WWE Championship Vacated - Keep It All Here!!!

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
Oh wait, “Vacated” isn’t the name of a WWE Legend / SuperStar??

The WWE Championship has been vacated 9 times in its rich history.

1. Antonio Inoki – Inoki immediately vacated the title after a rematch with Backlund ended in a no contest.

2. Andre The Giant – Immediately after winning the title from Hogan, André sold the title to DiBiase; President Jack Tunney nullified this decision, and vacated the title.

3. Hulk Hogan – Hogan was stripped of the title by Tunney due to the controversy surrounding both of the previous title changes. This aired December 7, 1991.

4. Shawn Michaels – Michaels forfeited the title due to a knee injury.

5. Stone Cold Steve Austin – Vacated after Kane and The Undertaker simultaneously pinned Austin in a triple threat match. A subsequent match for the vacant title at Judgment Day: In Your House between Kane and The Undertaker ended in a no-contest.

6. Vince McMahon – McMahon vacated the title.

7. John Cena – Vacated when Cena suffered a torn right pectoral tendon on the October 1 edition of Raw.

8. Batista – Vacated when Batista suffered a torn left bicep.

9. Daniel Bryan – Vacated after a controversial finish between Bryan and Orton the previous night at Night of Champions.

Look at this list of names. These are some of the greatest WWE SuperStars in the history of the WWE. Granted Batista might not be on everyone’s Top 10 list, but being that his Filipino, he’s at least in my Top 20, maybe Top 10, but nothing higher than # 10.

Anyway, to resolve the vacant WWE Championship Title Belt issue, we have had Title changes go unrecognized, Two 14 – Man (why 14??) tournaments (WrestleMania IV and Survivor Series 1998), a Royal Rumble Title match, a Fatal Four Way Elimination match, a Six-Pack Challenge, the richest prize in this industry simply being awarded to a SuperStar, and a Fatal Four Way match.

My questions are:

Which one was your favorite way of filling in the vacancy??

If you were VKM, how would you decide the next WWE Champion?? Would you go with anything that’s already been done?? Do you have a new, fresh, and innovative idea to execute?? Do you just give every WWE SuperStar a copy of the Belt with their respective side plates?? WrestleMania Series?? I’m just kidding. Maybe they should just retire the WWE Belt and use the World Title as the main Championship in the company.

If the WWE were to go with one of the previously used ideas, here’s how I would do it.

14 – Man Tournament – First of all, I do not like 14, but if I did, I guess Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton should get the byes. Secondly, I would only include former WWE / World Champions from the current roster. The 14 SuperStars are: Big Show, Christian, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, The Great Khali, Jack Swagger, Kane, Mark Henry, The Miz, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam, and Sheamus. I would then have Daniel Bryan become the first SuperStar to vacate the WWE Championship and then regain it. I know Triple H did this with the World Championship, but a SuperStar has never regained the WWE Championship right after vacating it.

Royal Rumble Title match – I think the Royal Rumble is too far away to use to fill in the vacancy. Then again, they could always just use the World Title as the Top Title till January.

Fatal Four Way Elimination match – I would have to go with Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Triple H, and John Cena.

Six – Pack Challenge – I would have to go with Booker T., Brock Lesnar, John Cena, The Rock, Triple H and the Undertaker. Just kidding. I wouldn’t do a Six – Pack Challenge, unless it was Corona.

Award the WWE Championship Title to someone – I would use this as a way to get Chris Jericho back to the WWE. Hell, I might strip Alberto Del Rio of the World Title and crown Chris Jericho as the Undisputed WWE World Champion.

Fatal Four Way match – I would just go with who I picked for the Fatal Four Way Elimination match.

As for a new way to handle what’s best for business, I’m thinking Extreme Elimination TLC Chamber, where you can only win by grabbing the Championship hanging from the ceiling of the Elimination Chamber, only after all 6 SuperStars have entered the match. Hey, it’s better than the Ready To Rumble Triple Cage!!

WrestleMania IV was won of my favorites, watching the Macho Man go through that tournament. Although going back and watching those matches they were VERY short because of how Jam packed that card was. I would do an 8 man tournament (16 if you want a qualification match on raw) but have it as King of the Ring style having to win 3 matches in one night. I don't want to see a Khali in there. The PPV could be Bryan, Orton, Show, Henry, Ryback, Punk, Dean Ambrose (early enough in his career to make a splash for this kind of tournament) and I'll even say the Miz for the lack of a believable number 8 who can win the title and after the attack by Orton pair them first round for an early elimination. Even though Show is a face, he's representing the corporation giving him a heel status giving an even 4&4.

