HHH Taking Over For Vince McMahon - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

This was a kayfabe way to explain a real situation. I believe the tears were quite real by Vince and HHH, which means Vince has decided to cede some of his duties to HHH. NOT completely retire, but to reduce his role.

The situation can only be storyline, while the WWE is a publicly traded company, Vince McMahon owns 51% of the stock. That means no board of directors meetings would happen without his knowledge, and that his one vote overrules the combined vote of every other stockholder, every WWE board member. Simply put, in real life, Vince McMahon cannot be removed from power by anyone but himself.

However, Vince has been running the WWE for a long, long time, and its entirely possible that after 50+ years of being in the wrestling business, he is finally burned out from the hours, the travel, etc. The man was/is a working machine, if he thinks its time to take a break, God knows he has earned it. And that is what I think is happening. Vince McMahon's age is finally catching up to him, the long hours are taking their toll, and Vince McMahon is realizing that he simply can't continue at the pace he set for himself decades ago. Vince will still own the WWE, but I think the days of him being involved in all of the day to day operations and the micro-managing every event are soon over.

This was a kayfabe way to explain a real situation. I believe the tears were quite real by Vince and HHH, which means Vince has decided to cede some of his duties to HHH. NOT completely retire, but to reduce his role.

The situation can only be storyline, while the WWE is a publicly traded company, Vince McMahon owns 51% of the stock. That means no board of directors meetings would happen without his knowledge, and that his one vote overrules the combined vote of every other stockholder, every WWE board member. Simply put, in real life, Vince McMahon cannot be removed from power by anyone but himself.

However, Vince has been running the WWE for a long, long time, and its entirely possible that after 50+ years of being in the wrestling business, he is finally burned out from the hours, the travel, etc. The man was/is a working machine, if he thinks its time to take a break, God knows he has earned it. And that is what I think is happening. Vince McMahon's age is finally catching up to him, the long hours are taking their toll, and Vince McMahon is realizing that he simply can't continue at the pace he set for himself decades ago. Vince will still own the WWE, but I think the days of him being involved in all of the day to day operations and the micro-managing every event are soon over.
I agree. It may not be official. But Vince is handing the company over (not ownership of course, but the running of it). You can kinda tell too. there have been a lot more things like this recently. Nexus, Rock/Cena segments, Punk/Cena segments, all have a different feel to it. I think Vince's tears were real becuase it's pretty hard for most people to cry on command. HHH seemed choked up by it too. definately not a shoot, but they seemed to bring real emotions into it.

Oh we havent seen the last of Vince, and boy you better believe it. He will be WWE until the day he dies. Maybe he has handed the reigns to Triple H as a 'tester' to see how things go. Its pretty much a given that Trips will still be the monkey but Vince grinding the Organ.

Real or storyline, dont care though. I wanna see Vince return a couple of months down the line and try and take over WWE. Maybe return with Chris Jericho or a faction of ROH stars (Cobana, Hero, etc). I am no ROH mark btw.

No matter how much I want/wanted John Cena to get fired I knew it wouldn't happen from the moment that stipulation was made. I'm truely furious, looks like we're back to John Cena's five moves and his 'super cena' ways (Winning every single match after the challenger has litterally broke him down) The days of WWE being very horrendous have returned ...

Are you people alright? You just love to complain all the time dont you. We all knew Cena wasnt going to ge fired, if you too dumb enough to understand. Cena cut a fucking awesome promo talking to vince, and when he mentioned going to tna i marked the fuck out. Stop complaining and enjoy history in the making.

This was a kayfabe way to explain a real situation. I believe the tears were quite real by Vince and HHH, which means Vince has decided to cede some of his duties to HHH.

That's what I think, too. One of the things that's great about WWE is also often frustrating: It's so easy to confuse what's real with what's kayfabe. That's what made the whole C.M. Punk program such a success; we suspected it was a scripted angle, yet we were sure it was based on some legitimate feelings. The combination of both elements kept us guessing, which is what made the whole thing so terrific.

Now, we have Vince McMahon being removed from the career in which he's spent a lifetime. It might be a legitimate changing of the guard with Mr. and Mrs. Levesque actually taking over the Creative function, but it's hard to believe Vince would ever totally divorce himself from the process.

