All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
That sounds like a great main event...for Survivor Series.

There hasn't been a tag team match in the main event of WrestleMania since WrestleMania. The first one. There's a reason for that.

You can't build tag team matches like you can singles matches, and the payoff will never be nearly as good. Tag team matches can be used to build up a feud, not the culmination of a feud. (Unless you're talking about two established tag teams, but that's not the case here.)

No thank you.

I don't think the WWE will do two straight (essentially) in New York. Perhaps the 2013 HOF will be @ MSG before WM29. Also, as people have mentioned, it can't be in Dallas until 2015 at the earliest.

My best guess would be Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana. It's just a badass stadium, and is extremely close to Chicago which is one of the WWE's major cities (I can't see them hosting WM @ Soldier Field, but who knows?).

Another option is the Skydome in Toronto. They haven't had a WM there since 18, and the crowds are always white hot.

But we are all just throwing out random guesses. The WWE doesn't even know where the hell Wrestlemania XXX will be held. They JUST put together plans for WM29, and we haven't even gotten to 28 yet. The only thing we do know is it will NOT be at Cowboy Stadium, and it will NOT be on another continent (it has to air live in the States).

I'm OK with tag team match but Cena and Rock vs. SCSA and CMP??? Are u crazy??
No my brother...Rock and Stone Cold vs Cena and CM Punk...Well that's another story...That would be a great match but Cena and Rock together against these two...Please Dear God NO!

That sounds like a great main event...for Survivor Series.

There hasn't been a tag team match in the main event of WrestleMania since WrestleMania. The first one. There's a reason for that.

You can't build tag team matches like you can singles matches, and the payoff will never be nearly as good. Tag team matches can be used to build up a feud, not the culmination of a feud. (Unless you're talking about two established tag teams, but that's not the case here.)

No thank you.

Haha nice. I agree 100%.

Another thing is by the time WM29 comes around, we will have already seen Cena & Rock tag and compete against each other. If Rock is going to stick around and wrestle @ future events, I would like to see it against a variety of names. If Cena & Rock were in the same match next year, that'd be 3 straight Wrestlemanias they would've worked together. Talk about overkill.

Not exactly, 23 and 27 (Ford Field and Georgia Dome respectively) were not outdoors, they were in domed stadiums. Also, 19 and 26 were in retractable roof stadiums along with 25.

It will be in Dallas eventually(not 30), but trust me when I say they're not going to come within 25,000 of breaking the record. They want to I'm sure, and they'll try, but there's no way in hell they're going to sell 109,000 tickets. When they put WrestleMania XXV in Houston they wanted to break the record and ended up 20,000 short. Now the record is 18,000 higher than it was then.

Slight correction: Vince has stated ZERO times he prefers Mania to be in stadiums. The internet continually states it. I'm sure Vince agrees with it, but those words have never come out of his mouth, or the WWE's mouth in any official capacity.

That last statement is 100% contary to reality. There is absolutely nothing to suggest it's a done deal, or even that it's been discussed. In fact, there are two huge reasons to believe the rumor wouldn't be true - one, look at the OP. According to their sources, WWE hasn't even started talking about where WrestleMania 30 will be held. And second, a little thing called the Final Four.

Cowboys Stadium will host the Final Four on April 5 and 7, 2014. Given the time it takes to assemble and disassemble both the Final Four set and the WrestleMania set, that means Cowboys Stadium will be unavailable to host WrestleMania between March 16 and April 27, 2014.

I suppose it's possible they move WrestleMania forward or back that much, but it seems highly unlikely. Remember, holding WrestleMania the last week of March or the first week of April isn't just a tradition. They've built an entire yearly PPV schedule on it. If you have it on March 16, you have to push Elimination Chamber forward 2 or 3 weeks too. And if you do that, you have to push Royal Rumble forward 2 or 3 weeks too. And that would leave you with a lot less time than you're used to to build towards it. This is possible, since they used to have New Year's Revolution only a few weeks before Royal Rumble...but I'd think they made the change for a reason. Plus, what do you do with the schedule after WrestleMania? You don't need 6 weeks to build to Extreme Rules or whatever's after WrestleMania that year. That's enough time to put in an extra PPV between them, which I could see them doing.

