How Would You Book A New Stable in Today's WWE?

nWo2

Fans Since Forever
Create a stable
If you were working for ideas and they said pitch a new stable... what would you do?

Pick a Brand (Raw or Smackdown)
  1. Who's in the stable?
  2. Who do they feud with?
  3. What type of stable is it; Purpose
  4. reference (Evolution was to WWE ala The Four Horsemen)

Smackdown
Wade Barrett & Sheamus
Every face on Smackdown (Orton & Daniel Bryan)
Use their current feud to build steam between the two as they develop a mutual respect after 3 all out wars for matches. Wade Barrett then does a run-in to help Sheamus get a win over Orton in a non-title match. Have these two keep each other with the titles until Barrett gets ambitious for the WWE title
This heel stable would be the "British Invasion" in an Austin/Triple H team that hold the tag belts, World & IC.

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
STAY ON TOPIC! Off topic responses will be deleted, and possibly infracted.

This is what id do!

Cena beats punk at summerslam for the title with the help of Triple H. Turns heel and and Trips fires punk! Few weeks later Mr McMahon returns with Punk, The KOW, Colt Cabana and maybe some other ROH guys to start a invasion storyline! Triple H and the WWE vs Vince and ROH! have it last till survivor series where if Team ROH win then Vince gets control and the Team ROH get contracts. Team ROH win when rock returns and screws cena. Afterwards we build up to Punk vs HHH at mania with the other ROH guys going there seperate ways.

sorry for not sticking to your guidelines and kinda following the trend at the moment instead of doing a more fantasy booking kind of angle but i think this would be a great way to build up cena as a heel, punk as the face and also bring in some new talent and build to WM.

I'd make a European Invasion stable. With William Regal as the leader. Wade Barrett as the young cocky one. Sheamus and Drew McIntyre in a tag team of tough SOBs. And Vladamir Kozlov as the muscle.

They can feud with a stable of top guys like Cena, Orton, Bryan, Morrison, and Kane/Big Show.

I'd build them as this stable that's unstoppable. And I'd have them beat the top stable on numerous occasions. I'd have Wade Barrett win the U.S championship and turned it to the UK championship. Drawing Massive heat. Then the stable feud all ends in a series of singles and two on two tag team matches at Wrestlemania. This is also a great way to push William Regal. And make him challenge for the WWE title.

Stable Name: The Fortunate Sons

Stable Members: Alberto Del Rio, Michael McGillicutty and Ted DiBiase

Stable Purpose: Del Rio is the son of Dos Caras. He is portrayed as "rich" so he is fortunate. McGillicutty is the son "Mr Perfect" Curt Hennig, so being "perfect" he is fortunate. And obviously DiBiase the Jr of the Million Dollar Man. The name means he is fortunate. Del Rio being the leader, this team could be similar to Legacy in the sense Del Rio is the Orton and in the World Title picture, with help of his stooges. The other two rule the "Tag Team Division" if one still exists. They rule the SmackDown brand becoming WWE Champion and WWE Tag Team Champions. They can be drafted together to Raw and rule that brand, like the nWo was drafted together. Obviously after 2 or 3 years, they disolve with DiBiase and McGillicutty backing off from Del Rio, then those two feud over the Intercontinental Championship (Pefect was IC Champion. Hint.)

Stable Rivalries: They can feud with whoever else is in the World Championship picture, like Randy Orton, Kane, Big Show, John Cena, Rey Mysterio etc and DiBiase and McGillicutty can feud over the Tag Team Championships. Basics really, when you think about it.

It gives all three something major to do and gets them on TV every week. Ideally, I would have kept Legacy together and get McGillicutty to join thus having:
WWE Champion - Orton
IC Champion - McGillicutty
Tag Team Champions - DiBiase and Rhodes
Shame. But, this will do.

This is what id do!

