Championship Region, Sixth Round: (1) John Cena vs. (11) Brock Lesnar

Who Wins This Matchup?

• John Cena

• Brock Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a sixth round match in the Championship Region. It is a standard one on one match, held at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

levis-stadium.jpg

Rules: This is the first round of a three round, one night tournament. Damage taken will carry over to the next round and will be based on the margin and score. For example, if the match is 40-39, it was a back and forth war. If the score was 59-2, it was a squash. The amount of votes also determines the length of the match. For example, 20 votes would be a fairly short match while 100 would be a long, grueling war.

Cena-3.jpg

#1. John Cena

Round 5 Result: Defeated Daniel Bryan 56-56 (Cena wins tiebreaker 22-20)

Vs.

brock_lesnar2.jpg

#11. Brock Lesnar

Round 5 Result: Defeated Steve Austin 66-30

Polls will be open for six days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Well here's a no-brainer.

Cena just escaped a war, and I'm still not sure that that count is correct, but I, much like the Human Suplex Machine(appropriate for this match-up, huh?) Digress. While Brock squashed Austin. But still not even nearly as bad as he squashed Cena at SummerSlam last year. If last year's SS main event had been a WZT match, the vote would have needed to have been 104-4 to reflect how dominant Brock's victory was.

So here's a reminder of how this goes...

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Lesnar in a laugher.

Somehow, Bryan nearly killed Cena in their match. It couldn't have been any closer. Lesnar smashed Austin pretty comfortably and while it wasn't quite a squash, he is still definitely good to go. If he can obliterate a fully-prepared Cena, there's no room for doubt in this scenario. Yeah, Cena is the king of cardio, but the Beast is one of the few men who have been able to completely wind him even during a short match.

Regrettably, my vote goes to Brock.

Imagine if Daniel Bryan made it through. Just pretend for one moment he raised his arms to the sky and every supporter of his on WZ gave him their souls. He releases it like a Spirit Bomb.

And it does jack shit.

That's what would happen with Cena here. No amount of arguing will change that the votes went into a tie with 56 each. No amount of debate will remove the squash Lesnar did to Austin (who is leagues above Cena/Bryan). Hell for sake of argument let's pretend Lesnar didn't suplex the shit out of Cena months ago.

The Champ is Brockblocked. If we are to go by the actual rules of this tournament.

I hate Brock Lesnar, no other way to put it - I despise the man. When I see the likes of Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and John Cena bust their asses for the WWe and look at a guy who spat in their face and then comes back for an extortionate amount for a lighter than light schedule, I can fully sympathise with CM Punk.

However, kayfabe logic here is quite simple - he squashed three time winner SCSA in his first match of the night and is now about to face a guy who was given the killer of killer of energy sapping first matches. If this was being booked, Brock would win in a manner similar to beating Cena at last year's SummerSlam otherwise his squashing of Austin wouldn't have made any sense and Steve would have went home rather than having it.

However, kayfabe logic here is quite simple
When was it decided this tournament is only about kayfabe? This tournament is about finding the best wrestler, however you wish to determine it.

I haven't yet decided who I wish to vote for, but it definitely is a close race between the two. All I'll say is this:

While Lesnar has the initial appearance of an advantage, Lesnar has never proven he can truly take the punishment, a weakness Cena has exploited before. Combine Lesnar inability to take punishment, as well as Cena's MUCH larger and more impressive resume outside the ring, and this is a very close matchup.

NO!! NO!! NO!!

I'M VOTING FOR DANIEL BRYAN AGAIN!!

DRAT!! CONFOUNDED NOGOODNIKS RUINED MY EVIL PLAN!! YOU MAY HAVE WON THIS ROUND SLYFOX!! BUT THE IWC SHALL PREVAIL!! WE WILL RULE!! WE WILL *cough cough cough* ACH ouch. Screaming really hurts my throat. But seriously, I just called the IWC and we collectively have conceded defeat in the great war of 2015. As a concession, we will stop deliberately liking bad wrestling and making every attempt to bury every good thing that's ever occurred on a pro-wrestling program. It was a hard fought campaign, but the better man won. Now a moment of silence for the IWC, we will be missed.