If it's on April 27, you'd have to cancel the next PPV after WrestleMania. Plus you're talking about more than 2 full months between Elimination Chamber and WrestleMania. Do you move Elimination Chamber and Royal Rumble back a month, and put another PPV in January? That's what they'd have to do.

It's not worth the trouble. Especially when you can just wait until WrestleMania 31 to go to Cowboys Stadium.

Will WrestleMania XXX be at MSG? Probably, yeah. I mean, they treat house shows at MSG like they're TV shows, they treat TV shows at MSG like they're PPVs, they treat ordinary PPVs at MSG like they're huge PPVs. Being at MSG makes it one step bigger for WWE. They treat it like a huge stadium, despite the lower attendance. I see no reason to think they won't go back there for WrestleMania XXX. I wouldn't put much into it being in a close location two years in a row. Like others have said, IV and V were both in the same arena. Plus X and XI were very close to each other, New York and Connecticut. And others have been reasonably close - XIV and XV were in Boston and Philadelphia, 22 and 23 were in Chicago and Detroit, and XXVII and XXVIII were in Atlanta and Miami.

For someone who likes to correct people, you sure got one thing majorly wrong. They aren't doing MSG and wrestlemania in the distant future. While Vince himself hasn't stated it, compant officials through talking to media etc have stated how wrestlemania is their superbowl, and the bidding process that takes place for it is similar to that same process of the superbowl. Cities will offer the WWE their big stadiums to use, to 'sweeten' the deal.

Rock will wrestle again at WM29. This means that SCSA will not wrestle at WM29.
But, we will probibly see Cena/Rock 2. No tag match.

Austin isn't going to wrestle anyone. It has to be a big name and Punk isn't a big name. Punk has held the WWE Title a total of about 3 months and supposedly he is Austin,Rock,Cena Caliber? Please! Give me a break guys. CM Punk blows! Best wrestler in the world my ass. Funny how no one ever said that until he put it on his shirts. By Wrestlemania 29 Punk will be back in mid card hell. yeah, thats right I said it ProPainScott. I agree about tag matches sucking as main events that match will never happen cause for one there is no torch to pass. How do you pass a torch when you quit wrestling 6 or 7 years ago anyway?

You're kidding right? Not only has Stone cold said many times that he thinks CM Punk is the best thing going in professional wrestling right now, he has also said many times that if he was to come back and work one more program, it would be with Punk. I could post a shit load of articles where Steve's been quoted saying all this, but screw it, look for them yourself you cynical cunt.

No, bad idea. To be honest, why the hell would anyone want to see a tag team match as the main event of any pay per view, regardless of who is involved. the main event should always be a title match, or some other huge singles match, like Taker v HBK II at 'Mania 26, or The Rock and Cena this year.

I really do not believe Austin will wrestle Punk until Wrestlemania XXX. Being as its very very possible that it will be in Texas and he will have all the spotlight on him being 2 years removed from Rock vs Cena. His hometown and the thirtieth anniversary of Wrestlemania? What more could he want??

The one i see happening is if Taker makes it to the next two manias, Taker vs Brock @ WM 29. Then Cena vs Taker @ WM 30 also Austin vs CM Punk @ WM 30.

Does anyone see a Team Laurinitis vs Team Long match at WM for full GM control?

Otunga, Del Rio, Henry & Christian vs say... Orton, Kofi, R-Truth or something like that???