Cena beats punk at summerslam for the title with the help of Triple H. Turns heel and and Trips fires punk! Few weeks later Mr McMahon returns with Punk, The KOW, Colt Cabana and maybe some other ROH guys to start a invasion storyline! Triple H and the WWE vs Vince and ROH! have it last till survivor series where if Team ROH win then Vince gets control and the Team ROH get contracts. Team ROH win when rock returns and screws cena. Afterwards we build up to Punk vs HHH at mania with the other ROH guys going there seperate ways.

No.

Call me a troll or whatever name you want, but this is TNA booking (i.e. using old storylines). WWE did this when Vince brought in NWO to destroy the WWE in an attempt take back control of the company from Ric Flair.

If we are going to play the booking game, Ill play along.

I would do it like WWE did back with the Radicals...but slower, with a mix of Nexus. During a Cena/Punk match (maybe on RAW, not specific to a PPV or a 1-on-1 match), Cena is getting beat by Punk. Eventually Cena goes all SuperCena and goes for the AA. Thats when Daniel Bryan comes down the ramp and distracts Cena, allowing Punk to win. Cena is shocked but thinks Bryan is going to cash in on Punk (yeah yeah Smackdown MITB winner...whateves.). Bryan nails Cena in the head with the case and locks in the label lock as RAW ends.

The Next week have Cena challenge Bryan to a match. Cena wins with an "accidental" distraction from Punk. As Cena celebrates, a "fan" dressed in Cena gear attacks him, revealed to be Colt Cabana. Punk and Bryan are blocking the ramp so no help can come down. RAW ends.

Week three you have Cena PISSED. he knows Punk is up to something. He goes to Triple H to ask for help, but H says he cant handle it right now, and tells Cena to find a partner for a match against Punk and Bryan. Cena is looking to the roster. Evan Bourne steps up and says he will help Cena. Before the match, Bourne is shown walking to the ring until he is attacked. Cena is on his own and its a hadicap match. Midway through the match, "Cult of Personality" plays. Colt Cabana comes out...followed by 2 other guys. Byran and Punk take Cena out. RAW ends.

4th week. Punk welcomes the KOW. Evan Bourne is apologizing to Cena. Cena asks Bourne to back him up tonight. Cena will have a match with Bryan later and Bourne can be in his corner. ME...its Cena/Bryan with Bourne in Cena's corner. Colt and the KOW appear at the entrance. Punk runs in to attack Cena but Bourne catches him. Bryan takes out Bourne and the KOW attack Cena. Cena is laid out as Bourne jumps uop to the top rope looking to attack the 5 guys. Instead he hits AirBourne on CENA! Bourne gets up, looks at Punk and shakes his hand. All 6 men stand in the ring with a lifeless Cena at their feet.

There is a stable for you. Its tricky, but it shakes things up and pushes GOOD young talent. Bourne goes heel, Bryan goes heel, you introduce Colt Cabana and the KOW, and you make Punk the leader. Punk hilds the WWE Title, Bryan has the MITB, and KOW can challenge for the Tag Titles.

Stable Name: The Trailer Park Boys

Stable Members: Skip Sheffield(leader), McGillicutty, Harris and Jamie Noble as there manager. Dunno what hes up to now, pretty sure hes retired but he wouldnt have to get in the ring. Loved this guy on the mic thought he was hilarious sometimes.

Type of Stable: Basically a redneck stable. Probably have them faces but guess they could go either way. They wouldnt be a main event stable but Sheffield could be in teh US/IC hunt for a bit and McGillicutty and Harris could chase the tag belts. I liked Cutty/Harris better than Otunga. Really just cant stand that guy. They could get introduced doing stereotype redneck stuff; hunting, muddin, dippin. They could do backstage segments with them hanging out in a trailer. Just think it could be a decent comedy group outta the ring and a threat in the ring. Eventually id have Sheffield break into the main event scene cus i think he could be a real star in the future.

