I am declaring myself an independent.

Davi323

semi-retired from WZ
It wasn't an easy decision to make, but I am dropping out of the ABC Party. I am not throwing my support behind either Coco or Crock yet though, I am just declaring myself an independent in so far as not being honor bound to vote for Dagger anymore.

I fully backed Dagger when it was about filling in the gaps, taking care of the non-wrestling/non-spam sections that do not have a moderator. That was the single most important thing to me. I believe that you need to fill the gaps before reinforcing areas that already have strong moderator presences.

After reading Dagger's platform update this morning in the Debate thread, it has become apparent that he would only moderate the modless sections as a distant backup to the WWE Forums. Based on what I was looking for, I can't fully commit to someone who would reinforce areas that don't really need reinforcing instead of one of the modless sections.

This is not a criticism of Dagger as a poster, in fact I like Dagger. I have always found Dagger to be pretty even tempered, despite what a lot of people think. I enjoy reading his posts. I like the fact that he is one of the few people that care enough about the video game & technology thread to create discussions there. If Dagger's primary choice were there, where I think his strengths are uniquely suited, I wouldn't be writing this. I would still be firmly in Dagger's camp. I think he would be a good moderator...just not in the WWE section. His presence there would be redundant.

This does not mean that I am not going to vote for Dagger, it's still entirely possible that come election day, he gets my vote. I have already voted for him twice so far in this process. I may still vote for him a 3rd time...hell it's still pretty likely, in fact. I am only stating that it's no longer guaranteed.

Such passion to be a moderator on a wrestling forum, is downright disturbing.

What's great is that he likes to think of himself as some great discussion starter, but that's a load of shit. His most popular thread in the VG section is a hair away from being nothing but spam, being saved only by his mundane posting of tidbits like "back in the day, when I sunk 250 hours into this game and ended up losing my job even though I blame my boss for that...".

I have no doubt that he's been advised to stay away from all non-mandatory participation in election-related discussion. Even his own party realizes what a gaff-prone simpleton he is.

I have no doubt that he's been advised to stay away from all non-mandatory participation in election-related discussion. Even his own party realizes what a gaff-prone simpleton he is.

rick-perry-hunting.jpg

As Dagger's #1 supporter, you should probably let him known his strategy hasn't been successful. Not lately, anyway.

I'm also going independent from the ABC party. I can't vote for Dagger after reading many of his posts and his campaign speech.

After seeing Tastycles' explanation in the other thread about what mods from other sections can do and what they can't in an unmodded section (like the spam friendly area), it gave me a LOT to think about the past couple of days, and I have finally come to some sort of conclusion.

Dagger, I will continue to defend you against the vicious personal attacks regardless of how I vote in the election, but defending you against those is not the same as continuing my endorsement. However, I appreciate the way you have conducted yourself throughout all of this, by staying above the fray. While I cannot get completely behind your platform, I do believe that character matters, and you have impressed me with it.

Coco, I think you have run an absolutely dirty campaign, and should be ashamed of the tactics you and your supporters have used to smear Dagger. However, given the explanation by Tastycles regarding mod power, Your platform of being a spam mod makes more sense to me now, and when this entire election process started, I wanted to see an unmodded section get a mod before another mod was added to a section that already had one...(or three). You fulfill that wish.

Crock, I really don't have any strong feelings either way about your candidacy. I disagree with the need for another WWE mod, but your anti-Dagger campaign has been significantly toned down compared to Coco's, with far less bitter animosity...and I have to give you some credit for not giving yourself completely over to the mudslinging.

For me the choice is going to come down to head vs. heart. My heart tells me to vote for Dagger anyway, simply because he has acted far more maturely than Coco has, and I respect the hell out of people who demonstrate strong character like that. But, my head tells me to swing my vote for Coco, because he fulfills the one real goal I wanted all along, making him the much more practical choice.

My mind is now made up. I know who I will vote for. See you on election day.

Well, shit. I knew I forgot something in that last post, LOL

In the end, the head won out. Against my better judgment, despite my belief that Dagger has run a much more honorable campaign, you can thank Tastycles' explanation for clearing up my misconceptions about the ability of the off-duty mods in the spam sections, Coco. My biggest issue was that I didn't think the spam sections needed a mod because there are all kinds of mods that hang out there anyway, seemed redundant. Tastycles' explanation that while mods from other sections do have limited power, but not the full power they would have in their own section is what finally won me over. Despite all of the bullshit, this is a wrestling forum, not the fucking Presidency of the United States. It PAINS me to say this, but my vote is reluctantly going to go to you. Now I have to go wash the vomit taste from my mouth...:icon_redface:

It would really PAIN you if this were the Presendential Elections?

Try watching the Republican debate. One of those men could be your representative to the world.

HERE COMES THE PAIN!

It would really PAIN you if this were the Presendential Elections?

Try watching the Republican debate. One of those men could be your representative to the world.

HERE COMES THE PAIN!

I can tell you right now, for as conservative as I am, I am seriously considering voting for the Libertarian candidate. I am not enamored with any of the GOP candidates. The only candidate I really liked was Herman Cain.

I can tell you right now, for as conservative as I am, I am seriously considering voting for the Libertarian candidate. I am not enamored with any of the GOP candidates. The only candidate I really liked was Herman Cain.

I liked him as a politician earlier, I dug him as a playa later.

That's evolution.

I liked him as a politician earlier, I dug him as a playa later.

That's evolution.

I liked the no-nonsense call it like it is approach he had.

When criticized by the fact that he had no political experience, he bluntly pointed out that:

"Everyone in Washington has a lot of political experience. How's that been working out for you so far?" or something to that effect. Straight to the point. LOVED IT.

He seemed sure about everything and was really singling himself out from the crowd.

Till an invisible hand moved him out. To think that you have a choice in candidates is the biggest illusion of all.

Maybe people should learn that if you are doing shady shit, DON'T RUN FOR OFFICE.

If you've been a part of having to pay a woman off for shit you did, DON'T RUN FOR OFFICE.

If you really don't want your wife to find out about possible affairs and women you've been secretly giving money to over the years, DON'T RUN FOR OFFICE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back