HEY FUCKERS!! WHO WANTS A RASSLIN' MATCH!?

*pulls down his pants*

People, you know me. I am words on a screen, and I make ideas that affect you. Reverse-reverse psychology is never a bitch to pull off incorrectly, and that is how I utilize the power of the double-double-negative to create a tapestry of shart art on your mind's eye when you make the mistake of reading on. Submitted for your approval, my thoughts on this match-up.

The first test in a truly great man, is in his humility. - John Ruskin

We look at John Cena vs Daniel Bryan and recognize that John survived his greatest encounter to date. Our imaginations race with imagery of a look of uncertainty in John's eyes as he wonders if he can really put down the man behind the Yes movement, a look of disbelief after the ref finally lands the most epic three count in the history of this tournament.

John wasn't just fighting for his rightful place in the semi-finals, he was fighting for revenge. Daniel Bryan was fighting for status. When you earn the accolades that Brock Lesnar has earned, you make yourself a target for the greatest performers of all time. Your belt is worth it's weight in gold and jewelry, but your status has no calculable absolute value.

Within every one of us there's a fire, a flame that consumes us and gives us the strength to make peasants of tyrants. A man named Audie Murphy faced a wave of German tanks and military personnel, a tank destroyer was rendered unserviceable and Audie ordered his fellow service members to flee while he stayed behind. Audie mounted the burning tank destroyer and laid out waves of German soldiers using a 50 caliber machine gun, at any moment the tank destroyer could have exploded. He was shot in the leg, and ignored the wound to continue suppressive fire until all ammunition was exhausted and the wave of enemy forces had been completely routed.

Adversity inspires courage. How we react to fight or flight experiences shows us what kind of human beings we really are. John Cena is an underdog tasked with going to war with the biggest dog in the yard. In this world, sometimes the underdog wins. In this world, we discover ourselves a little more every time we're forced to accept a reality like this one. John doesn't forget being utterly destroyed in a past match, he's had fires lit under his ass by the crowd and by the reality that Brock laughs at the idea of their encounter.

The power of that crowd is immeasurable. That crowd put the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on Daniel Bryan, think about that. Think about this: Why do some people HATE John Cena? Maybe some of them hate him because they watched his rise to fame, his proposed ability to finesse his way to undue wins over more experienced performers while being of a gimmick that overshadowed his abilities in the ring. If John Cena went into overtime with Daniel Bryan and the two used every possible maneuver they had until just one of them stood tall at the end, how do you think Cena's haters would receive him?

John Cena sits in the back knowing that this is it. He's running on empty, but his heart is beating harder than ever. He's going to battle with a monster, a killer, a beast, who is coming in fresh from an insane beat down of a three time tournament winner. John isn't afraid, he isn't worried, and he truly doesn't care if he has to leave that ring in a body bag. With all the odds stacked against him, he's lacing his boots and he's walking through that curtain to challenge the might of Brock Lesnar.

[YOUTUBE]wsw5XH_v9rI[/YOUTUBE]

Fueled by purpose, ordinary people can put fear into the hearts of gods. With a teaspoon of faith, ordinary people can move entire mountains. Immolated by desire, one person can become worth a thousand.

John Cena finds a place in himself that he's never discovered before, the crowd beckons him to hold onto that spark and live up to his reputation.

My vote is for John Cena. *slow clap*

Here's the thing, it's a standard 1 on 1 match and no one has beaten Lesnar in a standard 1 on 1 match since he came back in '02. Even Cena hitting 4 AA's at NOC wasn't enough to put Lesnar down, Reigns doing the same at Wrestlemania wasn't enough to put Lesnar down which begs the question what can put Lesnar down besides the aid of weapons? Even going back to his initial career the only person I recall beating Lesnar clean was Angle and he's an Olympic champion. Sure, Cena has beaten Angle on numerous occasions but he needed help from brass knuckles and steel steps to beat Lesnar, a luxury he doesn't have.

