Glass Ass: The OFFICIAL JGlass Thread

Batman, issue 0 just came out this week, literally no better jumping on point, & Batman is easily one of the best (if not the best) superhero comic in all of comics right now, Synder & Capullo are possibly the best creative team I've ever read & are killing it on Batman, Nightwing would be another solid choice, Flash can be good, as can Swamp Thing & Animal Man as well.

Aren't there like half a dozen books featuring Batman and/or one of his sidekicks?

Aren't there like half a dozen books featuring Batman and/or one of his sidekicks?

Yes, & the one titled "Batman" is easily the best, most of the others are pretty shit, none of them really have anything to do with the other, all stories are separate for the most part.

So Mandy Patinkin is kinda fucking ******ed...

“The biggest public mistake I ever made was that I chose to do Criminal Minds in the first place. I thought it was something very different. I never thought they were going to kill and rape all these women every night, every day, week after week, year after year. It was very destructive to my soul and my personality.” Patinkin also addressed the whole crime drama genre. “I’m not making a judgment on the taste [of people who watch crime procedurals],” he said. “But I’m concerned about the effect it has. Audiences all over the world use this programming as their bedtime story. This isn’t what you need to be dreaming about.”

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/man...al-minds-calls-it-his-biggest-public-mistake/

Uh, the show is was called CRIMINAL MINDS, you dumbfuck, what did you expect the show to be about, a bunch of fairies making cotton candy while giving away puppies to homeless kids?, Also did you not read the fucking script for the show, should've given a pretty clear indication of where they were planning on taking shit.

I think I just found a technicality that will knock Flash out of the BZ.

Lame. I'm not exactly a big Flash supporter, but I think that when you have to find technicalities to beat someone, you've pretty much proven who should really win.

It's a tragedy thing. People like characters who are struck with tragedy left right and centre. Cyclops is oen of those characters, whcih is bizarre becaue Chris Claremont wanted him to retire way back.

That might be part of it, but my appreciation for the character derives from the fact that he makes the tough decisions and allows himself to play the role of the bad guy to save the lives of the X-Men. Wolverine gets to be the cool parent that lets the kids stay up late and sneak a few sips of wine while Cyclops is the one that makes them do their homework and limits their TV time. At the end of the day, which one of those is doing a better job looking out for the well being of their children?

And this isn't new, Cyclops has been the "douchebag" for decades, and he never complains about his role. He accepts that he is going to have to make unpopular choices, but as long as they're the right ones (and they usually are), he'll make them apologetically.

The Rodgers thing frustrates me more than anything, he gets 11 pts. in teh league I have him in, but the league I' playing against him, he gets fucking 22... the fuck?! I hate when people fuck with the QB scoring, just fucking leave it standard 1 pt. every 20 yds, 6 pts. per TD, -2 per INT, -1 per sack.

Ahem... :suspic:

I've always really liked Cyclops, mostly for his look and power alone. Eye beams are awesome. Eyebeams and red sunglasses, a true recipe for cool.

As for the Flash technicality, considering Shao Kahn could win that fight anyway, it shouldn't be necessary to entertain.

Finally - Tonight is the night!

That might be part of it, but my appreciation for the character derives from the fact that he makes the tough decisions and allows himself to play the role of the bad guy to save the lives of the X-Men. Wolverine gets to be the cool parent that lets the kids stay up late and sneak a few sips of wine while Cyclops is the one that makes them do their homework and limits their TV time. At the end of the day, which one of those is doing a better job looking out for the well being of their children?

And this isn't new, Cyclops has been the "douchebag" for decades, and he never complains about his role. He accepts that he is going to have to make unpopular choices, but as long as they're the right ones (and they usually are), he'll make them apologetically.

That's the thing; that redeeming value IS a new thing. He's always been a douche, but he not always been the best leader. Cyclops never "found himself" until long after Jean was dead.

Crock, I red'd your man letting him know he was a bad poster. Considering that he thinks it's Titus and Darren's fault they took so long to find an identity, he deserved the rep and the comment.

His response:

I can't "respeck" you either saying hateful stuff like that.
It's on. When everything's said and done, he WILL respeck me.

My aunt is throwing a birthday party Sun. for my cousins... who are turning 17 & 25... at some point parents are suppose to stop throwing birthday parties for their kids right?

Also WTF is with my family & organizing all these stupid fucking gatherings on the holy day of Sunday, when we're suppose to be sitting on the couch stuff our faces with junk food while worshiping the Football gods.

Done. Purely because I wanted to write "I did it for The Crock".
I giggled.
Crock, I red'd your man letting him know he was a bad poster. Considering that he thinks it's Titus and Darren's fault they took so long to find an identity, he deserved the rep and the comment.

His response:

It's on. When everything's said and done, he WILL respeck me.

This doesn't bode well for him.

FUCK

[YOUTUBE]RNvqquAyXqo[/YOUTUBE]

YOU

[YOUTUBE]-YeDa3Z8m9k&feature=g-u-u[/YOUTUBE]

EA

"What's that? A colourful, creative and original game?Nah fuck that! We're going the gritty, somewhat realistic and brown looking generic route!"

Fuck EA. I hope TOR bankrupts them.

Your first mistake was expecting innovation out of EA.

Seriously, just go indy. It's where 90% of the good shit is these days.

Fuck EA. I hope TOR bankrupts them.

Unlikely, I'm pretty sure EA is the most stable gaming company out there. I can't say I support the way they do business, but I don't know where I'd be without the Mass Effect trilogy.

Your first mistake was expecting innovation out of EA.

Seriously, just go indy. It's where 90% of the good shit is these days.

I might as well. It was such a good idea! Looked good!

Unlikely, I'm pretty sure EA is the most stable gaming company out there. I can't say I support the way they do business, but I don't know where I'd be without the Mass Effect trilogy.

Do you like that ****e you see in the mirror?

In other news, my college timetable is very favourable to wrestling, Not in Monday until 5 so i can stay up to watch PPV's, Tuesdays at 2 & Friday at 12 so i can watch all the live shows if i want however i think i'll just watch PPV's.

The paradox of EA is that they make pretty good stuff, and some of it is innovative, but they also make a lot of boring, formula trash just to get some money and their overall business practices (withdrawing from Steam, poor customer support, etc.) are really poor.

Arguably their greatest offense is sports games, though. They just sign big exclusivity deals and then make shitty games.

Don't forget the myriad of DLC for EVERYTHING! Mostly on disc too. They also recently announced that they won't make any games that don't have some sort of online mode.

EDIT: Plus there's THIS, THIS & THAT

TNA's had a better overall product than WWE for the last few months, maybe more. WWE will turn it on for 'Mania, but TNA has been consistently good (funny, since TNA was pretty spotty for a few years there).

So, I've really been into TNA lately. There's so much good stuff going on, it's a shame people dismiss it without watching.
I've been saying that shit for years.

sam-pulp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back