Stable Rivalries: Feud with the IC Champ and tag champs. Doesnt necessarilly need to be another group. But they can help eachother out and what not. Guys like Rhodes & DiBiase would be good to feud with, looking down on the group. Also Barrett would be another good one to be in the mix. d

dude thats perfect. To be honest i didnt think about the whole WWE nWo thing when writing but my only problem is that it doesnt really shake things up as it keeps Cena as the face battling against the odds and that kind rules out all the work done by Punk/Cena and VKM recently. You need to build punk and the new guys as the new faces of the company and have cena build mega heel heat heading into his WM build up with The Rock.

There are multiple ways of doing that. This was just one instance. What I meant by "shake things up" was that Bryan and Bourne go heel...something we never thought we'd see.

You could still write it in a way that makes them the new faces of WWE. Keep Punk doing what he's doing. Cut more shoot style promos...let Bryan say something, let Colt say something. Have it so it makes Cena look like he is old news and that THEY are the future of WWE.

Where you would go from there I dont know. Maybe Triple H signed Punk under the condidtions that he sign those 3 guys too. Have McMahon come back and say that this was what he was afraid of. You also have to remember...The Rock is in the picture too. This stable building could go all the way until Survivor Series.

I would make a Stable where they feel too Good for Brands. In a way it is its own Brand. Heel of course. They have a vision for the WWE and they end up getting fired (kayfabe) and they buy a share of the WWE (kayfabe) and they keep coming back trying to fix it and they keep recruiting members til instead of a stable its kind of an army.

I would call it "Gods"

Leaders: Orton and Cena
Other members: Wade Barrett, The Miz, Ziggler, Chris Masters, Sheamus,Dibiase, and Rhodes. <<<this is over time. It first starts with Legacy.. then other members join and half way thru the storyline CENA joins

Of course some of these guys are not Gods worthy^^^^
having a Chris Masters gives it a balance i think
WWE vs. Gods.

At this point theres not to much to defend the WWE making the GODS unstoppable for awhile.

Here's another idea for a stable.

Name : The Devil's Favorite Demons

Members : Kane(leader), Brodus Clay, Mason Ryan, Tyler Reks, Cody Rhodes, and Ted DiBiase.

Purpose : Obviously a stable of freaks and monsters. They can be led by Kane. Who goes after the world heavywieght title and wins it with their help. Brodus Clay, Tyler Reks, and Mason Ryan can be the monsters that Kane "chose" to dominate the WWE after his time is over. kinda like how in Evolution Triple H used to say that he has to look into the future. And that Randy Orton/Batista would be "the man" after he leaves. Rhodes and DiBiase can be a freakish tag team that represents the stable and do all of Kane's dirty work of course.

Feuds : Kane with the world heavyweight champion. Mason Ryan with Big Show. Brodus Clay with a fresh midcard face like Alex Riley. Tyler Reks can aid the stable and help them with their rivalries. And Rhodes and DiBiase with the tag team champions.

Im my opinion this stable would make Kane a top main event heel again. Put all of the big men that Kane "chose to be the monsters after he leaves" over. Make Rhodes look like the sinister freak heel that he is. And also give DiBiase something to go with.

Stable Name: On the Shelf

Who's in the stable? Undertaker, Austin, Kane, HBK, Edge, Triple H, Big Show

Who do they feud with? All their career ending nagging injuries, and the youth movement within the WWE.

What type of stable is it; Purpose giving the vets a chance to shine again before finally stepping away from the WWE as active wrestlers completely.

here's another one...

Show: RAW

Name: I dunno im crap with names.

Members: Zack Ryder, David Otunga, The Miz, Scott Stanford.

Purpose: A Cocky heel group that play on their celebrity, Zack is the internet star, Otunga is married to a oscar winning actress and the miz is a reality tv star and scott could be the mouthpeice manager for them all. Not that miz and ryder need a mouthpeice but he is merely there for appearence. Have them do crazy skits where they go to movie premiers and have them do stuff with other celebs.

Feuds: They could pretty much feud with anyone but id say just let them do their own single stuff but keep that bond and friendship intact.

