**MERGED** All Daniel Bryan/Sheamus Situation- Keep It All In Here!

He's the beneficiary of a great program written for him; it shows that Creative can take people with essentially bland personalities and turn them into success stories by writing winning storylines

That's not really fair to Danielson. I'm guessing that you didn't watch a lot of his work in ROH, especially in 2006 when he was the ROH World Champion. He had a ton of Character and was able to get the very very Pro-Danielson, "Indie crowd" to HATE him. He plays the cocky heel Character very very well. I was just upset that he didn't start having the ring announcers add a little message from the Champ to his introductions, and "reminding" the referee that he "has till 5" to break a hold after they get to the ropes.

If the Yes chants are at every event now instead of the what? I will be ok with that the What? is old now Stone Cold isn't even in the WWE anymore at least the Yes! chant is a chant for a current star. I hope WWE uses this current Danial Bryan popularity to their advantage would be good for both Danial Bryan and the WWE.

The major difference between the YES and the WHAT chants is that the YES is both a reference to Bryan, and also a positive reaction, where people are saying they are pleased with what's happening. A positive reaction is always a good thing.

The WHAT is obnoxious, most of the people saying it don't even know WHY it's being said or where it comes from, and it is insulting to wrestlers.

The YES YES YES and NO NO NO in the Punk/Henry match was perfect. They did it with all the strikes from either wrestler, which made it fun to watch, gets the crowd into the match as they pay attention to every move as a result, and shows strong support for the face (Punk with YES's) and the opposite for the heel (Henry with NO's). It's better than a crowd being dead the whole time, I would think?

I mean, the crowd last night had an abolute blast, and I would love to be there when they're doing that. I mean, chanting YES for every elbow strike of Punk's, then going "woaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh YES" for a big kick after the strikes? That looks like great fun to me, and it means, most importantly, that the crowd are all paying full attention to the match, which is what you want.

I'd love to see it catch on for big matches, like RAW/SD main events or PPV matches.

PS: I do NOT want to see Bryan turn face. His heel character is hysterically funny, and heels can be over just fine without needing to go face. Eventually, and I mean a good while down the line, he'd be a tweener, hopefully. I don't want him to lose the smug, arrogant edge he's gained, it's too damn fun. Anyone who saw his ROH title run as a heel knew he's best as a bad guy.

If he stays heel, its going to be very very strange!! I cant see it being any time soon that the audience is gonna start booing him again!! And if the rivalry continues with sheamus getting booed, i'm gna be laughing for weeks! They may have accidentaly recreated an austin effect, he can probably do no wrong!

A cool thing to do keeping heel (or not), seeing as it appears to be injury list superstars getting title shots (I mean del rio, who may be actually back, and the promised 'one more match' for christian) would be for Bryan to 'take out' any other competitors (bit of aggression is always nice?) so that he's the only challenger left! (but what the hell do i know.)

For crying out loud HAM...the DIVAS lasted longer. Are you trying to tell me it CREDITED Sheamus AND DB to not even last as long as a Divas match that featured an anorexic barbie doll and a...
Let me answer that with a picture:

526427_354618431241865_249402671763442_963667_1403991802_n.jpg

It's way too soon to tell what will become of the Daniel Bryan but people are overreacting entirely to his loss. If these types of chants keep happening, don't you think the WWE will eventually listen to the fans? It's possible this match helped Daniel Bryan way more than it would had it lasted longer.
If anything it DETERIORATED any credibility DB was bringing to the title. He was winning underhandedly and everything but isn't that what heels do? Last I checked DB was a heel. Might be wrong but isn't he supposed to be this gloating, ego fueled heel? Heels use underhanded tactics.
And Sheamus took care of that by making sure Daniel Bryan wouldn't use those same tactics on him and squeeze away another victory.
From this point forward if Sheamus hits the kick and someone kicks out it immediately takes away DB as a credible contender. How can someone who ONLY took a kick and got pinned be viewed as a reasonable title contender if someone who wrestles a long match can kick out? If anything Vince has just taken a Genetic Jackhammer dump all over DBs face. Didn't do much for Sheamus either.
It raises the value of Sheamus' Brogue kick doesn't it? If Orton hit an RKO on someone before the match started, you really think that someone would actually kick out? Bryan will be fine.
NEVER in the past 11 years has an opening WrestleMania match gone Under 3 minutes...