Lesnar has proven he can break out of Cena's STFU, he's proven he can kick out of the AA even after taking it 4 times so how does Cena win this one? The only way it could happen is if Cena uses weapons, something he doesn't do in a regular match because his character dictates that.

The fact is Lesnar has been pretty much unstoppable for 3 years, only losing when his opponents have the help of weapons and a calvary, Cena has neither of those things, he hasn't proven he can dish out enough punishment in this situation to keep Lesnar down so I can't vote for him here. Cena might be the bigger star in the pro wrestling world but I see no way he wins this one considering all sides.

When was it decided this tournament is only about kayfabe? This tournament is about finding the best wrestler, however you wish to determine it.

Just because someone states one reason why they are voting for someone it does not mean they are ignoring other reasons.
While Lesnar has the initial appearance of an advantage, Lesnar has never proven he can truly take the punishment, a weakness Cena has exploited before.

Didn't Lesnar take a pretty good beating at NoC and a huge beating at the RR and still came back and won?

Combine Lesnar inability to take punishment, as well as Cena's MUCH larger and more impressive resume outside the ring, and this is a very close matchup.

Are you saying Cena's work outside the ring is bigger than Lesnar's amateur background and UFC Heavyweight title?

Either guy can win this match but the combination of recent Cena/Lesnar history, the damage rules, history kf neck and shoulder injuries, and spite make this a clear choice to vote against Cena. I mean for Lesnar.

Hopefully Sly will get mad at Yaz for this.

Just because someone states one reason why they are voting for someone it does not mean they are ignoring other reasons.
Aside from personal biases, there's really not an argument to be made for Lesnar (outside kayfabe). He hasn't drawn as much money, he's not as good in the ring or on the mic, he isn't as dedicated to wrestling as Cena and he isn't the face of the company for the last ten years.

If this was a debate about who is better, without taking anything from television into account, John Cena wins this easily.

Didn't Lesnar take a pretty good beating at NoC and a huge beating at the RR and still came back and won?
Cena won the match at NoC and Lesnar didn't take nearly the damage Cena or Rollins did in the RR match.

Lesnar has nearly overpowering offense...but his ability to take damage is highly suspect.

Are you saying Cena's work outside the ring is bigger than Lesnar's amateur background and UFC Heavyweight title?
I'm saying Cena's pro wrestling accomplishments far outweighs Lesnar's.

Hopefully Sly will get mad at Yaz for this.
Done and done.

Remember, I haven't decided who I'm voting for yet. I just know neither guy deserves to run away with this match.

I haven't yet decided who I wish to vote for, but it definitely is a close race between the two. All I'll say is this:

While Lesnar has the initial appearance of an advantage, Lesnar has never proven he can truly take the punishment, a weakness Cena has exploited before. Combine Lesnar inability to take punishment, as well as Cena's MUCH larger and more impressive resume outside the ring, and this is a very close matchup.

In addition, people are forgetting that Cena was actually going to beat Lesnar in their rematch at Night Of Champions, until Rollins had interfered.

In a match he was dominating for quite a while,, you can make the argument that Reigns was going to defeat him until...Rollins had interfered. Same for the Punk match until Heyman had got involved.

When we look at those Triple H matches and his match with the Undertaker, you need to bear in mind that the opponents were way out of their primes.

I'm leaning towards Lesnar largely because of the damage Cena had taken in his previous match, but people are really exaggerating what he'd do to Cena, based on several victories being overlooked. If we're taking into account the draw factor, then obviously, that provides a further argument on Cena's side. The Extreme Rules match is really important too. A battered Cena, who looked like having no chance of winning, did what he could and eventually had beaten Lesnar who had dominated him for the majority of the match.

Even Cena hitting 4 AA's at NOC wasn't enough to put Lesnar down,

Well...you're forgetting the interference from Rollins.

Reigns doing the same at Wrestlemania wasn't enough to put Lesnar down

See above. It wasn't really interference this time around but you know what I mean.

which begs the question what can put Lesnar down besides the aid of weapons?

