General Tournament Banter

I know it's probably not up for a talking point, but I'll shoot nonetheless.

I think LA should lose it's host city nomination and it should be replaced by a Canadian city. In particular, Toronto or Montreal should get the nod. Canada isn't represented, and they should get a region. Chicago is perfect for the US guys as it is probably the hottest city for wrestling stateside. The Canadian cities did well hosting WCW events during the Monday Night Wars, so they are not one company centric. AI just think that the LA region gives Luchardores an unfair advantage with two regions that are friendly to them.

Shocky might be onto something here. I picked those cities off the top of my head. I think that's a fair point. Toronto it is.

Shocky might be right on that, L.A is the city that I'm from, But Los Angeles doesn't have a good wrestling background at all. On the other hand Canada has a good wrestling background with tons of good canadian wrestlers.

Ok so now it's:

Tokyo (is there another Japanese city worth mentioning?)

Mexico City (see Tokyo but read with a Hispanic accent)

Toronto (To avoid YOU SCREWED BRET chants)

Chicago (TNA, ECW, WWE, WCW all have run PPVs there)

Ok so now it's:

Tokyo (is there another Japanese city worth mentioning?)

Mexico City (see Tokyo but read with a Hispanic accent)

Toronto (To avoid YOU SCREWED BRET chants)

Chicago (TNA, ECW, WWE, WCW all have run PPVs there)

That's awesome, I really like all the region's in the list.

Yeah Toronto is a solid choice, And now Jericho is in the tournament wrestlers list I will big time vote for him.

I'm looking forawrd to this oh so much. As for the cities yep, they're all good choices. Not too biased but give certain wrestlers advantages. Not that it always works (see SummerSlam 04' for details). As for the hispanic accent, mine sucks but that was still pretty frickin' funny.

I'm looking forawrd to this oh so much. As for the cities yep, they're all good choices. Not too biased but give certain wrestlers advantages. Not that it always works (see SummerSlam 04' for details). As for the hispanic accent, mine sucks but that was still pretty frickin' funny.

I'm also looking forward for this tournament, It will be my first time participating in the tournament, I'm sure that I'm going to have a good time in the tournament.

Those are just four cities that are "hosting" the 3rd and 4th round matches which are gimmick matches. If a wrestler happens to be from Canada, and is seeded in the Toronto region, he would have to get out of the first two rounds, and then might have a "homefield" advantage with a city favorable to him. However, a certain wrestler might not need a crowd reaction to win matches.

There is still a long way to go, the best case scenario is to simply wait until the field is announced, and then to see which wrestler gets the luck of the draw with certain regions. I know in years past the 4 #1 seeds were given the pick of the region that best suited them, and everyone else fell into their categories depending on where they were ranked. Since there are no seeds this year, it'll be interesting to see how the regions play out.

Those are just four cities that are "hosting" the 3rd and 4th round matches which are gimmick matches. If a wrestler happens to be from Canada, and is seeded in the Toronto region, he would have to get out of the first two rounds, and then might have a "homefield" advantage with a city favorable to him. However, a certain wrestler might not need a crowd reaction to win matches.

There is still a long way to go, the best case scenario is to simply wait until the field is announced, and then to see which wrestler gets the luck of the draw with certain regions. I know in years past the 4 #1 seeds were given the pick of the region that best suited them, and everyone else fell into their categories depending on where they were ranked. Since there are no seeds this year, it'll be interesting to see how the regions play out.

OK thank you Shocky now I understand every thing. Again Shocky thank you for the info.

I have yet to decide who to throw my support behind. Someone persuade me, if you think you can...

This is my first WZ torny so yeah... I'm actually wanting to see CM Punk in here. I want hbk to win for reasons obvious reasons but I would also love to see jericho or rvd win

I'm looking forward to learning and researching wrestlers that I am very unfamiliar with such has everyone from Japan and Mexico. As well as most old-school (pre-90s) wrestlers.

When voting, what are people suppose to take into consideration? It is Wrestler A in his prime vs Wrestler B in his prime or more of a what has Wrestler A accomplished in his whole career vs what has wrestler B accomplished in his?

I'm making a hard campaign for Cena. If he doesn't make the final ten, I'm going to have to riot.

You should probably begin getting prepared to riot than. I know I wouldn't rank Cena in the top 10 professional wrestlers of all time.

Lesnar, no doubt. No one, save for the Ultimate Warrior, had a more dominant run than he did.

Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Goldberg, Kurt Angle, and many others would beg to differ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back