WM 17- Jericho vs. William Regal (Time 08:08)
WM 18- RVD vs. William Regal (Time 06:19)
WM 19- Rey Mysterio vs. Matt Hardy (Time 05:39)
WM 20- John Cena vs. Big Show (Time 09:14)
WM 21- Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero (Time 12:39)
WM 22- Big Show & Kane vs. Carlito and Chris Masters (Time 06:41)
WM 23- Mr. Kennedy defeated Edge, CM Punk, King Booker, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Finlay and Randy Orton (Time 19:11)
WM 24- JBL vs Finlay (Time 08:35)
WM 25- CM Punk defeated Kane, Mark Henry, Montel Vontavious Porter, Shelton Benjamin, Kofi Kingston, Christian and Finlay (Time 14:26)
WM 26- ShoMiz (The Miz and The Big Show) defeated John Morrison and R-Truth (Time 03:24)
WM 27- Edge defeated Alberto Del Rio (Time 11:10)
Matter of fact I can't think of ANY WrestleMania opening match that has ever gone under 3 minutes..until now...
I don't see how this is relevant.
It's a disgrace anyway you look at it that some white trash gangster rapper wanna be got more air time than Daniel Bryan and Sheamus! Brodus Clay got more time. Brodus Clay's "MAMA" got more time. SLIM JIM got more time... JR walking to the ring got more time...HEATH FREAKIN SLATER got more air time...
I challenge you to watch Daniel Bryan's character progress over the next couple of weeks before you pass judgment. Last night, it looks like Sheamus will be feuding with Alberto Del Rio over the World Heavyweight Championship; do you actually think this was done by coincidence? Why did they show Bryan backstage right after that segment? Daniel Bryan's character will grow from this and reach better heights because of this. Just watch.

This years match didnt bother me that much because we already had 3 great main events to look forward too in Punk/Jericho,Taker/HHH and Cena/Rock. I think thats the reason wwe booked this match in that fashion because they knew they could risk it. As for last years match, too bad that it wasnt even on the card it had potential to be a great match. But as usual the wwe put no importance in the US championship, great evidence being that Santino didnt even defend it this year.

After listening to the fans on RAw I'm starting to like this decision as it's getting the crowd behind him. With that i'm sure he'll get a rematch and still keep his push.

They both disappointed me. In my opinion Daniel Bryan & Sheamus are both great wrestlers. To be honest this year is the worst of the two for them. The match had the potential to be a good wrestling match and to make their feud go one extra step. I think WWE needs to make something good happen between them at the next PPV to make it interesting. I was looking forward to the match but as soon as Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick it was a waste of a match on the card.

I hope the Yes chants reign supreme throughout every arena all over the States... Apart from Austin's What chant I have never heard a crowd do a chant for a single wrestler throughout an entire Raw before. So in the Cena segment we get Daniel Bryan chants... amazing.. I hope Vince was listening.

It certainly wasn't WWE's intention, but Bryan losing in 18 seconds got him more over than any other result of the match.

If this 'Yes' phenomenon continues, they might have no choice but to turn Bryan face (and perhaps a double turn with Sheamus turning heel)

I'd prefer they keep Bryan heel in his current character (total prick, mean to AJ, "role model") and continue with the "YES."

I think his current character is a big part of his charm, and why the YES caught on in the first place.

i loved this years match! when DB won MITB no one thought he would defend the title for 3 months and into WM. he also could not steal another match. Sheamus has been a beast the past few 6 months. I thought sheamus would win the title anyway so at least they made it shocking. it also gives the two up and comers a great fued for the next couple PPVs as the other fueds come to a close. The WM card was already stacked and the match would have just gotten lost anyway. it is better to save the great match these 2 will put on for the next ppv which will need something fresh. The world heavyweight title fued is now must see tv for me.

Let me just add this little note to some people on this board: the next time you want to mock a kid for crying because Cena lost a big match, remember this match. Withleather.com wrote a funny Wrestlemania column talking about how a kid next to him cried when Team Johnny won, and he felt empathy for him because "my initial reaction to Sheamus doing his shit went something like this:

ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME, I’VE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS GUY FOR 12 F**KING YEARS, HE’S THE BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD AND HE KEEPS GETTING OVER NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO HIM, EVERYONE LOVES HIM AND HE’S GREAT AND YOU FARTJOB HIM OUT TO F**KING SHEAMUS BECAUSE OF YOUR GODDAMN BODYBUILDER FETISH AND YOU’RE SO OBSESSED WITH CREATING MOMENTS THAT YOU DON’T GIVE A SH*T ABOUT WRESTLING FANS AND F**K YOU, I JUST PAID LIKE 200 DOLLARS TO SIT AND STARE AT A F**KING PALM TREE SCULPTURE WHILE THE ONLY F**KING WRESTLER I HAVE A LEGITIMATE F**KING EMOTIONAL CONNECTION TO GETS KICKED ONCE AND I’M SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT’S IT AND WORTH THE PRICE OF MY TICKET

That's only part of his rant, and to be honest, my reaction to the end of that match was pretty similar. Just remember that the gap between internet smarks and wide-eyed, Cena-shirt wearing children is not as big as one may think. The former just has a more colorful vocabulary.

im suprised more people don't like the match. DB going for the kiss with AJ was such a heel move. Then the Brogue kick out of nowhere made me jump out of my seat it was so shocking. Then expecting DB to kick out, after the three count my mouth just hung open. I just had to laugh. After the whole DB build up it was the most shocking thing about WM besides clean cena and orton loses. Then the yes chants and DB is so over as a heel now. he needed something crazy to happen and how do you beat undertaker/hhh punk/jericho and rock/cena.

I give WWE props for shocking me like that. thats why you watch. DB will have another WM, him and sheamus are two of the best future main eventers. their extreme rules match will be legendary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back