Who has Lesnar beaten since his return without weapons or a steel cage surrounding him? An out of prime Triple H at SummerSlam or an out of prime Undertaker? John Cena, fair enough but do remember the Night Of Champions incident the month after.

Lesnar has proven he can break out of Cena's STFU, he's proven he can kick out of the AA even after taking it 4 times

Cena has broken and kicked out of the F5. I think a strong argument can be made on both sides here.

Lesnar took a relatively fresh Cena who was WWE champion and turned him into a human rag-doll. What happens to Cena in the same situation, when he is already exhausted, doesn't bare thinking about. Cena is stupid enough to keep fighting even when he's nearly dead, and that's pretty much how this ends. Brock beats Cena unconcious and the ref steps in with the mercy rule.

If we are to go by the actual rules of this tournament.

You know what I love about rules? That in reality they're utterly useless.

There's a galaxy named BX442, we've been granted images of it by the Hubble Telescope. That galaxy cannot, under our current understanding of astral physics, exist. It's too large, it's too old, it should not have maintained its spiral pattern for over ten billion years. It exists in spite of the rules.

There was a rule before May 6th 1954 that a human being could not possibly run fast enough to achieve an under four minute mile. This was a fundamental rule of nature, the human body was just incapable of that kind of speed. Today, children in high school are easily surpassing that impossibility.

I don't mean to discredit whoever might win this match by suggesting that the whims of the voters might ignore what's presented to us as the reality of the match for the sake of acknowledging the existence of chaos, I mean to recognize that we shouldn't let certain rules consume our judgment.

Truly; the biggest rule is that our votes will be public and will thus require written validation if we value our reputations. I value my reputation, I truly do. It means something to me to be respected for my opinion, and my opinion is that John Cena would get his due with a win over Brock Lesnar in the biggest upset of this entire tournament.

So after all the bullshit that was Cena/Bryan, he still won? All i have to say is...

5df.gif

And really, shouldn't that be the same for this match too? Both of these guys are 1-1 against each other since Lesnar returned and Cena hit his stride. Lesnar lost at Extreme Rules and then Cena lost at Summerslam. But the improtant thing about NOC is that, despite Lesnar supposedly being booked as untouchable, Cena had him on the ropes and very nearly won. Lesnar escaped via DQ, and later won the blow off by not pinning Cena at the Rumble, but the green Seth Rollins.

Lets really examine this match objectively...

Drawing power - from a traditional standpoint neither guy draws. Cena does but not very well, and Lesnar is a part time worker so of course he doesn't affect shit except the 6 something shows he wrestles. As far as marketing goes Cena wins and it's not close. And I shouldn't even have to explain why it's not close.

Accolades - Cena is the most decorated and accomplished star of the modern era. He wipes his ass with Lesnar's credentials.

Charisma - Lesnar has some charisma, but it is mostly presence. Actually it's all presence. Cena has presence, can talk on the mic, can talk publicly, can connect with the audience in a way that Lesnar simply can not. And those of you that want to argue that, come back when Lesnar starts working full time because he sure as shit didn't do this during his first run.

Longevity - Cena wins LOL.

Consistency - The only overwhelming point I see in Lesnar's favor.

In ring skils - Cena obviously has way more classics against a larger variety of workers. Lesnar's matches since returning have basically been the same shit over and over. And as much as I do love watching Lesnar do his thing, I simply cannot take seeing another big match with 20 German suplexes in it. The guy doesn't even grapple any more.

Overall legacy - Lesnar is in the history books for beating Taker at Mania. But that's probably going to be the highlight of his career. His supposed dominance will very much likely be overshadowed by the dominance that Cena has achieved over the past 10 years. And rightfully so. And those wanting to wank the UFC crossover nonsense, really? Motherfucker, why didn't you vote Hack or Gotch further then? Why wasn't Ken Shamrock or Danny Hodge in this as a high seed? This is pro wrestling. Not MMA.