Why does everyone think The Rock is wrestling at WM 29. He never said he would wrestle. He said he would appear there. He could have a very similar role as he did at WM 27. On other topics if he does wrestle I don't think it should be against Cena again. I don't want to see the same thing. Now it's possible Austin vs Punk happens at WM 29 but most likely 30 if Rock chooses to wrestle at 29. I personally rather see it happen at 30 so Punk can be built up more. I also think they need to book Cena vs Orton at 30. The two biggest stars of their era one on one.

What's going to happen now? I mean who is going to headline WrestleMania? The Rock and Cena or Taker and HHH? It doesn't matter. I am really looking forward to this match. HHH is a champ inside the cell and Taker is known as a monster inside it so I can see unimaginable things happening in this match. As much as I hate to say it, if this match doesn't steal the show then it will be nothing but disappointing. Sure hell in the cell matches can get boring, but with these two superstars going up against each other I doubt this will be like any other hell in the cell.

Taker will win here, we all know it. Why make him lose and go 19-1?

Considering how last years match between the two went, surely the WWE are going to give these two some leniency towards brutality, they are the two most experienced and deadly inside the cell (Undertaker has been in 11 - won 5 with one no contest) (HHH has been in 8 - won 6) Both can be considered the King of the HIAC (a match that defined an era) so its only fitting that this is the match to "end the era"

The E should just allow these two to take it to each other, last years No Holds Barred match was epic, this needs to be something VERY special to eclipse Takers last 3 Mania matches! And seeing as the main focus of the whole event is Cena vs Rock, this is (for the first time in a long time) not the main focal point of Wrestlemania and i believe will not only be the match of the night, or match of the year....But i truly believe that this has the potential to be the Greatest Hell In A Cell match AND Wrestlemania match in HISTORY! (unless creative want to fuck up and make sure nothing tops Cena and Rock)

I can definitely see something like that happening but I can't see the screwjob ending in the actual match. It would take away from it soo much imo. It needs to end clean. If Hell in a Cell wasn't so fucking overdone nowadays, I would say put them in the cell at Mania. I know Mania isn't for gimmick matches and I too get irritated when people give their fantasy Mania cards where half the matches are Last Man Standing, I Quit, etc. It's stupid; WrestleMania isn't for that. But this would be an exception...especially HIAC. Mainly for the fact that these two are the two most mentioned names when it comes to HIAC, I'm pretty sure you'll see their name in about 80% of every HIAC match in history.

Something else I can also see happening is this match being billed as the retirement match for BOTH of them. Imagine: Triple H's last match ever and Undertaker's last match ever. Two people retiring in one match has NEVER happened. Something has to be different than last year besides HBK possibly being the special guest referee. This is it, ladies and gentlemen. Time for both of these legends to hang up the boots. PLEASE DO THIS VINCE.

I'm a genius.

Can't wait for this match, hopefully they allow blood and chairshots to the head. If there's one match to allow this in this PG era, it's definitely this match IMO. If HBK is special referee (I haven't watched Raw if they announced that too, sorry) then it's only going to make it better. I can see a shitload of psychology in this match between the 3 superstars. THIS IS THE KIND OF MATCH MADE FOR A HELL IN A CELL. Not stupid, pointless feuds that no one will remember (Orton-Sheamus, Orton-Henry, Taker-pUnk, etc.)

Does anyone see a Team Laurinitis vs Team Long match at WM for full GM control?
Only if Team Laurinitis wins (hey, can't have the faces win every match), only for the next night's Raw to start out with JL coming out to crow about it (or even try to fire, say, Lawler), only for Triple H to come out, announce he is retiring from active wrestling (assuming he loses to Taker, which I think is a safe assumption), and then say that he is taking over as the Raw and Smackdown GMs, but Laurinitis isn't "future endeavored"; instead, he's being moved to a different WWE position (then every week, we can see him appear for a few seconds in his "demeaning job of the week", until he just disappears from Raw without anybody mentioning it when WWE Network starts up and they have him host a show there).

This is how I hope it ends:

Let me set it up first. Taker should disappear for a while and let Triple H do most of the in-ring promos. He should have his presence felt, but not actually show up. At the Raw before WrestleMania, he returns to confront Triple H one last time.