The man is a born showman.....and the greatest promoter since P.T. Barnum. Still, he'll be 66 next month and may have simply had enough. But don't think we've seen the last of him.

I can't believe that some people in this thread actually think this is the real deal. This is strictly storyline material people.

It will lead to the new age of Austin vs McMahon but in the form of Punk vs HHH.

I think it all culminates in a WrestleMania match of CM Punk vs HHH some how.

WWE is starting to look more and more like TNA and that's never a bad thing. Blurring the line between real and kayfabe, worked shoots, switches of the powers that be, meaningful storylines. Pretty good.

And as interesting as this development is, the acting was horrific. It took them so long to say ONE thing. Just spit it out.

"Vince .................................... I .............. you ............... I just .......... came ......... back ......... fr ......... uhhhhhhh ..."

AW COME ON!

So its looks like HHH is taking over.

I can't help but feel this storyline has been going on for a long while. Personally I think this all started last June with Nexus. I think HHH was the higher power of Nexus when they started taking over and constantly costing Cena the title. HHH was also anonymous GM. Barrett was leader just long enough for punk to heel, Punk takes over the leader position for Nexus and is HHH handpicked #1 guy (like Cena is to Vince). Everything with Punk leaving with the title and Cena getting fired was all the ammunition HHH needed to convince the board to give him the company and now begins HHH reign with Punk as his hand picked guy.

I also feel this is Vinces way of saying he is gettinh ready to retire or take a smaller role but why not make a huge storyline about it.

Anyways that's my 2 cents on what I'm about 80 percent sure will happen.

So THE GAME is the new on-screen chairman! Whatever way you look at it, this is huge, and this has just changed the entire landscape of the WWE! I'm hoping Punk gets resigned to continue this storyline, and i can see a HHH vs Punk feud happening very soon. Well all knew, kayfabe or not, Cena would not be fired, so i was pleasantly suprised went i heard Triple H's music.

WWE is starting to look more and more like TNA and that's never a bad thing. Blurring the line between real and kayfabe, worked shoots, switches of the powers that be, meaningful storylines. Pretty good.

Only you would stick in your two cents, comparing this to TNA. Yeah, it's like TNA. Except the fact that it's being done properly. :disappointed:

Anyway, as someone who's been watching since the early 80's, this seems to be the end of an era for me. If they are writing Vince completely off television and Triple H is to take on the operations role of the company (kayfabe), I can't help but sit back and smile. But I'm not smiling because I'm happy... I've always been a HUGE fan of Vince's. I'm smiling because I know that life goes on in the wrestling industry and even though I dreaded the day this would come, its now here. The "out with the old and in with the new" description now applies to Vince McMahon.

Absolutely mind-blowing. I said it in the LD... in my eyes, EVERYTHING is starting to change.

Really, this is part of a very large angle. The WWE has transitioned pretty well from the Punk Saga (which will no doubt be re-visited very shortly) to the end of Vinnie Mac. I still find Vince McMahon to be very entertaining, but he's starting to show his age and perhaps it is time for him to stand aside on screen (I doubt this'll take place off screen, at least to start). HHH is the custom made replacement, and it works very well really. He's a decent talker, we know he can back it up and the fans are in to him. On top of that it's really not a stretch at all to think of him in this position. Most importantly though, I'm intrigued for next week, which is really the key. Excellent work from WWE.

I've only glanced over most of the posts here. Lots of good points as always.

But I haven't seen anyone mention this:

Vince being "fired" was not real, it wasn't fake either! Can't you see that was the end of Vince being on TV?

If he appears back on TV anytime soon I will be very suprised.

The tears were real, he was saying good bye to the crowds and the limelight to take a more backstage role and give HHH the baton of being the boss onscreen.

Pretty damn simple!

Vince is still CEO / HHH is now the Boss (on screen)

Rather than having a GM we are going to have HHH as the authority figure, much like when Vince was running raw.

Absolutely mind-blowing. I said it in the LD... in my eyes, EVERYTHING is starting to change.