I would have a stable similar to evolution but with more attitude.

not sure about the name

LEADER : Triple h

members: Sheamus , Wade barret and drew mcintyre

have them come out in suits. I would have triple h build tem up and I know sheamus is a 2 time champ but he has kind of fallen from his debut. I would have triple h win the wwe title and would love to sheamus to have the world title and then have mcintre and barret the tagtitles or i.c and u.s title.

they are all pretty good on the mic and can back it up in the ring and I think it would be a beleivable group and something fresh

I would have a stable similar to evolution but with more attitude.

not sure about the name

LEADER : Triple h

members: Sheamus , Wade barret and drew mcintyre

have them come out in suits. I would have triple h build tem up and I know sheamus is a 2 time champ but he has kind of fallen from his debut. I would have triple h win the wwe title and would love to sheamus to have the world title and then have mcintre and barret the tagtitles or i.c and u.s title.

they are all pretty good on the mic and can back it up in the ring and I think it would be a beleivable group and something fresh

No. 1) Triple H is the COO right now of WWE, he doesn't need to get back in the ring or get the WWE Title for that matter.

2) You need to have a veteran fill in the role of Triple H from Evolution, but there really isn't anyone right now. Triple H was at the peak of his career when he did Evolution, no one on the roster is there yet. Cena and Orton have a few more years yet.

3) Evolution was a take of the Four Horsemen...that stable storyline has been done to death.

4) I dont see how any of the other guys would fit with Triple H...especially Sheamus, a guy that WAS known for taking Triple H out for a year. Yeah H got his revenge, but what...all would be forgiven then?

I like the idea of an Anti-English stable and would use...

The UK Anarchy

Mason Ryan (Welsh), Drew McIntyre (Scot), Finlay (Northern Ireland) as manager/wrestler

All 3 guys come from the UK but their countries have some level of devolved power... Bring this into the WWE for particularly UK shows and you have some intense heat and interesting heel/face dynamics.

They feud with Wade Barrett, William Regal, and Paul Birchill... or any of the TNA English guys they can pick up... potentially they could also use Sheamus and DH Smith on Team England...

Stable Name: The Honorable Ones

Members: CM Punk (Leader) he would be the mouthpiece of the group. He is one of the best mic workers in the biz today as well as one of the best in ring performers., Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins (The Future) currently in FCW. he should be coming up soon., The Kings of Wrestling (The Tag Team) after all they have said that they are going to sign with WWE., Evan Bourne (The High Flyer). Colt Cabana if he resigns with WWE.

Feud With: The Entire WWE.

Type: Their purpose is to just go out there and prove that they are better then everyone else. They are better athletes and better all round performers.

Pick a Brand (Raw or Smackdown) - RAW

Who's in the stable? - Triple H, William Regal, Drew McIntyre, Mason Ryan

Who do they feud with? - All face superstars in WWE. Main guys like Cena, Orton, Punk, etc.

What type of stable is it; Purpose - A direct rehash of Evolution. Not all recycled story lines are bad. Let Triple H decide to return to action. He turns heel within a month or 2 when Regal helps him cheat to win the WWE title.

Have Regal start mentoring Drew and Mason separately as well as managing Triple H. Eventually Regal starts having Drew and Mason interfere, and Triple H announces that this will be the new evolution.

Purpose - To get Drew and Mason over with the crowd, to give William Regal one last main story in WWE, and to set up Triple H to surpass Flairs title record if TNA tries to do so first. (I think Triple H deserves it more than most people around).

Okay, other then the SVR fantasy stables. (lol) I agree with the fueding compaines. Sure it has been done before. But c'mon. nWo really think old ass hogan and them would take back WWE against the talent they had at the time period. You have guys like The Kings f Wrestling coming in. And Colt Cabana. Why NOT have Vince working in the shadows. Converting over some WWE friendly and going against the family who banished him from working the show HE created! With the talent coming in. (ie: KOW,Colt, etc.) and Punks IMMENSE fire showing. Over cenas stale performances as a face. I think it be a good shift in the universe. Let cena BE the bad guy for a little while. If I remember correctly he WAS a heel and wasn't that bad at it. other then his whack ass rapping skills. I would like to see this storyline. I don't think they need any stables within the company now unless they are having to compete for the company. These new wrestlers coming in ARE wrestlers. Show em how it's done ROH.