During all this time, Triple H talks about how it is inevitable that he will finally end The Undertaker. The Raw before Mania, Triple H asks Taker why he wants him to end it all.

Taker comes out and responds. To everyone's surprise, Taker says that he realizes this is the end for him. He says this isn't about being able to walk out of WrestleMania on his own power. He says that he knows he is going to hell. But that if he has to go, he's taking Triple H with him...

At WrestleMania, after a long and brutal match, The Undertaker definitively defeats Triple H with a Tombstone. Afterwards, he collapses. The druids come out, but with two caskets. They place Undertaker and Triple H and them, and carry them to the back as The Undertaker's theme plays.

So some of you AREN'T worried about the weather?

Okay, first off, it's EARLY April, second it's at NIGHT. It will be chilly. Somehow the internet doesn't have historical data of the weather of East Rutherford in March/April (stupid to simply look at the April average because it's early April).

so I did find the average March and April highs and lows for Trenton. In March, the average high is 51, average low is 33. In April the average high is 61, low of 42. Basically, it's gonna be fuckin cold.

Dumb idea to put it outdoors in the northeast but Vince wants a stadium show in their backyward. I say screw the northeast, they got all the shows for so long. Put one in St. Louis or Dallas or somewhere else also with a wrestling history but has never hosted a Wrestlemania.

Apparently Rock wants to be at Wrestlemania 29 also. http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_/id/7582765/giants-jets-home-host-2013-wrestlemania

I think it'd be cool if Rock had a Mania match every year.

How I hope it ends:

This year we get the war between HHH and Taker we expect, only this time Taker walks out on his own after beating Triple H. I'd have him turn around and salute the crowd in his trademark style before exiting the WWE that night. No going away party on Raw, nothing. He reached 20-0 and that's it....until Wrestlemania 30.

In the run up to Wrestlemania 30 I would have Cena saying that he has done everything there is to do in the WWE, he's held the title so many times, been the standard bearer for the company, beat guys from the Rock (I expect him to win this best of 3 series at WM 29) to HHH to HBK to Angle to Orton to Batista to Edge to every single person that was put in his path, except one. Have him say that he needs to fight and beat the Deadman at Wrestlemania to cement himself as the greatest WWE superstar of all time, he needs Undertaker to rise once again and face on final challenge.

You could progress the story as the weeks go by with no word from the Undertaker with Cena calling him a coward, have him bring back Bearer for a beating even, but basically have him run down Taker's legacy until one Raw the gong hits, the crowd goes dark and Taker walks the aisle once again.

Here's where people might not like it though. I'd have Cena beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania to make it 20-1. Cena might get his Wrestlemania moment off the Rock, but he really needs a few of those to be counted alongside Austin, Hogan and the Rock himself as one of the top level stars of that the company has every had. Beating Taker would be the final push he would need and would end the Undertaker's reign of dominance over the entire federation. Until Taker gets beat at Wrestlemania he isn't done with the company, we all know that, so it will have to happen one day. I'd give it to Cena

But don't most football fans attend these events anyways? I mean NFL season starts around late September and ends around Feb right? So from an audience perspective if people are willing to attend Football games why not a once in a lifetime WM event?

Though who I am worried for are the Wrestlers. Will they prepared to perform in such a cold weather? It's not like they are going to all bundle up for their matches right?

The WWE reps announced last week that Wrestlemania 29 will be held in New York/New Jersey at the NFL World Champion New York Giants stadium next year. It will be difficult for fans to enjoy the show in NY/NJ weather in March/April. With that saying, where will Wrestlemania 30 be held? Because as every WWF/E fan knows that every decade Wrestlemania is held at Madison Square Garden in New York City (1, 10, 20). And Wrestlemania 29 is in that same area next year.