I agree with this. Gradually, we will see things being a bit different, things being run in a new way. By the looks of it, it's gonna be ten times better and we're gonna have to keep our fingers crossed for it. I've always thought that HHH would have a better mind over VKM for running the company. If it's just storyline and no more, then it's a slight disappointment. But as D-Man said, everything is starting to change. I'm at the point already where I want to see next weeks Raw, but it's only Tuesday afternoon, so I've got to wait forever.

The reason I want to see it so much is to see the effect it's playing on Vince. Maybe he's there next week, just emotionally damaged by what happened at the end of Raw. He goes a little bit crazy, wanting his own spot back at the top.
But whatever happens, I can almost guarantee it's going to be good. The WWE have just sprung back to life out of nowhere, it's a beautiful sight.

TBH I think it's legit. I mean if it were just storyline, I would've expected Vince to go down kicking & screaming like he did when Commisioner Foley got him kicked out at Armageddon 2000. Although there is a report that Vince wanted to fight Cena after the show went off air but that's off air not on air nor do I think WWE will acknowledge it next week. I think Vince may be back next week to give his goodbye speech to the WWE Universe before he leaves for good and hopefully he still makes appearances in the future. However if it's a work, damn WWE are really good at fooling the world. Just goes to show WWE can still be great when they choose to step their game up. If it's legit it will be truly be sad to see Vince go but at the same time it's a refreshing change. I don't mind HHH running it, he knows his shit but Stephanie is the one I dread about running the company.

That was an epic ending to RAW last night. Really. MITB and RAW were very good. Well done, WWE. I stopped watching after Mania season and when Rock left- only times I watched after that were when Rock and Austin came back but I'm happy I watched last night. The entire show except for the divas match (can anyone say pointless filler?) was great.

Now. We've all heard rumors that Vince might be stepping back. I guess I'm wondering if you guys think that this is really legit and he's stepping back from the day-to-day operations and we're seeing that play out on screen (knowing Vince he'd do something like that), or if it's entirely kayfabe.

TBH I think it's legit. I mean if it were just storyline, I would've expected Vince to go down kicking & screaming like he did when Commisioner Foley got him kicked out at Armageddon 2000. Although there is a report that Vince wanted to fight Cena after the show went off air but that's off air not on air nor do I think WWE will acknowledge it next week. I think Vince may be back next week to give his goodbye speech to the WWE Universe before he leaves for good and hopefully he still makes appearances in the future. However if it's a work, damn WWE are really good at fooling the world. Just goes to show WWE can still be great when they choose to step their game up. If it's legit it will be truly be sad to see Vince go but at the same time it's a refreshing change. I don't mind HHH running it, he knows his shit but Stephanie is the one I dread about running the company.

so WWE just decide to change the chairman of the company over 1 meeting that doesn't even have Vince there? No investigation, no chance for Vince to explain his actions? The biggest point though is that this would never have happened on live TV. It's great to see WWE managing to make people think that it's real but in reality, this is giving HHH an on-screen presence, possibly the on screen retirement of Vince and continuing the whole Punk/WWE title angle.

I'm pretty sure that an invasion angle is about to happen. I expect to see CM Punk return with some of his ROH cronies (with new debuting stars Colt Cobana, KoW, Seth) to take over the WWE under McMahon culminating in a HHH-McMahon feud with John Cena allied with HHH and Punk with McMahon. That would make for awesome TV. Can you imagine the promos, the matches, the storylines you could have during this feud over the rightful owner of the WWE? Make it happen.

so WWE just decide to change the chairman of the company over 1 meeting that doesn't even have Vince there? No investigation, no chance for Vince to explain his actions? The biggest point though is that this would never have happened on live TV. It's great to see WWE managing to make people think that it's real but in reality, this is giving HHH an on-screen presence, possibly the on screen retirement of Vince and continuing the whole Punk/WWE title angle.

I didn't say the Board Of Directors meeting was real, I meant Vince stepping down may be legit. The Board Of Directors meeting is just a storyline reason for Vince stepping down. Maybe Vince wanted to go out with a good storyline instead of a generic "I'm retiring" speech. Shawn Michaels went out with his Career vs. Streak storyline against Taker and Flair did with his "If he loses a match, he retires" storyline back in 04 which is what made their retirements great. I'm sure if Edge wasn't banged up, he would've went out with a good storyline too instead of just announcing he's done right on the spot. If Vince wanted to step down quietly, this segment wouldn't have been done. However like I said if it's a work then WWE are really good at fooling people.

