, Crock or, dare I say it, Coco.

If Dagger wins this primary, which he is obviously, simply based on the numbers available, he's going to get murdered by Crock and Coco. Party support will not be enough to put him over the top. Neutrals are going to vote for Coco or Crock, not Dagger. The only hope Dagger has, is if people are split between Coco and Crock (this of course is assuming that La Resistance have chosen the latter). Sorry, but we're dealing with reality here, and while I wish you luck Dagger, I honestly believe you'll get destroyed.

Best of luck.

Why would Habs or Killjoy not be murdered when they can't even win in the primaries? What's the difference? Dagger may not be popular among the higher ups around here but I'm sure there are a lot of posters here who'll see Dagger's name and vote simply because he posts a lot. He can pull through if he won in the primaries. I honestly don't believe habs or Killjoy or anyone else from out party would be any different.

With that said, anyone know how many posters Coco's and Crock's party have together?

Why would Habs or Killjoy not be murdered when they can't even win in the primaries? What's the difference? Dagger may not be popular among the higher ups around here but I'm sure there are a lot of posters here who'll see Dagger's name and vote simply because he posts a lot. He can pull through if he won in the primaries. I honestly don't believe habs or Killjoy or anyone else from out party would be any different.

With that said, anyone know how many posters Coco's and Crock's party have together?

I do. DFP has around 50 members, and La Resistance has about 35. This is just to the best of my recollection, however. CoCo is obviously the only true candidate from the DFP, but i think people are sleeping on Harthan from La Resistance. Don't make that mistake.

And remember folks, this is only the initial primary. Top 3 move on to the next, so let's get the best three there.

All due respect to FunKay, Hamler, and of course Dagger himself, but I think you guys may be jumping the gun a tad prematurely in your assessment of the first round of these primaries. 25 people have voted out of 60, last time I checked, that was less than half of the people eligible to cast a vote here. Maybe Dagger will be the one to emerge from the primary, and as I have repeatedly stated, if he does he will have my 100% support as he is a deserving candidate. But I don't think phase one of the primaries is over quite yet, not by a long shot. Let's give it more than 24 hours and more than 40% of the eligible voters actually voting before we anoint anyone, Dagger or anyone else, the winner quite yet. Comments like "if Dagger wins this primary, which he is obviously, simply based on the numbers available" or "Habs or Killjoy....when they can't even win in the primaries" are premature and I would suggest, in all due respect, are inaccurate.

Don't forget, there is a second step to these primaries. The top three (most likely) advance to phase two of the primaries. So regardless of who holds the lead after phase one, or by how much, they have to carry it through phase two, after the guys who supported people who have been eliminated decide where to cast their votes. A victory in phase one (which is not over yet) does not guarantee a win in phase two.

Here's how I see it. ABC Party/DFP Party/La Resistance have 60/43/27 people each (I think, approximately). Let's assume good voter turnout and party unity amongst all three parties. That would likely leave Crock's team on the outside looking in as they would have to make up a 33 vote deficit from undecided voters or from other parties, which will be tough if my assumptions are correct. In all likelihood it will come down to ABC versus DFP. ABC will have to withstand the onslaught coming form DFP, preserving its 17 vote advantage. To win, whoever represents us will have to be able to bring in some of that undecided vote, and will likely need to lure away some of Crock's support as well, otherwise Coco likely wins. The question which needs to be asked and answered is, who gives us the best shot at getting the undecided voters, or luring away La Resistance voters? Not my place to say, but I think I can do it, more so than some of the other options. Based upon what I have read throughout this whole process, I have to question if certain guys on our list of candidates will have support from the undecided people outside of our party, without which he cannot win. If we select a winner who will not have the support of the people outside of ABC, this will have been an exercise in futility.

Anyway, let's let it develop, but not jump to judgment or false assumptions. Let's fully support our eventual winner as he will need that, whoever it is. And let's make sure we select someone who can get the job done in the end.

Coco and Crock's popularity has been overstated. Non spammers do not know if either of the two exist. Our party has some very famous non spam posters and I am not only talking about the candidates. If we can manage to convince them to vote for us, we will surely win.

Coco and Crock are popular among the regulars of this forum. Most regulars are a part of some party or the other. So we do have a fair estimate of their popularity looking at the strength of their party.

We only have about 25 votes on a party of over 50 people. Where's everyone else?