1st Round
Orton v Miz (Orton obviously)
Show v Henry (Show)
Punk v Ryback (Ryback advances in a non-clean way keeping Punk v Heyman)
Bryan v Ambrose (Bryan by DQ where Shields job is to DESTROY HIM)

2nd Round
Orton v Show (Show ordered to lay down for Orton)
Bryan v Ryback (Punk exacts revenge on Ryback. Bryan is bad by Shield that Ryback just having fun, Punk comes out distracts Ryback gets caught in the Yes lock)

Setting up the Final Orton v Bryan

I would be interested in a tournament before Battleground or Survivor Series because there isn't time between Hell in a Cell. I like the idea of Orton and Bryan getting byes so a tournament involving Ryback, Punk, Ziggler, Ambrose, Kofi, Reigns, Sandow, RVD, Rollins and The Miz. That guarantees some fantastic matches. Ryback/Punk, Orton/Miz; Bryan/Reigns, Ambrose/Ziggler. (Kofi, Sandow, RVD and Rollins eliminated in the first round) This tournament culminating in Orton vs Bryan could be very refreshing and allow Orton to "prove" himself as champ.

The dream way to decide it is have Orton/Bryan draw a match at Battleground and put the WWE title in a 6-man Hell in a Cell. I don't care if they have Elimination Chamber, they have only had one of these matches. Can you imagine; Orton, Bryan, Punk, Ryback, Ziggler and someone from The Shield or Axel. Without Cena and Sheamus they need to have something that makes the PPV stand-out and this match would do just that.

how bout a war games situation. instead of teams though have single eliminations after everybody has entered similair to elimination shamber

Armageddon Hell In A Cell!! Brilliant!! I always thought that when Kurt Angle had to defend his Title in that match, it was unfair. Now for a vacant Championship, that’s fair!! I like it!! I hope they go with this idea instead, but that would mean the WWE Championship would be vacant during Battleground. HA!!

I don’t think WarGames would work in this situation. WarGames is for 3 – on – 3 or 4 – on – 4 or 5 – on – 5 team battles. Even defending the Tag Titles wouldn’t work in WarGames.

I'm sure the vacated title will be fought for in some sort of singles match between Bryan/Orton. However; I think a tournament could add some new dimensions to the title picture, some new rivalries and add to the excitement.
Don't get me wrong, I realize the Bryan/Trips/Orton storyline is FAR from it's conclusion and I am not suggesting a premature ending to it. Just thinking back to the two major Title tournaments WWE held and the excitement and surprises they brought.

A tournament would be a generally "fair" looking approach in which seemingly "everyone" has an opportunity. If this angle had been going down around the beginning of the year, a long tournament culminating between a couple of challengers at WrestleMania could be done. However, when you consider all the potential players and what they're currently involved in, a things stand right now, Daniel Bryan is the only logical choice and he's the one pretty much all the fans want anyhow. So right now, a tournament could be pretty pointless. Cena & Sheamus are out injured, RVD should be taking time off in the near future, Ziggler is back in the mid-card title hunt, Punk is occupied with Heyman & now Ryback and Orton's heel.

However, the reports suggest that a new champ will be crowned at the Battleground ppv. If I had to guess, it'll wind up being some sort of no DQ match between Bryan & Orton.

Armageddon Hell In A Cell!! Brilliant!! I always thought that when Kurt Angle had to defend his Title in that match, it was unfair. Now for a vacant Championship, that’s fair!! I like it!! I hope they go with this idea instead, but that would mean the WWE Championship would be vacant during Battleground. HA!!

I don’t think WarGames would work in this situation. WarGames is for 3 – on – 3 or 4 – on – 4 or 5 – on – 5 team battles. Even defending the Tag Titles wouldn’t work in WarGames.

I suppose they could have WarGames as Team Orton (Randy + The Shield) vs Team Bryan (Daniel, Ziggler, Rhodes and RVD) where whichever team wins the captain gets the title. It would be great to see a modern day wargames match and this would be a great fit.

A WarGames match at Battleground could work, but the Title should not be on the line. I never liked the idea of singles Titles defended in Team matches, like David Arquette's Title victory. As for the teams, I like Orton and the Shield vs. Bryan, Ziggler, and the Prime Time Players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back