I've only glanced over most of the posts here. Lots of good points as always.

But I haven't seen anyone mention this:

Vince being "fired" was not real, it wasn't fake either! Can't you see that was the end of Vince being on TV?

If he appears back on TV anytime soon I will be very suprised.

The tears were real, he was saying good bye to the crowds and the limelight to take a more backstage role and give HHH the baton of being the boss onscreen.

Pretty damn simple!

Vince is still CEO / HHH is now the Boss (on screen)

Rather than having a GM we are going to have HHH as the authority figure, much like when Vince was running raw.

I think this could be pretty much spot on. When I saw Vince and the emotion on his face as they went off air it looked legitimate. Not that he was actually being fired, but like said above, that he was stepping out of the limelight he has been in for decades. That would be a pretty big deal to him.

Like others have repeatedly said, Vince obviously is still in charge of the corporate entity known as WWE, but HHH is now in charge on screen. No different than than GMs of the shows. They are the on-screen power, but everything is obviously controlled by Vince behind the scenes.

This will be the same thing. HHH will likely be on air a lot over the next few weeks, and I wouldn't be shocked if a full-time GM is put in place aound SummerSlam.

Either way, as others have said throughout this thread; this is the most exciting WWE has been in years because for once you don't really know where it is heading. It brings me back to when I was a kid watching and thought it was all real. You simply turned in the next time to see what was going to happen, and didn't spend the 6 days between shows trying to predict everything.

Whether or not Vince has actually stepped down as the CEO of the WWE i don't know but, i really think he has, from him and Trips getting emotional and crying to Sean Waltman sayin on twitter that a text HHH had sent him earlier in the day made more sense after Raw had ended and claimed that Vince is legitimately stepping down. If thats the case then im all for it but i am expecting Vince to come back in the future. I am excited to see how HHH handles his "new job" and I actually think Trips will do a better job than Vince but we'll have to wait and see for that...

Would you people STOP! Vince McMahon is NOT leaving WWE! Not in any way, shape, or form! Let me guess, all of you that have typed "Don't know if it's real or not" or "I think Vince is really stepping away" are the same people that thought Vince was REALLY dead when his limo exploded, right? And you thought The Rock was really in that ambulance when Hogan and the NWO drove that rig into it, right? You guys think Hogan really pushed The Giant off the top of that building too, right?

Vince has left for months and months before......does the term GM mean anything? HHH being the spokesperson for the "Board Of Directors" is another way of saying Mick Foley was the spokesperson for "The Network" in TNA!

IT'S A FREAKIN STORYLINE!!!!!

WWE is a publicly traded company, which means if any of that final segment on RAW was true, it would have been reported to ALL THE SHAREHOLDERS! It would have been blasted on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News and EVERY OTHER news outlet in the world! Guess what, not one mention of a publicly traded billion dollar company relieving it's Chairman & CEO of his duties! The WWE stock would have plummeted to being worth less than toilet paper!

If one more person types "I think it's real" then you are a bigger idiot than the previous 80 or so! Thank god there are about 20% of posters on here that actually have a degree in common sense!

Would you people STOP! Vince McMahon is NOT leaving WWE! Not in any way, shape, or form! Let me guess, all of you that have typed "Don't know if it's real or not" or "I think Vince is really stepping away" are the same people that thought Vince was REALLY dead when his limo exploded, right? And you thought The Rock was really in that ambulance when Hogan and the NWO drove that rig into it, right? You guys think Hogan really pushed The Giant off the top of that building too, right?

Vince has left for months and months before......does the term GM mean anything? HHH being the spokesperson for the "Board Of Directors" is another way of saying Mick Foley was the spokesperson for "The Network" in TNA!

IT'S A FREAKIN STORYLINE!!!!!

