General Tournament Banter

Is there a list of past winners?

I'm liking the format. Looks like its going to be very tough. Possibly having Sting vs. Undertaker in the 1st round? That will be a bloodbath.

Last year's tournament, won by Bret Hart, is here

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

There's a thread called tournament history that has links to the brackets of the previous years, won by Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker, though I forget which way around.

As soon as we announce the list. I might do the drawing tonight actually with the cards saying "winner of Pool 1" or something like that.

Should be fun and interesting. I am always torn about a competition like this, because everyone has a different criteria of the best. Would you base your decision on who the best in ring performer in history was? Or who was the industry's biggest draw? Who had the longest standing career or who made the biggest impact in the time they were given? HBK will probably get my vote throughout the tourney, but was he as big of a draw as Hogan or Austin?

Again, should make for some awesome debates that will eventually break down into massive verbal brawls. In the words of the great JR, this is going to be a slobberknocker!

(Speaking of JR, what would an announcers bracket look like? I picture the tournament to feature JR, Gordon Solie, and everyone else lumped together.)

Edge got to the final? To quote Ron Simmons: 'DAMN!'.

You have absolutely no idea.

Anyways, I'm gunning for HHH this year. I'm not expecting him to win by any stretch of the imagination, but he was unlucky to pull some bullshit triple threat monsters ball last year with Savage and RVD.

I say that bottle of water he carries to the ring with him would hydrate and replenish.

Chris Jericho has cemented himself as one of the true greats over the last couple of years.

I think it would be a crime if he did not win.

I'm backing Y2J all the way. Let's make this thing happen Guy.

I joined in last year's tournie pretty late and I have very much considering being an active campaigner for this year and my pick was either Orton or Jericho. Given Jericho has more experience, has been everywhere, highly crowned and been in every match possible. I officially will state here that I am going to push for Jericho's win this year, he's taking Edge's place in the final and winning it.

Gather the Jericho-holics for Monday Night Jericho is going through via the armbar all the way to the finish! ;)

Gather the Jericho-holics for Monday Night Jericho

Reporting for duty sir :rolleyes:

Untill he runs into some.. sweet chin music!.. this one's gonna knock them all out (ladder reference to Jericho and Shawn's ladder match in 2008 that knocked a piece of his tooth off)

Reporting for duty sir :rolleyes:

Untill he runs into some.. sweet chin music!.. this one's gonna knock them all out (ladder reference to Jericho and Shawn's ladder match in 2008 that knocked a piece of his tooth off)

Yet even a fresh Shawn couldn't stop Jericho from winning the World Heavyweight Championship the month before, nor take it from him in the same ladder match.

Plus, Jericho doesn't take 6 months off to heal, he's a 24/7/365 entertainer, Shawn can't compete with Jericho, especially in the months after Wrestlemania!

Yet even a fresh Shawn couldn't stop Jericho from winning the World Heavyweight Championship the month before, nor take it from him in the same ladder match.

Plus, Jericho doesn't take 6 months off to heal, he's a 24/7/365 entertainer!

Well Jericho did loose to a "freshly returned" Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 19, the place where Shawn of all people excels to a point that makes up for the off time he takes if you ask me.

But I won't argue that Chris Jericho is definitely worthy material to go all the way, hell I wouldn't mind seeing these two in the semi or actual finals, instead of the Brock Lesnar vs Shawn Michaels.

Not only is he 24/7 he's 'The Best in the World at What He Does'. Not too sure about the sig, may have to get someone to make another. Thisn is going to be epic with the Y2J campaign beginning right now!

Not only is he 24/7 he's 'The Best in the World at What He Does'. Not too sure about the sig, may have to get someone to make another. Thisn is going to be epic with the Y2J campaign beginning right now!

Just a sig I made ages, I thought I'd quickly use that. I have another Jericho sig somewhere and easily make another.

I haven't decided who I'll be backing. I'll probably wait until the full list is revealed.

I'm looking forward to participating in my first tournament this year.

I'm gonna go new school, and back Orton to win the thing, as much as people will hate it if he does.

It is also my mission to make sure Punk gets through the gimmick rounds.

I don't stand a chance.

Last year I pushed Thesz, Savage, Santo and Blue Demon, but replaced Demon with Warrior when he wenr out. This year, I'll be pushing my two picks, and three of the five that I've just mentioned.

I'm gonna wait til the brackets are out before I choose who I'm backing, but Jericho is definitely someone who I will support. Maybe Jushin Liger too. I will be anti-Bret Hart though. He is definitely talented, but I really think the Screwjob and him now returning are making him overrated by many people here.

If I may speak frankly for a moment, the WZ Tournament is fucking sick and is the reason I joined. Kick ass.

Feel exactly the same.

, but he was unlucky to pull some bullshit triple threat monsters ball last year with Savage and RVD.

Feel exactly the same. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Definetly excited for this. Best thing evah on the forums. Basically all of the matchups should be interested. May as well try to argue kayfabe for the most part, more fun that way.

I think I'll be supporting Swagger, although he's unlikely to go very far, you never know with the random matchups. Shouldn't have lost to fucking John Morriosn last year. Also, I think Hogan should definetly be in the running to win this, especially with how stupid his elimination was last year.

Umm, who else? Santino should be in this, considering he's a fucking beast. Will Edge be getting my vote? No. Will tricked me into voting for him last year when I was just a youngin'. Won't let it happen again.

Warrior3.jpg

This guy

If Hulk Hogan goes out in another cage match I'm going to be pissed. Whoever voted against Hogan because they thought he couldn't climb is an idiot.

harleyrace.jpg

brock_lesnar.jpg

Both went out in gimmick matches they should have won last year. This travesty will not happen again. Knowing my luck, both will face each other in the first round.

Hulk Hogan may not get a cage match. Knowing his luck, he'll draw a Ultimate X match and you'll hear people claiming that he can swing across ropes. I mean if Hernandez can do it, certainly Hogan can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back