Cena is clearly the better pro wrestler and should move forward in a tournament to determine the best pro wrestler.

So quick note to other Cena supporters: This is not a shoot so don't treat it like one. You're just asking for Cena to get blown the fuck out.

Well...you're forgetting the interference from Rollins.

No I'm remembering the interference from Rollins, I'm also remembering everything that happened before that as well. Cena didn't have Lesnar beat when Rollins interfered, at that point the match could've went either way.

See above. It wasn't really interference this time around but you know what I mean.

Once again Reigns didn't have Lesnar beat, as a matter of fact Reigns was on the receiving end of an F5 right before Rollins made it a triple threat not to mention it was Reigns that took the pinfall. It doesn't mean that Reigns or Cena couldn't have won without Rollins showing up but they didn't prove they would've won because of it either. If it was a situation where Lesnar was beat and Rollins saved him I would accept this argument, it doesn't therefore I don't.

Who has Lesnar beaten since his return without weapons or a steel cage surrounding him? An out of prime Triple H at SummerSlam or an out of prime Undertaker? John Cena, fair enough but do remember the Night Of Champions incident the month after.

Well he beat Triple H at Summerslam '12, he beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, he beat John Cena at Summerslam '14 to win the title, all without interference or weapons (yes I'm aware you pointed those out).

Cena has broken and kicked out of the F5. I think a strong argument can be made on both sides here.

There were also 2 separate occasions in Cena's career where he didn't kick out of the F5 either, one was 12 years ago and one was less than 12 months ago. Did Cena beat Lesnar with an F5? Yes he did but he needed the stairs as an assist, if he does that this time Cena gets disqualified. Can Cena kick out of the F5? Yes but it has also been shown that he can also LOSE to the F5 as well but we can't say Lesnar can lose to the AA in this particular situation can we. I'm sorry but I can't really be swayed by the "it's possible Cena could've won at NOC" especially when another argument of "Lesnar definitely beat Cean a month before" exists.

All in all it comes down to this:

• This is one case you can't use the bigger star argument for Cena given what Lesnar has done outside of wrestling.
  • Lesnar has only lost twice in the last 3 years and both took weapons and/or interference.
  • Lesnar has beaten in regular 1 on 1 matches HHH, Cena, and Undertaker at WM, 3 guys WWE constantly puts over as some of the greatest ever.
  • Cena is walking into this match in bad shape when he hasn't proven he can beat Lesnar in a regular 1 on 1 match at 100%.
  • Lesnar is the only guy I've ever seen that actually made John Cena his bitch in a match. There have been guys who have beaten Cena clean but only 1 has absolutely dominated him all the way to victory.

What Cena has done in his career is very impressive, he has beaten some of the greatest ever and has come back from near impossible odds to win, I'm not denying any of these facts but considering Cena and Lesnar's history and the fact that Cena pretty much has to be rolled out to the ring for this match I see no scenario where he wins, not this time.

I would like all the Cena supporters to think back on his storied career. Pick a prime, bump his health up to 100%, throw out neon tshirt sales & focus on match history- main event, title match or otherwise. Now ask yourselves who is the one man that utterly dominated a fully prepared SuperCena so bad that it had your jaw at the floor? A beating similar to a child with a toy sword fighting a bear. A fat girl attacking her sibling for the last piece of fried chicken.

Are you picturing Lesnar, standing over the dazed, glossy eyed John Cena as he laughs maniacally in tandem with Paul Heyman? You should be.

Vote Brock.

Couldn't be more for Lesnar.

Cena, for my money, is the worst top guy that WWE has had at least from The Golden era onwards. Technically, he's been the face of the WWE for 10 years. In reality, that absolutely should not have been the case. It's been allowed to be the case by the stubbornness of those in charge. He's been the top guy for the abolsute worst period in wrestling I've seen, from about '07-'09 and wrestling has only been good since when someone better (take your pick) has come around and injected a spark of life into the stagnation that has become WWE.