WWE is a publicly traded company, which means if any of that final segment on RAW was true, it would have been reported to ALL THE SHAREHOLDERS! It would have been blasted on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News and EVERY OTHER news outlet in the world! Guess what, not one mention of a publicly traded billion dollar company relieving it's Chairman & CEO of his duties! The WWE stock would have plummeted to being worth less than toilet paper!

If one more person types "I think it's real" then you are a bigger idiot than the previous 80 or so! Thank god there are about 20% of posters on here that actually have a degree in common sense!

hahaha you forgot to mention these are the same people who think CM PUNK is actually gone and never coming back and he will show up on impact wrestling :lmao::lmao::lmao: funny thing is people actually think this is real so wwe is doing a good job fooling the fools.... wrestling is getting good now the wwe stock is at a all time low i think its time to buy some shares in wwe

I think CM Punk has singed or will sign. It will go like this. Each week we will see Vince at home talking to someone on the phone saying I need you. However the first couple of times, the person hangs up. Eventually he agrees to help Vince and its CM Punk. They forum a stable with Colt Cabana and others to try and take the company back from HHH. HHH gets cena and a group to face Vinces group for battle for the wwe.

hahaha you forgot to mention these are the same people who think CM PUNK is actually gone and never coming back and he will show up on impact wrestling :lmao::lmao::lmao: funny thing is people actually think this is real so wwe is doing a good job fooling the fools.... wrestling is getting good now the wwe stock is at a all time low i think its time to buy some shares in wwe

Where did you get the facts that it's at an all time low? According to this http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=...=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined it's not. It is currently at 9.99 and it was at 7.10 October 14, 2002. So no it's not. The WWE stock fluctuates pretty much between 10 and 15 all the time. It's not a growth stock. It's going to be stagnate. Buying stocks is about understanding the psychology of people as it is understanding companies. WWE will never get that rush of buyers that drives the stock up permanently. It may be good for short term returns though. I do agree that you could buy it now, probably sell it in a few years. However, I don't think the storylines have anything to do with it as the rasslin audience aren't the stock buying types, they probably don't even know how. My guess is most of the fluctuations in the stock price are when people who own a lot of shares sell (to say, buy a house) or buy (to start increasing the value again) the stock.

If you buy any stock, buy a ETF like SRFAX or SPY, or if you want to do stuff on your own, buy GLD (gold, actually an ETF too), PG (proctor and gamble, great dividends, a company that doesn't fluctuate a lot with the market but is a safe bet to consistently go up steadily) and then 2 market leaders like CAT and AAPL (apple). WWE isn't going to get you anywhere unless you're in it for short term gains, which is a stupid game to be in unless you can dedicate your whole life to it.

On second though, my favorite technical indicator the bollinger bands suggest that WWE's recent treand upward is reaching it's peak and will likely drop a few points. Wait a week or so until it drops a bit.

As for the topic of the article. WWE will pretty much always be in good hands. Even if Vince dies they have a long term plan. Read their 2010 annual report, they call it the "new WWE" which is about being more available to a broader audience, both their wrestling product and expanding what they do have (I think they should do music videos and movie trailers, their vid packages are amazing). The WWE is going to continue to be an efficient, amazing machine for years down the line.

Didn't read any of this thread, probably never will. Just felt like putting my thoughts out there.

To start, I'm going to come clean and say that I thought the closing segment on Raw became laughable with Triple H acting the way he did. Cena's promo was off the fucking hook, Vince acted his part beautifully, but then Hunter cam out and I literally laughed when he acted all heartbroken about having to cut Vince loose. I totally kept expecting some kind of "Suck It!!" to come out of his mouth but it never did. It was just very odd, to say the least.

Now having said that, despite the bad acting I can honestly say that during the past month I have never been so emotionally invested in angle. I'm becoming more and more impatient as the weeks go by as I really want to see Raw each week more than ever. Triple H as an authority figure is an interesting idea, and I suspect that he'll be responsible for Punk coming back in some capacitty. I'm really interested to see how he's going to be interjected into this angle, just as I'm curious what the fate of Vince will be. Will he and Punk ultimately combine their efforts and try to topple the WWE? Who knows? All I know is Summerslam is going to rule, and this summer has been and will be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back