It's called the Reality Era for a reason people. Were done with the baby wishes and cenas fruity pebble t shirts. the ultimate cena heel move. MAKE HIS CLOTHING BLACK lol. rainbow colors are too positive.

Here's my idea for a faction: The Zack Pack

Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Primo and Trent Beretta. Zack's the leader and they're all managed by Scott Stanford.

They would be heels and their main purpose will be to get Zack Ryder over as a Miz-like heel. Maybe they can bring The Big O as an enforcer.

i would turn cena heel at summerslam, siding with a returning vince to be the new leader of nexus. with a returning mason ryan this would return the nexus to the dominant stable it once was. this way you would have cena as a heel champ, being chased by a face punk.

Everyone pretty much wants the same thing. Its funny whenever I have a wrestling game I always make the same variations of this stable and I'm seeing it a lot.

Its like Evolution with a deeper roster because theres more ground to cover.
HHH as leader, champion, influence and actual decision making power
William Regal & HBK/Nash/X-Pac (his buddy) as the Ric Flair type of dirty veteran
Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, DiBiase or Rhodes, Snitsky, Chris Masters.

They would set out to capture all of the WWE's titles... currently I would have Regal be the "Commissioner" while HHH is the COO (wrestling 2/3 matches per year) then the other legend/buddy would oversee everything with their Smackdown members.

On SVR08 they feuded with Orton & Cena on Raw & Batista & Taker on Smackdown

This is a cool thread but I've decided to make a stable that could realistically happen using active guys on the roster, so this is my idea for a new stable.
Brand: RAW
Stable name: Rocksta
Who's in the stable? John Morrison, Evan Bourne and Curt Hawkins
Who do they feud with? Morrison can feud with Miz, Alberto, Truth and any top heel/heel group, Bourne and Hawkins can watch his back to see that no cheating is going on, Bourne and Hawkins in Tag Division can feud with any active tag team with Morrison ringside.
What type of stable is it: Face stable, Morrison as Leader/Mouthpiece and Bourne and Hawkins as the tag team, the team can make jokes at the heels and don't take themselves too seriously.
Reference: DX back in May - Dec 1998, a fun stable that mocks the heels but can get the job done in the ring. Cool taunt and slogan that the crowd can join into.

Stables are great. Basically anyone involved with a hot stable is instantly over. Just think of how over some guys got just by being associated with the nWo, DX, corporation, etc.

What you need are roles. No I don't mean "leader, enforcer, etc" I mean more like for marketing purposes.

You want an achor, a support, and some guys who need help getting over. They need to have a recognizeable motivation (so a ROH invasion would be short lived because not as many people give a shit as you think).

The anchor needs to be someone fairly visible, a top 10 guy in overness. Your support needs to be a mainstay, your other guys can be pretty much anyone who can gel with the team.

My anchor would be Alberto Del Rio. He is very over, a great talker, and visible as one of the top guys.

His support would be Big Show. Yea yea they feuded and whatnot. ADR uses money to lure Show in and Show has the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality.

The guy they're going to get over is Riley. I know he's a babyface but I'm thinking months down the line since WWE probably has stuff planned out for a while.

Ricardo Rodriguez is always there too. I think 4 bodies on the screen is enough, 3 is too little, 5 is too much.

The premise of the stable is that ADR is pissed that he hasn't fullfilled destino, so he hired Big Show and a disgruntled Riley.