Punk, Bryan, Rock, Lesnar all trying their best to swathe through the grungy mire that Cena lazily wallows in. I'm not going to pretend that Cena has been carried to great matches. He is, however, himself not a great in-ring wrestler. He's been eclipsed on the majority of occassions by sufficient more able under-carders. He's got a bit tank and does enough to get by, but the excitement brought to his matches is most commonly due to the wish to see his opponent succeed and not particularly because of anything he himself brings to his match.

He's the top guy and he's been getting evenly mixed reaction for fans for the better part of a decade. That is appalling. I'm not blaming him exclusively for that, it's been allowed to happen. But when Hogan went to WCW, he was starting to get booed and that was allowed to go on for, oh, two years at the maximum and then they made the right move. Turned heat into a story. Cena is a staunch face but his act is so tired and gimmicky, it's like he's a caricature of himself. You can see the thinly-veiled pain he has on his face when he's forced to harp on about how all that matters to him are those few clumps of Cena fans still left in the audience, probably from the last time they were there.

He is supposed to be the top face, and he cannot get people to cheer for him. He's only got one promo left in his arsenal. You don't have to like him, but you have to respect him because he shows up every day early, he's the last to leave, he makes so many wishes for kids, he'll never say a bad word to your face. Well fuck that. I'm sure there's cleaners that's worked in building twice as long, slap a title on them for their 'dedication' a.k.a being a corporate patsy. I don't respect him. He's shouldv'e moved out of the scene years ago to increase the quality of the product.

The day he goes I will rejoice and hope never to see him again. In contrast, we have a guy who is the absolute antithesis of Cena. He's only there for the money and to hurt people, and about this he is brutally honest. And people love him for that. People love that because he's genuine. We know Cena is only phoning it in but yet he's being doing his act so long, he's managed to convince himself, just like Flair. Lesnar kicks ass, makes memories and is worth the price tag and time he's not around but he makes it count when he is.

That Cena has been the top guy for so long is erroneous, it shouldn't have happened. The match where actually beat Lesnar. Shouldn't have happened. Bad booking, just another ego trip for Cena. A small few can still stomach him but the majority have lost that gastronomical equilibrium a long time ago. Now he's just a guy that wanders round still claiming to be the man. Sound familiar? Lesnar wins this in another vicious beating and hopefully Cena retires to Svalbard.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for this, a lot of people explaining how I'm totally wrong, that Cena is a great talker, great wrestler, one of the best of all time. I've been watching wrestling for a long time now. Cena is glorified mid-carder.

In addition, people are forgetting that Cena was actually going to beat Lesnar in their rematch at Night Of Champions, until Rollins had interfered.

Exactly man, 100% correct. In fact, please allow me to repeat that...

So let's stop with the certainty of the kayfabe argument. It's not certain, as proven at Night of Champions this past year and also proven at Extreme Rules in 2011. Now if you want to be a jackass and bring up their match at Backlash 2003, I can also bring up the fact that Cena along with Benoit were the last men standing in a Survivor Series elimination match later in the year that involved them competing against Lesnar.

The point is, no one has a clear advantage in kayfabe. It's as even as it gets as far as I'm concerned. One dominating victory doesn't mean anything. Sid kicked Shawn Michaels ass in similar fashion at Survivor Series 1996, and what happened in their rematch at the Rumble? Shawn came out on top, just like Cena was going to come out on top at NOC if Rollins hadn't of interfered.

Now, with kayfabe being even... let's look at everything else.

In-ring work? I'd say even here, although if you want to give this to Lesnar I'd be fine with that.

Promos? Cena 100%.

Legacy? Cena 100%.

Accomplishments? Cena 100%.

Drawing? When you load everything up, sorry but Cena wins. Lesnar is only a big draw because of his MMA stuff. Had he never QUIT the business and tried his hand at the UFC, no way does he becomes the attraction he becomes.

Lesnar didn't earn his drawing status in a pro wrestling ring like Cena has. And plus, like I said, when you add EVERYTHING up, Cena's numbers ultimately washes Lesnar's numbers. From how many pay-per-views Cena has headlined, to how much merchandise Cena has sold, Cena ultimately has the edge in the drawing department.

