Gelatinous Tapeworms: The Campaign HQ For Chris Jericho!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
chris-jericho.jpg

Not only is this man a snazzy dresser, he is also the best in the world at what he does. He has cemented himself as one of the best of all time since returning to the WWE, and as he's nearing his 40s, he's just hitting his stride now in what was already an illustrious career.

For 17 years now, Chris Jericho has made a name for himself as one of the best wrestlers in the world. He paid his dues in Mexico and Japan, putting on great matches then as he was working his way to being what he is today, and finally gained a major American audience in ECW in 1996. While in ECW, Chris Jericho made a name for himself, wrestling top talent such as Taz, Sabu, Rob Van Dam, Cactus Jack, Shane Douglas, and 2 Cold Scorpio. It was during this time that he drew the attention of WCW.

When he came to WCW, he came into his own, wrestling great matches, and his career took off in a legendary feud with Dean Malenko. I don't think I even need to go to into detail at this point about the legendary feud these two had.

Soon after, Jericho made the jump to the WWE, and was involved in a dueling promo against The Rock in his debut. Being involved with the #1 star in the company and the best promo cutter in WWE history, this showed a huge vote of confidence in the WWE. He started winning titles left and right. His popularity grew quickly. He put on great matches, even became the first Undisputed WWE Champion. From that point, he alternated between face and heel, chased for the title a couple of times and took a break.

It was the best thing for him. When he came back, he struggled to get over. He reinvented himself and became a great heel, which included a legendary feud with Shawn Michaels, capped in a Ladder Match which was a classic. Since that point, he's won multiple world titles and is showing no signs of slowing down. He's put in so much work over the last couple years to be the very best at what he does, and he deserves to win this tournament.

I'm going to list what Jericho's accomplished in the major promotions he's worked in, as well as other various major awards.

Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre
NWA World Middleweight Championship (1 time)

Extreme Championship Wrestling
ECW World Television Championship (1 time)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Comeback of the Year (2008)
PWI Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Shawn Michaels
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2002, 2008)
PWI ranked him #2 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2009

World Championship Wrestling
WCW Cruiserweight Championship (4 times)
WCW World Television Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WWF Undisputed Championship (1 time)
World Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
WCW Championship (2 times)
WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (9 times)
WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Chris Benoit (1), The Rock (1), Christian (1), and Edge / The Big Show (1)
WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Edge / The Big Show (1)
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
Slammy Award for Superstar of the Year (2008)
Slammy Award for Tag Team of the Year (2009) – with The Big Show
Ninth Triple Crown Champion
Fourth Grand Slam Champion

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Best on Interviews (2003, 2008, 2009)
Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Shawn Michaels
Match of the Year (2008) vs. Shawn Michaels in a Ladder match at No Mercy on October 5
Most Underrated Wrestler (1999, 2000)
Readers' Favorite Wrestler (1999)
Wrestler of the Year (2008, 2009)

Vote Jericho. I will be pushing hard for him to win this tournament and it would be a travesty of epic proportions if he did not win.

Couldn't find anyone who it would take less effort to usher through the tournament?

Fun snippet from "Around the World in Spandex"

The only pretty girls I met during my whole time in Tennessee were in a strip club in Knoxville called the Mouse's Ear. I had to have a membership card to get inside, but it was worth it when I met a buxom lass with long jet black hair. I was so desperate to rock that it didn't bother me when she said she was a vampire. However, it did bother me when she said she wanted me to unleash my life-force inside of her so she could absorb me into her spiritual being and live with me always. I unleashed my life-force out of her apartment and absorbed myself back to Morristown instead.

This counts:

Canadian Rocky Mountain Wrestling
CRMW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
CRMW North American Tag Team Championship (2 times)

And of course, his Japanese run.

Wrestle Association "R"
WAR International Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling Association
WWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)

I'd forgotten he was CRMW Champion. Good thing you pointed it out. That's likely to be a driving point in this campaign.

It's Chris Jericho.

On the internet.

Exactly what is "dark" about this horse?

You're been spending too much time in the real world. People here couldn't care less about details like that.

Jesus Christ, it doesn't make Jericho's dick any longer. And even if it did, this contest isn't won and lost on dick size. His resume can go from here to Mars. That doesn't make him better than anyone. Take a look at 95% of the title reigns he's had in the WWE and you'll find that Jericho's accompishments are of little real substance.

Clearly the most overrated wrestler in the business today, almost possibly of all time. I'll be making comedy posts against Chris Jericho at every oppertunity.

Jesus Christ, it doesn't make Jericho's dick any longer. And even if it did, this contest isn't won and lost on dick size. His resume can go from here to Mars. That doesn't make him better than anyone. Take a look at 95% of the title reigns he's had in the WWE and you'll find that Jericho's accompishments are of little real substance.

I didn't think this tournament was judging wrestlers' dick sizes. I thought it had to do with being a great wrestler, which includes general wrestling ability, mic work, and accomplishments. You sound mad.

When you look at how little Jericho's accomplishments mean, even by the standards of this decade, you realize that arguing for Jericho should focus as far away from accomplishments and titles as possible.

Everything under the PWI category means a lot. His 9-time reign as Intercontinental Champion means a lot. Everything under Wrestling Observer means a lot. First under undisputed champion means a lot. Triple crown and grand slam champions means a lot.

As for the rest of the thread.

He has experience in USA, Mexico, Canada, Japan, and Germany. Did I miss anything?

Certainly I will back Chris Jericho through this tournament, until Shawn breaks another tooth in his face, no ladders this time although (Boy am I gonna regret that comment if Shawn meets Jericho in a ladder match in the gimmick rounds)

I'm still doing some shopping around, as I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, but Jericho is an attractive looking basket, and I'm not talking about his suits.

Jericho has always been a very entertaining wrestler in both his promos and his wrestling. I was just watching Wrestlemania X7 where he wrestled William Regal, and it just makes you feel good hearing the crowd pop like crazy for him. There's no denying Jericho has been one of the most successful wrestlers at his craft.

A lot of people (Coco) have been giving shit to Jericho supporters based on the fact that none of his accomplishments are that impressive when examined closely. It hurts me to admit it, but compared to the likes of Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, and maybe even Cena, some of Jericho's accomplishments aren't all that impressive, but still are worth merit.

Let's take his undisputed reign for instance. He defeated The Rock and Stone Cold all in one night to win both the WCW and WWF Championships. Yes, he won both matches through some underhanded tactics, but referee distractions are part of professional wrestling, as are low blows. Jericho retained his title through even less reputable means against both Rocky and Stone Cold, but he still retained.

Another noteworthy moment in Jericho's career was his last man standing match with HHH. This had a huge buildup with Jericho feuding with both HHH and his wife/manager Stephanie McMahon, with Jericho often coming out on top. He probably would have beat HHH if not for the help of Stephanie, but lost to HHH by one referee count, or whatever you want to call it.

The more you look at Jericho's career, the more he seems like the guy who lost by one second, one small moment, one little thing. I love Jericho, and I would love to back him all the way to the end. I could see myself backing him to the finals, but I don't know if he can make it past more proven foes like Hart, HBK, or Stone Cold.

I will only back Jericho is he is allowed to do a promo before every match. I mean that is more then 76% of his offense, his ability to put people down. The rest of his offense is the 1004 holds he knows, which of course pale in comparison to the 5 Moves of Doom that some of the "favorites" of this tournament have in their arsenal.

Plus, explain to me how this man is going to give the Codebreaker to Andre the Giant. Rocket Boots? Are those even legal?

I don't know how Jericho thinks he's going to palm-bulldog half the people likely to be in this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back