Our party has a lot of posters who don't typically visit the spam sections. Not only that, but it took FOREVER to get the primary polls open. This process is taking too damn long and people are starting to not give a fuck. Maybe we need to start pming our members or something. :shrug:

I just don't know who to vote for. I see this as a popularity contest, you can all send me messages telling me how you'll change the forums and improve things, but I don't see it happening. My mind is set on one thing -- who'll get more votes than Coco. If Harthan takes this entire thing, I don't care, but God forbid Coco the Monkey be given power on this forum.

Our party has a lot of posters who don't typically visit the spam sections. Not only that, but it took FOREVER to get the primary polls open. This process is taking too damn long and people are starting to not give a fuck. Maybe we need to start pming our members or something. :shrug:

Well, I would, but we can't see who's voted and who hasn't. :shrug:

Just for the record, we have 38 voters so far out of a maximum of 60, and the polls don't close until Friday. I think that's a pretty good turnout at this stage of the game. Some of the guys likely just want some more time to consider their options.

FunKay, you are 100% entitled to your opinion and I respect that. However the enemy at hand is Coco and his army of trolls. I hope I will have your support as well if I emerge as the ABC Party candidate. We all need to be united as one team in the end under a strong leader. :)

My mind is set on one thing -- who'll get more votes than Coco. If Harthan takes this entire thing, I don't care, but God forbid Coco the Monkey be given power on this forum.

Great point, and how does one offer the best odds of defeating Coco? Offer the alternative. Coco is a troll who doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself. He is in this only to gain power, in the spam zone of all places. I on the other hand am friendly, legitimately want to be a source of help for anyone who asks, and want to improve the forum become a better place by looking after sections that need it. While I do agree that Harthan winning back his mod spot is the lesser of two evils here, we are more likely to defeat Coco by offering the opposite of what he does, in the eyes of the undecided. Plus.... 60 members all voting for our guy will win us this thing. Even if it is only the 38 who have voted so far, that is more than people than they have in either of the other parties, who will likely support their guy. None of us want Coco (that I know of anyway) so let's find our strongest name and take that troll down. I would really like the opportunity and if I do become our party's nominee then all I ask is for all of your support. We can win this thing.

I think that any candidate from our party will be an alternative to Coco, Dagger. None of our party candidates troll and as I see it everyone is equally friendly and popular.

According to Ba-Bomb, 37 people have "wasted" their votes.

I saw that. He's a very solid poster but this whole election thing is turning him into an ass.

What was I supposed to say? "Gee guys, I'm so glad none of you have voted for me. Keep up the good work!". I don't see how this is turning me into an ass either. I just wanted to be heard and given the same consideration as everyone else but I've went almost completely overlooked and disregarded. It just sucks that's all. I'm kind of disappointed that no one really gave me a chance as I feel and know that I am a great choice to be a moderator on any forum, not just this one, and I really hoped to get a little more support than one vote. I am grateful for it, at least ONE person felt I was worth a vote, but it just makes you feel like crap when you see how many people don't and then have people at all angles during the whole thing beating you down with cheap shots and anything else they can. I wanted this to be fun and that stopped a long time ago.

You said everyone wasted their vote. Sorry dude but that just screams ass. If you weren't voted for, it's bc very few liked your views. I find you to be a great poster, but you've been here less than three months. What makes you think people are going to just forget about everyone else and just vote for someone who hasn't been here long enough to make a dent in the forums? Go post your ass off, show us what you've got. Earn some respect. In maybe a year's time, you could damn well be considered mod material. But, seeing that you said people wasted theoir votes makes you look bad. Why should I vote for you now?

What was I supposed to say? "Gee guys, I'm so glad none of you have voted for me. Keep up the good work!". I don't see how this is turning me into an ass either. I just wanted to be heard and given the same consideration as everyone else but I've went almost completely overlooked and disregarded. It just sucks that's all. I'm kind of disappointed that no one really gave me a chance as I feel and know that I am a great choice to be a moderator on any forum, not just this one, and I really hoped to get a little more support than one vote. I am grateful for it, at least ONE person felt I was worth a vote, but it just makes you feel like crap when you see how many people don't and then have people at all angles during the whole thing beating you down with cheap shots and anything else they can. I wanted this to be fun and that stopped a long time ago.

I understand what you're saying. I look at what I've put together in terms of my campaign and I think that it's very sound. I believe that I've been able to play to my strengths, while finding flaws in other campaigns. I've extremely thankful for all that has shown faith in my words, and of course I wish I had additional support, but I don't think that anyone has "wasted" their votes by not voting for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back