So by my count, there's more reasons to vote for Cena here than there are for Lesnar, unless you ridiculously just want to put all your focus on one match from earlier this year. If that's all you care about, then listen.... more power to you. But you're wrong. Dead wrong.

Might as well name the winner of this match the winner of the Wrestlezone Tournament. There is no way in hell either Michaels or Angle is going to beat either of these two.

Anyways, I guess I'm going to vote for Lesnar. When it comes down to it, I just can't forget about that beating that Lesnar dished out to Cena at Summer Slam. Sure Cena has beaten Lesnar before and was, in all likelihood, going to beat Lesnar at NoC, however, he's never ever beaten Lesnar as decisively as Lesnar has beaten him. Cena simply got in a lucky shot at Extreme Rules in 2012 and his supposed all but certain victory at NoC was anything but dominant. With the year that Lesnar has had in the WWE, he deserves to go over here.

Welcome to Suplex City bitch, I mean Cena.

Vote Lesnar.

So by my count, there's more reasons to vote for Cena here than there are for Lesnar, unless you ridiculously just want to put all your focus on one match from earlier this year. If that's all you care about, then listen.... more power to you. But you're wrong. Dead wrong.

That match was one of the most one sided title victories in WWE history so using that match isn't a bad argument but right now I'm not going to use that argument. I'm not denying Cena is the greater wrestler with the greater career, nor am I denying in wrestling he was a much bigger draw but Lesnars drawing power outside matters greatly, especially since wrestling often shows great respect for draws outside the business and has more than once had these outsiders beat guys that were top wrestlers.

With that said my biggest argument for why Lesnar would win is last round. In what universe does Lesnar lose to anyone who isn't at 100%? Lesnar is a monster and is treated as an absolute killer, in no universe would a half dead John Cena be booked to go over a fresh Lesnar, it just wouldn't happen. Frankly Cena should have handily beaten Bryan, but he didn't, he barely won. By the rules of this tournament alone Lesnar should go over based on that alone. If you're going to blame anyone for Cena's lost blame everyone who voted for Bryan because it was ultimately them who did Cena in this round.

Cena should've squashed Bryan but didn't, because of that he shouldn't be winning here, he's too beaten up to withstand a Lesnar onslaught and beat him.

Well here's a no-brainer.

Cena just escaped a war, and I'm still not sure that that count is correct, but I, much like the Human Suplex Machine(appropriate for this match-up, huh?) Digress. While Brock squashed Austin. But still not even nearly as bad as he squashed Cena at SummerSlam last year. If last year's SS main event had been a WZT match, the vote would have needed to have been 104-4 to reflect how dominant Brock's victory was.

So here's a reminder of how this goes...

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Suplex.

Repeat.

Lesnar in a laugher.

Except foooooor Cena wasn't in his prime at that time, his prime was 05 - 08. People seem to be all the way down with forgoing this fact.

Super-Cena would in no way be handled in such rough fashion. and even if he was, it wouldn't matter. Back then, you could shoot Cena with a pirate-ship cannon, and he would kick out after barely a 2 count. You could blow his leg off legitimately, and he wouldn't sell a leg injury.

Cena also holds a win over Brock, but I think we can say that was before his Beast Incarnate stage.

Id call Kayfabe even. If you take Brock from the week before WM 31, and put him against Cena the week before WM 23, you have to call it about even.

So onto the other half of what voting is INTENDED to be about in this tournament, overall quality and legacy.

Great matches - Cena

Promos - Cena

Accomplishments and run - by a million miles, Cena.

Thank goodness Cena made it through I'm not sure how that was even close to begin with. My vote is Lesnar soley because of damage Cena took due to Bryan's popularity. The damage wasn't given fairly but it's there while Lesnar won comfortably. If this were 100 Cena vs 100 Lesnar it'd be a little closer but the damage is too much.

Vote Lesnar

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back