WWE chairman Vince McMahon business wise is into having each Wrestlemania at a large sports field ever since WM 23 in Detroit, MI. And rightfully so. But isn't it a tradition for Wrestlemania to be held at MSG in NYC every ten years? So it looks like some traditions are meant to be broken.

WWE has cancelled various locations for Wrestlemania in the past. Wrestlemania 24 was suppose to be in Las Vegas, NV. But Vince McMahon changed the location to Orlando, FL for an unknown reason... And there have been reports that Wrestlemania is suppose to return to Canada (WM 18) to cities like Vancover & Toronto. But that idea seems to be out to lunch right now.

So where will Wrestlemania 30 be held?

I can tell you where it WON'T be.. That's sunny Southern California... With getting SummerSlam for the 4th consecutive year in a row, we're not getting Wrestlemania any time soon. AEG and the City of Los Angeles have to build "Farmer's Field", which they have yet to actually proceed on. So when that stadium is built (supposed to be right next to the Staples Center) then we'll get Wrestlemania.

As for where it might be held... Bank on the North East somewhere. Possibly Connecticut... Just because that's where it all began. Don't know of anywhere else besides possibly (and this is an extreme long shot) RFK Stadium in Washington DC. The only issue there is with the current tenant DC United plays there during the MLS season... but that's remedied with a road series... (its pretty easy to do actually)

That would be a cool place given its history and being in the shadow of the center of our government... It would be a cool place to have Mania 30... The seating is 46,000 for soccer currently... For wrestling I would say they could add at least another 20k seats... including a boatload of floor seating as per normal for Wrestlemania.

The WWE reps announced last week that Wrestlemania 29 will be held in New York/New Jersey at the NFL World Champion New York Giants stadium next year. It will be difficult for fans to enjoy the show in NY/NJ weather in March/April. With that saying, where will Wrestlemania 30 be held? Because as every WWF/E fan knows that every decade Wrestlemania is held at Madison Square Garden in New York City (1, 10, 20). And Wrestlemania 29 is in that same area next year.

WWE chairman Vince McMahon business wise is into having each Wrestlemania at a large sports field ever since WM 23 in Detroit, MI. And rightfully so. But isn't it a tradition for Wrestlemania to be held at MSG in NYC every ten years? So it looks like some traditions are meant to be broken.

WWE has cancelled various locations for Wrestlemania in the past. Wrestlemania 24 was suppose to be in Las Vegas, NV. But Vince McMahon changed the location to Orlando, FL for an unknown reason... And there have been reports that Wrestlemania is suppose to return to Canada (WM 18) to cities like Vancover & Toronto. But that idea seems to be out to lunch right now.

So where will Wrestlemania 30 be held?
I was hoping Wrestlemania 29 was held in Boston and Wrestlemania 30 at Madison Square Garden but i guess Vince wants to hold Wrestlemania at Stadiums now and Wrestlemania 29 at Metlife Stadium where it could snow,so im thinking it would be nice to hold Wrestlemania 30 at Gilette Stadium in Foxboro Mass,that would be nice so i would be able to go to Mania

Call me selfish, but being english and all.. I have alway's wanted WWE to hold WrestleMania at Wembley Stadium in London! Would be a sight to have the first WrestleMania oversea's to be Mania 30. Wishful thinking I guess

The only logical place I can think of for WM XXX is Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. The reason why I say this is because WM is the only major event that hasn't been held there yet. It's already hosted a Super Bowl, even an NBA All-Star game but not WM. Also, holding it at Cowboys Stadium gives the WWE the perfect opportunity to break the attendance record since Cowboys Stadium can accommodate 100,000 people easily.

I'm sort of surprised they they're having WM29 it in NY/NJ when, like what was mentioned before, MSG has hosted the 0's WMs. I'm thinking it will probably be somewhere with either a warmer climate or a domed stadium (They'll learn after next year). Personally, I'd love to see it in Dallas or New Orleans, since I don't live too far from either city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back