You start it like this. ADR is feuding with Mysterio or some other top card babyface. He says "I have a big surprise para you" then some shit in spanish and winks and does his schtick. Before the match, you find out that Ricardo has someone dear to the babyface tied up. Kid, wife, dog, whatever. So you think that's the big surprise. During the match, reff bump etc. Babyface is chasing Ricardo away from his loved one, and out from under the ring comes Big Show, stands behind ricardo. Ricardo acts scared but the Show chokeslams the babyface through the announce table and rolls him in the ring, ADR wins.

Show says he got tired of being a nice guy and that ADR showed him that you can't succeed being nice.

Meanwhile Riley is getting his ass handed to him. ADR says he sees potential in Riley and he will help him. I scratch your back you scratch mine type of thing. During Riley matches ADR will come out and watch as Riley loses match after match. Eventually Riley can't help it and accepts.

So that's how it begins. I donno about a name.

The way the stable works is they all win a lot by cheating. So Del Rio wins when Show helps him, Show wins when Riley helps him, Riley wins when Ricardo helps him, etc. Once Del Rio wins the strap, Riley starts to be able to win matches on his own. He starts telling Del Rio to piss off. Creating tension.

In the end Riley gets sick of Del Rio's shit but at first has to go through Big Show. So after a strong showing (lol) against Big Show at a PPV where he shows off his strength, which people fuckin love, he gets ADR. Maybe ADR has the title and he says he won't fight Riley. Riley costs ADR the title and that makes ADR pissed enough to accept the match.

1. Who's in the stable? Alberto Del Rio, Big Show, Alex Riley, Ricardo
2. Who do they feud with? Top babyface and midcard babyfaces, but never against another official stable.
3. Type of stable, purpose? Heels, Kayfabe purpose to get ADR the belt, Business purpose to get Riley over as a main event babyface.
4. Reference? All the ones with rich dudes paying other dudes to do their shit for them.

Course, my stable may not be needed. It's rough to flip flop Riley that much and it'd be a tough sell at first if Show was buddy buddy with ADR. I do think that ADR with a group to help him achieve destino, along with a big ass vet monster and a raw kid would work. If you don't like my idea, plug in the big ass vet monster with a big ass vet monster you think would work and plug in Riley with another raw young talent.

Splitting Image (referencing Melina's Split and The Bellas being a splitting image of each other, it might sound stupid but I cant think of anything else right now)

Melina and The Bella Twins

They feud with Kelly Kelly and cheat to win the belt and from there you have a force that can dominate the Divas Division. Say they had Kelly Kelly get a big title defense over Maryse at SummerSlam, but at Night of Champions Melina gets a shot after attacking Kelly post-match @ SS. The Bellas would cheat for Melina, Melina would have the belt all year, into 2012 and keep it until Kharma returns.
You have Kharma go after The Bellas like she promised, but the trio can gang up on her and take her out via some brutal tactics, this should give them some time to drag out a nice feud eventually seeing her take out The Bellas and then challenge Melina for the belt on PPV. That's what I would do in the now with that trio, but WWE needs to do this, this awesome trio of WWE Bad Girls is staring them right in the face.
Melina comes out to their music in these tag matches and starts dancing to it, and they just look like a team (they teamed on Raw, Superstars etc) it just looks right, they have a nice look.

it would be way better than Candice, Torrie and Victoria's trio and that was good, I think this has potential to get over. The Division could use it too, they have had LayCool and The Bellas, tag teams, they still have one in AJ and Kaitlyn on SD! so why not have a stable now too?
Divas need more depth and variety in the division, we could use a faction, just a trio of girls, this is the best stable they could do right now.
They need to do more for the Divas just like the tag division, we need more teams so screw a stable for the guys I'd have more teams first, thats smarter!

I would love to see Triple H turn heel and use his powers to 'get his own way'.

Triple H
The Miz
Mason Ryan
Chris Masters

Ryan and Masters would make a powerful tag team and could hold the belts for a few months. Would also act as credible bodyguards for The Game. Miz could get back into the Title picture and chase the belt.

Vince can return in a few months, putting together his own stable to try and topple them, culminating in a match at Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back