[OFFICIAL] The kick that stopped the show HQ

Discussion in 'WZ Tournament Campaign Headquarters' started by Ferbian, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Hulkamaniac

Hulkamaniac Vote Hogan, Savage, Rocky and Thesz

Quickly off the top of my head: Hogan had King Kong Bundy.

2. Jsaturn14

Jsaturn14 Pre-Show Stalwart

Okay, Okay, you got me there. Even I can't justify King Kong Bundy being anything other than a waste of space in a wrestling ring. :p I still maintain though that in their prime, Austin and Cena have not wrestled anyone who can be considered a bad opponent. Of course, I could be wrong about that.

HBK-aholic likes this.
  3. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Taker was in the first HIAC as well so why don't we call him the innovator. HHH, Booker T, Kane, RVD, and Jericho were in the first Elimination Chamber so why don't we call them innovators as well? You don't have to win to be an innovator.

Jericho/HBK produced average matches in my opinion especially the ladder match. I love how he is built up to be the king of the ladder match especially since he hasn't won one in a long long long time. I want to say his last ladder match was in the mid 90's but I'm not 100% sure.

Edge/Taker was the feud of 2008.

Where are the crap matches he had with lower-level guys? Cena pulled something out of HBK that night. He pulled HBK out of that uninterested rut and made you all remember why he is claimed to be the Showstopper. It's too bad that HBK couldn't keep it up after facing Cena.

2005- I thought Angle/HBK was the most overrated match at Wrestlemania and that was due to Angle's poor psychology and the spotfest that it transitioned to halfway through. I can't forget about HBK making Angle's Ankle Lock look like a complete joke. I would take MITB or Undertaker/Orton over that match.

2007- Batista/Undertaker was a great match and should have gone on last mainly because of the title change and how you rarely end WM with the champion retaining. Enjoyed this match a hell of a lot more and HBK should be thanking Orton for being a dick or this match would have been way shorter and possibly not as great.

2008- Any of the Undertaker/Edge matches or Batista/Cena at Summerslam

2009- I'd prefer any of the Jericho/Mysterio matches over Undertaker/HBK which stuck out because the rest of the card was so weak. Mysterio was the MVP of 2009 and deservedly so.

4. SHAYAN_CENA_Y2J

SHAYAN_CENA_Y2J Occasional Pre-Show

I didn't get how tournament works in sense of who faces who after first round , but I,m damn sure the Heartbreak kid Shawn Michaels will kick JJ's teeth down his throat!

My Ideal final 4 for this tournament is HBK vs. Y2J and Cena vs. Austin.Therefor I will root for HBK for most of the tournament time.I think his retirement will help people to support him more than they had done in the past.

5. Ferbian

Ferbian Has Returned.

If you look into http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=108560 and follow the link in the thread, you can see how people will face off depending on who advances, at least that's how I've understood it when I asked around.

But I don't know whether Shawn's retirement will help him more than when he was actively putting on matches, considering he could face people who he would probably not be considered on the winning side of everything from a prime vs prime view. that is if people choose to vote in the direction of "kayfabe" although.

6. SHAYAN_CENA_Y2J

SHAYAN_CENA_Y2J Occasional Pre-Show

As a side note , I must say that Flair/HBK was assumed as Match of the Decade by PWI.

7. PsychoBlack

PsychoBlack Damn it feels good to be a Taylor!!

fuck pwi

8. shattered dreams

shattered dreams Hexagonal Hedonist

If the posts were just in his campaign headquarters I would have no problem with it. When they are shallow/pointless and in everyone elses headquarters that approaches a level of annoyance more than intrigue for me. I am a Michaels fan, maybe if the tournament was most entertaining ever I could see him deserving to win another one. But it is not, and I do not think he should win just because he retired or because he lost one great and one good match two years in a row at wrestlemania. Michaels is famous for many things but winning the big one consistently has never been his forte.

9. Ferbian

Ferbian Has Returned.

As I've said so many times before in this thread, it's all about how you decide to vote, hell if you wanna vote for Shawn Michaels because he's the most entertaining ever, then you vote for him because he was the most entertaining ever.

There's no right or wrong way of voting for Shawn, Brock, Stone Cold or Fabulous freaking Moolah, it's all about what you prefer to vote from stand point wise, and not what others want you to vote for.